Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism (3045 Views)

How To End Godfatherism In Lagos Politics – El-rufai / Sowore Disrupts Godfatherism Politics, Raises N150m From Public Donation For Cam / Sowore’s Campaign Signals The End Of Godfatherism In Nigerian Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by SLAP44: 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2020
helinues:

Gosh, so we should allow you people to demonize our leaders all because you guys are against godfatherism?

Any development to show for non existence of godfatherism in your region?

Which means you support godfatherism. Why are you acting like a hypocrite? grin
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by helinues: 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2020
SLAP44:

Which confusion?

The yorubas also want

Odududuwa?
Presidency?
Restructuring?
Amotekun?
Lagos for only Lagosians?
Double religion?

See your reasoning..

What's the % of Yoruba's demaning for Oduduwa nation? Restructuring?

We already have Amotekun to secure our region which you guys are still scrambling about?

And where did you get the notion of Lagos for only Lagosians?

Double religion? Guy don't tell me you are this empty... Abi SE a only Christianity dey your region?
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by mushystuff: 2:56pm On Sep 26, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Tell that to the Anambrans in the hands of The Ngiges.

We've never complained to you in Yorubaland, leave us. We prefer our type of godfatherism to that of Anambra

Ngige? Are you sleeping or what?
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by helinues: 2:56pm On Sep 26, 2020
SLAP44:

Which means you support godfatherism. Why are you acting like a hypocrite? grin

Guy stop arguing for arguing sake...

I am supporting godfatherism yet I do not want Tinubu as Nigeria president...

Dispute that
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by SLAP44: 2:58pm On Sep 26, 2020
helinues:

See your reasoning..

What's the % of Yoruba's demaning for Oduduwa nation? Restructuring?

We already have Amotekun to secure our region which you guys are still scrambling about?

And where did you get the notion of Lagos for only Lagosians?

Double religion? Guy don't tell me you are this empty... Abi SE a only Christianity dey your region?

You are even more confused than I think grin grin

Anyway, stop claiming Yoruba because you are fulani. End of.
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by helinues: 2:58pm On Sep 26, 2020
SLAP44:

You are even more confused than I think grin grin

Anyway, stop claiming Yoruba because you are fulani. End of.

And see where your argument ends?

Stop trying cos you will always be receiving Akpako from us
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by SLAP44: 2:59pm On Sep 26, 2020
helinues:

Guy stop arguing for arguing sake...

I am supporting godfatherism yet I do not want Tinubu as Nigeria president...

Dispute that

That means you want him as godfather of only south west.

Chopping the destiny of 6 states na joke? grin
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by Philipponzaghi: 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
Omo Ibo, this is for you!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by SLAP44: 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2020
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by LegendHero(m): 3:07pm On Sep 26, 2020
Awo is the Yoruba political Godfather and what he did for us is visible even to this current generation.

Akintola betrayed the cause when he allied with the North because they sold him a dummy that they are going to end Godfatherism.

Now ask yourself, what did we achieve from Akintola and what are the legacies that can be attributed to him?

Both Godfatherism or a lack of it still bore down to performance. If you don’t perform then the people will turn their back against you.

Tinubu was able to achieve that status in Lagos because he gave them Fashola who performed above expectation and Tinubu banked on his own former tentacles and utilized Fashola achievement as a better leverage.

Even Buhari 2015 was able to harness the Tinubu/Fashola goodwill because Fashola was the poster boy for APC then in the press.

When Tinubu’s mate are going to Abuja as senator in 2007, he stood back home in Lagos and focused on making Lagos his own universe. If he don’t support performing politicians, then a million Godfather cannot hold the people of Lagos from voting them out.

In as much as Tinubu APC continue to produce performing governors in Lagos, then a trillion PDP cannot depose them.

He was born with politics, grew in politics, schooled in politics, and graduated with politics.

Asiwaju omo olodo ide!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by helinues: 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
SLAP44:

That means you want him as godfather of only south west.

Chopping the destiny of 6 states na joke? grin

Stop trying.... It's a waste of energy
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by Ikinternational: 3:12pm On Sep 26, 2020
Bodexman:

And your people were bowing down to kanu?

Pls, don't deny the obvious.

Guy, you don't have street sense at all.
First of all, if kanu is as big in igboland as nairalanders think, the noise for Biafra would be louder. Much much louder.

Here's a little secret, kanu is a nobody in igboland. Don't get me wrong, he has his segment of supporters. But overall, in terms of actual power to get things done, he's a nobody.

Don't use noise made on nairaland to judge his importance. I'm not even aware of any significant title that has been bestowed upon him in SE

Some of my igbo brothers will disagree with me. But deep down, they know I'm not lying
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by Yebosola(m): 4:14pm On Sep 26, 2020
Their useless rant is inconsequential, who takes 5%er serious anyway? Till they deal with TA Orji & Son, Ikpeazu the kerosene man, OUK and others
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by Yebosola(m): 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2020
yanabasee:
OP.....Even Tinubu will ask you to shut up your mouth, if he gets to read this....

This is politics and Tinubu is a Nigerian and have imposed a president on Nigerians and that makes every Nigerian to hold him accountable....

Your opinion is very sentimental and childish....

Politics is a game and the players there have fun while playing this games and you either have to support those that appeal your interest without sentiments or not..

How has he imposed President on u? After crying that SW votes are inconsequential to Buhari presidency

1 Like

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by Yebosola(m): 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2020
SLAP44:

We don't tolerate rubbish. No man is God in our place, we respect people, but will never worship anyone but God.

Where is your place? Kerosene gulper, am sure u deh Lagos deh vomit gibberish, u no worship my foot and Nk deh use your destiny play ludo, u no worship true true, bunch of clowns.
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by Nigeriabiafra80: 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2020
helinues:

Dont you think there would be confusion if everyone decided to be independent as you guys claimed?

Is that the reason why you guys have yet to make up your mind about 2023?

Biafra?
Presidency?
Restructuring?
Referendum will answer these questions
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by Yebosola(m): 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2020
Ikinternational:

Guy, you don't have street sense at all.
First of all, if kanu is as big in igboland as nairalanders think, the noise for Biafra would be louder. Much much louder.

Here's a little secret, kanu is a nobody in igboland. Don't get me wrong, he has his segment of supporters. But overall, in terms of actual power to get things done, he's a nobody.

Don't use noise made on nairaland to judge his importance. I'm not even aware of any significant title that has been bestowed upon him in SE

Some of my igbo brothers will disagree with me. But deep down, they know I'm not lying

Y are your brothers on top of Tinubu's matter as if he is the one that exchange their destiny with kerosene? Has it ever occurs to you that SW has over 40% of PDP members, we are not emotional voters, leave the Tinubu for us, u are too inconsequential to us in politics, we hardly put mouth in d way your govs maltreats your region, stay on your lane, we stay on ours, enough is enough.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by twodee75: 5:01pm On Sep 26, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Tell that to the Anambrans in the hands of The Ngiges.

We've never complained to you in Yorubaland, leave us. We prefer our type of godfatherism to that of Anambra

Abeg speak for yourself not all Yoruba... No be everybody go sleep and put thier heads up one place....
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by Ajibel(m): 5:07pm On Sep 26, 2020
helinues:
Save us this epistle...

Tinubu could have stayed out of the Edo election...

No be everything person dey put mouth on

That silly video he made annoyed me so much. I wonder what he was thinking of at that moment. He showed his hands as a desperado and I'm sure he regrets that move.
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by twodee75: 5:11pm On Sep 26, 2020
At times I wounder how pple reason, Tinubu produced Fadhola! Good... Is that an achievement? Let pick point any achievement fashols did that is so spectacular! He build road! Is he the only governor that build road... If pple are saying achievement for Lagos! Give it to Jakande... abeg.
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by BERNIMOORE: 5:23pm On Sep 26, 2020
Bodexman:
[s]In the recent weeks, we've seen several attacks on the personality of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, mostly by the igbos. One would wondered the reasons behind the attack.
Firstly, Tinubu has never ruled any of their states nor cross the path of their leaders to warrant such attacks. The Igbos have taken up important positions within the Lagos State government circle simply because of this same Tinubu, while some of them have been pushed to the federal level.
This same Tinubu left government in 2007, and since then decided to work on himself and became influential while some of his then colleagues left for the senate while others were looking for federal appointment. He never jostle for any, rather he elevated others instead for those positions. That is what leaders are made of.

You don't become a leader by taking up every positions or opportunity thrown at you, rather you empower others to get there.

"Leaders made men" and that's what Tinubu is.

People have been saying his men are everywhere in government occupying top positions. It was so because he decided to give it out and help others instead of occupying it. This is a man who has never been a federal appointee before and you wondered why Tinubu is influential? Do you think his colleagues are not envious of him and wish to do same? I read in a newspaper page some couple of years back where Gov. Okowa of Delta State celebrated Tinubu on his birthday, a full page space paid by the Delta state govt. Isn't that influence? Tinubu has his men even in the PDP, I mean real men

So why won't people see him as a godfather? They also forget that Tinubu is not just one man. He is simply surrounded by men who he also listen to

Do you know that the Lionel Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo of Nigeria politics today is Tinubu?

The PDP will rather let go of Obaseki or Wike if Tinubu decides to join them today, and that's the bitter truth!

Many people shouting down at him will do worse if they are to be in his position.

Finally, I have noticed that the attack on Tinubu from mostly the Igbos is because of 2023. They know the man is the major stumbling block for them if they are to win the presidential contest, hence the need to whittle down his power and influence. They simply can't point to a man who can stand shoulder to shoulder with him, hence the beef and noise everywhere.

They shout the Yorubas are slaves to Tinubu, yet they have some useless godfathers in their region who failed to help them develop their states, yet they never bother to dethrone them, but Tinubu is their major problem. The leave their region in droves so as to seek greener pastures in a state controlled by this same man they love to hate while theirs in a sorry state.

When are they going to stand up to their godfathers who are starving their states and milking their region dry at the detriment of the people?

They claim they don't worship men, they are liberal, yet one certain Kanu came from nowhere whose achievement in the corporate world cannot match that of Tinubu even before he joined politics in any way, he played on their intelligence, extort them and run away. The man assumed the position of a god to them during his short stay here, though many of them still worship him today.

Godfathers are everywhere. Even in your locality. In Nigeria politics, when one godfather is dethrone, another emerges. Mr Ibori is still there controlling Delta politics. Wike is simply going to be one, the list goes on and on.

If as a Yoruba man, you're still thinking that the reason behind the attack on Tinubu is because of godfatherism, you're making a mistake, IT IS SIMPLY BECAUSE OF 2023[/s].

Olabode from Lagos.
Trash

Even Tinubu position as a so called national leader is unconstitutional... Who is the national leader of the Democrats or Republicans in the USA
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by ledamaster(m): 5:45pm On Sep 26, 2020
Lol. Nobody gives a horse sh!#t about Tinubu, he is getting all the sticks cos yall are hell bent on making him what he is not. Was it the Igbos that pushed him to make the anti Obaseki video that caused his see finish in Edo? Tinubu cannot even control any the APC without Biharis backing. Who will follow him? Elrufai? Ameachi? Cabal, even fayemi or fashola? Lmao. Everyone knows he uses his propaganda outlets to make noise, which happens to be the only contribution he made to Buhari presidency. What was the difference between GEJ and Buhari in 2015 when Tinubu was at the peak of his popularity? 600k. What was it in 2019 with all the FG might and support? Less than 200k. In prof. Ango voice, the South west cancelled out their own votes. Thus states like Benue, Plateau, Nasarawa who have always been pro PDP and anti Buhari but switched were key. These states are more valuable to APC today. Bode George told him the whole truth, national politics is not Lagos -Ibadan express way amala only you and your boys chop politics.
Without Buhari putting his foot down and calling Goje and Others to order on the eve of NASS election, Gbajamila wont be speaker today and Goje would be the Senate president. But y'all keep hyping him. Bro better wake up, not a single Tinubu boys or him will be allowed to smell that seat. A makinde or anyone from SWest has more chance than Tinubu or his boys. The north wont even say it, bit they knw theu ve been short changed by Tinubu boys on power, no decent road like they see done in South west by fashola. No rail, nothing. cos Tinubu and his boys are as usual selfish. Fashola was busy working for south west, while making noise on northern projects. The North have seen through all yall fake hailing and lies.

On Wike, you just said the most stupidest thing i have ever heard or read.imagine comparing Wike with your washed up has been Tinubu. Makinde self command more respect in the entire south than Tinubu now. Forget Lagos IGR, the back bone of income still remains South South, Wike can easily get 85% of the SS region and 45-50% from the South East, can Tinubu get that without playing tribal politics of Yoruba vs Igbos?
For your info that's the only thing that's keeping Tinubu in power in Lagos and SWest. Using his media outlets to cause hatred between the two tribes to remain in power. Thank God other souther west folks are now seeing through him, leave igbos out of your failed Presidential quest. Your lagoon drowning politics wont work again, neither will this your new revived Oduduwa republic chants work. Igbos have lived with Yorubas in peace for decades, voted Yorubas, supported them to power for years, and never had an issue with havingva Yoriba president. same with South South minorities, yet cos Tinubu wants to have VP, he used the Red media, Omojuwa and co and some mods here to push the demonizarion and defaming campaign against the South East cos they prefered Jonathan than the failure he wanted ro help bring to power. question is why cant Yorubas stand an Igbo president?. You want them to love youwhile you dknt want them to have anything. Pls live igbos out of it, they are not Oyo folks that rejected Tinubu, nor Edo folks that hit the nails on his presidential ambition. Just enjoy your L in peace bran. Peace

2 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by ThatFairGuy1: 5:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
now it’s obvious you’re delusional, first you claim igbos are the ones attacking Tinubus godfatherism when it’s clear to the blind that it’s Edo people who rejected Tinubus imposition and lies after that silly video and now you come here to lie again that Ngige is an Anambra godfather. Ngige who five young men in his own village can tell to shut up and sit down ? You guys don’t get it, an average Igbo man is an independent thinker especially politically. You can’t impose your will on them. Tinubu has licked his wounds and gone back home to strategize, I suggest you do the same instead of writing silly epistles of idol worship. Mind you, I’m Ijaw but I guess you don’t know which region I originate from
Shove your crap into your asss.
When did you and I had conversation where I made mention of what you are attributing to me? Bigoted liar you are.
Once again, shove that crap into your asss
Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by ThatFairGuy1: 5:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
SLAP44:

We don't tolerate rubbish. No man is God in our place, we respect people, but will never worship anyone but God.
And what will you call this if not worshipping?

4 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 26, 2020
If igbos want us to believe they are not cowards and they are liberals;

They should challenge their elders/fathers to stop the selling of their daughters in the name of marriage.

They should challenge their elders/fathers to stop ohu/Osu system

They should attack their fathers and elders the same way they attack TINUBU to give women right to inheritance.

With these, we can believe they hate godfatherism, if they can't then they are hypocrite!

3 Likes

Re: Opinion About The Attack On Tinubu And Godfatherism by Ikinternational: 7:25pm On Sep 26, 2020
Yebosola:

Y are your brothers on top of Tinubu's matter as if he is the one that exchange their destiny with kerosene? Has it ever occurs to you that SW has over 40% of PDP members, we are not emotional voters, leave the Tinubu for us, u are too inconsequential to us in politics, we hardly put mouth in d way your govs maltreats your region, stay on your lane, we stay on ours, enough is enough.

This is a conversation heading in opposite direction.
How exactly did you address my paragraph you quoted?

Igbos are inconsequential abi...that's why your ilks are here catching hypertension daily?
Maybe I'm crazy, but people that are inconsequential to me get ignored

Igbos are so inconsequential that in a country of 180 million, anyone that disagrees with your types is deemed ipob. Make it make sense.

Accept it or not, igbos contribute mightily to the coffers of Lagos state. So we'll always be comfortable having a say when it comes to the affairs of that state. Nobody needs your permission to speak on Mr Tinubu. Just like I wouldn't have an issue with a yoruba person that speaks on orji kalu

You can continue lying to yourself living in the delusion that igbos don't matter. That one na your own headache

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

At Last What Are The Achievements Of This #endsars Protest? / Largest Oil FPSO In The World; Nigeria Egina, Makes Top Of The List / Aba Is Very Clean And Green (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.