Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,768 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me (49467 Views)

I Just Had My 4th Child At 26 / My Husband Flogs Me / Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by puremaker7(m): 11:02am On Sep 30, 2020
hstar:

"Se o fe na mi ni, emi o na baba mi ri cheesy
Ha, eleyi pa mi lerin o, it has really got to the extreme end.

@ d second bold, u funny sha, " mi o ni na yin, eyin na o de ni na mi.

@ d 3rd bold, ur dad na good man, till now we no maintain good relationship, but if he needs me to do something, I always try to do it.

because since I chop slap @ d age of 26, I just detest him.
I chop slap sotey my colleagues who respect me dey ask me say wetin do me for face.
Me wey I don dey command respect since d age of 16, @ 26 I've got good reputation both from workplace and at home.

I just couldn't fight him. But hate him much. Now he wants a good relationship
Ko le shele
I made him know that I can't train my unborn children d way he trained me

And I told him that, in life u try to buy bond from ur children by maintaining good character with dem not demanding for it when u didn't create it initially
Lol... don't mind those Papa, what they don't understand is that when a child attain a certain age, you can only advice, not forcing or beating the child.. beating only works on kid, age of 2 to 18.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by GolDRoger: 11:09am On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
Your Father is your Father! He can correct as he wants !
My GrandFather Dealt with his sons who Where Married..
More so when you are still under his Roof!

there is a diff btw correcting and bullying. . . He's an adult for christ sake.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by edoairways: 11:13am On Sep 30, 2020
benji93:
No you don't have any right. You don't know what is happening in the confines of their household. If If a father goes over the board and kills his son, he should be put in jail. Every father must find the limits within which they effect their discipline. Op is probably not telling us the entire story. Maybe his father had warned him repeatedly to tell someone when he wants to go out, or informed him to not stay out until after a period of time. If your father tells you to be home by 8.00 pm, you must not go out cos your favourites team is a playing. If you ask me: haven't you heard of cases where father's killed their wards in the name of discipline? I can also ask you: Haven't you heard of cases where people went out and never came back, especially at night. Righteousness89 may have gone a little overboard, but he's right. These are dangerous times. A son that goes out to watch football when after 8 pm when his father had told him to be home before 8 pm deserves what's coming to him. The Op knows his father doesn't he? He knows that his father probably has a bad temperament, but he insisted on putting his father in such a bad position. It's unfortunate he lost his job, but as a man that he calls himself he should know to adapt has his situation changes. A teenager hiding in a 26 year-old body deserves an ass whooping. Enough said
Mr man there cases of abuse from my father's all in the name of discipline and yes it is my concern. The archaic way of discipline has cause more harm than good to the society
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by benji93: 11:17am On Sep 30, 2020
First question. Did your father tell you not to stay out beyond a certain time?
edoairways:

Mr man there cases of abuse from my father's all in the name of discipline and yes it is my concern. The archaic way of discipline has cause more harm than good to the society
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by purpleicious(f): 11:23am On Sep 30, 2020
It's not new O,till i got married,my father still flogged me!
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by slimjosh43: 11:31am On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]

If I was your Father! I will cane you for uttering this..
U don't have sense ���
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by edoairways: 11:36am On Sep 30, 2020
benji93:
First question. Did your father tell you not to stay out beyond a certain time?
In the first place should a father flog an adult?
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by hstar: 11:38am On Sep 30, 2020
inumidun2010:

It is finished.... Imagine beating a Woman of age 31.. The aftermath is my PROBLEM.... It leaves scars... Even when you Cane a child for too long.. The child assumes you HATE him/her ... God knows once I marry my Wife, dem never born her PAPA or BROTHERS to touch HER... I revoked that license when I paid her BRIDEPRICE..
Inumidun, my niggar, I gbadun u
In fact, inu mi dun , upon seeing ur comment

Same thing, happened to my younger brother on his wedding day, my dad and his wife wanted to intimidate my younger brother's wife after the wedding, I trust my brother he stood for his wife , and also stood by her. Yelled at dem, changed it for every one dat is trying to intimidate his wife, deep down I was happy.

In my mind, I said dis is d main man.
I wanted to intervene before, but seeing dat he has fought and won d war, no need

2 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Erojepromise(f): 11:47am On Sep 30, 2020
l am 19 currently but l know that when l am 26 dem no born anybody well to flog me can you imagine flogging?! when he could have reprimanded and warned you against coming home late again. Even if he was feeding you nko ?isn't he your father? like some nairalanders said the next time he tries such make sure you stand your ground and be bold as far as you are not found wanting for any misdeeds. for goodness sakes you are a grown man
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by hstar: 11:52am On Sep 30, 2020
jumper524:
bros I was in the op shoes years back.
I did what this guy did and the story is d reverse today.
then my dad would beat me, call soldiers when dey front of our house(dad was a military officer) to beat me join.
until d day when I carry jack knife to treatment my dad and promised to stab any soldier that interfere.
men I did it out of depression cos my dad was exploiting my weakness.
today me and d old man na partial friend, yeah we were never alike in nature though..
Dis saddens me, cos I understand better.
U b my parent doesn't mean u can do anything u like with my life

U know what? Dey always forget dat dey will need u to be closer to dem in d future

Another problem b say, if ur character doesn't tally with ur father or guardian, best thing is to depart, for there will always be misunderstanding
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
Your Father is your Father! He can correct as he wants !
My GrandFather Dealt with his sons who Where Married..
More so when you are still under his Roof!
This one no follow Abeg.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]

You'll cane an adult? Because you contributed the sperm for the fertilisation of the egg? Seems you're one of the people who believe parents are right, no matter what. That's a destructive mindset.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Idonije8(m): 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
I thank God for my mom sha from 11 years she didn’t touch me again and I never lived with my dad!!
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]

How can you preach the Lord Jesus Christ and be so intemperate and unwavering in defending a wrong conclusion?
What kind of holy spirit resides in you sef?

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Ayo081(m): 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]

Omo grin
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Humanoid01(m): 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2020
Jirehz:

Bro u’re an idiot.
My parents stopped beating me when I was in jss3. Not because I was stubborn, I just displayed one madness that changed everything!

Oga man up and stop being a coward. It’s not disrespect, it’s being a man.

In fact the reason you are jobless and depressed is because you’re a coward!

They don’t owe you nothing bro but sometimes you can hold them to random, create awareness, shake them to the marrow. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN OGA!

Don’t move because you think you want them to respect you.
It’s not easy out here
Save sufficient money, SHOW DEM BIG WEREY, then move at your convenience.

Stop explaining yourself when you do something wrong sef.

Baba just start living!
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Humanoid01(m): 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2020
Jirehz:

Bro u’re an idiot.
My parents stopped beating me when I was in jss3. Not because I was stubborn, I just displayed one madness that changed everything!

Oga man up and stop being a coward. It’s not disrespect, it’s being a man.

In fact the reason you are jobless and depressed is because you’re a coward!

They don’t owe you nothing bro but sometimes you can hold them to random, create awareness, shake them to the marrow. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN OGA!

Don’t move because you think you want them to respect you.
It’s not easy out here
Save sufficient money, SHOW DEM BIG WEREY, then move at your convenience.

Stop explaining yourself when you do something wrong sef.

Baba just start living!
You hurled insults at him before giving him an advice. You must be very disrespectful. Just because you know what to say doesn't give you the audacity to belittle others with your words.

4 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by samtoolz(m): 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2020
Look at this one ooo. I'm younger than you are,my Dad tried boxing with me when i was 17. I didn't throw punches,but i blocked every single one that was thrown at me, since that day, our yarnings don change, you just have to stand up for yourself. One more thing, get out of that house.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Kabir5643(m): 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2020
Damn, so Righteousness89 is really clout chaser
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by jurrsh(m): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2020
Acidosis:
If you were my child, I'll also whoop your arse until you cry like a baby. Don't take stup!d risks in another man's home. It is very very unfair.

If you were in my area last night, you'll probably be cooling off in SARS or DSS cell this minute. Some cult boys decided to count scores last night and SARS ensured they cleared the entire neighborhood. Of course, innocent ones like you who went to "watch match late in the night" were arrested.

Don't put your parents and guardians through unecessary fear and trauma. If anything happens to you, the world will blame your father.

You're saying RUBBISH!!!.. So the father can't correct him with words, flog a 26yr old guy? you're a joker. There's nothing wrong in going to watching a football match and coming back late.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by benji93: 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2020
This is exactly what my problem is. I asked you a question, and you refused to answer, which only suggests that your father indeed told you not to go out beyond a certain designated time. If you chose to disobey your father l, while you still stay in his house. Adult or not, you deserve some add whooping. My house, my rules. Behave as an adult and you will get the adult treatment.
edoairways:

In the first place should a father flog an adult?
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by lastchild: 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2020
Midadeola:
He isn't wrong. There's everything wrong living in the father's house where he is not accorded respect.

There's nothing wrong for your elder brother living in the father's house where he was accorded respect.
that's why I said, inability for him to provide is the reason they don't accord him the respect
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Chienex24(m): 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2020
Ishilove:

Discipline you by flogging a full grown adult, irrespective of whether he is contributing to the family income? That's no longer discipline. That's criminal assault.

Abeg help me, are you male or female lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2020
Kriss216:

That’s good.

You are 26, your father should accord you some respect. Flogging you like a kid should come with Resistance. You’re in your father’s house, when next your father misbehaves, tell him to move to his fathers‘ house.
Well said Husby..
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Fucsheetup(f): 12:48pm On Sep 30, 2020
Acidosis:

The school I attended taught me that a child could be a man or woman of any age.

Even if your principal is a dunderhead, at least you should have heard statements like "I'm a child of God" from your pastor. Does it mean your pastor is a baby??

Don't be unfortunate please
Lol.

There is a difference between being the ‘the child of a person or supernatural being’ and being an actual child. That school apparently didn’t teach you context and it’s uses, ask them for a refund.

Stop arguing bro. A man is not a child.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Swissheart(f): 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2020
Why should a father flog a 26year old son! It is wrong!
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Chienex24(m): 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

A 40yrs Old under his Father care is a Child sir!

You Cannot be in your Parents house, feeding from your Parents and Live anyhow..

Really really really terribly disappointed in you!! You are already displaying narcissistic tendencies with stereotyped dogmatism!!

This can subtly be the reason of your everyday preaching

Learning from one another is also a gift, not only shoving your opinion down someone's throat!!!

Look at the disgusting way u are misinterpreting the Bible just to be correct.... Maybe you are "jesus" of nairaland forum!!

A 40-year old is now a child just to be right!! You have added "under his father's roof" ,your own addition just to maintain a lost argument

The-same Jesus Christ who gave the keys of the kingdom to peter also told peter "Get behind me Satan"

As long as we are not God, we can't be right all the time...

Don't bother quoting me cause with this, I rest my case with you....
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Greatfullheart: 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2020
stanliwise:

The pressure of your 7 sibling will remain a constant pressure for you. Meanwhile you need to figure out your own way. The future is bright for those that believe in it.
thanks i appreciate
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Greatfullheart: 1:07pm On Sep 30, 2020
JIMMY1393:

I would have said change it for your father but he's an ex soldier lol except if you know you can beat him
for i have nowhere to stay oh.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by NobleDeSage001: 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2020
Your best bet would be to leave town and go somewhere else.
Which of your uncles or aunts are you closest to? Confide in the person and ask the person to allow you to stay with them for a while. Then, look for a job at the same time.
If you stay in your father's house, you must obey him.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by studM(m): 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2020
situationreport:
Please is there anyone else experiencing what I'm passing through now, because it's making me sad and depressed I can't believe my dad still whips me at my age.. I don't want to confront him because, he's still my father even though I feel gutted for his actions

Yesterday I went to watch liverpool vs Arsenal match in a viewing center, and came back late at night by 9:55 pm, As soon as I came in, he was still awake in the parlor, what he did next was to use the cain he hid to start whipping me...i think is because I'm still living with him, at my age with no meaningful contribution right now, that's why

I have no where to go to, It seems I'm now a burden to them in our house...because I 'm currently jobless now and unemployed for six months now, due to this pandemic... I was initially working in the hospitality industry as a waiter, but was laid off at the beginning of the covid-19 pandemic, ever since then things have gone from bad to worse for me..... I'm broke to hell at the moment

I'm seriously depressed, I just wish I could relocate far away and look for something else to do, and fix my life back, but no where to go, I don't have anyone to help... � May God forgive me if I can't bear this anymore....

R u in lagos?
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by MrFta(m): 1:13pm On Sep 30, 2020
Chii59:

How can you preach the Lord Jesus Christ and be so intemperate and unwavering in defending a wrong conclusion?
What kind of holy spirit resides in you sef?
Righteousness89 succeeded in showing the whole world what his true colour is, and not all those film tricks of preachings he pretended to stand for.
Has he not read in Bible history how people of younger ages successfully led the nation Israel? Why didn't he base his argument on Biblical reference?
That condition makes you still be under your parents' roof at 26, does that make you a perpetual child?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

If You Didn't Do These As A Child, Then Your Childhood Wasn't Awesome(pictures). / Good Old Memories To Make You Smile (Throwback Pictures) / My Husband And I Just Found Out He Has An 18yr Old Daughter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.