Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,046 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism (3013 Views)

How To End Godfatherism In Lagos Politics – El-rufai / Sowore Disrupts Godfatherism Politics, Raises N150m From Public Donation For Cam / Sowore’s Campaign Signals The End Of Godfatherism In Nigerian Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by Bodexman(m): 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2020
In the recent weeks, we've seen several attacks on the personality of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, mostly by the igbos. One would wondered the reasons behind the attack.
Firstly, Tinubu has never ruled any of their states nor cross the path of their leaders to warrant such attacks. The Igbos have taken up important positions within the Lagos State government circle simply because of this same Tinubu, while some of them have been pushed to the federal level.
This same Tinubu left government in 2007, and since then decided to work on himself and became influential while some of his then colleagues left for the senate while others were looking for federal appointment. He never jostle for any, rather he elevated others instead for those positions. That is what leaders are made of.

You don't become a leader by taking up every positions or opportunity thrown at you, rather you empower others to get there.

"Leaders made men" and that's what Tinubu is.

People have been saying his men are everywhere in government occupying top positions. It was so because he decided to give it out and help others instead of occupying it. This is a man who has never been a federal appointee before and you wondered why Tinubu is influential? Do you think his colleagues are not envious of him and wish to do same? I read in a newspaper page some couple of years back where Gov. Okowa of Delta State celebrated Tinubu on his birthday, a full page space paid by the Delta state govt. Isn't that influence? Tinubu has his men even in the PDP, I mean real men

So why won't people see him as a godfather? They also forget that Tinubu is not just one man. He is simply surrounded by men who he also listen to

Do you know that the Lionel Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo of Nigeria politics today is Tinubu?

The PDP will rather let go of Obaseki or Wike if Tinubu decides to join them today, and that's the bitter truth!

Many people shouting down at him will do worse if they are to be in his position.

Finally, I have noticed that the attack on Tinubu from mostly the Igbos is because of 2023. They know the man is the major stumbling block for them if they are to win the presidential contest, hence the need to whittle down his power and influence. They simply can't point to a man who can stand shoulder to shoulder with him, hence the beef and noise everywhere.

They shout the Yorubas are slaves to Tinubu, yet they have some useless godfathers in their region who failed to help them develop their states, yet they never bother to dethrone them, but Tinubu is their major problem. The leave their region in droves so as to seek greener pastures in a state controlled by this same man they love to hate while theirs in a sorry state.

When are they going to stand up to their godfathers who are starving their states and milking their region dry at the detriment of the people?

They claim they don't worship men, they are liberal, yet one certain Kanu came from nowhere whose achievement in the corporate world cannot match that of Tinubu even before he joined politics in any way, he played on their intelligence, extort them and run away. The man assumed the position of a god to them during his short stay here, though many of them still worship him today.

Godfathers are everywhere. Even in your locality. In Nigeria politics, when one godfather is dethrone, another emerges. Mr Ibori is still there controlling Delta politics. Wike is simply going to be one, the list goes on and on.

If as a Yoruba man, you're still thinking that the reason behind the attack on Tinubu is because of godfatherism, you're making a mistake, IT IS SIMPLY BECAUSE OF 2023.

Olabode from Lagos.

7 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by Cholls(m): 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2020

1 Like

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by SLAP44: 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2020
Say no to godfatherism. It kills.

7 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by Tosin17(m): 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2020
You are on point guy

6 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by ajailer(m): 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2020
We all know that the reason is 2023 and I care less about the nonentities but it's good that Tinubu's enemies are coming out early for him to know where his battles are. Watch Jagaban come out on top Las Las.

7 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by ThatFairGuy1: 1:52pm On Sep 26, 2020
In simple analogy

2 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by ThatFairGuy1: 1:53pm On Sep 26, 2020
SLAP44:
Say no to godfatherism. It kills.
Tell that to the Anambrans in the hands of The Ngiges.

We've never complained to you in Yorubaland, leave us. We prefer our type of godfatherism to that of Anambra

5 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by yanabasee(m): 1:55pm On Sep 26, 2020
OP.....Even Tinubu will ask you to shut up your mouth, if he gets to read this....

This is politics and Tinubu is a Nigerian and have imposed a president on Nigerians and that makes every Nigerian to hold him accountable....

Your opinion is very sentimental and childish....

Politics is a game and the players there have fun while playing this games and you either have to support those that appeal your interest without sentiments or not..

13 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by SLAP44: 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

We've never complained to you in Yorubaland, leave us. We prefer our type of godfatherism to that of Anambra

Ngige, a godfather? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

And I was thinking I have heard it all grin

If Ngige stands up to talk too long in his village meeting, boys will order him to sit down.

10 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

[s]Tell that to the Anambrans in the hands of The Ngiges.

We've never complained to you in Yorubaland, leave us. We prefer our type of godfatherism to that of Anambra[/s]
now it’s obvious you’re delusional, first you claim igbos are the ones attacking Tinubus godfatherism when it’s clear to the blind that it’s Edo people who rejected Tinubus imposition and lies after that silly video and now you come here to lie again that Ngige is an Anambra godfather. Ngige who five young men in his own village can tell to shut up and sit down ? You guys don’t get it, an average Igbo man is an independent thinker especially politically. You can’t impose your will on them. Tinubu has licked his wounds and gone back home to strategize, I suggest you do the same instead of writing silly epistles of idol worship. Mind you, I’m Ijaw but I guess you don’t know which region I originate from

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by helinues: 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2020
Save us this epistle...

Tinubu could have stayed out of the Edo election...

No be everything person dey put mouth on

4 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by SLAP44: 2:12pm On Sep 26, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
In simple analogy

We don't tolerate rubbish. No man is God in our place, we respect people, but will never worship anyone but God.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by SLAP44: 2:13pm On Sep 26, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
now it’s obvious you’re delusional, first you claim igbos are the ones attacking Tinubus godfatherism when it’s clear to the blind that it’s Edo people who rejected Tinubus imposition and lies after that silly video and now you come here to lie again that Ngige is an Anambra godfather. Ngige who five young men in his own village can tell to shut up and sit down ? You guys don’t get it, an average Igbo man is an independent thinker especially politically. You can’t impose your will on them. Tinubu has licked his wounds and gone back home to strategize, I suggest you do the same instead of writing silly epistles of idol worship. Mind you, I’m Ijaw but I guess you don’t know which region I originate from

If Tinubu were to be an Igbo man, he will be very loyal to his people.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by Bodexman(m): 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
In simple analogy

Lol

Unfortunately, the man never recovered from the beating cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by Bodexman(m): 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2020
SLAP44:

We don't tolerate rubbish. No man is God in our place, we respect people, but will never worship anyone but God.

And your people were bowing down to kanu?

Pls, don't deny the obvious.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2020
SLAP44:

If Tinubu were to be an Igbo man, he will be very loyal to his people.
i doubt he’ll be an overlord sharing bus stops to the youths to collect agbero money, influential and respected but not an overlord. Bear in mind that Rochas and OUK tried implementing that template in the SE but it failed woefully even in their respective states. You can’t force feed a comfortable, independent man. He’ll tell you to fûck off

9 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by Bodexman(m): 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2020
helinues:
Save us this epistle...

Tinubu could have stayed out of the Edo election...

No be everything person dey put mouth on

I never supported Tinubu on the video.

The first time I watched it, I said he goofed big time on this video cos its needless.
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by SLAP44: 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2020
Bodexman:

And your people were bowing down to kanu?

Pls, don't deny the obvious.

Nnamdi kanu is not a normal human being. We respect him so much more than most men but we don't worship him. What he says is law on a human level. We worship only God as does Nnamdi Kanu.

1 Like

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by helinues: 2:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
SLAP44:

Nnamdi kanu is not a normal human being. We respect him so much more than most men but we don't worship him. What he says is law on a human level. We worship o ml y God as does Nnamdi Kanu.

In the land of blind men, one eye man will always be the king...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by SLAP44: 2:23pm On Sep 26, 2020
Bodexman:

Lol

Unfortunately, the man never recovered from the beating cheesy

Ekweremadu is very loyal and useful to his whole local government and zone. Have you ever been to Aninri local government? Very developed.

Tinubu on the other hand abandoned his people and ran away to Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by SLAP44: 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2020
helinues:

In the land of blind men, one eye man will always be the king...

Let it be, is it your king?

1 Like

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by helinues: 2:27pm On Sep 26, 2020
SLAP44:

Let it be, is it your king?

When I dey make use of my free gifted senses without waiting for anyone to tell me what to do..

Na why we can never take the likes of you serious on NL... Cos Kanu na the smartest Igbo according to people like you

1 Like

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by adegbenga80592: 2:27pm On Sep 26, 2020
:In simplicity analogyLolUnfortunately, the woman never recovered from the battering
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by Nigeriabiafra80: 2:28pm On Sep 26, 2020
Bodexman:
In the recent weeks, we've seen several attacks on the personality of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, mostly by the igbos. One would wondered the reasons behind the attack.
Firstly, Tinubu has never ruled any of their states nor cross the path of their leaders to warrant such attacks. The Igbos have taken up important positions within the Lagos State government circle simply because of this same Tinubu, while some of them have been pushed to the federal level.
This same Tinubu left government in 2007, and since then decided to work on himself and became influential while some of his then colleagues left for the senate while others were looking for federal appointment. He never jostle for any, rather he elevated others instead for those positions. That is what leaders are made of.

You don't become a leader by taking up every positions or opportunity thrown at you, rather you empower others to get there.

"Leaders made men" and that's what Tinubu is.

People have been saying his men are everywhere in government occupying top positions. It was so because he decided to give it out and help others instead of occupying it. This is a man who has never been a federal appointee before and you wondered why Tinubu is influential? Do you think his colleagues are not envious of him and wish to do same? I read in a newspaper page some couple of years back where Gov. Okowa of Delta State celebrated Tinubu on his birthday, a full page space paid by the Delta state govt. Isn't that influence? Tinubu has his men even in the PDP, I mean real men

So why won't people see him as a godfather? They also forget that Tinubu is not just one man. He is simply surrounded by men who he also listen to

Do you know that the Lionel Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo of Nigeria politics today is Tinubu?

The PDP will rather let go of Obaseki or Wike if Tinubu decides to join them today, and that's the bitter truth!

Many people shouting down at him will do worse if they are to be in his position.

Finally, I have noticed that the attack on Tinubu from mostly the Igbos is because of 2023. They know the man is the major stumbling block for them if they are to win the presidential contest, hence the need to whittle down his power and influence. They simply can't point to a man who can stand shoulder to shoulder with him, hence the beef and noise everywhere.

They shout the Yorubas are slaves to Tinubu, yet they have some useless godfathers in their region who failed to help them develop their states, yet they never bother to dethrone them, but Tinubu is their major problem. The leave their region in droves so as to seek greener pastures in a state controlled by this same man they love to hate while theirs in a sorry state.

When are they going to stand up to their godfathers who are starving their states and milking their region dry at the detriment of the people?

They claim they don't worship men, they are liberal, yet one certain Kanu came from nowhere whose achievement in the corporate world cannot match that of Tinubu even before he joined politics in any way, he played on their intelligence, extort them and run away. The man assumed the position of a god to them during his short stay here, though many of them still worship him today.

Godfathers are everywhere. Even in your locality. In Nigeria politics, when one godfather is dethrone, another emerges. Mr Ibori is still there controlling Delta politics. Wike is simply going to be one, the list goes on and on.

If as a Yoruba man, you're still thinking that the reason behind the attack on Tinubu is because of godfatherism, you're making a mistake, IT IS SIMPLY BECAUSE OF 2023.

Olabode from Lagos.
An igbo adage says one can cook for the people and they will finish it,but when the people cook for the person he can’t finish it
In other words
We don’t tolerate intimidation and god fatherism
Another age says
If an idol become stubborn,it will be shown the tree it was carved out from
You can be godfather, godmother, god grandpa,godson or godslave
It only end in your family compound

Join hand

3 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by SLAP44: 2:44pm On Sep 26, 2020
helinues:

When I dey make use of my free gifted senses without waiting for anyone to tell me what to do..

Na why we can never take the likes of you serious on NL... Cos Kanu na the smartest Igbo according to people like you

You using your senses to support godfatherism grin

What is Tinubu's sense there for?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by SLAP44: 2:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:

An igbo adage says one can cook for the people and they will finish it,but when the people cook for the person he can’t finish it
In other words
Another age says

Join hand

Another Igbo adage says "when a king becomes too arrogant, we can wear a basket on our head and speak to him as we want"

4 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by helinues: 2:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
SLAP44:

You using your senses to support godfatherism grin

What is Tinubu's sense there for?

Support godfatherism?

Don't tell me you also don join the leagues of the people making false allegations
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by SLAP44: 2:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
helinues:

Support godfatherism?

Don't tell me you also don join the leagues of the people making false allegations

Don't tell me you jumped into this thread to attack our comments without knowing the topic?

You Are Either On The proposing side or on the opposing side.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by helinues: 2:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:

In other words
Another age says

Join hand

Dont you think there would be confusion if everyone decided to be independent as you guys claimed?

Is that the reason why you guys have yet to make up your mind about 2023?

Biafra?
Presidency?
Restructuring?
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by helinues: 2:50pm On Sep 26, 2020
SLAP44:

Don't tell me you jumped into this thread to attack our comments without knowing the topic?

Gosh, so we should allow you people to demonize our leaders all because you guys are against godfatherism?

Any development to show for non existence of godfatherism in your region?
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by Ikinternational: 2:51pm On Sep 26, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

What did Ngige have to do with peter obi?

What did Ngige have to do with obiano?

Since you obviously have the answers, give me direct responses please. With no diversion n deflection

2 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by SLAP44: 2:52pm On Sep 26, 2020
helinues:

Dont you think there would be confusion if everyone decided to be independent as you guys claimed?

Is that the reason why you guys have yet to make up your mind about 2023?

Biafra?
Presidency?
Restructuring?

Which confusion?

The yorubas also want

Odududuwa?
Presidency?
Restructuring?
Amotekun?
Lagos for only Lagosians?
Double religion?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Panic As Simon Ekpa Contemplates Waging War On Nigeria / Muslims Riot In Sokoto Over Arrest Of Killers. Burn Down Catholic, ECWA Churces / Nigerians Lambast Tinubu On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.