Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa (41077 Views)

Paulo Costa: "How Adesanya Celebrated His Victory Is Disgusting, I Want Revenge" / Isreal Adesanya Beats Paulo Costa To Retain UFC Middleweight Championship / Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by stayclearofme: 2:12pm On Sep 27, 2020
Youngkasco:
He's good but brags too much... Na Yoruba guy sha.
Have you ever watched Mohammed Ali bragging?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by joseph1832(m): 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
He should take it easy. Running of his mouth isn't nice at all.
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by CheGuevara101(m): 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
stayclearofme:

Have you ever watched Mohammed Ali bragging?

Bragging is part of combat sports. You have to have a bragging type of attitude to instill fear into your opponents. Apart from bragging being part of combat, it's also good for commercial purposes. If you're good at it, then just be ready for sponsorship deals and endorsements. Isreal Adesanya has everything in a champion thus, will go far with the right management and team.

11 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by stayclearofme: 2:18pm On Sep 27, 2020
CheGuevara101:

Bragging is part of combat sports. You have to have a bragging type of attitude to instill fear into your opponents. Apart from bragging being part of combat, it's also good for commercial purposes. If you're good at it, then just be ready for sponsorship deals and endorsements. Isreal Adesanya has everything in a champion thus, will go far with the right management and team.
Yeh that is exactly where I am go because the guy said he brags too much. You are spot on... cool cool
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Maikel26(m): 2:19pm On Sep 27, 2020
Youngkasco:
must you criticize someone when acknowledging their achievements..
wake up oooo

8 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by baby124: 2:20pm On Sep 27, 2020
Yes!!!! Dancing and rejoicing. I love Isreal grin
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by newdetailsoper: 2:21pm On Sep 27, 2020
ATTENTION:

Incase you have spare time, i suggest you join these 2 survey programs inorder to earn.It is not a get rich quick program.

They are survey websites that pay for opinions in order to use it as market research for companies and there reviews online is positive.

1. first type:  tinyurrl.com

then type

/microtasksurvey1

2. the second is:

/microtasksurvey2

Note: The above links contain referal link and i will be rewarded for refering you.

Note: Read the faq after registering for more info.

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by uglodoh(f): 2:21pm On Sep 27, 2020
Youngkasco:

It is a common thing in combat/martial sports. It is to send fear to your opponent. Costa calling him skinny was not body shaming him. Costa was letting Izzy to know that Izzy was too for him. At times they brag to entertain fans and at time get endorsements.

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by maximusprime2000: 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
piper7:
This country is blessed with talents. In fact if not for tribalism and religious intolerance, Nigeria will be the America or China of Africa.
Igbos, Hausas, Yorubas, the South-South are all talented and absolutely useful in this country.
As someone commented earlier on this thread, the diversity we have for free here is what America are constantly seeking to boost and better the economy and country as a whole.
If only Nigerians can wake up and see that power lies more in the hands of people than the government, we will truly be the Giant Of Africa.

tribalist comments we see everyday on nairaland can be very frausting. I wonder how they sleep and feel comfortable with such behavior. Anyway congratulations to him. respect to other tribes.
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Moneyline(m): 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
I am proud of him
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by bobochem: 2:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
Adesanya reck havoc on the knee of costa.i was surprised the way adesanya embarrassed costa.quote author=light099 post=94364983]Congratulations to my boy Israel. It's a rare feat to maintain a clean sheet in a whole 20 UFC games. He knocked out Robert Whittaker, they thought it was a fluke; he survived Yoel Romero, they also thought it was another fluke, but now he knocked out Costa like a baby and then haters are in shock. End of discussion.
His jabs always look soft, but his opponents always touch the ground when the soft looking punches hit their bodies. I'm sure Costa and his fans are still in shock. They think it's a dream, someone please wake them up.
Racists, haters and all Costa fans, how market?
I heard Costa severally referring to him as 'skinny'. But Costa would have known who's really 'skinny' by now. Izzy made Costa look too skinny inside the Octagon.
The funny thing is, i'm yet to understand the anatomy of the knockout. I've watched it several times, although I saw a left-hand punch flying in the air, but I didn't really see it touching Costa as such. Perhaps the breeze of the punch knocked out Costa.
Same scenario happened with Whittaker, all I saw was a curvy, R2 left-hand punch lightly brushing Whittaker's jaw, next thing, Whittaker suddenly lost stamina, staggered backwards uncontrollably and fell.
Seems Izzy is starting to apply R2 to his punches.[/quote]
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by FutureFocus: 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2020
light099:
Congratulations .
that kick busted his face , weakened him + those calf kicks to his leg also

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Slimtuns(m): 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2020
Teewhy2:
I pray make Baba GOD to bless my hustle and help me to relocate my family to the abroad.
Just imagine if Isreal Adesanya (UFC Middleweight Champion), Anthony Joshua, (Boxing Heavyweight champion), Kamaru Usman (UFC welterweight Champion), Hakeem Dawodu (UFC featherweight rising star), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal) , Fikayo Tomori (chelsea) w and other great upcoming stars in different fields are born and raised in Nigeria. Most of them might have abandon their dreams and may trying to study one irrelevant course on the country or might have graduated and working in a place to just get salary that will just be only to feed them and not achieving their dreams not to talk of been successful in it.

You're making sense!!
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by CheGuevara101(m): 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
stayclearofme:

Yeh that is exactly where I am go because the guy said he brags too much. You are spot on... cool cool

That's combat sports for you. If you're good at bragging plus your skills then you'll go far just like the likes of Floyd Mayweather, Tyson Fury, Mohammed Alli and others. Its good for pay-per-view. Combat sports and most sports entirely depends on age, the younger the better. It has a lifespan, once you begin to clock 30's then your strength starts diminishing. Isreal Adesanya is still young compared to most MMA middleweight contenders in that division and with this I believe he will still be around. He needs good management team to help boost his image and kèep the dollars rolling in. If to say him be white na, with all his records, by now you for dey see how dem go dey rush am with endorsements and the rest.

5 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by newdetailsoper: 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
ATTENTION:

Incase you have spare time, i suggest you join these 2 survey programs inorder to earn.It is not a get rich quick program.

They are survey websites that pay for opinions in order to use it as market research for companies and there reviews online is positive.

1. first type:  tinyurl dot com

then type

/microtasksurvey1

2. first type:  tinyurl dot com

then type

/microtasksurvey2

Note: The above links contain referal link and i will be rewarded for refering you.

Note: Read the faq after registering for more info.
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by 36STATES: 2:37pm On Sep 27, 2020
Yoruba amaka people!

Adesanya amaka

Every great achiever amaka
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by benedictuyi(m): 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2020
light099:
You can take this to the bank - Nigeria is blessed; blessed all-round. Blessed in natural and human resources.

This part of Sub-Saharan Africa called Nigeria is highly saturated and ionized with great talents and minds.
Even more, our diversity is what made us more beautiful. Diverse tribes, climate, landscapes and cultures.
The north often seen from a derogatory perspective is blessed too, with beauty, talents and great minds. No tribe is useless in Nigeria, religion blindness and illiteracy is the problem.
Nigeria is a perfect country that unfortunately fell into the wrong hands.

Our diversity isn't the problem, rather, diversity and varieties are the spice of life. The diversity we have free of charge is what America keeps seeking, accepting people from all over the world. Diversity is a blessing and not a curse, for those who have enough sense to understand, but Africans are too shallow dark-minded to know the advantages of some things they're freely blessed with.
Religion fanaticism, illiteracy, discrimination, division, tribalism and bad leaders are the problems of this great country.
It's so sad, a country blessed so much continues to waste away and all what gullible people can do is to allow sentiment and dumb blindness in siding with their wicked leaders.
Just like Martin Luther hoped for freedom and it came, I also wish freedom will come one day.
Spot on
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by fredoooooo: 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2020
Gbayi Omo yooba atata, ti ko gbagbe orisun e cool
God bless Yoruba, God bless Nigeria and all the good people of Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by drey076(m): 2:40pm On Sep 27, 2020
Youngkasco:
Adesanya played some mind game on Costa before the fight. He wants to frustrate Costa so that Costa could bring the fight, whereas adesanya is very good at counter punches. The plan worked out for adesanya, if not the fight would have been bored like adesanya previous fight against Romero and can last up to the last round
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Donedeal1(m): 2:40pm On Sep 27, 2020
Really,we are blessed with Human resources in Nigeria no questions about that but leaders or
leadership materials grossly deficient therein.

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by faceland: 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2020
Congratulations to our champ. On the road to become one of the Legends. Never lose the original fire/passion for martial arts.

2 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by April4th(m): 2:45pm On Sep 27, 2020
light099:
Congratulations to my boy Israel. It's a rare feat to maintain a clean sheet in a whole 20 UFC games. He knocked out Robert Whittaker, they thought it was a fluke; he survived Yoel Romero, they also thought it was another fluke, but now he knocked out Costa like a baby and then haters are in shock. End of discussion.
His jabs always look soft, but his opponents always touch the ground when the soft looking punches hit their bodies. I'm sure Costa and his fans are still in shock. They think it's a dream, someone please wake them up.
Racists, haters and all Costa fans, how market?
I heard Costa severally referring to him as 'skinny'. But Costa would have known who's really 'skinny' by now. Izzy made Costa look too skinny inside the Octagon.
The funny thing is, i'm yet to understand the anatomy of the knockout. I've watched it several times, although I saw a left-hand punch flying in the air, but I didn't really see it touching Costa as such. Perhaps the breeze of the punch knocked out Costa.
Same scenario happened with Whittaker, all I saw was a curvy, R2 left-hand punch lightly brushing Whittaker's jaw, next thing, Whittaker suddenly lost stamina, staggered backwards uncontrollably and fell.
Seems Izzy is starting to apply R2 to his punches.

Na Jazz Izzy Dey use fight. Knack and fall grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Iceyjayz: 2:45pm On Sep 27, 2020
My guy
Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by lastchild: 2:47pm On Sep 27, 2020
light099:
You can take this to the bank - Nigeria is blessed; blessed all-round. Blessed in natural and human resources.

This part of Sub-Saharan Africa called Nigeria is highly saturated and ionized with great talents and minds.
Even more, our diversity is what made us more beautiful. Diverse tribes, climate, landscapes and cultures.
The north often seen from a derogatory perspective is blessed too, with beauty, talents and great minds. No tribe is useless in Nigeria, religion blindness and illiteracy is the problem.

Our diversity isn't the problem, rather, diversity and varieties are the spice of life. The diversity we have free of charge is what America keeps seeking, accepting people from all over the world. Diversity is a blessing and not a curse, for those who have enough sense to understand, but Africans are too shallow dark-minded to know the advantages of some things they're freely blessed with.
Religion fanaticism, illiteracy, discrimination, division, tribalism and bad leaders are the problems of this great country.
It's so sad, a country blessed so much continues to waste away and all what gullible people can do is to allow sentiment and dumb blindness in siding with their wicked leaders.
Just like Martin Luther hoped for freedom and it came, I also wish freedom will come one day.
I liked this post, the part that made me clicked like is when you said "America keep seeking diversity we have free of charge"

countries that have just one tribe and one language keep seeing us as blessed people for having diversity in unity, but we failed to understand

just like you said before, we fall into the wrong hands, our leaders failed us

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by philkoms: 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2020
Yorubas will say" omo oko ni ogun omo ale".So proud of you dear brother,Big congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by ORIAYO70(m): 2:57pm On Sep 27, 2020
light099:

You have spoken well

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by slex(m): 3:00pm On Sep 27, 2020
After watching 30 mins of how costa was training and preparing for this fight coupled with his body size , never gave Izzy a chance .

He has proven me wrong , e no easy 20-0-0

You just won me over IZzy.

As for that person who was asking if Muhammed Ali brags , brother got and watch his pre fight interviews or are you new to this ?

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Crispels(m): 3:02pm On Sep 27, 2020
Teewhy2:
I pray make Baba GOD to bless my hustle and help me to relocate my family to the abroad.
Just imagine if Isreal Adesanya (UFC Middleweight Champion), Anthony Joshua, (Boxing Heavyweight champion), Kamaru Usman (UFC welterweight Champion), Hakeem Dawodu (UFC featherweight rising star), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal) , Fikayo Tomori (chelsea) w and other great upcoming stars in different fields are born and raised in Nigeria. Most of them might have abandon their dreams and maybe trying to study one irrelevant course in the country or might have graduated and working in a place to just get salary that will just be only to feed them and not achieving their dreams not to talk of been successful in it.

Adesanya and Kamaru were born and raised in Nigeria tho

5 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Mintum: 3:03pm On Sep 27, 2020
Congratulations omo iya, you made it look so easy and shut that loudmouth up for good.

3 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa by Canih28: 3:03pm On Sep 27, 2020
light099:

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

* I'm so proud of our diversity but we the citizens of The Federal Republic of Nigeria see it as a major disadvantage and it makes us not to progress.

Ethnic and cultural diversity in the world's countries

Country .... Ethnic Fractionalization Index (x.oxo)
Papua New Guinea 1.000
Tanzania 0.953
DR Congo 0.933
Uganda. 0.930
Liberia 0.899
Cameroon 0.887
Togo 0.883
South Africa. 0.880
Congo. 0.878
Madagascar 0.861
Australia. 0.857
Kenya 0.852
Ghana 0.846
Malawi. 0.829
Guinea-Bissau 0.818
Somalia 0.812
India 0.811
Nigeria 0.805 **** NIGERIA ****
Yugoslavia. 0.801 (1943–1992)
Central African Republic 0.791
Ivory Coast 0.784
Lebanon 0.780
Chad 0.772
Indonesia 0.766
Mozambique 0.765
Gambia 0.764
Sierra Leone 0.764
Ethiopia 0.760
Angola 0.756
Mali 0.754
Afghanistan 0.751
Bolivia 0.743
United Arab
Emirates 0.737
Senegal 0.727
Zambia 0.726
Namibia 0.724
Soviet Union
(1922–1991) 0.711
Sudan (1955–
2011) 0.708
Kuwait 0.708
Burkina Faso 0.704
Bosnia and
Herzegovina 0.681
Kyrgyzstan 0.679
Nepal 0.677
Iran 0.669
Guinea 0.669
Kazakhstan 0.664
Colombia 0.656
Ecuador 0.655
Eritrea 0.647
Trinidad and
Tobago 0.647
Peru 0.638
Niger 0.637
Mauritius 0.632
Mauritania 0.625
Benin 0.622
Guyana 0.620
Djibouti 0.606
Bhutan 0.605
Malaysia 0.596
Canada 0.596
Latvia 0.585
Syria 0.581
Switzerland 0.575
Yugoslavia
(1918–1943) 0.575
Belgium 0.567
Fiji 0.566
Saudi Arabia 0.553
Bahrain 0.551
Iraq 0.549
Brazil 0.549
Mexico 0.542
North
Macedonia 0.535
Pakistan 0.532
Israel 0.526
Burma 0.522
Tajikistan 0.513
Estonia 0.511
Moldova 0.510
Jordan 0.509
Panama 0.507
Czechoslovakia
(1918–1992) 0.505
Spain 0.502
Chile 0.497
Guatemala 0.493
United States 0.491
Georgia 0.490
Uzbekistan 0.485
Venezuela 0.483
Laos 0.481
Morocco 0.479
Oman 0.439
Thailand 0.431
Sri Lanka 0.428
Ukraine 0.419
Nicaragua 0.402
Turkmenistan 0.392
Singapore 0.388
Dominican
Republic 0.387
Croatia 0.375
Belarus 0.372
Zimbabwe 0.366
New Zealand 0.363
Cyprus 0.359
Botswana 0.351
Lithuania 0.338
Russia 0.333
Slovakia 0.332
Burundi 0.328
United Kingdom 0.324
Czech Republic 0.322
Algeria 0.320
Romania 0.300
Turkey 0.299
Bulgaria 0.299
Swaziland 0.280
Taiwan 0.274
France 0.272
Mongolia 0.272
Lesotho 0.255
Argentina 0.255
Costa Rica 0.238
Vietnam 0.233
Slovenia 0.231
Bangladesh 0.223
Uruguay 0.218
Cuba 0.213
El Salvador 0.198
Sweden 0.189
Azerbaijan 0.188
Hungary 0.186
Cambodia 0.186
Honduras 0.185
Rwanda 0.180
Ireland 0.171
Jamaica 0.166
Egypt 0.164
Philippines 0.161
China 0.154
Libya 0.151
Gabon 0.149
Armenia 0.134
Finland 0.132
Paraguay 0.132
Denmark 0.128
Austria 0.126
Norway 0.098
Albania 0.097
Germany 0.095
Haiti 0.095
Yemen 0.078
Netherlands 0.077
Greece 0.059
Poland 0.047
Portugal 0.040
Italy 0.040
Tunisia 0.039
Japan 0.012
South Korea 0.004
North Korea 0.002 *

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player / Someone Withdrew All The Money From My Sportybet Account / Mateo, Lionel Messi’s Son Hailed After Handing Father's Golden Shoe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.