Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,928 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) (29226 Views)

Habiba Sule Adejoh Graduates With First Class From University College London / Ebonyi State College Of Medicine Under Construction (Photos) / Doctor Jonathan Chukwunonso Manulu, ABU College Of Medicine Best Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by MrInformation(m): 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2020
selemempe:
why are you calling him Igbo man? Did he lie?
Name one yoruba governor in this era that is close to Umahi

Instead of you guys to be begging him to be president in 2023, you want to force Tinubu down our throats.

See what there governor is doing in ondo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ODGhAVIhuE
Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by originalomobaba: 1:22pm On Sep 27, 2020
Kogi State needs you to govern them for a year
Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by danilmo: 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
sreamsense:

That's engineering genes working in him, engineers are always creative and come out with solution where there is none; they blend fast to any area you put them in life. Aregbesola did wonders with Osun, Umahi, Kure of Niger then, Seyi Makinde of Oyo are just few

But what is seyi makinde doing in OYO
Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by ODJ124(m): 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2020
Agugbadin:

Even when all other tribes in Nigeria recommends him, his fellow Igbos will fight him like they did to former senate presidents from Igbo land. Especially ndi Anambra.

what's the cause of this lack of unity self..
Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by Donniest22(m): 1:45pm On Sep 27, 2020
Please Ebonyi state deserves more than a hospital and school,
But y will you evacuate your subjects from their ancestral homes just to build flyovers and airport,

Sometimes,weed is really in control of his mind but anyways he is a half bread
Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by danilmo: 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2020
fujirice:
Nna, I got to Ezzangbo junction leading to my village and I couldn’t recognize it anymore. And to think that I was there just before the lockdown is truly amazing. A gigantic flyover bridge is standing there now. Another one is springing up fast at Nkalagu junction.
I am really proud to be from this state.
It’s sad that people living in the state are not happy with him. They prefer he brings the money to be squandered than use it to do projects that will benefit everyone.
Well done Engr Dave, well done.

Same thing they are crucifying Aketi for...
Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by eedimo(m): 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2020
My Audio governor (Ayade) should come and see why we elected him. God bless Umahi
Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by Indispensable85(m): 2:05pm On Sep 27, 2020
This man is making me feel our governor, Obaseki is a failure. Where is he getting money from? He's a presidential material. The political parties will never see this man to project in 2023 ,they'll be talking about giving ticket to proven criminals.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by BIGGESThead6: 2:07pm On Sep 27, 2020
Kingsam20:
North didn't make him governor, the region that made him governor was eastern region precisely from Anambra state and name is Athor 1000 or Athor Eze n' ugbo. Stop crediting everything to north.

Arthur Eze and all wealthy men in Anambra are IGALA. Anambra is an Igala State.

Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by OVB123: 2:12pm On Sep 27, 2020
Favourchris:

I take god beg u, don't add aregbesola to the list, that guy left that state in abject poverty, things are so bad that thy can't even employ teachers for their schools, they are even begging N-power benefactors not to go.

They can't even pay salary to their civil servants, ... Like seriously, osun is suffering and its no joke, forget politics, there is nothing to going on in that state, am not just saying what I read or told, I saw it and I am still seeing what is going on here

For makinde, he is yet to prove him self, his staff in his oil company in PH, he is still holding them salary for months, I wonder what he is waiting to pay them,
Please! tell them d truth.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by mannyiyke: 2:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
StatKing:
..., one wonders what past 1999 to 2015 governors did cos Umahi's 5 years stewardship far outweighs previous 16 years leadership of Sam Egwu and Elechi

I disagree with you on that. Sam Egwu was good in the area of human capital development. Egwu gave Ebonyi State a face-lift by developing the education sector. Under the Hipact scholarship programme he instituted, he was able to sponsor Ebonyians to do their master's and PhD abroad. So many of them are now in the federal civil service, state civil service, private sector as employees and employers of labour and even in the military and paramilitary.

The school fees of medical and law students of Ebonyi State origin were paid by Egwu throughout his tenure, and when he left office, Elechi stopped it. Those students lamented when Elechi stopped it, because most of them were indigent students.

He employed a lot of Ebonyians into the civil service, and ensured that they were paid promptly, without slashing their salaries or pensions for retirees.

Moreover, trading boomed since he didn't overtax the businesses.

Despite the meagre federal allocations accruing to Ebonyi State then, he was able to pay the workers of the state-owned teaching hospital and also improved it, by erecting more buildings and also purchased more equipment.

Under Egwu, medicine was fully accredited, and residency programme kicked off. It never lost accreditation until he left office.

Being a former senior lecturer and head of department, he attracted the best lecturers from the federal universities as well as foreign lecturers, particularly in the areas of medicine to the university and the teaching hospital. It's regrettable that Elechi gave the teaching hospital to the federal government. That's the genesis of his strained relationship with Egwu.

Before Egwu, the university was just a university college. That means that it was still part of Enugu State University, and a rector was then in charge of it in Abakaliki. That rector was the deputy vice chancellor of Enugu State University (ESUT). Egwu upgraded it to a full fledged university, and the rector (Prof. Fidelis Ogah) became the vice chancellor.

In the areas of primary and secondary school education, he gave free education. I was in SS3 then. He paid for our WAEC, NECO and NABTEB. I benefitted from the three exams despite that I'm an indigene of Anambra State.

He built roads and improved agriculture too.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by fabolouz1(m): 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
The best Governor of his Set. Imagine if he receives the huge allocation accruing to Lagos and some si called Niger - delta States.
He will make a good President .
Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by benjanny(m): 3:18pm On Sep 27, 2020
Each time I see the type of big projects Umahi always embark on,I ask myself if this man is receiving a foreign aid for such projects.
David Umahi is a blessing to the people of Ebonyi state.

He has done better than most states whose monthly allocation is bigger than that of Ebonyi state

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by dominic17: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2020
What can we do to give this man third term? He deserves it.
Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by achierosion(m): 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
godforus:
Pa Ngele Oruta Stadium along Old Enugu Road and opposite APC Secretariat? Or are you talking of another stadium?

Do you have pictures of the military hospital?

don't have pic yet but work is in progress opposite the new Olympic stadium.

PA Ngele Oruta stadium is the formal Abakaliki township stadium.
Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by Dmanlex(m): 11:55pm On Sep 27, 2020
StatKing:
Umahi is unarguably one of the best performing governors we have. How he transformed that state is still so unbelievable, one wonders what past 1999 to 2015 governors did cos Umahi's 5 years stewardship far outweighs previous 16 years leadership of Sam Egwu and Elechi
thats truth including Abia governors
Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by flyingpig: 7:12am On Sep 28, 2020
achierosion:
don't have pic yet but work is in progress opposite the new Olympic stadium.

PA Ngele Oruta stadium is the formal Abakaliki township stadium.
Wow interesting. Where is the Olympic stadium located
Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by achierosion(m): 8:30am On Sep 28, 2020
flyingpig:
Wow interesting. Where is the Olympic stadium located
Near Ochudo city or new govt complex.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by catherine1998: 7:52pm On Sep 28, 2020
Kingsam20:
North didn't make him governor, the region that made him governor was eastern region precisely from Anambra state and name is Athor 1000 or Athor Eze n' ugbo. Stop crediting everything to north.
Point of correction sir, I like the fact that you corrected the post of North making him a Governor, but Arthor Eze did not make him a Governor as well, see God Almighty made him the Governor through we the Great Ebonyi people, if in any case that Arthor Eze assisted him with some financial power that does mean he made him a Governor, this man struggled on his own even when the then sitting Governor did not want him yet he persisted and we voted for him, so please no body made him a Governor not Arthor Eze or any body,

1 Like

Re: Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State University College Of Medicine (Photos) by Anthonybanderas: 6:16am On Jul 10, 2021
I see a lot of praises for my Governor, Engr. Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State & quite rightly so - he is doing well in infrastructure. I commend him.

But are you aware that in Ebonyi State civil servants have not had promotion since Gov Umahi came into office in 2015. Civil servants have been on half salary since then.

Most of the contracts for all the infrastructure development we commend him for are awarded to his companies & that of family members.

Even the salaries of Ebonyi state university (EBSU) members of staff has been slashed.

Now i don't get why an Elected official would use the resources of a state he governs to build an institution & then name it after himself.
IT IS COMPLETELY UNETHICAL & CORRUPT. THIS MENTALITY NEEDS TO BE DONE AWAY WITH.

I am from Ebonyi State so I know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SUG Kogi University Blocks Roads Linking East To North / 78 Private Universities Ready To Resume - Nwajiuba, Education Minister Of State / How To Find The Square Root Of ANY Number Instantly In 3 Secs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.