Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky (83507 Views)

Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) / Meet Nigeria's First Cross Dresser In Imo State Named ''area Scatter'' / Meet Bob Actor 'Calypso King' Singer Who Dressed As A Woman Even Before Bobrisky (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by CheedyJ(m): 1:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
Bob's role model & mentor..there's even a small semblance
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by juman(m): 1:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
vickydevoka:
Dis one fyn. If Dem born bobrisky dat tym em no go fit fyn at all, no make-up or Mary k. Dat tym

You are right.
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by FREEMADNESS: 1:34pm On Sep 29, 2020
chatinent:
Free madness.

weytin happen

pls don't call dis one free madness abeg. dis one na ancestral disease
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Chiboto414: 1:35pm On Sep 29, 2020
Bobrisky dey learn work naa..lolsss
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Infoay: 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
To further show that there is nothing new in our days. Wonders shall never end lol
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by abiolaoladipupo(m): 1:39pm On Sep 29, 2020
Is it my eyes or this man resemble Josh. The comedian guy.
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
They always with violent names. Shame

1 Like

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Patrioticman007(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
I believe the hatred against homosexuals came with christianity and islam. Africans were not so concerned about it before. Us Traditional Religionists are generally tolerant of everyone. Also notice the Traditional Ruler's amiable behaviour towards the Area Scatter. He even stood up to applaud his performance. There is a big difference in attitudes today. Also homosexuality was not as rife as before because nowadays it is being marketed. Homosexuals today have also become very outrightly vulgar unlike before. There are faults on both sides.

I am a practitioner of Hausa Traditional Religion (Boori) myself and many of the spirits worshipped and those people possesed by it during religious rituals are known homosexuals. You will find large number of women and homosexuals and all the discriminated sections of society in these rituals as it gives them relief from the fanatical world outside.

There is a propaganda being spread by christians and muslims to say that African culture abhorrs homosexuals.

Why the misinformation & fake news ?.
If you choose to be a practitioner of Bori, its your personal choice, but marketing it to young innocent children is what we are against.
Homosexuality need to demarketed like cigarettes companies.

1 Like

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
Dozis:

I'm an ardent student of History, not a traditionalist, if you can help me cite examples of precolonial African men that married fellow men, I would be grateful.
Don't tell me about women that married fellow women, the practice is still in my place today, it's a different story because most times it's done when there is no male child in the family, a woman may decide to marry another woman to bear children for the lineage, in this case the 'wife' is allowed to sleep with other men for the purpose of procreation.

I'm not talking about marriage. A homosexual need not marry.
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Jazzafizzy(f): 1:48pm On Sep 29, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
I believe the hatred against homosexuals came with christianity and islam. Africans were not so concerned about it before. Us Traditional Religionists are generally tolerant of everyone. Also notice the Traditional Ruler's amiable behaviour towards the Area Scatter. He even stood up to applaud his performance. There is a big difference in attitudes today. Also homosexuality was not as rife as before because nowadays it is being marketed. Homosexuals today have also become very outrightly vulgar unlike before. There are faults on both sides.

I am a practitioner of Hausa Traditional Religion (Boori) myself and many of the spirits worshipped and those people possesed by it during religious rituals are known homosexuals. You will find large number of women and homosexuals and all the discriminated sections of society in these rituals as it gives them relief from the fanatical world outside.

There is a propaganda being spread by christians and muslims to say that African culture abhorrs homosexuals.
Can I dm you Dan wa na ? We need to talk
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:48pm On Sep 29, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

So you're one of those Hausa homosexuals

No I'm not.

1 Like

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Tdave01: 1:48pm On Sep 29, 2020
He must be regretting all his actions by now shocked cool grin
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2020
Patrioticman007:

Why the misinformation & fake news ?.
If you choose to be a practitioner of Bori, its your personal choice, but marketing it to young innocent children is what we are against.
Homosexuality need to demarketed like cigarettes companies.

Who is marketing homosexuality? I just said even homosexuals participate in the rituals. All i mean to say is that it is nothing recent and certainly not abhorred in native African culture.

Even I'm against unnecessary promotion of homosexuality.

1 Like

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Vacora(m): 1:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
Dozis:

I wonder how you came to this conclusion, because even traditional religion abhors it.
Homosexuality has never been an African thing, it's been around here but it has never been something that Africans were proud of, even before the white man came with his religion.

There are a number of historical research papers which dispel the notion that the practice is alien. It appears such practices became abhorrent with the advent of western religion albeit when colonialists went to plunder and pillage the continent.

P.S I am not here to argue about sexuality or the practice. I just wanted to provide some historical context.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/amp/gerbrandt-van-heerden/dispelling-the-myth-that-homosexuality-is-un-african_a_23478498/

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/4/homosexuality-africamuseveniugandanigeriaethiopia.html

2 Likes

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Drizzy5001(m): 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2020
U mean this picture was taken in 1970?
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by IamLEGEND1: 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2020
Dozis:

I'm an ardent student of History, not a traditionalist, if you can help me cite examples of precolonial African men that married fellow men, I would be grateful.
Don't tell me about women that married fellow women, the practice is still in my place today, it's a different story because most times it's done when there is no male child in the family, a woman may decide to marry another woman to bear children for the lineage, in this case the 'wife' is allowed to sleep with other men for the purpose of procreation.
You can trace something's prominence in one's culture through language.
The three major languages (and hundreds of others) in Nigeria, not to mention all over the continent, each have a term for crossdressers and gay men; sometimes a combination of both. These languages obviously predate the arrival of the English and christianity by a considerable amount of time.

+ if you are an ardent student of history like you claim then you should know that very little of Africa's pre-colonial history has been preserved in writing. Regardless, I'll point you towards the one I can recall -- King Mwanga II of Uganda -- You do the research and come to your conclusions on your own.

It is true that a lot of what many anecdotally consider to be our lost "primitive" culture was, even if not totally accepting, but considerably more tolerant of what is considered deviant behaviour.

People think of homosexuality as something we imported from the west, alas, it was their intolerance (and religion) that was their gift to us.

All of this shouldn't even matter because I believe people should be prosecuted for harming their fellow man and the natural environment, not for being different.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by annyplenty(m): 1:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
Area Scatter - Nigeria's First (recorded) Crossdresser - Imo State, 1970.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8DYIDQh20Q

Prayer Request Against Escalation and Publicising of LGBT Activities in Nigeria

Dear Brothers/Sisters in Christ,

I had a dream over the night, the early hours of Saturday, 26th September, 2020, which suggests that the activities of LGBT (Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Transgenders) Community might explode and become open in Nigeria.

As you may know LGBT means 'Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Transgenders. Such activities were what led to destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Kindly let us rise and pray against such in Nigeria.

-1. Let us pray to God to arrest all such agenda and activities in Nigeria.

-2. Let us pray that no gay festival or gay pride will hold in Nigeria.

3. Let us pray that God should deliver all that are into such activities in Nigeria.

Let us enthrone Jesus Christ as the Lord over Nigeria.

Thank you.

Jesus Christ is coming. Let us stay ready in absolute repentance, watchfulness and holiness.

Shalom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Kobicove(m): 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2020
Drizzy5001:
U mean this picture was taken in 1970?

Yes
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Bakin3(m): 2:07pm On Sep 29, 2020
E be things.

We construct Bio digester (Modern Sockaway). Quick to install. No waste removal. Little maintenance. Odorless. Little space required. Doesn't contaminate ground water. Check my signature.
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Wasky101: 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
IamD18:
If you see anyone who made it back then.

Give him/her maximum respect.

It was fvcking tough back then without social media.
I swear, I listened to daddy showkeys interview sometimes back and I felt really sorry for artist before social media.
He said they used to rent a bus to travel nationwide to promote album, this days just a tweet solves that problem
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by od501: 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
PAGAN9JA:

I am a practitioner of Hausa Traditional Religion (Boori) myself and many of the spirits worshipped and those people possesed by it during religious rituals are known homosexuals (Yan Daudu). You will find large number of women and homosexuals and all the discriminated sections of society in these rituals as it gives them relief from the fanatical world outside.

Guy stop confusing the whole thing. He was a "male Cross dresser" and not gay! Igbo traditional institution (which I represent) regard such act (gay) as highly abominable even till date!

Its ok to dress feminine for entertainment sake back in the days, just like the man in the video, but that does not mean in any way that they ever embraced sodomy! Never! It has been, and will continue to be an abomination to the Igbo traditional institution. ALU!

2 Likes

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Bifrost: 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2020
annyplenty:

Prayer Request Against Escalation and Publicising of LGBT Activities in Nigeria

Dear Brothers/Sisters in Christ,

I had a dream over the night, the early hours of Saturday, 26th September, 2020, which suggests that the activities of LGBT (Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Transgenders) Community might explode and become open in Nigeria.

As you may know LGBT means 'Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Transgenders. Such activities were what led to destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Kindly let us rise and pray against such in Nigeria.

-1. Let us pray to God to arrest all such agenda and activities in Nigeria.

-2. Let us pray that no gay festival or gay pride will hold in Nigeria.

3. Let us pray that God should deliver all that are into such activities in Nigeria.

Let us enthrone Jesus Christ as the Lord over Nigeria.

Thank you.

Jesus Christ is coming. Let us stay ready in absolute repentance, watchfulness and holiness.

Shalom.

Until you give birth to 2 boys and a girl and one of the boy comes out as gay and the girl, a lesbian. We will know how true your faith is.

2 Likes

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by 99thEnemy(m): 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2020
Area Scatter AMAKA! grin . Bobrisky AMAKA!! grin grin . IGBO AMAKA!!! grin grin grin
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Sterope(f): 2:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
There is no way in hell we wouldn't have had homosexuals.
Dozis:

I wonder how you came to this conclusion, because even traditional religion abhors it.
Homosexuality has never been an African thing, it's been around here but it has never been something that Africans were proud of, even before the white man came with his religion.

3 Likes

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by annyplenty(m): 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2020
Bifrost:

Until you give birth to 2 boys and a girl and one of the boy comes out as gay and the girl, a lesbian. We will know how true your faith is.

None of those things can happen to me in Jesus name but if any has happened to you, don't worry so much. There is still a solution and deliverance in Jesus Christ. Just humbly seek Him for help.
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by maasoap(m): 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2020
PAGAN9JA:

I am a practitioner of Hausa Traditional Religion (Boori) myself and many of the spirits worshipped and those people possesed by it during religious rituals are known homosexuals (Yan Daudu). You will find large number of women and homosexuals and all the discriminated sections of society in these rituals as it gives them relief from the fanatical world outside.

How are you sure that he was homosexual? Because he cross dressed? You might be wrong
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by vioment: 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2020
Everything wey dey happen now dun happen before.

This guy even get skills compared to bobroski

Since 1970, Nigeria is still looking the same. Even worse.

Well am not surprised, USA in the 40s 50s and 60s are 100 times better than Nigeria in 2021.

2 Likes

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Bifrost: 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
annyplenty:

None of those things can happen to me in Jesus name but if any has happened to you, don't worry so much. There is still a solution and deliverance in Jesus Christ. Just humbly seek Him for help.

It is not for you to shout "None of those things can happen to me in Jesus name..." Your children will decide their sexuality, and either shield it from you while living a life of hypocrisy under your roof until they leave your home.

These things happen. It's a matter of time. Lmao, Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
Since the days of Abraham - Bobrisky ancestors full ground - why una dey surprise now grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Davido Puts Up His Banana Island House For Rent / Osas Ighodaro Is Just Too Hot In Bikini! Some Women Are Made So Perfect (Photos) / Photo Of A Sexy Lady Selling Dried Fish In Market Makes Don Jazzy Want To Cook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.