Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,878 members, 7,813,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge (57098 Views)

Open Grazing Ban: Lagos Proposes 21-Year Jail Term For Armed Herders / Reno Omokri Promises To Pay Buhari ₦1 Billon In Bitcoin If He Can Do This (Pix) / Breaking: Efcc Arrest Senator James Manager Over N5 Billon Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by saajus: 10:53pm On Sep 29, 2020
If it's the same route, it means the only purpose is just lane expansion. It will still help reduce traffic. 2 x 8 would have been perfect.
I heard from someone that it will link Ikorodu. So, I doubt your information that it is the same route as 3rd mainland

Cyberterror:
To me, the project is just a waste of resources because basically the proposed route of this new bridge is same as the third mainland bridge. It will even "flyover" the third mainland bridge!! So it is more of an ego trip than a necessity. That 2.2 billion dollars will be more beneficial if it is used to pave the many unpaved roads in the satellite towns of Lagos State.

3 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by TLE900: 10:54pm On Sep 29, 2020
Q]
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Amotekun777: 10:56pm On Sep 29, 2020
Ajibel:

If they don't build it, you'll say the government is not living up to their responsibility. Now they plan to do, you're accusing them of wanting to use this project to loot.

What do some of you Nigerians want?

Buhari's left scrotum. undecided

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by nerorex01: 10:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
No government is ever for the masses.
As for any huge funding lies a huge stealing.
Black's are xo dem wicked, self centered, and extremely myopic...

Jafar1:

U don't understand.. As much as the idea sounds great, its also an avenue to enrich their pocket..
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by zinodizt: 10:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
What is wrong with most Nairalander this madness called tribalism has so eaten deep .............. can’t someone else have a different opinion other than tribalising everything....... after all when u leave this country u are all called Nigerians
Tunde835:
Ipob wailer stop masturbating on lagos matter and go face your potopoto Abia state

3 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Helpfromabove1(m): 10:58pm On Sep 29, 2020
Lagos is the country and Nigeria is a state in Lagos when it comes to development
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Qadaffi2idiamin: 10:58pm On Sep 29, 2020
Massive displacement

Is road meant for man or man for road??
Stupid development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by gevans(m): 10:59pm On Sep 29, 2020
Good investment, it is people oriented.

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by zinodizt: 11:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
I have been following your comments for some time now when someone has a different opinion from yours you start calling them names is very one supposed to reason the same way
post=94451206:

Those are the ones we refer to as Children of hate, frustration and perdition.
The enemies of the country that do not want any iota of progress in our nation.
All they want us chaos and unrest.
They hate any positive news.
Pathetic souls they are.

At this point, you pity them.
You realize that they need prayers.
They hate everything good.
They hate anything uplifting.
They hate development.
They hate their country.
They even hate themselves.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by saajus: 11:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
Jakande had the plan, and he paid over $100m for it in the 80s. This same Buhari reversed the contract. Jakande was a visionary leader cos Lagos traffic was not this bad when he envisioned that there will be a need for light rail. Technically, they didn't start during Jakande. Tinubu revisited the plan, but it was Fashola that started in 2008. They started the Blue line which is the first phase in 2009 and they are yet to complete it.
If they complete the blue and red lines lightrail, 4th Mainland Bridge and improve water transportation, the traffic will get better. Unfortunately, all the plans may not go beyond paper.

wirinet:

Lagos has been spending on city rail since Jakande, the problem is that it is yet to materialise. I hope the rail you are talking about is not the Lagos Abeokuta Ibadan rail lines by the FG or the Cotonou Seme Badagry to CMS road and rail lines.

Also we have been hearing about investment in water transportation for decades (and truly there had been some attempts)

But till today the main mode of mass transportation are cars and busses. Lagferry does not transport 0.1% of Lagos commuters.

2 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by rafindo(m): 11:04pm On Sep 29, 2020
Cyberterror:
To me, the project is just a waste of resources because basically the proposed route of this new bridge is same as the third mainland bridge. It will even "flyover" the third mainland bridge!! So it is more of an ego trip than a necessity. That 2.2 billion dollars will be more beneficial if it is used to pave the many unpaved roads in the satellite towns of Lagos State.

Your geography sucks so much. The funniest thing is the 22 fools that liked your comment.

The 4th is not flying over any third mainland bridge but actually crossing the lagoon almost at the middle. It pains you to cry and wail when you see progress.

6 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by FarahAideed: 11:05pm On Sep 29, 2020
3 toll plazas on one bridge to make Tinubu happy.. well this bridge will happen but Tinubu will not be allowed to toll it except he provided the 2 billion from his pocket
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by jidxin(m): 11:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
Cyberterror:
is it that you don't take your time to read or you just lack comprehension.... Koye mi fun e oooo.... Chai.... It is well with you
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by jidxin(m): 11:11pm On Sep 29, 2020
rafindo:

Your geography sucks so much. The funniest thing is the 22 fools that liked your comment.

The 4th is not flying over any third mainland bridge but actually crossing the lagoon almost at the middle. It pains you to cry and wail when you see progress.
my broda ���i was wondering why the 22 liked his comment too oooo, he simply just can't comprehend or he dabbled into what his mind cannot carry.

2 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 29, 2020
Bikonu where is 1st and 2nd mainland bridge located

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by jidxin(m): 11:13pm On Sep 29, 2020
saajus:
Jakande had the plan, and he paid over $100m for it in the 80s. The same Buhari reversed the contract. Jakande was a visionary leader cos Lagos traffic was not this bad when he envisioned that there will be a need for light rail. Technically, they didn't start during Jakande. Tinubu revisited the plan, but it was Fashola that started in 2008. They started the Blue line which is the first phase in 2009 and they are yet to complete it.
If they complete the blue and red lines lightrail, 4th Mainland Bridge and improve water transportation, the traffic will get better. Unfortunately, all the plans may not go beyond paper.

as in ehn.... Just imagine rail system from epe to VI and Ikorodu ketu iyana oworo to VI then from abúlé ẹgba to VI..

2 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by jidxin(m): 11:13pm On Sep 29, 2020
saajus:
If it's the same route, it means the only purpose is just lane expansion. It will still help reduce traffic. 2 x 8 would have been perfect.
I heard from someone that it will link Ikorodu. So, I doubt your information that it is the same route as 3rd mainland

its entirely different route sir
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Kingbuhari(m): 11:17pm On Sep 29, 2020
How much is Thieftinubu okporo eyes getting as commission from that $2b for his 2023 campaign
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Gerrard59(m): 11:19pm On Sep 29, 2020
wirinet:

Don't mind them. Only a mad man does the same thing over and over again, but expects a different result.
If the like let them construct 10th mainland bridge, it's only a matter of time before traffic jams caught up with all the roads. The more roads and bridges you build, the more people buy cars people buy. I remember when 3rd mainland was build, it did not take five years before the bridge itself became completely blocked with traffic. Same for Lekki Epe expressway and Ikorodu road.

Metro railway is the only way to go. Lagos is the only city of over 10million people without intra city railway

When I stated same few years ago, some cretinous tribalists said I should go back to my village. There's no city in the world with a population of 10M+ that doesn't have an intra city railway other than Lagos.

1 Like

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by sidonlook: 11:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
Which area of Ikorodu is most likely to be affected due to expected demolition to give way for the construction?
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by dingbang(m): 11:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
Great..
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Gamesmart: 11:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
It would also become the longest Bridge in Africa second only to the 6th October Bridge in Cairo, Egypt, featuring three toll plazas, nine interchanges, 4.5Km Lagoon Bridge

How does a bridge become the longest but is yet second?

Senseless journalism.

4 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by sidonlook: 11:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
Where are the 800 houses located ?
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by tot(f): 11:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
Why not focus on developing rail? A megacity without a well connected rail system in 2020 is not it. What exactly is wrong with African leaders?

2 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by GoodGovernance: 11:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
Cyberterror:

Ignoramus.

Same route?

Does third mainland link Ikorodu DIRECT to lekki and Island?

I shake my head for those that liked this your bullshit!

A more commonsensical suggestion would be the diversion of the funds to metro rail lines.
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Bluffly: 11:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
No plan for Other transport means such as tram that has no traffic congestion
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by sidonlook: 11:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
Gamesmart:

How does a bridge become the longest but is yet second?

Senseless journalism.
I believe that journalist thought that Cairo is in Europe.

Cairo is the capital of Egypt in Africa.

3 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Oshokalo: 11:27pm On Sep 29, 2020
Cyberterror:
beeforenair���u don talk ur problem,does the govt even recognise satelite
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Ajibel(m): 11:32pm On Sep 29, 2020
dumodust:
It's interesting that nobody has actually asked the question- which houses will go

The houses on the ROW for the bridge will go
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by GoodGovernance: 11:34pm On Sep 29, 2020
Thamayo:
Bikonu where is 1st and 2nd mainland bridge located

Carter and Eko bridges na.

Just that third mainland is yet to be officially named after any person or place.

2 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Ajibel(m): 11:34pm On Sep 29, 2020
tot:
Why not focus on developing rail? A megacity without a well connected rail system in 2020 is not it. What exactly is wrong with African leaders?

Lagos state has about six rail line projects in the pipeline. The first two, blue and red line will hopefully come on stream by 2022
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Ajibel(m): 11:35pm On Sep 29, 2020
Amotekun777:

Buhari's left scrotum. undecided

I should have asked what do some Lagosians want, and not Nigerians. This thread is about Lagos smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yoruba Nation Rally In Lagos Will Hold On July 3 - Olayomi Koiki / Former President, Buhari & Wife Land In Daura (photos) / See What A Nigerian Prison In Kaduna Looks Like (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.