Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,321 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me (49561 Views)

I Just Had My 4th Child At 26 / My Husband Flogs Me / Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Greatfullheart: 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2020
Drizzy5001:
which course did u study there?
I MADE MISTAKE CHOOSING CIVIL ENGINEERING
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2020
studM:

R u in lagos?
No, Delta
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Naijafornow: 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2020
I don't have a laptop, I reside in Delta state

YOU WAN JOIN YAHOO BANDITS? KWANTINU! EFCC IS WATCHING YOU.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by GMBuhari: 1:22pm On Sep 30, 2020
Oga , for the last time , and i pray you understand this time

What i said is that when father beats his child who is 26 years old , it's african mentality , only africans do that, religion of any kind does not allow you to bully your adult pikin

essentially You just agreed to what i said , and i never said it's Ok even if it's african mentality , i do not get why you are angry wit all my responses 1
Bobyro:

Oga I wasn't trying to say I'm woke or so advanced, I'm only saying that Africans need to drop some bad traits. That's a man and it's totally wrong to flog a man of that age.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by edoairways: 1:34pm On Sep 30, 2020
benji93:
This is exactly what my problem is. I asked you a question, and you refused to answer, which only suggests that your father indeed told you not to go out beyond a certain designated time. If you chose to disobey your father l, while you still stay in his house. Adult or not, you deserve some add whooping. My house, my rules. Behave as an adult and you will get the adult treatment.
Mr man in the first am not the victim here. Secondly, it is absurd for a father to flog his son especially an adult. Thirdly, such father would only push his child to commit more crimes if he continues with such attitude. Fourthly,there are ways to discipline a person for disobedience not flogging an adult like a slave. In case you don't know, the use of cane or horsewhip has history with slavery
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2020
Erojepromise:
l am 19 currently but l know that when l am 26 dem no born anybody well to flog me can you imagine flogging?! when he could have reprimanded and warned you against coming home late again. Even if he was feeding you nko ?isn't he your father? like some nairalanders said the next time he tries such make sure you stand your ground and be bold as far as you are not found wanting for any misdeeds. for goodness sakes you are a grown man
But do they flog you now at 19?

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Thenorth(m): 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2020
U live under his roof then u must live by his rule my brother...
I'm not advising you to leave, just try as much possible to obey him so that nothing will popped up btween you and him...
but leave when you got something meaningful...
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by SissyAda: 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2020
OP, pls do not listen to some hypocritical advise. If they reach abroad where children call cops on their parents, they will change mouth again
If there is anytin you owe yourself is never to jeopardize your mental health, its connects to your self esteem and could make/mar your future in the long run.

I hv bin there, I know how its feels, it's what you allow that stays.

Also, u are guy try linking up with other guys, so that if need be that you leave the house for sometime, you can
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Offpoint1: 2:01pm On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
Your Father is your Father! He can correct as he wants !
My GrandFather Dealt with his sons who Where Married..
More so when you are still under his Roof!
Stay off Nairaland, you're beginning to act like someone possesed.
Start asking God for wisdom and directions.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 30, 2020
Naijafornow:

I don't have a laptop, I reside in Delta state

YOU WAN JOIN YAHOO BANDITS? KWANTINU! EFCC IS WATCHING YOU.

Is the use/ownership of laptop only meant for fraud?
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Drizzy5001(m): 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2020
Greatfullheart:
I MADE MISTAKE CHOOSING CIVIL ENGINEERING
Ehyaa! Me too i mistakenly choose Economics, those lecturers wanted to wound me with carryovers, i had to change to Marketing in my 300level.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by benji93: 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2020
First bolded.According to whom? Second bolded, Whose school of thought? On this same one, how do you know he flogged him like a slave? Were you there when it happened? You need ot be careful about your choice of words. You use words as if you witnessed the incidence. Besides, are there ways to flog someone that are not as though you were treating theo ther party as a slave? Some of you lots don't even have children, but you think you can do better than a father that knows his son.What condescension. When you start having children, you can treat them however you like. Don't come here and tell me you can tend for my child better than i can, or you know my son better than i do.
edoairways:

Mr man in the first am not the victim here. Secondly, it is absurd for a father to flog his son especially an adult. Thirdly, such father would only push his child to commit more crimes if he continues with such attitude. Fourthly,there are ways to discipline a person for disobedience not flogging an adult like a slave. In case you don't know, the use of cane or horsewhip has history with slavery

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2020
situationreport:
Please is there anyone else experiencing what I'm passing through now, because it's making me sad and depressed I can't believe my dad still whips me at my age.. I don't want to confront him because, he's still my father even though I feel gutted for his actions

Yesterday I went to watch liverpool vs Arsenal match in a viewing center, and came back late at night by 9:55 pm, As soon as I came in, he was still awake in the parlor, what he did next was to use the cain he hid to start whipping me...i think is because I'm still living with him, at my age with no meaningful contribution right now, that's why

I have no where to go to, It seems I'm now a burden to them in our house...because I 'm currently jobless now and unemployed for six months now, due to this pandemic... I was initially working in the hospitality industry as a waiter, but was laid off at the beginning of the covid-19 pandemic, ever since then things have gone from bad to worse for me..... I'm broke to hell at the moment

I'm seriously depressed, I just wish I could relocate far away and look for something else to do, and fix my life back, but no where to go, I don't have anyone to help... � May God forgive me if I can't bear this anymore....

Ur Father Is Indirectly Telling U To Be A Man Of Urself. He Does Dis To U because He Feeds U, Even At Dis Age. He Expected U To Go Beyound Dis Level. He Sees U As A Liability Who Does Nothing To Support D Home. I Would Advise Dat U Be A Man Of Urself. 1. Get A Job 4 Urself, I Mean Any Job To Do To Earn A Living. 2. Don't Stay With Ur Parents Anymore, Go & Live With A Friend. 3. Save Money To Rent A House Of Ur Own. It Is When U Become An Independent Man, Ur Parents Will Av Regard 4 U.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Offpoint1: 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2020
Uniquewise:

Unfortunately, this has shown you to be an intemperate person. It's one thing to preach publicly, (which I support), but another to have a Christ-like character which is even more beneficial to yourself as well as the Body of Christ.

Sad to observe you've just demonstrated the ill-mannerism of some irresponsible Nairalanders that go about cancelling the posts of people with divergent views from theirs.

My dear, you have a very long way to go character-wise.

Goodnight.
One thing about pretence is it can't be hidden forever.

It's obvious his preaching was for the likes... I knew that the first day I engaged him in Bible related arguments.

He's nothing but an hypocrite
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by wildikeman(m): 2:44pm On Sep 30, 2020
Mindlog:

You just need to spend some time in a Child and Adolescent Psychiatric clinic and experience some of the adverse effect of toxic parenting.

Do I need to even go far.. I see them around me and just pass and it didn't come to my attention till now after you brought this up. I see the effects all around me. Terrible
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by prodev972: 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2020
26 and your father still flogs you? Thats weird bro
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Obialuproperty(f): 2:47pm On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

You are Wrong!
You Have no right to tell a Man how to Discipline his son!

Caning is Discipline!
Punishment is Discipline!

When you get your child leave them to do as they want!

You will Reap it!

I am ashamed you teach the gospel. it is clear you a Christian by words not in character. God help you
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Obialuproperty(f): 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2020
benji93:
First bolded.According to whom? Second bolded, Whose school of thought? On this same one, how do you know he flogged him like a slave? Were you there when it happened? You need ot be careful of your choice of words. You use words as if you witnessed the incidence. Besides, are there ways to flog someone that are not as though you were treating theo ther party as a slave? Some of you lots don't even have children, but you think you can do better than a father that knows his son.What condescension. When you start having children, you can treat them however you like. Don't come here and tell me you can tend for my child better than i can, or you know my son better than i do.

Many people have mental issues so their sense if judgement is faulty. and your child is not just your child because if you damage him with your terrible parenting tactics, he would go into the society to become a nuisance and disturb the life of others
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by edoairways: 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
benji93:
First bolded.According to whom? Second bolded, Whose school of thought? On this same one, how do you know he flogged him like a slave? Were you there when it happened? You need ot be careful of your choice of words. You use words as if you witnessed the incidence. Besides, are there ways to flog someone that are not as though you were treating theo ther party as a slave? Some of you lots don't even have children, but you think you can do better than a father that knows his son.What condescension. When you start having children, you can treat them however you like. Don't come here and tell me you can tend for my child better than i can, or you know my son better than i do.
I don't need to there neither did I justify the actions of the victim however it is absurd. Now you said whose school of thought as to whether it is absurd to flog a child right? Is it morally right to kill or does that have a school of thought?. If need be and you child report me for flogging, I will not only arrest you, I will ensure that you are jailed for domestic violence. Just of recent, Zimbabwe or whatever name they call such country banned schools from flogging.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by JIMMY1393: 3:15pm On Sep 30, 2020
puremaker7:
my siblings, my mom, they were all there that night, my siblings were happy, but mum was just crying she thought I wanted to beat her husband because my eyes were very red like I just swallowed fire, i was at the blink of explosion, so the following morning when I went to appologize, he said he wanted me for the good, but I said the cane was breaking me emotionally, I made him know that I will never beat my dad and I won't allow anybody to try beat him too. that was how the shit ended.
sometimes you have to take your freedom by force.

Mad mad cool
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by MrNipplesLover(m): 3:16pm On Sep 30, 2020
Midadeola:
cheesy Meaning that 70year old man can still decide to beat his 50yr old son for coming late to the family gathering sef

na the book u suppose direct this to naaah.

take am easy on me. grin grin

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by oyatz(m): 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2020
SirMichael1:
That No. 10 spoilt it.

You need a good lady to marry , preferably between 27-30yrs.
This will help you greatly in making great achievements on record time.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by inumidun2010(m): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2020
hstar:

Inumidun, my niggar, I gbadun u
In fact, inu mi dun , upon seeing ur comment

Same thing, happened to my younger brother on his wedding day, my dad and his wife wanted to intimidate my younger brother's wife after the wedding, I trust my brother he stood for his wife , and also stood by her. Yelled at dem, changed it for every one dat is trying to intimidate his wife, deep down I was happy.

In my mind, I said dis is d main man.
I wanted to intervene before, but seeing dat he has fought and won d war, no need
It is well
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Terryindeed: 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2020
okay, I asked the Moniker if he owns a laptop, apparently I received a lot of messages from people on my WhatsApp messenger who seems interested. anyways I am going to extend the opportunity to 15 people maximum..

add me on WhatsApp messenger on 08060511898. the meeting is 12 am tonight and we will commence starting from Saturday.. so if you are interested, hit me up on WhatsApp messenger. Remember first 15 people and NOTE THIS. I am not asking for DIM.

Thank you and have a great day!!
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by dragunov: 3:31pm On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

you are Speaking English..
When you Become a father you will understand better the Importance of Discipline..
Whatever discipline or training you want to givevyour child should be as early as possible. In saner climes an 18 year old boy is already ripe for the military. I think that applies to Nigeria too if not for the oroblem of these Northerners and Fulanis and quota system. If a boy is considered mature enough to be trained to handle weapons, why would you proceed to assault him because you want to discipline him? If you cannot handle the challenges of parenting grown up children then you do not have any business siring children. If you claim to be righteous and you are not wise, then you have no Spirit of God in you.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by nerd004: 3:35pm On Sep 30, 2020
sorry bro,,,you are passing through a phase in your life that would fizzle out with time depending on how well you would take my advice ....This act of parent's using corporal punishment on grown-ups is very common among we Africans...I remember few years ago,,,my dad attempted to hit me in the presence of my younger siblings & friends..I felt really embarrassed that day...After that I sat down to do some serious thinking and I realized

1.What you don't resist will continue (don't fight your dad oo)....

2.Respect is reciprocal....(do you respect yourself through your behavior)

3.Do you have a dream you chasing ( if you don't have ,,,plz get one)

4.Are always available in the house idle ( as a matter of urgency get a job now) make yourself scarce

5.Do u have boundaries

6.Are you contributing to the family financially,or even in terms of little house chores

7.Lastly are you Matured ??....maturity has nothing to do with age,,,what is your thinking capacity,,maturity is very visible,,,when u start behaving in a mature way even ur dad would see it ...

MORE IMPORTANTLY FOR A 26YEARS OLD(ONCE U'V GOTTEN A JOB ) I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO MOVE OUT OF THE HOUSE....BEING INDEPENDENT WOULD EARN YOU MORE RESPECT

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by dragunov: 3:40pm On Sep 30, 2020
Lawsaite:

My dad did oo. We never really had a father/son relationship, courtesy of his wife
And when you later become successful( i wish you to be) he will start gloating about like a useless turkey and telling everybody that cares to listen: "that's my son".
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by dragunov: 3:45pm On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

Disciplining you child for wrong doing is Provocation!

My dear do not Misinterpret the Bible

I see a legalist here. People, run!
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by dragunov: 3:45pm On Sep 30, 2020
Ishilove:

And what stops his parents from communicating with him? If the child is being foolish, must the parents also be foolish?

I bow o.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by dragunov: 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2020
SaveMeLord:

What happens to the part of your Bible where Parents were instructed not to provoke their children?

Hmmm. That question is golden. They never talk about it in church. I have personnally witnessed a pastor deliberately stopped reading from the bible the moment he got to that verse of Paul's letter. He was talking about family values and how to maintain control over offspring as Christians. I could not believe the hypocrisy. I was angry with him.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by dragunov: 3:52pm On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

My Dad Disciplined me very well..

No wonder. And you will definitely pass it on. I am sorry o.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Organs(m): 3:54pm On Sep 30, 2020
JIMMY1393:

op never said the reason for his going out to watch the game...maybe its subscription, maybe its to watch and hangout with friends, maybe its that there's only 1 tv in the house and the father would rather watch something else

That's very true. More possibilities. I was referring to that guy that mentioned something to that effect. however, youre on point sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

This Little Baby Girl Stands With Nigeria (Photo) / Nigerian Man Visits His Wife In Sudan, Surprises Her At Her Graduation / My Husband And I Just Found Out He Has An 18yr Old Daughter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.