Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,452 members, 7,836,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

INEC Demonstrated The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) In Abuja Today - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Demonstrated The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) In Abuja Today (37780 Views)

Kaduna State Held LG Polls In 2018 And In 2021 Using Electronic Voting Machines / More Problems For Biden As Whistle Blower Reveals How Voting Machines Were Rigge / Peter Obi Escapes Death As APC And PDP Clash In Abuja Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Demonstrated The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) In Abuja Today by AlphaT1(m): 7:31am On Sep 29, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Good to know your heart is with Nigeria.

Regarding your point regarding Buhari's refusal of signing the Electoral (Amendment) Bill, if you aren't a hater of Buhari, as you claimed, you would have read his reasons for declining. According to the President, one of the reasons he declined was that he was

This is just one of the reasons, which is logical. It just wouldn't make sense to sign a bill few months into the election.

These are facts. I will never resort to lying. The truth is available for all to see, provided you are not being sentimental.

And finally, regarding your positive experience in the South East during your service. I am not surprised as the Igbos are one of the loveliest tribes in Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria.
Yes, I read his reasons. My worry is this is almost 2years after the 2019 polls, and he is yet to sign it. This sure raises concern about the sincerity of those reasons. Is he going to delay till close to next election and give same reasons?
No body hates Buhari or any other leader, citizens have the right to demand for good governance and sometimes this is seen as hatred. Why will they love Yar Adua and hate Buhari?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Demonstrated The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) In Abuja Today by jumper524(m): 7:31am On Sep 29, 2020
donbachi:
We go soon hear sey..the fire where these machines dey.don catch fire...dis machine is their common enemy.
learn to be positive attimes.
if you continue with this attitude, even when the real good comes, it'll most like pass.

1 Like

Re: INEC Demonstrated The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) In Abuja Today by rolams(m): 7:35am On Sep 29, 2020
When they realized Buhari can not loss election again and the chairman wants to redeem his image. This is what he should have done before 2019. Anyway, it's a good move. Just make it a reality on time and let your name be written in gold!
Re: INEC Demonstrated The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) In Abuja Today by sukar886: 9:00am On Sep 29, 2020
I think we should be voting the way we vote for big brother naija, that's the only solution... once you for once, u wont vote again
Re: INEC Demonstrated The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) In Abuja Today by Solexgzy(m): 11:30am On Sep 29, 2020
BluntNigerian:
BRIEF REMARKS BY THE HONOURABLE CHAIRMAN, INDEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISSION, PROFESSOR MAHMOOD YAKUBU, AT THE DEMONSTRATION OF ELECTRONIC VOTING MACHINES (EVMs) AT THE CONFERENCE ROOM, INEC HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA, ON MONDAY 28TH SEPTEMBER 2020

1.​ I welcome you all to this occasion which is another giant step in the Commission’s continuous effort to deepen electoral integrity in Nigeria through the deployment of technology. Over the years, the Commission has been automating the critical pillars of the process. The biometric register of voters has been updated continuously. At the moment, the INEC register of voters is the largest data base of citizens in Nigeria. In addition, the combination of biometric voters’ cards commonly known as the Permanent Voter’s Card (PVC) and the Smart Card Reader (SCR) have revolutionised the accreditation of voters during elections. More recently, the introduction of a number of portals has facilitated the seamless nomination of candidates for elective offices by political parties as well as the accreditation of observers and the media. Most significantly, the Commission now uploads polling unit level results in real-time on Election Day to a portal for public view. These are significant innovations that have deepened the transparency and credibility of elections and the electoral process in Nigeria.

2.​ Today, the Commission is taking yet another decisive step towards the full automation of the electoral process. For some time now, the Commission has been working on the deployment of technology in voting during elections to replace the current manual system which is tedious and requires enormous logistics to deliver huge quantities of printed materials and a large number of ad hoc staff to administer the process. To this end, the Commission developed the specifications of the functions required of the machine. After extensive discussion and review, the Commission took the decision to invite original manufacturers of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) around the world for a virtual or practical demonstration of the machines.

3.​ Over 40 companies that indicated interest will demonstrate to the Commission how their IT solutions meet our specifications. I wish to emphasise that this is only a demonstration that will enable the Commission to evaluate the available technology and where necessary finetune our specifications before proceeding to the next stage which will involve the participation of stakeholders. Details of the next steps will be given at the end of the demonstrations.

4.​ The Commission is aware that Nigerians want us to deepen the use of technology in elections. Let me reassure Nigerians that the Commission is committed to expediting the process leading to the deployment of EVMs in elections in earnest.

5.​ I thank you for your attention.

SOURCE:
INEC NIGERIA
good step forward

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Demonstrated The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) In Abuja Today by Solexgzy(m): 11:36am On Sep 29, 2020
[quote author=GreatResearcher post=94414922][/quote]OK please can you explain to me why rain is seasonal
Re: INEC Demonstrated The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) In Abuja Today by Stanchem029: 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
medicalcare:
please forgive me, if I can help myself I won't be begging I've been looking for help on nairaland please My name Anthony am 28 years old from Edem in nsukka local government area Enugu. I have been suffering from paraplegic spinal cord injury for the past 12 years now, I only able to survive only because my ageing mother look after me but life is too very hard for us. My mother is diabetic my hand are partially affected and I have severe UTI infection due to unable to change catheter we find it hard to feed or buy healthcare. Please am appealing to well meaning Nigerian to help have mercy please help us, nothing is too small and to any NGO that can accept my condition please. Almighty God bless you. More detail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGMTSxFlkqA

Anthony M Okeke is a fraudster
21thief60082
Onye ori. Ole barawo banza.
Weldon thief.
Re: INEC Demonstrated The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) In Abuja Today by Perfectbeing(m): 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2020
[quote author=GreatResearcher post=94414922][/quote]
Nice. So tell us, did the big bang happen?
Re: INEC Demonstrated The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) In Abuja Today by Perfectbeing(m): 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2020
[quote author=GreatResearcher post=94414922][/quote] Nice. So tell us, did the big bang happen?
Re: INEC Demonstrated The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) In Abuja Today by samwillyco1(m): 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
Waiting for the President to okay electronic voting
Re: INEC Demonstrated The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) In Abuja Today by mosesbola(f): 8:43pm On Sep 29, 2020
Believe me bro grin

adelaja70:

THE WAY YOU DEY FIND LETTER G... YOU GO SOON DISCOVER WHERE GARDEN OF EDEN DEY O!
Re: INEC Demonstrated The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) In Abuja Today by jrusky(m): 9:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
keneck1:
boy you frustrate well well,take it easy oh

You think you are funny bah?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'It Is Over For Magu, Buhari Can Not Send His Name To Senate Again': Dino Melaye / Falana: Zulum’s Reward Of Obiageli Mazi Indictment On Divisive Politicians / Haruna Tambuwal Is Dead! Aminu Tambuwal's Father Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.