Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky (83510 Views)

Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) / Meet Nigeria's First Cross Dresser In Imo State Named ''area Scatter'' / Meet Bob Actor 'Calypso King' Singer Who Dressed As A Woman Even Before Bobrisky (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by EMMY76: 3:45pm On Sep 29, 2020
This guy is no homosexual or transenger like brosbrisky he is even glorifying God with his songs.
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Pharaoh01(m): 3:49pm On Sep 29, 2020
Denrele actually started all ds before Bob risky.. Only few people know ds
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by olancho: 3:49pm On Sep 29, 2020
Area scatter was an entertainer that features at Ukonu's club on NTA channel 6 Owerri/Aba in the 80s.
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by austinvsb: 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
you were referring to the Bible and was making a basic or should I say fundamental error most gays make by talking about the love of God instead of focusing on the truth therein. The Bible would NEVER support homosexuality in any way possible because God HIMSELF does not.

Perhaps learn to read and comprehend before attacking with that extremist mindset you got going young man. No one here is claiming that God loves or support homosexuality. If I recall correctly, that was the sin of the city of Sodom and Gomorrah and why God punished them.

What I and most open minded persons are saying is, you have no power to play God's role in judging, condemning or punishing homosexuals. Leave God to pass judgement or punishment as he wishes to this sinners. Trying otherwise is literally saying your God is a powerless one that relies on your help and when you start thinking along this line, you are already turning to a christian jihadist.

3 Likes

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by austinvsb: 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2020
uche393:

igbo tradition don't take such Its is a Taboo , the "area scatter" might be seen as a Clown during his time. Igbo tradition doesn't support homosexuality

Support is a strong word to use here. You might not support but still be indifferent towards practices of others. Lack of acceptance of others is what the extremists in Christianity and Islam brought to Africa is what the OP is trying to say and I agree with him unless you have evidence to prove otherwise

3 Likes

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by SAMAJ: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2020
This cant be the first cross dresser in Nigeria. I remember Funmilayo Ranco in Ilesa Osun State. A woman who always dressed like a man in early 60s.

2 Likes

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2020
utaraji:

In addition I think the heightened level of persecution of homosexuals are as a result of Obama's interference. They have been living quietly and below the radar until upon tried foisting it on us which being an election period GEJ capitalized on that to score cheap political points. Like you rightly said if you look closely at every aspect of my lives they have always been there at least at the background.

You are 100% right.
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by nextstep(m): 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2020
uche393:
igbo tradition don't take such Its is a Taboo , the "area scatter" might be seen as a Clown during his time. Igbo tradition doesn't support homosexuality

Igbo tradition doesn't explicitly support it, but it tolerates it. We realized long ago that some people are like that, but we didn't torture, jail, burn, or otherwise persecute people for being differently oriented. This is the point of this post.

Abrahamic religions have intolerance as their basis ("there is no other God but I", "there is no other way but mine", and "everyone else shall perish in fire", etc). That's the mindset that encourages people to kill other human beings for being different - whether by color, religion, orientation, and so on. We have an inherently live-and-let-live philosophy, and it applies to many aspects of our ancient heritage and informs our modern lives. It's my contention that oyinbo and arabs are merely catching up with our civilized behavior, after centuries of preaching hate and division.

I see parallels in our concept of female husband - when a (heterosexual) woman marries a woman to bear children for her. Oyinbo saw this and said it was unholy, and convinced most of us. However, this is a far advanced socio-cultural construct from ancient times in Igboland, yet there was absolutely no space for this in Western countries until very recently.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
nextstep:

Igbo tradition doesn't support it, but it tolerated it. We realized that some people are like that, but we're didn't torture, jail, burn, or otherwise persecute people for being differently oriented.

Abrahamic religions have intolerance as their basis ("there is no other God but I", "there is no other way but mine", and "everyone else shall perish in fire", etc). That's the mindset that encourages people to kill other human beings for being different - whether by color, religion, orientation, and so on. We have an inherently live-and-let-live philosophy, and it applies to many aspects of our ancient heritage and informs our modern lives. It's my contention that oyinbo and arabs are merely catching up with our civilized behavior, after centuries of preaching hate and division.

I see parallels in our concept of female husband - when a (heterosexual) woman marries a woman to bear children for her. Oyinbo saw this and said it was unholy, and convinced most of us. However, this is a far advanced socio-cultural construct from ancient times in Igboland, yet there was absolutely no space for this in Western countries until very recently.

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Sweetcho: 4:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
The man at 1:52 was really eyeing him up like he wanted to know!

1 Like

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2020
BULL SHIT
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by BREYZ: 4:45pm On Sep 29, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
Area Scatter - Nigeria's First (recorded) Crossdresser - Imo State, 1970.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8DYIDQh20Q

This instrument is called Eribom in my place, I enjoined it back in the days.

1 Like

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by pyro62(m): 4:49pm On Sep 29, 2020
This guy for blow wells if to say na now oo.. grin very sweet performance
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by richmanrichard: 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
I believe the hatred against homosexuals came with christianity and islam. Africans were not so concerned about it before. Us Traditional Religionists are generally tolerant of everyone. Also notice the Traditional Ruler's amiable behaviour towards the Area Scatter. He even stood up to applaud his performance. There is a big difference in attitudes today. Also homosexuality was not as rife as before because nowadays it is being marketed. Homosexuals today have also become very outrightly vulgar unlike before. There are faults on both sides.

I am a practitioner of Hausa Traditional Religion (Boori) myself and many of the spirits worshipped and those people possesed by it during religious rituals are known homosexuals (Yan Daudu). You will find large number of women and homosexuals and all the discriminated sections of society in these rituals as it gives them relief from the fanatical world outside.

There is a propaganda being spread by christians and muslims to say that African culture abhorrs homosexuals.
Charlie while is it that you like talking in d nonsense? So your village gods permitted you to be shooting anoda Charlie's ikebe n asked you to abandon d well oiled kpekus? Eeeh! Charlie I love Ghana but I no dey like charlie talk.
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by madjune(m): 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2020
I remember watching him perform on NTA channel 6 Aba back then in the 80s.

He was a talented musician.
Quite deft with his string ukulele.
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Orpe7(m): 5:13pm On Sep 29, 2020
Nothing new under the sun
Everything today na remake
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Princewill1(m): 5:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
As a realist i don't follow the Bible, Koran , Torah or any religious book. I follow nature.

Most true answers can be found in nature. Not in any religious book.

I stopped being homophobic 6yrs ago when I researched and found out there are recorded homosexual behaviors in over 500 animals; Mammal,Bird,Fish,Reptiles etc

That findings changed my view on gay people.

3 Likes

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Okoroawusa: 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2020
This was before all of us became "born again"...

There is a story in my kindred about a man who was feminine looking, never slept with a woman, never married, could cook better than most women. He was tolerated by our kinsmen, moved freely in the community, attended family n village meetings, inherited from his father. He was never molested nor questioned why he behaved like a woman. He built a house( mud house) on the land he inherited from his father n lived there until he died n his brothers inherited from him.
I can relate with what the Hausa traditional guy said up there. Intolerance started with Christianity n Islam. In any other culture, when a phenomenon the people don't understand comes they don't fight it. They either get used to it or leave it for their God or Gods to deal with. If the gods don't deal with it then it's taken that the gods have also adjusted space for it. Supernatural matters are not absolute. That is problem with Christianity, Islam n Judaism ( Abrahamic religions).

5 Likes

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by annyplenty(m): 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2020
Bifrost:

You clearly have nothing to say. And as I said earlier, wait till you have gay kids. Then we'll see if you'd maintain the same energy and try to cast the homosexual demon out of them.

I can't have gay kids. Let those that have gay kids seek help rather than just be celebrating it.
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Bifrost: 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
annyplenty:

I can't have gay kids. Let those that have gay kids seek help rather than just be celebrating it.

Lol, you don't decide the sexuality of your kids. That's all I'll tell you.

2 Likes

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
Was there a colour video recorder in 1970?
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2020
muyoge:
Was there a colour video recorder in 1970?

Ofcourse. Since 1901. Although it gained popularity and was developed further post WWII (1945).

1 Like

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by engrchykae(m): 7:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
I believe the hatred against homosexuals came with christianity and islam. Africans were not so concerned about it before. Us Traditional Religionists are generally tolerant of everyone. Also notice the Traditional Ruler's amiable behaviour towards the Area Scatter. He even stood up to applaud his performance. There is a big difference in attitudes today. Also homosexuality was not as rife as before because nowadays it is being marketed. Homosexuals today have also become very outrightly vulgar unlike before. There are faults on both sides.

I am a practitioner of Hausa Traditional Religion (Boori) myself and many of the spirits worshipped and those people possesed by it during religious rituals are known homosexuals (Yan Daudu). You will find large number of women and homosexuals and all the discriminated sections of society in these rituals as it gives them relief from the fanatical world outside.

There is a propaganda being spread by christians and muslims to say that African culture abhorrs homosexuals.
the truth is that sodomy is an African exclusive.
Sodom,gomorah , Sidon, Egypt, Philistines were all Africans,sons of Ham.

So it started from Africa
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by TONIOI: 7:48pm On Sep 29, 2020
dis wan name na pure water book of record las las , bobrisky where art thou
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by HallaDaTruth: 8:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
PAGAN9JA:

Taaa Spits
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by HallaDaTruth: 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2020
DISGUSTING TRASH, THE FACT THAT A PARTICULAR SIN IS OLD DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT. SODOM AND GOMMORA WAS DESTROYED FOR THIS SHI++. SAY NEVER TO THIS DISGUSTING TRASH
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by 1Sharon(f): 9:04pm On Sep 29, 2020
Lionsdenxxx:

Perhaps your culture in Northern Nigeria embraces homosexuality. Over here in South South, many cultures abhor it. You have to remain in the closet till you die. So say the one you know and leave the rest. Don't act like you know every culture in Nigeria let alone Africa.

Did they abhor homosexuality prior to or after Christianity?
Where are your sources?
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by 1Sharon(f): 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2020
annyplenty:

I asked for prayer points for deliverance for those into such practices and that such practices should not escalate and here you are saying other things. Did I condemn the people that are into such or did I say they are not human being? Have I asked for an evil thing? You be the judge

Who told you they need prayers? How condescending.

Why not pray for the Christian virus that possess your mind?

1 Like

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by 1Sharon(f): 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
pls don't bring the Bible into your homosexual nonsense pls. The Bible I know is clearly against homosexuality in all its ramifications. Incase you don't know, the reason why God hates homosexuality so much is because it's goes against HIS entire purpose of creation. He created woman to be a companion for the man and to procreate and fill the earth. Homosexuals don't in anyway fulfill this plan..... know your Bible

Does he hate people who can't naturally reproduce?

1 Like

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by 1Sharon(f): 9:08pm On Sep 29, 2020
Bifrost:

You clearly have nothing to say. And as I said earlier, wait till you have gay kids. Then we'll see if you'd maintain the same energy and try to cast the homosexual demon out of them.

Trust me..he'll do worse. Dont wish gay kids on such people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by 1Sharon(f): 9:14pm On Sep 29, 2020
Misterdhee1:

It's abhorred in yorubaland from time immemorial. You can speak for your tribe nevertheless.

Source?

1 Like

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by 1Sharon(f): 9:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
nextstep:

Igbo tradition doesn't explicitly support it, but it tolerates it. We realized long ago that some people are like that, but we didn't torture, jail, burn, or otherwise persecute people for being differently oriented. This is the point of this post.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest Musician In Nigeria In 2024 With Net Worth / Davido Puts Up His Banana Island House For Rent / Osas Ighodaro Is Just Too Hot In Bikini! Some Women Are Made So Perfect (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.