Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky (83501 Views)

Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) / Meet Nigeria's First Cross Dresser In Imo State Named ''area Scatter'' / Meet Bob Actor 'Calypso King' Singer Who Dressed As A Woman Even Before Bobrisky (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Demaestro09: 10:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
I believe the hatred against homosexuals came with christianity and islam. Africans were not so concerned about it before. Us Traditional Religionists are generally tolerant of everyone. Also notice the Traditional Ruler's amiable behaviour towards the Area Scatter. He even stood up to applaud his performance. There is a big difference in attitudes today. Also homosexuality was not as rife as before because nowadays it is being marketed. Homosexuals today have also become very outrightly vulgar unlike before. There are faults on both sides.

I am a practitioner of Hausa Traditional Religion (Boori) myself and many of the spirits worshipped and those people possesed by it during religious rituals are known homosexuals (Yan Daudu). You will find large number of women and homosexuals and all the discriminated sections of society in these rituals as it gives them relief from the fanatical world outside.

There is a propaganda being spread by christians and muslims to say that African culture abhorrs homosexuals.

But you are wrong, we have a lot of atheist/ free thinkers who dispised homosexuality as well, it has little to do with culture/religion.

Not until the 70s did Americans begin to soften their stance on homosexuality as it was a taboo prior. Most Asian countries do no not allow it bar a few like Taiwan. I myself is little bit dispised it, but thanks to education and enlightenment am becoming more tolerant So yeah its an education thing.
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Franking: 10:32pm On Sep 29, 2020
NORSIYK:
I've read about him few years ago, he was quite a popular figure during his time.

I heard he died in a motor accident along umuagwo road in 1987

He died earlier.than that. He died along Owerri-PH road at Umuagwo like u said. His mom was from Umuagwo while he was from Ovurugo in Mgbuisii, Ohaji.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Franking: 10:33pm On Sep 29, 2020
He was a musician and used to feature on Ukaonu's club, a musical programme on NTA channel 6 Aba in the early 80's.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
Franking:

He died earlier.than that. He died along Owerri-PH road at Umuagwo like u said. His mom was from Umuagwo while he was from Ovurugo in Mgbuisii, Ohaji.

His full name was Uzoma Odimara from Oburugo Mgbuisii Ohaji/Egbema LGA...... The man was a super man he could do almost anything ,so handsome to an extent many thought his parents were Whites ............

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by NORSIYK(m): 2:17am On Sep 30, 2020
Franking:

Ok. Thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by MrFly(m): 6:11am On Sep 30, 2020
sane people shouldnt be talking about Bob risky
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Franking: 7:29am On Sep 30, 2020
PAGAN9JA:

His full name was Uzoma Odimara from Oburugo Mgbuisii Ohaji/Egbema LGA...... The man was a super man he could do almost anything ,so handsome to an extent many thought his parents were Whites ............

He was my dad's cousin. He had an only son named Kojo who was my playmate then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by vykdevil: 7:57am On Sep 30, 2020
ask a Nigerian and he would tell you that gay and effeminaty came from the western world,... bunch of mofos

4 Likes

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Ishilove: 8:36am On Sep 30, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
[s]I believe the hatred against homosexuals came with christianity and islam. Africans were not so concerned about it before. Us Traditional Religionists are generally tolerant of everyone. Also notice the Traditional Ruler's amiable behaviour towards the Area Scatter. He even stood up to applaud his performance. There is a big difference in attitudes today. Also homosexuality was not as rife as before because nowadays it is being marketed. Homosexuals today have also become very outrightly vulgar unlike before. There are faults on both sides.

I am a practitioner of Hausa Traditional Religion (Boori) myself and many of the spirits worshipped and those people possesed by it during religious rituals are known homosexuals (Yan Daudu). You will find large number of women and homosexuals and all the discriminated sections of society in these rituals as it gives them relief from the fanatical world outside.

There is a propaganda being spread by christians and muslims to say that African culture abhorrs homosexuals.[/s]
Trash. Don't let me unleash Righteousness89 on you
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:12am On Sep 30, 2020
Franking:

He was my dad's cousin. He had an only son named Kojo who was my playmate many then.

That is very interesting. I hope my thread has been a fitting tribute to your family member. Now more people are aware of him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Lionsdenxxx: 10:05am On Sep 30, 2020
austinvsb:

I hate personal generalizations presented as facts. Where is your evidence that homosexuality was historically abhorred in SS before the advent of christainity and Islam?

Just like the guy I quoted, I come from a large family that practiced African traditional religion until the mid 90's when we started converting to Christianity. Homosexuality, Adultery and other social vices where greatly frowned at from the onset even before our encounter with the missionaries. I am Isoko and I know my roots.

So again, speak for yourselt.
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by ThatFairGuy1: 10:26am On Sep 30, 2020
IamD18:
If you see anyone who made it back then.
Give him/her maximum respect.
It was fvcking tough back then without social media.
Are you a cross-dresser
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Chigo247(m): 10:27am On Sep 30, 2020
That's pure village juju � �
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by austinvsb: 11:59am On Sep 30, 2020
Lionsdenxxx:

Just like the guy I quoted, I come from a large family that practiced African traditional religion until the mid 90's when we started converting to Christianity. Homosexuality, Adultery and other social vices where greatly frowned at from the onset even before our encounter with the missionaries. I am Isoko and I know my roots.

So again, speak for yourselt.

So you are speaking for yourself and your family and not the generality of traditional practitioners then. Good to know

1 Like

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2020
austinvsb:

So you are speaking for yourself and your family and not the generality of traditional practitioners then. Good to know

This is exactly the kind of propaganda I was telling you about.

The truth is Africans were indifferent to it. Ofcourse it was seen as an abnormality many a times but people wouldn't become hostile to them as of now. Threatening to castigate demons from them, kill them, beat them, shun them to hellfire, put them in prison, etc. Max to max they would make fun of them.

2 Likes

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 30, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
homosexual being like you, I have people like you in my DM instead of chasing women like everybody else, they are looking for anus full of poo and waste products.
post your photos. Who sends DM for sex without seeing your photos?
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Dizzyrascal(m): 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2020
Durentt:
post your photos. Who sends DM for sex without seeing your photos?
very funny, haha!!
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Franking: 5:47pm On Sep 30, 2020
PAGAN9JA:

That is very interesting. I hope my thread has been a fitting tribute to your family member. Now more people are aware of him.

Yes, it has actually been.

2 Likes

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:30pm On Sep 30, 2020
Franking:

Yes, it has actually been.

This comment here means more to me than all the other comments on this thread. Mission accomplished.

May the Gods and Arunsi of the ancestors bless his soul and your family. Isee.

1 Like

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Franking: 10:05pm On Sep 30, 2020
PAGAN9JA:

This comment here means more to me than all the other comments on this thread. Mission accomplished.

May the Gods and Arunsi of the ancestors bless his soul and your family. Isee.

Thank u so much.

2 Likes

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by 1Sharon(f): 1:19pm On Oct 03, 2020
vykdevil:
ask a Nigerian and he would tell you that gay and effeminaty came from the western world,... bunch of mofos

They ain't trying to hear that gay people naturally exist in africa lol.

1 Like

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by ema4u: 6:42pm On Mar 14, 2023
Franking:

Thank u so much.

hi Franking, my name is Ema Edosio Deelen, I am a journalist and filmmaker doing a research on Area scatter. I'd like to ask you some questions. please how can I contavt you. thanks
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by XAUBulls: 10:52pm On Dec 10, 2023
PAGAN9JA:
Area Scatter - Nigeria's First (recorded) Crossdresser - Imo State, 1970.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8DYIDQh20Q
A hilarious video. That's very creative of him... Area Scatter. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by XAUBulls: 8:43am On Dec 11, 2023
PAGAN9JA:
I believe the hatred against homosexuals came with christianity and islam. Africans were not so concerned about it before. Us Traditional Religionists are generally tolerant of everyone. Also notice the Traditional Ruler's amiable behaviour towards the Area Scatter. He even stood up to applaud his performance. There is a big difference in attitudes today. Also homosexuality was not as rife as before because nowadays it is being marketed. Homosexuals today have also become very outrightly vulgar unlike before. There are faults on both sides.

There is a propaganda being spread by christians and muslims to say that African culture abhorrs homosexuals.
Insightful history on the Hausa religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by dododawa1: 9:12am On Dec 11, 2023
First CROSS DRESSING

First COUP

First DEVELOPER

First NO MAN LAND

Great people indeed.

1 Like

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Konquest: 6:10pm On Apr 12
Franking:

He was my dad's cousin. He had an only son named Kojo who was my playmate then.
@Frankling,

Your uncle (Area Scatter) is being featured on the NL frontpage again today. It's good to know that Area Scatter has at least a direct living relative on Nairaland so you can always debunk any falsehoods about him.

Read more here:
https://www.nairaland.com/8059561/meet-area-scatter-nigerias-first

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Franking: 7:45pm On Apr 12
Konquest:

@Frankling,

Your uncle (Area Scatter) is being featured on the NL frontpage again today. It's good to know that Area Scatter has at least a direct living relative on Nairaland so you can always debunk any falsehoods about him.

Read more here:
https://www.nairaland.com/8059561/meet-area-scatter-nigerias-first

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Sure. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky by Kobicove(m): 2:58pm On Apr 18
I used to think Charly Boy was the first

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Davido Puts Up His Banana Island House For Rent / Osas Ighodaro Is Just Too Hot In Bikini! Some Women Are Made So Perfect (Photos) / Lyta Buys A Car At The Age Of 18 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.