Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,495 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge (57110 Views)

Open Grazing Ban: Lagos Proposes 21-Year Jail Term For Armed Herders / Reno Omokri Promises To Pay Buhari ₦1 Billon In Bitcoin If He Can Do This (Pix) / Breaking: Efcc Arrest Senator James Manager Over N5 Billon Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Ahmeduana(m): 7:13am On Sep 30, 2020
3 tool plaza for a road that is not up to 50 km not even up 40 km! this people are naturally heartless they make sure they squeeze every dime from the helpless citizens !

1 Like

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Ezmans: 7:20am On Sep 30, 2020
Ajibel:

How has it been forgotten?

The government just commissioned some roads projects they just completed few weeks ago. undecided
commissioned roads inside Lagos badagry express?
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by kpokpo1(m): 7:24am On Sep 30, 2020
So true.
From Ajah to Ikorodu (Bayeku)
Ajah to Ikorodu (Ijede).
Etc. It is a short cut, fast in biting traffic.
omowolewa:
Any road Connecting Ikorodu to Island worth the investment. Already people now travel that distance by boat to avoid traffic.

Good vision, good 'Country in a Country'

1 Like

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by sulaak(m): 7:28am On Sep 30, 2020
deomelo:

Do you want me to show you public works people fixing roads in Lagos day and night?

The Lagos metro is still ongoing and Lageferry is all over the waterways so what's your point?

We must not boil water for garri to make eba until the soup is ready mentality. Are the bridges not supposed to move away traffic and reduce pressure on our roads and make them last longer?

This is why the say Nigerian youths are bit ready to govern, they think shallow and backwards.

Olodo,

I don't know how much the Lagos state government is paying you.

Why build roads without proper drianage systems? Only to waste or steal more funds to fix roads that weren't properly constructed in the first place. The Lagos state government has been under the same government for the best part of 21 years so who do you blame for the bad roads.

2 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by veron007: 7:28am On Sep 30, 2020
Just note that it is not free. There will be 3 tolls on the bridge. A fair assumption will be that it will cost 500 x3 = 1,500 to use the bridge. 500 is the average cost of other tolls in Lekki axis of the state.

2 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by drololaaof: 7:30am On Sep 30, 2020
It is because of the toll plaza that they are venturing into it if they are the one that constructed Carter, Eko and 3rd mainland bridges they will put toll plaza on them .
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by emmanuelbrown26: 7:33am On Sep 30, 2020
wirinet:

Pipe dream. Like the proverb; when hunters learn to shoot without missing, birds learn to fly without perching. More bridges and roads will result in more cars and trucks.

Lagos needs to spend money on city rails and water transportation. No city in the world, especially mega city, depends on cars and busses as the main means of public transportation.
Exactly my thought baba, what Lagos of now needs is city rails and water transportation, not 4th or 5th mainland bridge.

2 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by TechSkill: 7:55am On Sep 30, 2020
naija4life247:

Go back to your village
That is how bastards like you go on telling indigenes to go back to their village because they have divergent opinion. IF we ask you where you come from in Lagos now, you will go mute. The fact that you are another Yoruba person does not make you a Lagosian. The real Lagosians, the main indigenes, do not event tell people to go back to their village but states grabbers are posturing in self-induced illusion..

1 Like

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by tollyboy5(m): 8:02am On Sep 30, 2020
Ajibel:

The latest update from the blue line is that it will be completed by 2022. I understand work is going on, there have been delays, I'll also admit. I hope it comes to reality by then so that you won't give me a better slap that'll reset my destiny cry
Na joke nah! I've been having hope for long I don't anything from government again until I see it manifest. Though ambode did not try 4 badagry division

1 Like

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by tot(f): 8:17am On Sep 30, 2020
Ajibel:

Lagos state has about six rail line projects in the pipeline. The first two, blue and red line will hopefully come on stream by 2022

The point is they are not functional and people are spending hours of their lives each day in traffic. People waking up 4am just to get to work. It's a shame on these leaders.

2 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Omooba77: 8:18am On Sep 30, 2020
deomelo:

Too many people are commenting in this thread, but it's obvious that they are either not Lagosians.

This is the Blue line connecting Lagos island and the mainland.

It seems you are not a Lagosian, the Badagry-Orile-Marina line has been stopped since 2014.
I said the 4th Mainland should factor in rail line as it is done allover the world. Get to most airports outside Nigeria, you see rail, cabs, bus. So when you think, think and dream the future sir!

1 Like

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by lexy2014: 8:23am On Sep 30, 2020
omowolewa:
Any road Connecting Ikorodu to Island worth the investment. Already people now travel that distance by boat to avoid traffic.

Good vision, good 'Country in a Country'

Which means with d bridge, most people including car owners will revert back to using road instead of boat

1 Like

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Tareq1105: 8:33am On Sep 30, 2020
Ajibel:
This isn't new. But seeing that Hamzat is the one spearheading the construction of this bridge, I see it as something that will be a reality before the end of their 8 years tenure hopefully grin

Meaning what?

You guys should not create issues among them please.

Let's allow them to concentrate and work together. No division pls.
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by xreal: 8:34am On Sep 30, 2020
It would also become the longest Bridge in Africa second only to the 6th October Bridge in Cairo, Egypt

In that case, it will not be the longest in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by ghettochild(m): 8:53am On Sep 30, 2020
Ajibel:

It's not a waste of resources. The project would be financed by private investors and they'll recoup their investment via the tolls.

The many unpaved roads are currently receiving attention by the Lagos public works even without the 2.2billion trillion grin
Stop talking nonsense jor
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Ajibel(m): 8:59am On Sep 30, 2020
ghettochild:

Stop talking nonsense jor

Okay sorry sir, don't be pained grin
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Ajibel(m): 9:02am On Sep 30, 2020
Tareq1105:

Meaning what?

You guys should not create issues among them please.

Let's allow them to concentrate and work together. No division pls.

Nah, I guess you didn't get what I meant. During the campaign, Hamzat being a former commissioner for works was so passionate about seeing this project come to life. So now he's there, he's spearheading the project coordination.

My post had no intention to cause any rift between both sir
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Ajibel(m): 9:03am On Sep 30, 2020
tot:

The point is they are not functional and people are spending hours of their lives each day in traffic. People waking up 4am just to get to work. It's a shame on these leaders.

Yes, they're not yet functional. But hopefully they will be once the project is completed.

We can't make it functional you know, if it's not yet completed. wink
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by KunleyY19(m): 9:05am On Sep 30, 2020
talking about blue lines and red lines.. when we were saying Ambode did not do anything as regards continuing capital projects they say we are shouting now they are complaining about lack of progress non those projects. how i wish Fashola had another 4 years as governor. nut i am happy his right hand man Hamzat as an engineer is spearheading this project

2 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by tot(f): 9:09am On Sep 30, 2020
Ajibel:

Yes, they're not yet functional. But hopefully they will be once the project is completed.

We can't make it functional you know, if it's not yet completed. wink

Taaah, that's the same story we've been hearing for years.

Haha! Completion date keeps shifting, it's not fair to the people at all.

1 Like

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by healthyguy(m): 9:17am On Sep 30, 2020
Nice one
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by favinvest: 9:39am On Sep 30, 2020
Good idea

BUT

why not complete all the abandoned projects with that money first na..?

like the badagry - mile-2 - CMS rail system etc

2 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by colossus91(m): 10:17am On Sep 30, 2020
if they construct this bridge and I'm still in Lagos I might just move to ikorodu!!
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Faithful007: 10:55am On Sep 30, 2020
Ajibel:

It's not a waste of resources. The project would be financed by private investors and they'll recoup their investment via the tolls.

The many unpaved roads are currently receiving attention by the Lagos public works even without the 2.2billion trillion grin
Can you name one proven investor already out with money to sponsor the project. That's how you people will see white elephant project and yet not recognize it.

1 Like

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by GolDRoger: 10:58am On Sep 30, 2020
Ajibel:

How has it been forgotten?

The government just commissioned some roads projects they just completed few weeks ago. undecided

tell me where??

1 Like

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Goodgoody1: 11:00am On Sep 30, 2020
When will Rivers State build their own first mainland or first Island bridge
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 30, 2020
GoodGovernance:

Carter and Eko bridges na.

Just that third mainland is yet to be officially named after any person or place.

Thank you
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Reference(m): 11:02am On Sep 30, 2020
Ajibel:

Lagos is already spending money on the city rail (they have blue line and red line in progress) and they've also invested in water transportation via @Lagferry

Get those online first. If you can attract 2.2 billion dollars for a road why cant you do more for the metro. Break it up and find concessionaires to BOT. Inner city transport the world over is no it built by administrations but over generations, each administration 'adding on'.

If the Fashola administration had just done one single track and a handful of stations, today many more routes will have been added leaving the 3rd mainland largely deserted, but the lack of vision pushed them to gobble up much more than they could chew and it is now choking.

Same political party, same godfather and yet one is not heading anywhere before the second white elephant is born. Do they know that even with Federal resources it took more than a decade for the 3rd Mainland to be built. It is no easy task. Why try to cross water when you have not fully exhausted options on land.

3 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Donedeal1(m): 11:08am On Sep 30, 2020
Listen oh, the bridge leads to where nah?,is it Only V I that you will spending all this amount to access why not open up other corridor around the state at a fraction of the budget.

1 Like

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by askakim(m): 11:34am On Sep 30, 2020
good development, at least my Ikorodu friends won't be scouting with me when there is no traffic very soon..
Sawnolu it must connect ikorodu friends oooo
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Ajibel(m): 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2020
Reference:

Get those online first. If you can attract 2.2 billion dollars for a road why cant you do more for the metro. Break it up and find concessionaires to BOT. Inner city transport the world over is no it built by administrations but over generations, each administration 'adding on'.

If the Fashola administration had just done one single track and a handful of stations, today many more routes will have been added leaving the 3rd mainland largely deserted, but the lack of vision pushed them to gobble up much more than they could chew and it is now choking.

Same political party, same godfather and yet one is not heading anywhere before the second white elephant is born. Do they know that even with Federal resources it took more than a decade for the 3rd Mainland to be built. It is no easy task. Why try to cross water when you have not fully exhausted options on land.

The blue line is solely financed by the Lagos State government, the other rail lines that are also in the pipeline would be done via PPP. See ehn, it's just because there was a slight delay in the delivery of the blue line during Ambode's tenure and we all can see Ambode is no longer there.

And don't stay on the sideline to accuse the government of lack of vision. If they had no vision, they won't have conceived an integrated rail master plan in the first place
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Ajibel(m): 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2020
Faithful007:
Can you name one proven investor already out with money to sponsor the project. That's how you people will see white elephant project and yet not recognize it.

Oga, the expression of interest was put out for the 4MB some months back and the government has pruned down their numbers from 30 to about 5 or so.

The names of the companies were also published and it made NL too. Maybe you just weren't following but I'm already tired of educating everyone here jare.

O ti sun mi sad sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu Asks Security Agencies To Caution Obi Over Inciting Comments / Boko Haram Beheads Lawan Andimi, Rejects N50 Million Ransom Offer / Buhari's Service Chiefs: Nwodo Disappointed Over Exclusion Of Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.