Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find (16178 Views)

NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria / Eating Just One Orange Daily Reduces People’s Chance Of Blindness By 60% / Drug Addiction Reduces Hardworking Young Man Into A Scavenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by Calabar1stSon: 12:51pm On Sep 28, 2020
Vitamin D go cost now

Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by martineverest(m): 12:51pm On Sep 28, 2020
SeriouslySense:
Also Zinc supplements with vitamin B and D, Researchers Says Zinc Supplement is good, because it is anti-inflammatory
nestle water with green cover contains zinc thi

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 28, 2020
shocked nawao
Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 28, 2020
Everything about this virus as long this country is concern is dead and buried. The americans and the europeans will be needing this VD more.
Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by SeriouslySense(m): 12:54pm On Sep 28, 2020
Solution found, hehe
martineverest:
nestle water with green cover contains zinc thi
Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by donMIG(m): 12:55pm On Sep 28, 2020
Y pay for vitamin d wen I play football every morning?
Sense wan kill me
Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by ghettokid1(m): 12:55pm On Sep 28, 2020
ThierryJay:

Olodo grin That one na vitamin A!
No be vitamin dick again
Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by OmoleJay: 1:00pm On Sep 28, 2020
grin grin
ghettokid1:
Which Vitamin D pls?
cox the only Vitamin D I know is the one boys give girls.
Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by BreconHills(m): 1:03pm On Sep 28, 2020
MikeMicheal:
Vitamin D is about to get expensive.

Anyway, if you eat a balanced diet, you dont need such supplements.

The greatest source of vitamin D is the sun. Unfortunately only daily paid workers have enough exposure to natural sunlight. Remember our melanin also acts as a blocker. Short of getting enough sunlight, build up to 4000-5000 my of Vitamin D capsules per day. Add Zinc 50mg.

I also read up that fatty fish (salmon, tuna and mackerel), mushrooms and milk also provide D. My guess is these would be quite expensive in the long run.

*Always consult your doctor before taking medication*

Modified

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by meobizy(f): 1:03pm On Sep 28, 2020
Something which works better than all these findings is a healthy lifestyle. I’m enjoying truckloads of that. No one can convince me otherwise.
Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by Angelfrost(m): 1:05pm On Sep 28, 2020
MikeMicheal:

Balanced diet is too far sef... Our early morning Sun is more than sufficient!!!

I said it before that Africans and Nigerians living in this continent will be largely spared these flu and common cold like viral complications!!!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by Angelfrost(m): 1:07pm On Sep 28, 2020
Denique:
I trust Naija Pharmacists, its price about to go up...

Modified:
Sun isn't the only source. It is sold too in pharmacies.

Now, I know why the figures in Naija is like the weather wink

The greed of the marketers is linked to the desperation of those purchasing it... This is the dangerous thing about ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by Denique(f): 1:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
Angelfrost:

The greed of the marketers is linked to the desperation of those purchasing it... This is the dangerous thing about ignorance.
True that, as you begin to see consumers buying more than they actually need. A case of greed induced inflation. Welcome to Naija!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by tweakdude1: 1:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
Vitamin Q is better. grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by ThierryJay: 1:10pm On Sep 28, 2020
ghettokid1:
No be vitamin dick again

Well, if you reason am that way, e fit make sense small cos of the rhymes.

But scientifically sha, Vitamin D na for stronger immunity, While Vitamin A na for freshness and beta eye.
Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by Denique(f): 1:10pm On Sep 28, 2020
potbelly:
The sun gives it for free...
Not just the sun. It is also sold in pharmacies as a drug/supplement.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by Edusouls(m): 1:10pm On Sep 28, 2020
So they want to tell us that almost a million people that have died from this disease worldwide don’t have enough vitamins d?, scientists always talking what they don’t know, misleading people, the fact is that natural elements here in Africa sterilised the virus to very low strength, which we are not sure how, and why but the fact remains that God is punishing westerners for their moral decay, cruelty and excesses, science has limits of things they can understand and not, covid is a complete mysterious disease..

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by Briller: 1:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
Very true. I used Vitamin D and was not totally knocked down when I was infected.
Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by SeriouslySense(m): 1:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
One healthy man was once asked the secret to health, he replied three main areas

1) Good Sleep.

2) Good Diet.

3) Minimum Stress.

meobizy:
Something which works better than all these findings is a healthy lifestyle. I’m enjoying truckloads of that. No one can convince me otherwise.
Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by modsfucker: 1:15pm On Sep 28, 2020
MikeMicheal:

Just dey enter sun every morning between 6 and 9... That's the best Vitamin D you can get.
Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by Glaswegian: 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2020
Not surprised at this.

Vitamin D has been proved to be helpful in managing viral conditions. Even without having virus, sustained critical deficiency in vitamin D can be fatal. As Vitamin D is usually received in the liver, then the kidney, sustained deficiency could even destroy the organ.

A virus infected system uses a lot of vitamin D so the Vitamin D from the sun will not be enough.

Vitamin D supplementation is advised for anyone suffering from viral diseases, not just Covid.
Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2020
MikeMicheal:

It is actually free!
Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by powerblaze(m): 1:20pm On Sep 28, 2020
And just like that, vitamins D go cost pass rice..
You gotta love demand and supply effect..
Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by favinvest: 1:21pm On Sep 28, 2020
can we see that in africa, God has blessed us with even excessive vitamin D..

Free high intensity sunlight.. grin grin grin

infact I think why CORO was less effective in African is because we are already suffering from too much vitamin D grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by ciro11(m): 1:21pm On Sep 28, 2020
ThierryJay:

Olodo grin That one na vitamin A!

All these nairaland guys una nor go kill persin oo grin
Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by SeriouslySense(m): 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2020
Are you sure it came fron God, or it was Man made, just look at the problems in Nigeria, they are artificial mostly due to ill intentions, and blocked brains.
Edusouls:
So they want to tell us that almost a million people that have died from this disease worldwide don’t have enough vitamins d?, scientists always talking what they don’t know, misleading people, the fact is that natural elements here in Africa sterilised the virus to very low strength, which we are not sure how, and why but the fact remains that God is punishing westerners for their moral decay, cruelty and excesses, science has limits of things they can understand and not, covid is a complete mysterious disease..

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by blowjohn(m): 1:26pm On Sep 28, 2020
CNN will come out and say that one bastard Harvard professor who is gay like most of the CNN crew says otherwise!
Then they will twist it around and blame it in trump
Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by SeriouslySense(m): 1:28pm On Sep 28, 2020
What about your country, you should be more worried for it, let me refresh on it a little bit
Edusouls:

Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by ciro11(m): 1:28pm On Sep 28, 2020
SeriouslySense:
Are you sure it came fron God, or it was Man made, just look at the problems in Nigeria, they are artificial mostly due to ill intentions, and blocked brains.

Yap, i agree with you, most problems that Nigerians and the world as a whole are experiencing are mostly caused by man due to his greed, impatience and wickedness

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find by Pavillon: 1:30pm On Sep 28, 2020
igbarasdynasty:
Hope we get a lasting cure.... The world is yet normal... cry

The world is already normal, it's just Africa that is not ready to act normal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19: BUA Group Donates 5 Ambulances, 20 Hilux Vehicles To Kano / FG Releases ₦6.45 Billion For New Oxygen Plants In 38 Locations Nationwide / Lassa Fever Kills Two In Asaba FMC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.