Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,135 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity (1967 Views)

Soldiers Destroy Ateke Tom's Bedroom, Scatters It During Raid In His Palace / Shooting As Soldiers Invade Ateke Tom's Palace (PICS) / Photos Of Ateke Tom's Residence After Being Raided By Military Men In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by Asphericnews: 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
The Honourable Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has lamented the rising spate of insecurity and political intimidation in Rivers State. The Minister who is a former Governor of the State, voiced his concern at the funeral service of late Justice Adolphus Godwin Karibi-Whyte.
Amaechi said: "You have lost your voice. The sage has gone under and nobody is speaking. When I was Governor, I gave people voices, but they have blocked those voices.
"I was happy with the sermon, the Bishop indicted us. If you are a Governor, have you governed well? If you are a politician, have you carried your people along?"
"Everyone is scared. We are going back to when Ateke held sway. We are going back to the period where we run away from our people. We are back to a period when nobody can speak. But from next year, I will begin to speak, if nobody wants to speak."
While giving tribute to the late Justice, Amaechi said, "We are all here because we need to bury a man God has blessed. I have stopped travelling because of bad weather, but I told myself I must be at here because of Justice Whyte.
"If you knew Justice vey well, you will know I was close to him. I was one of the few people he mentored. He taught me that character was essential to life. I was a Governor at 42, and he told me, even in my 40s, I was the oldest person in Rivers State and that I must behave like a father to all"

The late Justice Karibi-Whyte, was born in 1932 in the present day Akuku-Toru Local Government area of Rivers State. He attended the University of Hull in East Yorshire, England in 1957 and the University College of the University of London in 1962, for the Master of Law (LLM) degree. Before his appointment as judge of the FederalRevenue Court on June 12, 1976, Justice Karibi-Whyte was an Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Lagos and Acting Solicitor-General, Ministry of Justice, Rivers STate.
Justice Karibi-Whyte CFR became justice of the Federal Court of Appeal in 1980, Justice of the supreme Court in 1984, and Judge of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, at Hague, Netherlands in 1993.

https://asphericnews.com/2020/09/26/we-are-back-to-the-days-of-ateke-amaechi-decries-rivers-insecurity/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by Asphericnews: 10:50pm On Sep 26, 2020
See how Amaechi paid tribute to Late Justice Kabiri- Whyte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XI9VEyDNv4

Read also: Justice Karibi Whyte was incorruptible – Amaechi

https://asphericnews.com/2020/09/27/justice-karibi-whyte-was-incorruptible-amaechi/

Warri- Itakpe Railway: Agbor Station was a thick forest- Amaechi’s aide
https://asphericnews.com/2020/09/27/warri-itakpe-railway-agbor-station-was-a-thick-forest-amaechis-aide/
Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 26, 2020
noted
Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by Goldp5988(f): 10:55pm On Sep 26, 2020
Amaechi
Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by SLAP44: 10:57pm On Sep 26, 2020
This one that carried Rivers money to sponsor Buharri.

And using Niger Delta money to build railway line to Niger Republic.

Are you sure this man is not a northerner?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by Lipscomb(m): 11:00pm On Sep 26, 2020
Amechi is a serial loser. Little wonder is eyeing on presidential ticket.

That thing called wike cruise him to the extent that he couldn't secure a seat for his aides in the house of assembly

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by Lipscomb(m): 11:01pm On Sep 26, 2020
Yes he is a northerner his name is Ahmed.
SLAP44:

1 Like

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by SLAP44: 11:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
Lipscomb:
Yes he is a northerner his name is Ahmed.
No wonder.

4 Likes

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by realstars: 11:04pm On Sep 26, 2020
Ateke Boys Shall Rise Again. And They Are Boys To A Party Strong Man, Working For A Godfather, But This Day's, Boys No Get Joy.
Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by Lipscomb(m): 11:05pm On Sep 26, 2020
You know you're a f.o.o.l.
SLAP44:

No wonder.

1 Like

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by slivertongue: 11:10pm On Sep 26, 2020
ateke is also to be blamed for the insecurity in katsina.state
APC with their reverse narratives

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by criminalmindz: 11:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
Why not respect the dead, somebody will go to a burial and be making political statements and mind games. The same man that promised to sheath his sword has started threatening to start talking again. Mr Loser/careless talker go and sit down inside gutter.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by akinloye19995: 11:50pm On Sep 26, 2020
ateke is also to be blamed for the instability in katsina.state
APC with their halt stories

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by OPPPS: 12:29am On Sep 27, 2020
SLAP44:

Dundee United. When actually will you begin to make use of your sense?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by genesishouse: 4:04am On Sep 27, 2020
Why wait till next year? Do you know how many citizens will be affected by then.?
OK I now know why, he wants to wait till next year. By then his wounds would have healed?
PLEASE FEAR WIKE!!!!!!
Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by saucespecies: 4:24am On Sep 27, 2020
One state with so many war lord... It will do Nigerians more good if u can help talk to the appropriate Authorities on this issues since u are part of this current government.

Thank you.
Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by dukeprince50: 4:31am On Sep 27, 2020
k
Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by dukeprince50: 4:40am On Sep 27, 2020
SLAP44:

I was present in this Burial, Amaechi words were very inspiring.
we will miss Karibi whyte
by the way, Amaechi, u did not talk about the power issues we are having in Akuku-Toru o.
That light weh u see for that church, that fan weh blow u, all of them na generator we on o, tell the president the town u visited never see light for two months.

By d way, I just wanna ask this fool(slap44) what his problem was. Amaechi is the best gov we have ever had in rivers state. If wike was the minister for transport, he would have built fly over from River state to Aso rock

1 Like

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by tobechi74: 5:31am On Sep 27, 2020
Silent on Nigeria insecurities

2 Likes

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by SLAP44: 5:37am On Sep 27, 2020
akinloye19995:

I wonder o.

2 Likes

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by Graysons: 5:40am On Sep 27, 2020
realstars:
Ateke Boys Shall Rise Again. And They Are Boys To A Party Strong Man, Working For A Godfather, But This Day's, Boys No Get Joy.
Ateke boys willl rise from where? where will they rise from, from your house or what?

2 Likes

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by Graysons: 5:46am On Sep 27, 2020
akinloye19995:
And the funny thing is, there'nothing like ateke boys in rivers anymore.

5 Likes

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by Yebosola(m): 6:00am On Sep 27, 2020
realstars:

Una eyes go soon clear,River is always rivers of blood,same Amaechi will soon unleashed his boys on Wike's boys for relevance over his 2023 useless ambition, that from next year "I will start talking " is pregnant with devilish meaning.

2 Likes

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by Yebosola(m): 6:08am On Sep 27, 2020
SLAP44:

On another thread, someone said u deserved a serious SLAP, he is not far from the truth,so is only Niger Delta that produces oil? Even at that, basic education didn't tell u oil belongs to FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, if u are not happy go hug transformer.
Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by Allen102: 6:17am On Sep 27, 2020
Graysons:

Ateke boys willl rise from where? where will they rise from, from your house or what?
Ateke and his boys should not allow the ikwerres (Amaechi and wike) to use them cause havoc in rivers state.
Enough is enough for the wise.

5 Likes

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by ruggedtimi(m): 6:21am On Sep 27, 2020
Which one be the days of ateke. Like ateke really caused havoc in the state...Ateke was mainly causing havoc around okrika and port Harcourt old town mostly on the waterway which all happened during amaechi / odili's tenure. The man self don tire for such lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by mainkendo: 6:24am On Sep 27, 2020
Karaka shobutun.
More peace is experienced by residents of rivers in this period compare to the period the minister governor governed the state . And what is this minister saying ?
We are going back to the period of.....minister hold your peace because prosperity will continue to flourish in this state.
Shame on you for using a man's burial for political goal.
Karaka shobutun.

2 Likes

Re: 'We are Back to the days Of Ateke'- Amaechi Decries Rivers Insecurity by Graysons: 6:24am On Sep 27, 2020
Allen102:
Ateke and his boys should not allow the ikwerres (Amaechi and wike) to use them cause havoc in rivers state.
Enough is enough for the wise.
Well said man, well said.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tears, Tributes As Prophet T. B. Joshua Is Laid To Rest In Lagos [PHOTOS] / Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe / Anambra Decides: Buhari Replaces Joseph Egbunike With AIG Zaki Ahmed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.