Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,151 members, 7,835,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development (12916 Views)

Obidients Declare Operation One Borehole Project Per Community In Support Of Obi / Man Mobilizes His Ward For Peter Obi in Delta State (pictures) / Gboyega Oyetola Arrives His Ward For APC Primary Election (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by bangging(m): 7:13am On Sep 26, 2020
Lanrelagboi:
I particularly like this because this way, each ward gets a project that directly solves a need of the community. And seeing as every ward has peculiar needs, sometimes the needs are the same or similar but each project will be tailored to suit the needs of the residents of each ward.

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1309509537632866305?s=19
hope it gets to ibeju lekki.. and gbetu area of the state...
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by seguntijan(m): 7:14am On Sep 26, 2020
After APC has lost shamefully in Edo state, and Ondo state is not totally sure, Tinubu has called his boy to order to ensure he delivers or else they'll both lose their political value in Lagos.

The people of Edo state are the real indabosky in Nigeria, the fought Anenih and the Igniniedon for Oshiomole, they fought Oshiomole for Obaseki, they have the record of not taking a bullshit. Unfortunately despite our sophistication in Lagos State we still wallow around Tinubu and his boys, this is a clarion call for all Lagosian, let's support a performing governor instead of an errand boy.

It is high time performance preceded ticket for second term and if you get there to Bleep up thinking second term is the last term for you, the your party will loose all the next election in this state, this will make all party members to police you in your second term because they want to remain relevant after your tenure.

So many things we need to call our governors for instead of federal government, unfortunately most of us lack the understanding of responsibility of government.

God bless Nigeria
God bless Lagos State
God bless Ogun state
God bless other states

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by donbrowser(m): 7:16am On Sep 26, 2020
Kolenda:
This is very commendable but honestly, these projects should be revenue-generating projects. This will help also to generate employment to the people and the revenue goes back to the government. In this case, it'll be a win-win situation for both the government and the masses. Nevertheless, this is very commendable!!!

Until they start doing borehole.
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by davididenyi(m): 7:27am On Sep 26, 2020
Action is louder than words,sha^
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by meetme01: 7:27am On Sep 26, 2020
Hambivert:
Sparogatively, I just want to ask what is the function of the Local Government? undecided

If The Federal Government leaves it's own duties and begins to perform the duties of a state, how would that sound¿

Bizarre?

Well, I don't find this commendable . Give the Local Government back their powers! Some would say that the Local Government structure has failed, well, if it has, the state made it fail.

We do Local Government elections and elect chairmen who are supposed to oversee the Local Government and Ward affairs, but na lie, our greedy state level politicians no go allow dem see money we dem go use do their work.

I totally agree with you.

However, there is an issue yet to be solved which is, who should conduct LG elections.? States are agititating for true federalism therefore, INEC cannot and should not conduct LG elections.

Still in the same vein, if states are allowed to conduct LG elections, it will always be a one party win-win. So, Governors will still subject LG Chairmen to their whims and caprices.

LG issue is this country is a dilemma. Not sure if LG are actually allowed to function, they will function. Our peculiarity as Nigerians was not put into consideration when adopting federalism.

Will like to have your view on this. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by jaggabban: 7:28am On Sep 26, 2020
BruncleZuma:
And it's news...governor does his job and Nigerians are shocked! More on this when we return from our commercial break.

[img]https://media1./images/e59b1e5da40d5a1ca1a5aaf5fbcdbba7/tenor.gif[/img]
Like ur flat header kerosene governors doing their jobs?

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Rodwave: 7:31am On Sep 26, 2020
Backward and copy copy lagos. Something that we have been doing in Anambra for over 7 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by aviara: 7:31am On Sep 26, 2020
Sanwo olu by this initiative is already building a strong relationship with Lagosians and properly positioning himself for his second term ambition. This will make him not get the Ambode treatment. Lagos go be like Edo
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Jostoman: 7:32am On Sep 26, 2020
So Tinubu and his boy sanwo olu can fear like this Just because some people mention Otedola to be the next governor of Lagos State yesterday sanwo olu have been running around announcing all sorts of project that are not in existence before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by clairebode(f): 7:35am On Sep 26, 2020
You babe shouldn't be complaining of your CASSAVA... It meant to be touching deep down grin
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Jostoman: 7:40am On Sep 26, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Nice development!

I see the fear of coming of Otedola in 2023 in the eyes of Tinubu and sanwo olu. If you know you know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by anonimi: 7:41am On Sep 26, 2020
adioolayi:
Just tell me how Edo can be Lagos It is not possible in this world....O di aye atunwa.
cheesy grin cheesy grin

Ride on Governor Babajide Sanwoolu!

Ride on with insolvency?
Have you seen the State of the states released by BudgIT? Lagos state is insolvent despite the huge IGR and allocations.
Guess where the money is sent

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8362681_fbimg1545411727354_jpegee3090bce26c7088d0f17dc67fd5e704

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/9951256_nigeriapoliticiansandthemasses156163128506959470576_jpeg2519ae8c9d88b19896a675b7b631a75c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8917101_lagos1_jpeg282b890e5baee3811ca903f81be5a99c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8917102_dhaka2ndworstliveablecity1_jpeg7a1885987bbc7f93ca8c09cf143e1e1a

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Ikea81: 7:42am On Sep 26, 2020
Lanrelagboi:
I particularly like this because this way, each ward gets a project that directly solves a need of the community. And seeing as every ward has peculiar needs, sometimes the needs are the same or similar but each project will be tailored to suit the needs of the residents of each ward.

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1309509537632866305?s=19

Confused governor . Tinubu's puppet, settler of agbero

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by usorosolomon(m): 7:43am On Sep 26, 2020
Good morning everyone, please I need help both in advice and otherwise. I have been at home for so long after i finished my nysc, so I decided to take loan to start up business, but there was no collatoral apart from in certificates. So I took that bold step but the business collapses after three months. Right now I feel so depress and hopeless. I need advice and help. I don't wants to die now pls. 08067928513
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Hambivert: 7:48am On Sep 26, 2020
meetme01:

I totally agree with you.

However, there is an issue yet to be solved which is, who should conduct LG elections.? States are agititating for true federalism therefore, INEC cannot and should not conduct LG elections.

Still in the same vein, if states are allowed to conduct LG elections, it will always be a one party win-win. So, Governors will still subject LG Chairmen to their whims and caprices.

LG issue is this country is a dilemma. Not sure if LG are actually allowed to function, they will function. Our peculiarity as Nigerians was not put into consideration when adopting federalism.

Will like to have your view on this. Thanks

The State Independent Electoral Commission SIEC conducts local government elections in the state and the more powerful Independent National Electoral Commission INEC is empowered with only the federal and state level elections which translates to why the state mostly has all the Local Government chairmen from the same ruling party, leading to a Zombie like obedience when allocation is concerned.

If INEC is empowered to oversee the Local Government elections, maybe, just maybe we may have local government chairmen from other parties other than the ruling party in the state and this may lead to the Local Government challenging for their rights to their own powers!

but remember we Nigerians are a 'peculiar' people tongue

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by EkperemoEgbabi: 7:50am On Sep 26, 2020
[s]:
Good Governance.

God bless Sanwo-olu (even if we didn't vote for you back then!)
God bless Nigeria.

Yessss oooo!

Wondering why Lagos is the best state in Nigeria?!
Because PDP has never had the opportunity to be in power, they would have raped her to death!

Dangerous rapist!

TRUE CONFESSION from :

People have been asking how much we were paid to campaign for Buhari , We always deny the allegation.
The new year is around the corner and we want to come clean.
Yes we were paid to campaign for Buhari 
Buhari himself paid us.
He paid us when he started completing abandoned projects,
he paid us when he paid pensioners, (even the pensions of Old Biafran soldiers that have been neglected since 1970's,
he paid us when after 35 years of paper work he finally brought a train to Warri.
Yes he paid us to campaign for him.
He paid us when he allowed even those that curse him to access N-power and Tradermoni.
He paid us when he prevented fuel marketers from going on strike that would have lead to untold hardship during the holiday period.
He paid us, and handsomely too. 
For more of these payments we and every sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians are standing with our darling Daddy.

He paid us after we saw some of his achievements going on around the country as highlighted on this thread...

https://www.nairaland.com/6137046/12-reasons-nigerias-agric-revolution#94211092

Dem MANNA, continue to give them the LAMBA! wink

Nobody can deny that there are very serious challenges in the country, particularly in the areas of security, the economy, and standard of living generally. But that is not all there is to Nigeria of today, and those challenges are being addressed very robustly. That hymn says “behind a frowning providence, He hides a smiling face. His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour.” We will surely see an end to the challenges, if we all work together, and eschew hate speeches.

In the voice of children of hate, frustration and perdition.........[/s]

This one dey use PDP dey masturbate and get organism. Frustrated Child of hate and perdition. PDP demolish your yansh dia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by seguntijan(m): 7:51am On Sep 26, 2020
Ikea81:

Confused governor . Tinubu's puppet, settler of agbero

At least Lagos State feature in the 10 least livable cities, your state was not even recognize at all, not sure if it will in the next 100 years

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by majamajic(m): 7:55am On Sep 26, 2020
sinistermind:
This is a very good development oo if it is thoroughly implemented. If this works, Sanwo might just surpass Fashola

Sanwo olu will beat fashola , by the time he finish his 8 yrs

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by majamajic(m): 7:56am On Sep 26, 2020
sinistermind:
This is a very good development oo if it is thoroughly implemented. If this works, Sanwo might just surpass Fashola

Sanwo olu will beat fashola , by the time he finish his 8 yrs

If sanwo olu followed fashola immediately , Lagos for don go far

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by kettykin: 7:57am On Sep 26, 2020
Wollykayb:

Nyamirin go and hold ur potopoto republic governors accountable for milking all ur allocation dry
We know yur wishes for Lagos state are bad news but this kind of news will always give you nightmare

All south east states are viable and economically stable except for Abia which has a deficit of N356m

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by majamajic(m): 7:57am On Sep 26, 2020
seguntijan:

At least Lagos State feature in the 10 least livable cities, your state was not even recognize at all, not sure if it will in the next 100 years

Are u a Lagosian ?

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Teejay13(m): 8:05am On Sep 26, 2020
Awesome initiative from his excellency Gov. Sanwo-olu

This will have a direct impact on the grassroot.

Other state government should please emulate this!

For laptops and accessories please patronize us today.
For enquiry call: 07038517455
Or DM to 07052481183
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 26, 2020
shocked nawao
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by Qwaps: 8:18am On Sep 26, 2020
I'm pleased to invite you to join my content writing team.

Yes, I'm recruiting an elite team of content writers and together we're going to be involved in " writing articles remotely " as part of a bigger business model.

Each writer onboard the team earns 1 Million Naira at the end of our working partnership together.

Here are the perks of this opportunity :

* You get to work remotely and build wealth

* You work from the confines of your home

* You gain skills that enables you make consistent income even after our working partnership

* You earn excellent renumeration at the end of your tenure that could be channelled into personal engagements

* You learn on the project

I'm inviting you onboard to join me on this project. If you're interested, send me a message indicating your interest by WhatsApp to 0-8-0-8-6-3-7-3-0-1-2

Thank you
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by sadi78: 8:28am On Sep 26, 2020
Edo no be Lagos hurricane, makes this man to wake up from his slumber.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches One Project Per Ward For Grassroot Development by garfield1: 8:31am On Sep 26, 2020
muykem:
This is commendable.

Nice one.I think anambra under obiano brought this idea.cc osagyefo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 / Funso Doherty Writes To Lagos Government Over Possible Funds Misappropriation / Supreme Court Affirms Sanwo-Olu's Election As Governor Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.