Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,762 members, 7,827,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student (45730 Views)

Chigozie Odum: UNN Lecturer Arrested For Impregnating, Threatening Student / Ami Victor Ugochukwu: IAUE Student Who Returned Missing Phone To Staff Rewarded / Kisuze Edward, Ugandan Lecturer Suspended Over Sex Scandal (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student by omooba969(m): 9:49am On Sep 27, 2020
lightangel65i:

Stfu bro it was consexual and if they suspend the lecturer they should also suspend the student, it wasn't a rape case

You have certainly failed to realise that the educational system has again failed the student in question. The checks and balances are not present, and if there had been serious consequences for such behaviour perpetuated by the lecturer, the student would equally be protected.

As for rape, this case could possibly qualify for a rape charge if properly investigated coz I want to believe the said student would probably have rejected the lecturer's advances at the first instance - it's a possibility! cool
Re: Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student by omooba969(m): 9:57am On Sep 27, 2020
Hassanmaye:
Na dem stupid men all they know is pussy, see now he has destroyed his career,
[s]that's why islam is good you can marry up to four wives.
Some stupid men the money they spend on pekus each day will buy them a mansion in Lagos or even a life time investment.[/s]

You were making sense until your brain started to overheat.

Jez CALM DOWN ok.

Re: Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student by omooba969(m): 10:02am On Sep 27, 2020
Kobicove:
This is my first time of hearing about this school undecided

Do you know all the schools in Nigeria?

Re: Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student by 2dillu2(m): 10:10am On Sep 27, 2020
MartinCorridon:
He was teaching her Reproduction....practical biology.

He should be used for Castration too. undecided
but he is Sociologist na why is he teaching Biology?
Re: Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student by wink2015(m): 10:10am On Sep 27, 2020
paulolee:
just too bad...but why punish the lecturer only?? she wasn't raped and they are both matured to decide next way forward...
modified.....
to those quoting me, pls she wasnt forced to go down with him after being intimidated because i av heard of several cases where girls stood on thier ground and refuse stupid lecturers advances, her best bet was to report him or set a trap and record him instead of sleeping with him because if she didnt sleep with him, they would be no complications..
the eocnomy is too bad and i dnt av a job do not justify my reasons if i decide to take up guns bcoz two wrongs dont make a right and i still think they both deserved to be punished, lets be guided...

That argument does not free the lecturer from being guilty of student molestation.

The lecturer took advantage of the student using his superior role.

He should be a role model and a beacon of moral decency.

What happened to his wife?

These are the group of people Senator Ovie Omo Agege proposed the sexual harrassement bill for.

1 Like

Re: Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student by MartinCorridon: 10:12am On Sep 27, 2020
2dillu2:
but he is Sociologist na why is he teaching Biology?

Maybe that's why he got in trouble...teaching what he had no business teaching. undecided
Re: Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student by MartinCorridon: 10:12am On Sep 27, 2020
lightangel65i:

Stfu bro it was consexual and if they suspend the lecturer they should also suspend the student, it wasn't a rape case

Because you were there ? Learn some manners when talking to your superiors.

1 Like

Re: Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student by maasoap(m): 10:17am On Sep 27, 2020
lightangel65i:

By now, you should know that the Senate committee that suspended him are not bunch of demented like you. There is ethics that forbids lecturers from sleeping with their students. I blame the girl for not poisoning him like one did the other time.
Re: Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:31am On Sep 27, 2020
I don't know why some guys take sex so serious. Now the lecturer just ruined the life of the female student and he himself got disgraced for his actions
Re: Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student by Bimpe29: 11:02am On Sep 27, 2020
The concerned authority should get him arrested for onward investigation and prosecution.
Re: Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student by Sixfeetbelle: 11:10am On Sep 27, 2020
paulolee:
just too bad...but why punish the lecturer only?? she wasn't raped and they are both matured to decide next way forward...
modified.....
to those quoting me, pls she wasnt forced to go down with him after being intimidated because i av heard of several cases where girls stood on thier ground and refuse stupid lecturers advances, her best bet was to report him or set a trap and record him instead of sleeping with him because if she didnt sleep with him, they would be no complications..
the eocnomy is too bad and i dnt av a job do not justify my reasons if i decide to take up guns bcoz two wrongs dont make a right and i still think they both deserved to be punished, lets be guided...

Sexual assault means she was forced into it. Sexual harassment is a real crime and the perpetrator must be punished not the victim cause if she defended herself against his assaults, she may be the one serving jail term if she can't prove her innocence. So don't defend evil because you're trying to prove you have sense.
Re: Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student by HabaHaba: 11:21am On Sep 27, 2020
TinubuGoQuench:
Good one!
Justice must be done and seen to be done

All of us @MANNABIGBIGPRICK thank the VC

Chai!!!

See finishing!!!

God dey O! Manna my Guy no go like the way u spoil im hallowed name & brand!

Shsisihsisi
Re: Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student by jabojafa(m): 2:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
It is university policy. Lectures are not allowed to go into relationships with their students.
paulolee:
modified.....
Re: Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student by lexander(m): 6:13pm On Sep 27, 2020
post=94346048:

Paulo, did you read the bolded below?!

We do hope so.
How is your weekend going brotherly?
I didn't even bother reading the post but truth is Nigeria is a lawless nation. In a sane country you can't date or even marry your students it doesn't matter how old he or she is ,you either resign or the student leaves the school period. In his case he might lose his license and if found guilty of the accusation jail awaits but we re in Nigeria so he might get a pat on the back
Re: Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student by Jeremiahtortor(m): 6:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
I hear you Sir
Re: Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student by Insectkiller: 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2020
Konji nah badt thing
Re: Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student by lightangel65i(m): 11:41pm On Sep 27, 2020
MartinCorridon:

Because you were there ? Learn some manners when talking to your superiors.

Shut up gutter rat, i dont have your time
Re: Rowland Igwe, IAUE Lecturer Suspended For Impregnating Student by MartinCorridon: 11:49pm On Sep 27, 2020
lightangel65i:

lightangel65i to his father:

Shut up gutter rat, i dont have your time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] / Great Day For Me I Graduated With First Class (photo) / The Use Of 'i Was Like Ok' By Nigerian Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.