Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,912 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? (6895 Views)

Which Android Phone Camera Can Be Compared To Iphone Camera / Finally Moved From Android To Iphone 11 Pro Max / Tricks You Never Knew Your Andriod Phone Can Do, (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Flytime: 5:21am On Oct 03, 2020
Calabar1stSon:
Lemme also burst your bubble! Do you know that face unlock feature that was introduced few months ago on iOS has been available on Android 4.0(Ice cream sandwich) since 2011? Oh Yes! You heard me!

I had to ROM-port from Gingerbread to Ice cream sandwich on my HTC T-MOBILE G2 in 2013!
it's nothing compared to that of ios up till now no android face unlock is as secured or even close to as secured
The closest is still the pixel 4 and 4xl which is also the fastest ahead the iphone because of the big forehead something iphone was able to do in a small notch the pixel had to use a big fore head although I would pick the 4 or 4xl over some iPhones

1 Like

Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Flytime: 5:26am On Oct 03, 2020
Calabar1stSon:
On Android Premium Apps are easy to find everywhere on the internet for free, whereas on iOS you have to pay for it whether you jailbreak or not!

Android effortlessly works with external gadgets like your TVs(mirroring) and Computers! Whereas on iOS you're limited to very few features!

Its easier and cheaper to fix a broken Android phone compared to iOS(way expensive)!

Apple phones don't have long lasting battery, they runout fast!

And lots more...
do you know that in some countries you would be fined if you download apps outside the play store
Take Germany for example if you download movies outside official apps/illegally you would be fined,it'll be a debt added to your profile which you would pay for
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by stanley000: 5:30am On Oct 03, 2020
Twizzy30:
you said it all, everyone will rock an iPhone if were cheap.

i had a bitter experience using android device lol the only android device I can use now is Samsung not these stupid transsion device infinix and co keeps churning out to Nigerians.
yea that point u raised is the reason i fear Android o. They will spoil on u when u don't have money or budget for phone like my last android did me. I had to empty my account to buy tecno 12 and that one was worse. I don't care about iphone features i just want something that works well and won't disappoint me without warning andbits the same thing alot of iPhone users love about iphone.
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Flytime: 5:33am On Oct 03, 2020
Holamilekan97:
My brother Go for Samsung Note 10plus or Note 20 ultra. The kind joy wey my Samsung Note 10plus dey give me now pass the joy wey I get when I dey use iPhone 8plus.

iPhone is good, but Samsung is better. I'm talking from personal experience though.
this is the first reasonable comment I've seen
I for one prefers the note 20 to the iphone 11 pro although I might choose the iphone depending on the circumstances at the time of purchase

Others just type without experience or compare to models of the past,just like someone talking about using 4 and 4s
The last time I handled a 4s which was last year it was running nba 2k mobile smoothly something no android phone released then can do

If you could handle the 11 pro the joy would most likely be similar trust me although the display of the samsung would make you think otherwise when you handle it not saying the iphone is better of course they both have their advantages

1 Like

Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Flytime: 5:35am On Oct 03, 2020
cupidhero:

Never said anything about streaming. When you pay for these services you download the music for offline use you don't stream it. Streaming and downloading are two different things. Data is everything when it comes to smart phones. it needs data to breath. I use a cheap phone but all my apps constantly need more than 5gb weekly for playstore updates and sync. I don't know about others but i can't be streaming a video with 240p on the latest iphone. Is like buying a 4k TV without any 4k content to actually harness the picture quality you paid for. Foolishness is paying for what you don't use. na 2020 be dis we should all be making smarter choices when buying things.
Different phones serve different purpose. A phone may have a good camera but terrible battery life. I can't be on a budget and buy a phone with good camera and terrible battery life. That your camera needs to go a beautiful place with you rocking a good cloth and even beautiful people to compliment it. Unless na wildlife photography the person plans doing. I won't be managing few hours of light daily without any back up power and then go buy a 2000 mah phone that will be very unwise. Anyone who is always on the go with very little time to charge should consider battery life before camera life. You buy a smart phone according to the type of life you live. Thats why in you see them grading these phones under categories like best flagship phones,best mid Range, best entry Level, best camera phones,best battery life and then best compact phones(for people who love small phones or people with tiny hands. What might be best for you can be rubbish to a whole lot of people. It all depends on the lifestyle you live.
apple music doesn't allow downloads,you stream only unless you want to buy the music on itunes for rediculous prices, imagine buying one song for #2400
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Flytime: 5:42am On Oct 03, 2020
Gainman:
Mr man go sit down. how much is d latest iPhone dat u just dey vomit here. if u can afford it,then dash it out for free.
iPhone is useless in Naija. nah just to show off like d way u just brag now. most iPhone features is not relevant in Naija. because u steal money buy iPhone. that is why u dey talk they can't afford it. if u get family,o believe u can't buy the phone.
how is it useless,what is the difference in using an iphone in Nigeria and the usa?
Abi se the iphone dey grow wing when it enter usa?

Do you think it's everyone who steals money or do Yahoo to afford an iphone?

People using Android also pay for services,I for one dont like stressing myself to download music on different websites and I'd rather pay

Is it music service that's irrelevant?, streaming services?,what else?, NFC?(if you get to the right places in Nigeria you would see yourself using it,it's not just available for the average nigerian citizen)

Android has those also so what's your point?
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Flytime: 5:50am On Oct 03, 2020
Gainman:
you dey talk like under 30. u get iPhone u don be biggest boy. no be your mate dey work for iPhone company? go ask people wey used blackberry brag way back.
it's people like you that make them feel that way,who cares what phone you are using?

But after you made them feel big you except them not to want to show off
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Flytime: 5:51am On Oct 03, 2020
Herrymax:

IPhone 7plus is far away from that shiit you called phone.
that's wrong in every aspect possible apart from is fluidity and eco system
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Flytime: 5:53am On Oct 03, 2020
D4donnn:

Hmmm idiots and goats , na wa o , just because of iPhone matter. I believe I have used more iPhone than you've ever used , but I always go back to my android simply because of two things.

I can easily sideload paid apps for free, can you do that with your iphone ?

I can have as many versions of same app on my phone using parallel apps ?.

Yeah iphone take very beautiful pictures so too does Huawei and google pixel devices , the only thing iphones have for it is prestige . But I've come to realize that getting a very premium android device has its perks too , ever held or seen that black reflective colored galaxy note 20 ultra , no unbiased person will pick an iphone over that ... but wetin concern me self , use your iphone in peace
it's not everyone that can't afford to buy apps
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Flytime: 5:55am On Oct 03, 2020
setobaba:
Pls no hate here, I don’t really comment on thread like this, but I must say this with all honestly, all my life I’ve always use android from the scratch, until around March this year, when I had to do some stuff which android can’t handle, so I had to buy an iPhone with the hope of reselling after been through with it. Pls right now no other OS stronger and durable compare to IPhone.
Before you attack me and meet your Waterloo, I currently own both Samsung S8 and IPhone XR, on my life I don’t have joy each time I’m operating my Samsung, starting from the key pads to multi tasking. Dam iPhone beat androids hands down. The only different or regret is data consumption, iPhone consume more data than androids.

Bye
it depends on your usage,I for one didn't see any difference in my data consumption rate
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by D4donnn: 6:02am On Oct 03, 2020
Flytime:
it's not everyone that can't afford to buy apps

I've never bought an app or paid for any inapp purchase since I've been using a phone , I know once i start I'll probably abuse it
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by jeff1607(m): 6:28am On Oct 03, 2020
Emekayoung:

You have a point but is that the only noticeable thing there?

There are other things like for instance the freedom with Android is awesome, you can download and copy to PC without a suite, iphone won't give you that luxury, when your phone gets stolen with the iPhone there's a chance of getting it back and not losing important info to the thief, with an iPhone you can't use it alone but got to have an Android while the Android works alone without assistance if you are tech savvy.

In Nigeria we hardly like to pay for anything ,we like it free, you can't use an iPhone if you don't have a PC within reach, is it for editing ring tones, updating iTunes library with songs instead of using xender or the rest, iphone is like a child that needs assistance every now and then, but good thing is the clocking speed and processor, if apple says 4gb Ram it is 4gb but the same can't be said for Android devices, more reason Yahoo boys prefer the iPhone to Android not because of its resale value but the effortlessness In handling programs without stress, you can't be viewing Instagram while on Android looking at a video, go to another app to do something and meet it there you'd have to scroll down in search of that particular thing

Android phones lags irrespective of the processor when handling programs plus when memory is full, the normal user won't notice but such doesn't happen, the only one that performs equally was the blackberry of old (not the ones with one Operating system)
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Gainman: 7:13am On Oct 03, 2020
Flytime:
how is it useless,what is the difference in using an iphone in Nigeria and the usa?
Abi se the iphone dey grow wing when it enter usa?

Do you think it's everyone who steals money or do Yahoo to afford an iphone?

People using Android also pay for services,I for one dont like stressing myself to download music on different websites and I'd rather pay

Is it music service that's irrelevant?, streaming services?,what else?, NFC?(if you get to the right places in Nigeria you would see yourself using it,it's not just available for the average nigerian citizen)

Android has those also so what's your point?
Why did u quote me. was my post for you? you are not different from him.
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by kmaster007: 7:27am On Oct 03, 2020
Flytime:
not true
you think... guess ur using one... so, wat d diffrt.... u hv to confuse me
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Calabar1stSon: 7:31am On Oct 03, 2020
Flytime:
wrong,iPhones processors are better,I mean for the original iphone to be running grid motor sports which requires snapdragon 600 series to run on android says something

Ios operating system is smoother and feels a whole lot better although it has to do with taste that's why I didn't say better

Android jailbreaking ios maybe the older ios versions which would be more vunerable to jailbreak tweaks

I'm not saying ios is better but hey the way people like you condemn it is alarming
Next thing I've used ios it's this is that and some people saying that have only used their friends own not personally,I'm not saying you're part of them and of course some have used it personally and prefers android bit they can't condemn it like you did,they'll give it kudos were they think it deserves it
I'm reacting to the thread's heading... Not rubbishing iOS in entirety.

As for your claims on older iOS version jailbreak is totally false!
https://www.xda-developers.com/jailbreak-apple-iphone-using-checkra1n-rooted-android-phone/amp/
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Calabar1stSon: 7:51am On Oct 03, 2020
Flytime:
do you k ow that in some countries you would be fined if you download apps outside the play store
Take Germany for example if you download movies outside official apps/illegally you would be fined,it'll be a debt added to your profile which you would pay for ?
Nigeria is no some country.
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Calabar1stSon: 7:56am On Oct 03, 2020
Flytime:
it's nothing compared to that of ios up till now no android face unlock is as secured or even close to as secured
The closest is still the pixel 4 and 4xl which is also the fastest ahead the iphone because of the big forehead something iphone was able to do in a small notch the pixel had to use a big fore head although I would pick the 4 or 4xl over some iPhones
The point is it has been available on the Android platform long before now! Pixel runs on Android!
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by KrazyDave16(m): 8:23am On Oct 03, 2020
Flytime:
wrong,where are you getting this informations from
What do you mean nothing new
What's the difference between the note 20 and note 10?... there are changes but nothing major
Wait for the device to be launched before saying this

Is it not on this platform a guy using the original iphone se was running grid moth r sports, something that requires snapdragon 600 series to run
Apart from the Bionic chip and the mad optimization of apps, what else is there?

If you count the performance of the Bionic chips as an improvement..... It doesn't to me.

If that old Bionic chip on the SE can run that game smoothly and Android already have chips to play same game smoothly (SD 800 series not the SD 600 which is a minimum), I'll still maintain that the gap between Androids and iPhones are almost non-existent.

If you want to add security, no need as we already know that a long time ago.

As for waiting for launch, I don't need to before saying what I said.
We're they (Apple) not the ones who were spewing all the misfortunes and challenges they were facing when making the iPhones, listing what and what it won't include and we already know it's got iOS 14 and benchmarks of the A14 we know and yes it's the first 5nm chip but will you see the improvement when Apple won't allow you to explore (for good reason I know but still it's your property once you buy it)
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by olujosh301(m): 8:30am On Oct 03, 2020
emae009:

It just shows you don't really know Apple Face ID. It uses TrueDepth Sensor camera same thing ToF does... both shots infared beams at your face.
FYI the G7 was a miss, it's the G8 that uses the better tech.
What do you mean there's nothing like the best overall face unlock??
Apple Face ID is so accurate and secure that it can be use for financial transactions something Android phones will warn you that their face unlock option is not that secure and should only be use as a secondary security option.

Going by your logic. There's no best anything rn in mobile technology

Guess you finally understand why the IPhone keeps coming with notches.

I have used both iphone xr and now using lg g8
The lg is faster and can unlock from different angles
Also in complete darkness the iphone brightens up the screen to the max to unlock and sometimes it's hit and miss but the lg doesn't brighten up the screen in complete darkness and it unlocks very fast

NOTE!!!!
My opinion is from real life usage not just speculations or from what I see online

1 Like

Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by KrazyDave16(m): 8:41am On Oct 03, 2020
olujosh301:

Also in complete darkness the iphone brightens up the screen to the max to unlock and sometimes it's hit and miss but the lg doesn't brighten up the screen in complete darkness and it unlocks very fast

NOTE!!!!
My opinion is from real life usage not just speculations or from what I see online
True what you said on the G8.
Zero brightness and in complete darkness, face unlock works wella.
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by emae009(m): 8:54am On Oct 03, 2020
olujosh301:

NOTE!!!!

The XR is the cheap version of the X series.
The way you people do comparison.
You compare last year 11 pro Max with a Samsung Note series, not the Galaxy S series
now you're comparing the LG flagship with a cheaper version IPhone. why not compare with the G7.
If LG was so certain of its face unlock being so secure, why did they issue a disclaimer and why did they not ditch the fingerprint and go full face unlock

Every Android flagship unlock very fast using facial recognition but they are not that secured!
Even the Pixel 4 with its SoLi sensor wasn't as secured as the Face ID.
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 03, 2020
This thread shows they are lot of people using Android phones and are ready to defend their devices, even me sef I use Android but we should not erase the fact that iPhone is way above Android, that's why iPhone 5s of 2013 is still relevant till today, try getting an Android phone from 2013 that even still works. An easier way to understand this is iPhone is Mercedes while Android is Camry.
iPhone 6 still remains the best selling smartphone in the world.
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by olujosh301(m): 9:21am On Oct 03, 2020
emae009:

The XR is the cheap version of the X series.
The way you people do comparison.
You compare last year 11 pro Max with a Samsung Note series, not the Galaxy S series
now you're comparing the LG flagship with a cheaper version IPhone. why not compare with the G7.
If LG was so certain of its face unlock being so secure, why did they issue a disclaimer and why did they not ditch the fingerprint and go full face unlock

Every Android flagship unlock very fast using facial recognition but they are not that secured!
Even the Pixel 4 with its SoLi sensor wasn't as secured as the Face ID.

Price wise the xr is more expensive than the g8
xr is more updated than the x processor wise

Lg can't use underdisplay fingerprint sensor because there's already a speaker under the screen that vibrates the whole screen which would disrupt the under optical sensor of the fingerprint
And also there are other variants of lg g8 that don't have a fingerprint sensor

The g series are compared to the s series
the v series are compared to the Note series

The same procedure of face unlock in xr is similar to x I can't say the same for 11 because I haven't used it for long
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by emae009(m): 9:44am On Oct 03, 2020
olujosh301:

Price wise the xr is more expensive than the g8
xr is more updated than the x processor wise

Lg can't use underdisplay fingerprint sensor because there's already a speaker under the screen that vibrates the whole screen which would disrupt the under optical sensor of the fingerprint
And also there are other variants of lg g8 that don't have a fingerprint sensor

The g series are compared to the s series
the v series are compared to the Note series

The same procedure of face unlock in xr is similar to x I can't say the same for 11 because I haven't used it for long

You're making valid point but you're missing the whole picture of what we were talking.
He said that iPhone was still using the same notch design of 2017 of which I explained to him that the design is necessary for the Face ID.
I then implied that Apple Face ID is best face unlock system in smartphones. He countered that it wasn't the best, that there's no overall best.
The crux of the matter is: Face unlock is a form of security. Android flagships are issuing a disclaimer about their face unlock tech and Apple is using their Face ID as the main opponent of their security. how is Apple Face ID not the best face unlock system at the moment?

You said the G8 is faster, Pixel 4 is using 2 Facial recognition cameras and is also very fast but it's not secure as the Face ID so if the main function of the Face unlock is security, how is Face ID not the best?

3 Likes

Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by olujosh301(m): 9:52am On Oct 03, 2020
emae009:

You're making valid point but you're missing the whole picture of what we were talking.
He said that iPhone was still using the same notch design of 2017 of which I explained to him that the design is necessary for the Face ID.
I then implied that Apple Face ID is best face unlock system in smartphones. He countered that it wasn't the best, that there's no overall best.
The crux of the matter is: Face unlock is a form of security. Android flagships are issuing a disclaimer about their face unlock tech and Apple is using their Face ID as the main opponent of their security. how is Apple Face ID not the best face unlock system at the moment?

You said the G8 is faster, Pixel 4 is using 2 Facial recognition cameras and is also very fast but it's not secure as the Face ID so if the main function of the Face unlock is security, how is Face ID not the best?

I am not missing the point I said earlier that based on the usage of the the lg g8 and the last iphone I used I prefer the g8

That's my own opinion period
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by emae009(m): 11:15am On Oct 03, 2020
olujosh301:

I am not missing the point I said earlier that based on the usage of the the lg g8 and the last iphone I used I prefer the g8

That's my own opinion period

Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Flytime: 11:18am On Oct 03, 2020
Calabar1stSon:
The point is it has been available on the Android platform long before now! Pixel runs on Android!
it was not until android 8 it was open,it used to be buried in the settings I know,but it wasn't secure even the open one isn't still secure except you but expensive models but it's still not as secured as that of the iphone which is the point
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 03, 2020
Bonatheripper:
Op believe me when I tell u

Those idiots and goats commenting have never used or can't afford and iPhone

Forget about those useless childish features

iPhone is the best phone on earth

It's not about features at all

It's about how well the phone handles those features

No matter how Android users brag they'll still beg iPhone 5c users to use their camera and take one picture

The truth is bitter but it must be spoken.

Ride on bruv!
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Flytime: 1:58pm On Oct 03, 2020
kmaster007:
you think... guess ur using one... so, wat d diffrt.... u hv to confuse me
right now i coilcould only think of long term support,speed,fluidity and better hardware and software integration,better eco system

It all comes down to preference plus you know other advantages add those to the list
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by kmaster007: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2020
Flytime:
right now i coilcould only think of long term support,speed,fluidity and better hardware and software integration,better eco system

It all comes down to preference plus you know other advantages add those to the list
I ear you
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Jung(m): 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2020
See plenty argument on top iPhone and android.

Well for me sha, itel A56 is a good midrange phone you'll definitely enjoy using!!
If you see iPhone, good for you.

If you use android, good for you too.

Sheath your swords and manage what you have.

Anyways all phones from iphone 8plus downwards are like android phones now sha lmfao. Ain't so great anymore.

Home button iPhone users right now didn't buy those phones brand new. At least a very high number of them.

So I think they should not contribute to the argument.

Love and light grin
Re: No Smart Phone Can Be Compared To Iphone??? by Flytime: 8:04pm On Oct 03, 2020
Jung:
See plenty argument on top iPhone and android.

Well for me sha, itel A56 is a good midrange phone you'll definitely enjoy using!!
If you see iPhone, good for you.

If you use android, good for you too.

Sheath your swords and manage what you have.

Anyways all phones from iphone 8plus downwards are like android phones now sha lmfao. Ain't so great anymore.

Home button iPhone users right now didn't buy those phones brand new. At least a very high number of them.

So I think they should not contribute to the argument.

Love and light grin
sorry to say but your statement about the users with home button was dumb

I mean an iphone is an iphone new or used

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Free Unlimited Download For Your Mobile Phones / Blackberry Storm 9530 Touchscreen @ 58k / Latest Phones In Town (brand New)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.