Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,075 members, 7,957,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:41 AM

My Siblings And My Father's Property... - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Siblings And My Father's Property... (1326 Views)

Help, I'm Not Emotionally Attached To My Mother, Siblings And Extended Family / How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? / Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: My Siblings And My Father's Property... by frozen70(f): 2:52pm On Oct 01, 2020
bryanarchie:
My Dad is still very much alive and owns a property, flats which he rents out.

We are three children, I'm the last , I have an elder sister and brother. My brother is the first child and first Son.

We girls are both married.

Years ago, a particular flat was allocated to my brother to live in when he gets married.
Then suddenly my brother said he won't live there because of the standard of the property and wants to rent out the place , top some money up and pay for his new place.
My father has said no, that my brother can not collect rent for his property while he is still alive.

My sister came up with a suggestion to my dad and said she wants to set up a clinic with that particular flat and asked my dad for it
My father agreed without informing my brother and I , which caused some issues and disagreement because the said flat my brother was still contending for it.

My sister and dad went ahead to start work on the said flat without informing us but I heard from my mother, I asked her and she said she owes us no explanation.

My brother is totally upset and sad about this, I asked her to choose another flat for peace to reign but she said no.
We both have government jobs but my sister does not, My sister is very wealthy and gives my dad a lot of money, even helps me out too.
But I don't want to be bought over because of her money, I want to be fair and I have asked her to approach my brother for a dialogue but she refused.

Please, I need advice so the love we share will not be destroyed.

It's the responsibilities of your father to gather you all and tell you guys what his reasons are for taking such decisions, though he has the right to do whatever he wants with his salary

But you guys should not fail to let him know that he should share things and you guys can only have possession of it after his demise

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Hands Over The Headship Of His Home To His Wife / Is It Okay To Tell My Parents My Wife Is Pregnant / Breakdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.