Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia (36997 Views)

Keyamo To Buhari: It’s Unconstitutional To Appoint Minister Of State / Buhari: It Is Wrong To Think National Assembly Members Are Overpaid / Death Of 100 Soldiers :president Buhari, It's Time To Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by ibuildstuff(m): 9:51am On Oct 01, 2020
Ehiscotch:
I was also stunned by the comment. Trying to draw comparison wasn't bad as Saudi is miles ahead of Nigeria in its oil industry but saying "it makes no sense" was a bit off for me.

I know in my rational mind that oil subsidy removal should have been done long ago but the situation of Nigerians is so bad that such a good policy seems so bad and ill-timed right now.

#WeWillGetThere.
Thesame buhari protest when gej tried to remove it. If u guys had allowed gej to remove fuel subsidy back then, we would be already use to it now

1 Like

Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by MyExpression(m): 9:52am On Oct 01, 2020
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

Those countries build their grid over a long period of time, they don't do ipob logic that praises looting and defends the shameless privitization of NEPA to the abhorrent reprehensible discos, whose agreement see Nigeria paying private companies bailout for not selling power at the price they choose.

You sound very unintelligent with this post....dont even wanna acknowledge your tribalistic slur

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by fubsy: 9:53am On Oct 01, 2020
Hmm! Does it make sense that people in Saudi Arabia live better lives than Nigerians? Does it make sense that Saudi Arabians have better, committed, truthful and trustworthy political leaders than Nigeria? Abeg! Abeg!! Abeg!!! I'm saying "abeg" because I don't want to talk too much. Make we just acknowledge sey today na 1 October 2020, that is 60 years after Nigerian gain independence. All the talk of "taking 100 million people out of poverty", "PDP 16 years of misrule", etc keep surfacing during such broadcasts. No let me talk plenty today o!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by dederocs(m): 9:55am On Oct 01, 2020
Somebody tell Mr President, that Saudi Arabia pays his citizens, Saudi citizens enjoy subsidies and concessions from their government in different forms... What does the average Nigerian benefit from the FG?

Secondly, it is a matter of currency value, in the real sense, when looking at standards of living, and amount Saudi Arabia pays its citizens, you will see the average Saudi worker buys fuel, food and other necessities of life way cheaper than its Nigerian fellow, in proportion to wages earned. Let us try to be objective in our views, Nigerians are learned and wise...the leading political class should stop insulting our intelligence.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by okuta007: 9:57am On Oct 01, 2020
Saudi Arabia has social safety nets like welfare packages that takes care of her citizens - Does a Nigeria have that? It is sheer hypocrisy for Buhari who promised to give jobless all Nigerians N5k monthly but failed to be comparing Nigeria to Saudi Arabia in anything
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by ImaIma1(f): 9:57am On Oct 01, 2020
If they had created an enabling environment, we had a good economy and citizens were not living in poverty, no one would complain about fuel price.
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by omooba969(m): 9:58am On Oct 01, 2020
RoyalTerrorist:
Monkeys in zoo

One word I said smiley but I gerrit.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by blessgreg: 9:59am On Oct 01, 2020
President, did u care to know their personal income/salary level? If u want to compare petrol price, also compare their take home salary with ur Nigeria workers then, come back to do this comparison. If someone in Nigeria have higher income like that obtainable in other countries, then we don't mind price increase for fuel, but using meagre resources to pay for higher prices is unacceptable Mr president
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by Jfix(m): 10:00am On Oct 01, 2020
Akamariner:
I think we need to be conducting a mental check on our leaders, before they attain a political position
TRUE TALK
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by vhykeeytor(m): 10:00am On Oct 01, 2020
very watery speech for a C 'n' C. Indeed Nigeria is forever lost and gone. Buhari on this independence day I curse you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by omooba969(m): 10:01am On Oct 01, 2020
crackhaus:

Don't be a dense log of wood, that comment meant we have refineries and they should be utilized to full capacity.

This is what he should have talked about, not how to increase price of petroleum products.

Nigeria has no refineries, just nonfunctional facilities.

You definitely have no idea...sorry. smiley
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by noholdsbarred(m): 10:01am On Oct 01, 2020
If he is making comparisons about oil prices, he should also compare the livelihood of Nigerians and Saudi Arabians. What a joke of a government. Coming out here to spew rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by hopilo: 10:02am On Oct 01, 2020
Does it make sense for minimum wage to be lower in Nigeria than Saudi Arabia?
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by GiZcorp: 10:03am On Oct 01, 2020
If I were to be in sch all these grammar am seeing wouldn't have been my concern but since FG has sidelined ASUU and for the sake of boredom am now concerned and pained.
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 01, 2020
Why didn't he saythis during election campaign?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by GiZcorp: 10:04am On Oct 01, 2020
If I were to be in sch all these grammar am seeing wouldn't have been my concern but since FG has sidelined ASUU and for the sake of boredom am now concerned and pained.
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by BabaO2: 10:05am On Oct 01, 2020
Buhari and his useless economic advisers should stop comparing rubbish, everything is affordable in Saudi Arabia including money sef, absolute opposite is the case in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 01, 2020
hisgrace090:
But it makes sense for Saudi Arabia to develope their land with oil money while Nigeria that loot theirs can't reduce the price of fuel for the people.

This guy's are proving from all angle that there's nothing for the ordinary man to enjoy.

They should remember there's God O!

Pls take chair and seat down for god
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by omenka(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2020
What sense does it make for the leaders to be living such flamboyant lives with salaries and allowances running into hundreds of billions, in the midst of such scorching poverty?

Too many things don't make sense in this country Mr President and you leaders are the cause of it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by Codes151(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2020
What’s Saudi exchange rate to naira?
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by Josephshola: 10:09am On Oct 01, 2020
This man na idiot Fina
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by kazyhm(m): 10:09am On Oct 01, 2020
It make no sense to convert currencies and juxtapose it with the price of same product in your own country to draw conclusion.

What is the exchange rate to naira of those currencies in these mentioned countries ?

He should rather quote how much the product is in those countries and let do the conversion ourselves rather than converting currencies that are superior and then conclude that the product is expensive there.

And those engaging in this argument don't understand economic mathematics .
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by RoyalTerrorist(m): 10:12am On Oct 01, 2020
[quote author=omooba969 post=94494573]

One word.
Leggo
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by Dzegeten: 10:15am On Oct 01, 2020
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/it-makes-no-sense-for-oil-to-be-cheaper-in-nigeria-than-saudi-arabia-buhari/
NONSENSE. Do you know hw much is their minimum wage?
You didnt know about that when you promised Nigerians dat fuel will be sold for N45 when you become president
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by tramzy7: 10:16am On Oct 01, 2020
SoftP:
Unfortunately he won’t be alive in next 35years.
If only they can buy life

we still have about two months and some weeks before this year runs out, so anything can happen.
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by joelsteron: 10:16am On Oct 01, 2020
we'll give account of our lives one day to the maker. Ko ni funny.
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by DrJordan(m): 10:19am On Oct 01, 2020
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by Blazebond(m): 10:20am On Oct 01, 2020
Oya let me relax and read the defenders of Buhari,cos I know some clowns will definitely come and defend him here.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:20am On Oct 01, 2020
What is the minimum wage in Saudi Arabia compared to the slavery 30k here? clueless nincompoop
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by easysunny(m): 10:20am On Oct 01, 2020
You're quick to compare Nigeria with Saudi Arabia in terms of petrol price, but failed to compare minimum wages, Exchange rate, unemployment rate, Per capital income, infrastuctural development etc.
Here, citizens pay for everything through their sweat. No govt intervention.
Clueless govt. Who has done this to us? God help us, please

1 Like

Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by femyodsky(m): 10:20am On Oct 01, 2020
I till also make a whole lot of sense if we compare the value of the currencies in those countries
Re: Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia by Odion2016(m): 10:22am On Oct 01, 2020
He should state those prices in their USD equivalents for each country..
And do those countries solely depend on the so called oil to run their daily life activities like we do here in Nigeria,,you put fuel for gen for house,,for office ,put fuel for car..Rubbish and Ingredients...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari / Saraki Reacts To Buhari’s ‘Death Rumour’, Denies Involvement / Buhari Sets Out For Security Meeting At Presidential Wing, Abuja Airport- Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.