Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. (37071 Views)

Help: My Girlfriend Is Suffering From Post Traumatic Stress Disorder / A Shocked Uniport Student Suffered An Epileptic Fit As Her Friend Fainted / I Am Epileptic Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by PeaceIlya: 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2020
No more or less than marrying a girl without epilepsy. Love her the same and be flexible. If her seizures are under control, you may never even witness her have one. Medical emergencies happen to even the healthiest of individuals and marriage is “in sickness and in health.”

What you can do, is be prepared to remain calm if she does have a seizure. Depending on the severity of the seizure or her treatment plan, you may have to take her to the emergency room and sit for hours on end while it seems like nothing is happening. As someone with Crohn’s disease and epilepsy, this is something my aunt husband has had to learn how to cope with. It can be very frustrating to watch the love of your life feel vulnerable. All you can do is be patient.

Keep a list of her medicines, allergies, and conditions on hand in case of emergencies. This is important for ANYONE and helps medical providers make decisions as quickly as possible.

In the case of having a seizure, it is illegal and irresponsible to drive until cleared by a physician. Each state has its own regulations. In Tennessee, I had to wait 6 months to drive again. In Indiana, the waiting period is only 3 months. That may mean you spend more time carpooling, but that’s just more time to be together!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by bdchange(m): 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2020
Ask her about the foundation of the problem. When was the first time she experienced it? What has her family members done towards helping her? Then you can start from there which is taking her to the hospital.

13 Likes

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Missmossy(f): 1:52pm On Sep 28, 2020
You should move this to health section for better medical advise.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Chef2000: 1:57pm On Sep 28, 2020
Rocktation Farano Lalasticlala front page
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2020
Evolutionlove:

Lol Na Warapa you wan dey Insinuate say dey do OP Girl abi lol.....

epilepsy and warapa no be same?

4 Likes

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 2:04pm On Sep 28, 2020
Chef2000:
No.
it's definitely neuro issues..
she should get it checked quickly..go hospital and complain.
general hospital

5 Likes

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 28, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

epilepsy and warapa no be same?

It's the same but Varies In Symptoms and Occurrence. I think the one OP babe Is experiencing Isn't that extreme except If OP dey lie lol. Extreme epilepsy symptoms Is what you described up there earlier. It killed one of my distant Cousin, He was always having extreme wounds all over his body due to the effect of the epilepsy, There Is another guy In my area who falls Into this Category but fortunately he Is still alive but In Shabby Condition......

1 Like

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by chinchonglee(m): 2:24pm On Sep 28, 2020
No advice!

I wouldn't and can never stay with any girl with medical issues.
Reason being that they can never be with you if reverse was the case. They will jump to the next available guy.

@OP be wise.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2020
Evolutionlove:

It's the same but Varies In Symptoms and Occurrence. I think the one OP babe Is experiencing Isn't that extreme except If OP dey lie lol. Extreme epilepsy symptoms Is what you described up there earlier. It killed one of my distant Cousin, He was always having extreme wounds all over his body due to the effect of the epilepsy, There Is another guy In my area who falls Into this Category but fortunately he Is still alive but In Shabby Condition......

you are missing a point..

only happens when the gal wants to sleep...

it's neuro issue

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2020
chinchonglee:
No advice!

Reason being that they can never be with you if reverse was the case. They will jump to the next available guy.

@OP be wise.

because you are always rolling with nonsense gals does not mean we don't have nice ex gfs

18 Likes

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

you are missing a point..

only happens when the gal wants to sleep...

it's neuro issue

A seizure is a single occurrence, whereas epilepsy is a neurological condition characterized by two or more unprovoked seizures.

4 Likes

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2020
chinchonglee:
No advice!

@OP be wise.

Hmmmm God forgive me. Even me too I can't. Let everyone bear his/her Cross. May All the Sick be Healed Amen. I come In peace, I give thanks to Almighty God for everything!!!.....

1 Like

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by ednut1(m): 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2020
Stop inviting her over bikonu. Akoba adaba things

4 Likes

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by sylarada(f): 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2020
Doctors in the house
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by seanwilliam(m): 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2020
Jafar1:
Visit a doctor...
Its far better than seeking a help here on nairaland..
are there not qualified doctors on nairaland,?
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by GuestLog: 2:40pm On Sep 28, 2020
Chef2000:

Hmmmmmn what if you contact the sickness?
Don't be silly. Epilepsy is not transmittable

17 Likes

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Royalfurnitures: 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2020
Bro that might just be your own cross if you really love her cos I don't think epilepsy has cure

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you

1 Like

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by KazOlufemi: 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2020
OP if you truly love her do the ff...if someone puts it on her she can be cured, ask elders you can trust . Curing her is free.
If no one puts in on her there are drugs to suppress it, visit hospital and see Physicians on that expertises.
Pray n don’t stop praying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by sonofthunder: 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2020
Chef2000:
Please doctors in the house is there a cure for nocturnal epilepsy?

I have a pretty girl, we started dating 8 months ago, this girl is everything I need in a woman, she is neat, cooks well and humble, so perfect to my taste but she is epileptic.

I have been inviting her to my house for over 5months for her to sleep over in my apartment but she keeps refusing, telling me she has a problem then I later promised her whatever the problem is that I wouldn't abadon her.

She finally came on friday, we ate together and later in the night at 22:38 she started having epilepsy and after about 45mins she woke up and started crying, she told me she has been suffering from epilepsy since Feb 2019 but she hasn't been to the hospital due to financial issues.

So please can we find drug for nocturnal epilepsy, it happens to her only at night like 30 to 35mins in her sleep.

Girlfriend Sleeping over? You already fornicating? Be ready to bear the consequences of whatever comes your way.

Let her see a doctor. They have drugs to help with the situation.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Karleb(m): 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2020
What about her parents?
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2020
Chef2000:

Hmmmmmn what if you contact the sickness?

Something must kill a man
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Bsideboi(m): 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2020
bobokeshington:
I WON'T SAY YOU SHOULDN'T HELP YOUR GIRL BUT PLEASE DON'T GO AND CROSS EXPRESS FOR SOMEONE THAT WON'T CROSS GUTTER FOR YOU O
stfu ! Do you help people because of what they can do for you?

12 Likes

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Perhaps2020: 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2020
Bonatheripper:
Bring her to my room let me give her Some PeniScline

She's be alright after 7 days

Jesuuuuuu apostle will hear afeez grin
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by chukwuibuipob: 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2020
sad Healing are the children bread.Restoration to her in Jesus name

7 Likes

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Princessbettyj(f): 2:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
Evolutionlove:

Lol Na Warapa you wan dey Insinuate say dey do OP Girl abi lol.....

Chai!!!!! Heaven is Far from you lmao angry grin grin grin
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by stevone(m): 2:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
go and buy PHENOBARBITONE u can as well call it PHENOBARB. 1 in the morning 1 in the evening. and is a continuous drug that the person will be taken. no side effect. I know someone that has been taken it more than 5years. So, after 1 to 2 years the Person can go to hospital for check up, maybe the epilepsy has stop finally or if his to continue with it.
the Cup of the drup is Around 7, 8, or 9,000 depends on ur location. and is 1000 pieces inside. so if you buy 1 cup it will take the person 1 year 4 Month.
another problem is that, the drug is a control drug. definitely, the pharmacist Will request or ask for doctors prescription.
if there is other information u need u can ask me.
May God see us tru.

26 Likes

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Princessbettyj(f): 2:45pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I dunno what to say but may God heal her,its somehow tho
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by mattmogan88: 2:45pm On Sep 28, 2020
SHAKING MY HEAD
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by fergie001: 2:46pm On Sep 28, 2020
Chef2000:

She said she can stay awake to 2am and nothing would happen but immediately she sleeps that is when the seizure will come
Had that problem with my room-mate in school.
Also happens whenever he wakes up, there is a drug he was placed on when we rushed him to the hospital one midnight.

It is called carbamezapine (or usually tegretol).
There is a dosage and it helps control it.

But get a doctor nonetheless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by craves(m): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2020
IDon't believe the story. She can not just visit and just have attack. People with nucturnal epilepsy so Don't have ssessions every day. Sometimes its once in 3 or 4 months.

Ideally an epileptic lady who wants to visit boyfriend would go few days after a session knowing that a next session will not come soon

Your girl may be epileptic no doubt. But this your story is not true

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Adrian9(m): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2020
It won't be easy o. But true love conquers all things.
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by PattyMike(m): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2020
Don't let her give you H.ead o, make NEPA no go take her light with ur Dvck in her mouth. grin
You guys would be fine.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? - / What You Don't Know About Dominique, The Popular "Meme" / 80's And 90's Kids: Which Of These Did You Battle With, As A Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.