Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment (31435 Views)

Evans Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment For Kidnapping / Corper Doctor Emmanuel Assaulted By Airforce Officers In Lagos / Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by saphiere(f): 10:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
Court Martial sentences 4 airforce officers to 21 years Imprisonment & Reduction in Ranks over misappropriation of N41m.

A General Court Martial convened by the Nigerian Airforce to try four Airforce personnel including one Flight Lieutenant, one Flying Officer, one Master Warrant Officer, has found all the officers guilty of misappropriating the sum of #41million and sentenced them to 21 years imprisonment while the most senior officer, a Flight Lieutenant will lose 6 months seniority. Director of NAF Public Relations and Information, Air Commodore Ibikunle who made this known in a statement, disclosed that the officers misappropriated the money belonging to personnel of Multipurpose Cooperative Society at Nigerian Airforce Base, Makurdi.

Daramola said, “Four executive members of the 151 Base Services Group (151 BSG) Multipurpose Cooperative Society, Makurdi, who were standing trial before a General Court Martial (GCM), sitting at the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Base, Makurdi for criminal misappropriation of over N41,000,000.00, were, on 24 September 2020, awarded various sentences. “The 4 NAF personnel, who were arraigned before the GCM for Misappropriation of Cooperative Funds, amongst other offences, include Flight Lieutenant (Flt Lt) Sherifi Olawoore, Flying Officer (Fg Offr) Ademola Adekoya, Master Warrant Officer (MWO) Michael Oyebanji and Warrant Officer (WO) Paul Atteh. “The personnel were sentenced based on their levels of involvement. “Delivering his judgement, the President of the GCM, Air Commodore Nazib Aliyu, pronounced the 4 accused personnel guilty of various charges. “Flt Lt Olawoore was tried for negligently performing his duty as the President of the Cooperative, found guilty and awarded 6 months loss of seniority.

“In the same vein, Fkying Officer Adekoya was tried for negligently performing his duty as Secretary of the Cooperative. “He was found guilty and awarded one year loss of seniority. “MWO Michael Oyebanji, who was the Vice President of the Cooperative, was tried on a 46 count charge, including; Criminal Breach of Trust, Theft, Criminal Conspiracy, Criminal Misappropriation, Making of False Documents and Conduct to the Prejudice of Service Discipline, contrary to Sections 114 and 103 (d) of the Armed Forces Act Cap A20 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 and Sections 312, 287, 96 and 309 of the Penal Code Cap P3 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004. “He was found guilty on all 46 counts and subsequently sentenced to serve 21 years imprisonment, cumulatively, as well as reduction in rank to Corporal and ordered to refund all monies misappropriated. “In the same vein, WO Paul Atteh, who was tried for negligently performing his duty as the Treasurer of the Cooperative as well as for the making of False Documents and Criminal Breach of Trust, was found guilty of all 3 charges. “He was awarded reduction in rank from WO to Sergeant, in the first instance, and then eventually reduced to the rank of Corporal. “He is also required to pay a fine of N1,000,000.00. “Meanwhile, the GCM has ordered the release of WO Atteh from detention. “While pleading in mitigation, the Defence Counsel urged the Court to show leniency, describing the Accused Persons as first-time offenders. “The sentences were announced as being subject to confirmation by the Appropriate Superior Authority. “However, it is within the rights of the Accused Personnel to appeal the judgment of the GCM, if they are dissatisfied.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/court-martial-sentences-4-airforce-officers-to-21-years-imprisonment-reduction-in-ranks-over-misappropriation-of-n41m/

4 Likes

Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by nBag(m): 10:11pm On Sep 26, 2020
the one wey Dey touch me be say no one gets court marshalled and come out vindicated. smh

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by longetivity(m): 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2020
congrats to them

10 Likes

Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by Makito015(m): 10:27pm On Sep 26, 2020
Why not do the right thing so as to avoid shame and disgrace

3 Likes

Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:28pm On Sep 26, 2020
nBag:
the one wey Dey touch me be say no one gets court marshalled and come out vindicated. smh
Obviously, you have no idea of what a Court Martial is? In a Court Martial, the accused get fair hearing and is represented by a lawyer.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by tobechi74: 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
AArmy.. navy,airforce. Kill for national safety

The image of a foetus

stabbing a helpless woman

keep playing on my head.

It was all my fault.

If not for me

She would be alive today

A choice had to be made

My life or hers

I lived she did not.

I took her life.

She gave me mine

If superstition were true

The circumstances surrounding ones birth

Gives a clue of his mission.

I took a life the day I was born

She died during child birth

Each time my birthday draws near

My soul is filled with guilt

Reminds me of my life purpose

I am born to kill

https://tobechispeaks./2020/09/10/born-to-kill/

6 Likes

Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by slivertongue: 11:31pm On Sep 26, 2020
Air thieves and flying thieves

6 Likes

Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by vanida6: 11:39pm On Sep 26, 2020
Eww 21years imprisonment shocked

people's wey dey thief billion's nd trillion's nkor sad

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by ZooOga: 1:09am On Sep 27, 2020
this is very good news, military looting convictions should happen more often! wink
Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by gbowoade85142: 1:10am On Sep 27, 2020
airspace burglars and flying burglars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by Nobody: 1:11am On Sep 27, 2020
Buhari's war against corruption is reverberating across all corners of Nigeria. From the executive (military and paramilitary inclusive) to the judiciary; From the legislature to the electorates. No more sacred cow...

Nigeria will be great again. When the dust settles...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by nBag(m): 4:35am On Sep 27, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
Obviously, you have no idea of what a Court Martial is? In a Court Martial, the accused get fair hearing and is represented by a lawyer.

keep telling that to yourself. it's good for you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:47am On Sep 27, 2020
SilverNorGold:
Buhari's war against corruption is reverberating across all corners of Nigeria. From the executive (military and paramilitary inclusive) to the judiciary; From the legislature to the electorates. No more sacred cow...

Nigeria will be great again. When the dust settles...
Amen.
God bless you.

THIS IS THE CHANGE WE VOTED FOR.

Stealing is now CORRUPTION in our country.
Thousands of cases like this was swept under the carpet in the 16 years of looting, thieving and failure in our nation.

God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari.

God bless Nigeria.

Slow and steady we will get to a land flowing with milk and honey.

pickatyou2:
They never listen. There is no short and easy money. If you get caught up can you face the risk
GBAMSOLUTELY!!

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 27, 2020
post=94355024:

Amen.
God bless you.

And you too, boss... Nigeria must be great again. smiley

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:48am On Sep 27, 2020
SilverNorGold:
And you too, boss... Nigeria must be great again. smiley
Amen, in our lifetime.

kayjay69:
How will nigeria be great again in our lifetime?
Excuse us Mr man,
We said our lifetime, not your lifetime.
Don't get it twisted!
If you don't want your country to be great in your lifetime,
it will be great after your lifetime.
Goodluck to you with that!

criminalmindz:

Look at this ewu, which fight, major Gen Buhari is corruption himself
We cleared what we initially typed as your reply when we saw your moniker!
We understand that someone like you will only support criminals. So no surprise.

BTW,
SilverNorGold, don't bother to reply him in like manner for calling you a goat cos you said the truth, without quoting anyone..
Simply report him to the moderators and they will take it up from there, and if nothing is done,
that means there is no law stopping any members from calling other members goats!!
We were all raised by different parents you know?!

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by ignis: 9:15am On Sep 27, 2020
The military is disciplined when it comes to finances but not disciplined in fighting boko haram bandits.

If they could channel this kind of discipline in tackling boko haram, all saboteurs and sponsors of boko haram would have been exposed.

6 Likes

Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:16am On Sep 27, 2020
THIS IS THE CHANGE WE VOTED FOR.

Stealing is now CORRUPTION in our country.

Thousands of cases like this was swept under the carpet in the 16 years of looting, thieving and failure in our nation.

God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari.

God bless Nigeria.

Slow and steady we will get to a land flowing with milk and honey.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by kennyz247(m): 9:17am On Sep 27, 2020
vanity upon vanity,all na vanity oooo
wasted efforts fighting and defending this disunited country called Nigeria
Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by Farrtfact: 9:17am On Sep 27, 2020
so no to corruption,you have to work hard to earn your money.
by the way if you want to start earning money from thus online
platform check my signature,,it is 200% legit(I swear with my bald
head)..you just need to be consistent and patient.thanks
Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by ovieigho(m): 9:17am On Sep 27, 2020
I tried to glance through the names of sentencee grin and the sentencer grin

The same thing we have been seeing in our country called Nigeria....

Fulani from Niger republic, Senegals , Mali are more respected in Nigerians than the so called Nigerians from southern protectorate

I haven’t seen a Fulani man with such harsh sentence
They misappropriate too

It’s a suicide mission for a southerner to join military in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by spafu(m): 9:17am On Sep 27, 2020
Wow
Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by pickatyou2: 9:17am On Sep 27, 2020
Makito015:
Why not do the right thing so as to avoid shame and disgrace

They never listen. There is no short and easy money. If you get caught up can you face the risk

For car tracking installation check my signature
Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by gambia(m): 9:18am On Sep 27, 2020
Ok
Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by Wickedtruths: 9:18am On Sep 27, 2020
Military prisons are the worst thing that can happen to any serviceman.
Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by ForestHill: 9:18am On Sep 27, 2020
Nonetheless, Big crime pays; why imprisoned for a little loot compared to Magu's loots etc have done so far. #Injustice
Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by id4sho(m): 9:18am On Sep 27, 2020
angry
YOLOBAR

3 Likes

Re: Court Martial: 4 Airforce Officers Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment by gambia(m): 9:18am On Sep 27, 2020
Its a welcome development, but whats the update on wadume case?? I hope Captain Tijjani balarabe won't escape judgement.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo Of The 70-Year-Old Man Who Raped A 5-Year-Old Girl In Benue / Kidnappers Demand AK-47, Machine Guns As Ransom / Thief Electrocuted On PHCN Pole In Kaduna State - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.