Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation (12850 Views)

Funsho Doherty Writes On Lagos - Calabar Coast Road Project / Funso Doherty's Letter To Governor Sanwo-Olu On ₦1 Trillion Issuance Programme / PDP Suspends Chimaroke Nnamani, Fayose Oluwajomiloju, Ayeni Funso, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by DesChyko: 6:02pm On Nov 18, 2023
I just wrote an open letter to the Governor on Public Procurement awards reported by LASG for the 2nd and 3rd quarters of 2023, highlighting a number of issues for further scrutiny and remedial action. Judicious use of public funds is always important, and is especially so now. - Funso Doherty

The ADC gubernatorial candidate for Lagos State, shared four images with a number of carefully analysed expenditures which appeared bogus and could hardly be justified with today's current realities.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by DesChyko: 6:02pm On Nov 18, 2023
Some of the expenditures which call for further scrutiny are itemised in the images below:

👉 40bn awarded for a Blue Line operator that is not yet named.

👉218bn awarded for Phase 2 of the Blue Line project when the Phase 1 is yet to begin full operations despite being 12 years behind schedule after consuming 70bn.

👉Billions awarded to specific companies AEC & Iroko Capital for operations that can cause conflict of interest and should be way cheaper

👉 70bn for repair and upgrade of a section of an existing road. This amount is half the budget for Ministry of works.

👉 10bn for an IPP that was originally intended to be financed by the concessionaire but somehow finds its way into LASG expenditures.

👉 Support Services to the tune of 8bn which exceeds the parent agency, LASRRA's budget two and a half times over.

👉 2bn for provision of rechargeable fans, rechargeable bulbs and fridge for Office of the Deputy Governor.

👉 7m for air fresheners (diffusers).

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by 1TrippleCee: 6:12pm On Nov 18, 2023
They will come for you

LASG's published account against realoties of how paymens are made is never analysed by 99.5%of yorubas. I have been crying for so many years about APC being a cult whose expenditures never matches societal realities. Doherty is exposing long held secrets. I pray for his safety. Obasa is brutal and not nice and the entire Lagos state assembly is just a cult sworn to secrecy. Delving into these kinds of matters comes with high risk. Welcome to Tinubu's dynasty, occultist clandestine disguised government.

88 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by successmatters(m): 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2023
If you want to point out the obvious facts to them, they will leave everything and attack you, sweeping everything under the carpet is now an art in that part of the country.

EDIT
As I predicted, none of the zone bees took time to study the article or review the message, they kept attacking commenters on this topic to excuse the sleaze going on in Lagos.

Pathetic.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by HeatSeeker(m): 6:32pm On Nov 18, 2023
Ahem
Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by iwaeda: 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2023
DesChyko:
I just wrote an open letter to the Governor on Public Procurement awards reported by LASG for the 2nd and 3rd quarters of 2023, highlighting a number of issues for further scrutiny and remedial action. Judicious use of public funds is always important, and is especially so now. - Funso Doherty

The ADC gubernatorial candidate for Lagos State, shared four images with a number of carefully analysed expenditures which appeared bogus and could hardly be justified with today's current realities.

https://twitter.com/funsodoherty/status/1725897382682849540?t=VzmHvzNVRvosz5v-w2eqMA&s=19

nlfpmod, Mynd44

See humongous scarce resources being wasted by awon atohun rinwa, ako tile ta. SUV for N400m for Chief of Staff. Yet people are being taxed to death. grin grin grin grin grin

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by sholatech(m): 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2023
Again, this was the man LP should have picked as their Lagos State Candidate

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by socialmediaman: 5:01am On Nov 19, 2023
Pointing out fraud to APC? Waste of time

These men are in charge of APC in case you’ve forgotten

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Xwizard: 5:01am On Nov 19, 2023
Who cares anymore ? Everything gone to the dogs.

7 months old male Siberian Husky for sell urgently

8 Likes

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by superCleanworks(m): 5:01am On Nov 19, 2023
Watch how they will leave the message and shoot the messenger.

Fantastically corrupt people in places of public trust.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Dollyak(f): 5:03am On Nov 19, 2023
Nigeria is gone and the people are morally bankrupt. Most Nigerians knows the budgets are heavily padded but are happy to defend due to partisan, religious or ethnic reasons.

You guys deserves no pity when hunger comes.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by azpekuliar: 5:04am On Nov 19, 2023
sholatech:

Oga abeg make we hear word. Una never ready. Na una go still go trace im ancestry back to the 15th generation and show us were his ancestors married an Igala woman and therefore he cannot be governor of Lagos state. Nothing about the intellect the man will bring to the table will matter, absolutely none! Just 1930s Hitel-Nazi Party style radicalization vibes everywhere. Smh

67 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by DoTheNeedful: 5:04am On Nov 19, 2023
A good opposition in Lagos is a welcome development. I am not talking about an opposition driven by tribalism though.

I have always maintained that Funsho Doherty was the best opposition candidate in the last election. However, some people driven by an unknown agenda, decided to push GRV, who at 40, had no 5 years working experience. The only shining thing about GRV was his MIT masters. Funny enough, this Funsho Doherty has a masters from Harvard himself and has several years of working experience at blue-chip companies.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by superCleanworks(m): 5:06am On Nov 19, 2023
DoTheNeedful:
m

M for Megalomaniac

7 Likes

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Bobloco: 5:07am On Nov 19, 2023
Funso Doherty, they will come for you

16 Likes

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Raskimonojendor: 5:08am On Nov 19, 2023
This is how opposition is played. Kudos to Funsho Doherty.

successmatters:
If you want to point out the obvious facts to them, they will leave everything and attack you, sweeping everything under the carpet is now an art in that part of the country.
The tribalists are arriving the thread. I know you can't hold it grin

sholatech:
Gbam. This was the man I supported and even shared on my Instagram status.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by adesegun121(m): 5:08am On Nov 19, 2023
Ok
Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by EbolaTinubu: 5:09am On Nov 19, 2023
Na today

2 Likes

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by livebullet(m): 5:10am On Nov 19, 2023
Is there still need for advising govt over alloion of funds?
Our leaders no send ... They won't listen... If it's not revolution, no need wasting energy talking .

12 Likes

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by BarrElChapo(m): 5:11am On Nov 19, 2023
🤔
Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Fkmodhi: 5:11am On Nov 19, 2023
I’m expecting the Ronu crew on here to attack him and called him funshonike awon werey gbogbo…. Let’s wait and see leodeking food is ready come and feast…

20 Likes

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by epainos: 5:14am On Nov 19, 2023
I remember the story of the cross.....what the devil thought was his winning spot turned out to be the path to salvation for the human race; however, a huge sacrifice was made. What we all thought has been the killing path for Nigeria will eventually be the path to liberation, but a huge sacrifice must also be made. Corruption which is a cancer we can't kill seems to be the same tool that will propel us to wealth.

The foundation of Nigeria is faulty, and it is clear that a marriage that was not supposed to happen was forced by the British. I believe that by the time we borrow and there is nothing to borrow again, public offices will not be lucrative again. Then, thieves and rogues ruling us will relocate to their second nationalities. Then good people will come on board to save the people of Nigeria. First, Nigeria will agree to have a peaceful divorce so all participants can leave in peace without fighting any war. Then, these good people will start building again. Then, the thieves will want to return to loot again, and that's when they will meet their end.

So, I pray that Tinubu, Sanwo Olu and others loot and finish Nigeria quickly. I don't know how possible they can bankrupt Nigeria in 3 years. I pray this is possible.

Otherwise, the child born today does not have any hope to enjoy life as long as Nigeria exists. If this child born today does not have any hope, you can imagine the hope of 10 years and above. And funny, they are increasing the population like pigs bringing in more souls to suffer

Nigeria has no way forward. It must crash.

11 Likes

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by israelmao(m): 5:17am On Nov 19, 2023
APC government is an highway armed robber.

11 Likes

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Novarisammy2: 5:19am On Nov 19, 2023
the notorious gangs of Lagos at work . how much was used to finance balablu election ?

14 Likes

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by HugeDan(m): 5:20am On Nov 19, 2023
If you must know, preparations for 2027 election have started. Apc is mopping up funds for that purpose regardless of the welfare of the citizens. To them, power is more important than governance. With money, you have the Inec and Judiciaries and to hell with your votes.
But let me sound this warning, " Hunger Is Catastrophic !. Ask the countries that have had wars.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by Honestfrend: 5:22am On Nov 19, 2023
U will definitely see animals supporting apc to come after him..

People who can hardly feed themselves are so hell bent that this country must remain the way it is..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by ntyce(m): 5:24am On Nov 19, 2023
azpekuliar:

Oga abeg make we hear word. Una never ready. Na una go still go trace im ancestry back to the 15th generation and show us were his ancestors married an Igala woman and therefore he cannot be governor of Lagos state. Nothing about the intellect the man will bring to the table will matter, absolutely none! Just 1930s Hitel-Nazi Party style radicalization vibes everywhere. Smh

Where's Gbadebo,the so-called opposition now?
Has he offered any bit of critic or opposition like we've seen Doherty did?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:25am On Nov 19, 2023
APC should sign this man, he will be worthy successor to Sanwo-Olu

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by azpekuliar: 5:25am On Nov 19, 2023
ntyce:

Where's Gbadebo,the so-called opposition now?
Has he offered any bit of critic or opposition like we've seen Doherty did?

I think he is active on Twitter.

4 Likes

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:26am On Nov 19, 2023
Nothing will happen in a fantastically corrupt country. We have been crying corruption in this country commited by government officials since 1999. Yet nothing has happened.

9 Likes

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by aviara: 5:27am On Nov 19, 2023
Yorubas are fully aware that the Lagos state govt is simply a set of fraudulent looters in every sector. However, they admire these looters and hope it gets to their turn to do same. As long as the looter is loyal to Jagaban, he is welcome.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation by seguno2: 5:31am On Nov 19, 2023
1TrippleCee:
They will come for you

LASG's published account against realoties of how paymens are made is never analysed by 99.5%of yorubas. I have been crying for so many years about APC being a cult whose expenditures never matches societal realities. Doherty is exposing long held secrets. I pray for his safety. Obasa is brutal and not nice and the entire Lagos state assembly is just a cult shown to secrecy. Delving into these kinds of matters comes with high risk.

So what do you think is the best way to address the problems highlighted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Won't Spend N60bn On Mobile Phones For Farmers - Dr. Akinwumi Adesina / Wike Is The Worst Governor Rivers Has ever Seen – APC Slams PDP / Minimum Wage: Labour Rejects Fayemi’s Proposed Salary Adjustment For Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.