Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary (11810 Views)

Jonathan, Mama Peace Join Buhari At Eagles Square For 60th Independence Parade / Arewa Celebrates 60th Independence Day In A Cute Way (Photos) / FG Declares October 1 Public Holiday To Mark 60th Independence Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 01, 2020
Something nice to Nigeria as we mark 60th anniversary undecided(just did. How about that?)
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 01, 2020
Mosetgg:
My response to the question about what I have learnt and benefited as a Nigerian from Nigeria.

I have learnt tribalism,

mentality of division,

religion intolerance,

struggles in it maximum quantity, even to withdraw my own money from the bank.

skills in manipulation from my beloved leaders,
lying tongues,

blind argument without facts,

holier than thou from Mr righteousness and his kinship.

Where I learnt the skills that a very poor "man of God" with no work can make himself a billionaire overnight by symbolizing himself as a giver of prosperity and creation of opportunities if a man who is working and toiling day and night can depart some of or all his money or property to bless the "man of God" so that more prosperity and opportunities can reach him while still hustling day and night on the street, but all glory and testimony would be returned to the "man of God" at the end of the day irrespective of the outcome.

"Thank you papa for your rigorous labour on me" is always their slogan.

Fear of uncertainty, e.g fear that power can go off at anytime while using it. Thank you Nigeria.

Hunger is like second nature here in Nigeria.

Lecturer that delight joy in failing students.

mentality of acquiring plenty properties as a means of validating one has wealth.

That education here is one means of stealing the most active and the most productive years away from the youth after years of struggling to gain admission only to be trapped in the unending contract of graduating. Thanks to lecturers and ASSU vs. FG.

Skills to survive with one meal in a day, 0-1-0 only Nigerian can fully relate.

That ladies get married expecting the man to provide all what her father and great great grandfather never dreamt of providing for their wives.

That police find zeal and passion to pursue and arrest yahoo boys for proper and equal share of the money.

I am learning that a leopard can change its spot, though I'm still learning that, after all General Buhari took off his military uniform and is now in agbada with perfect character to match as a Democratically elected President.

That to get peoples vote with their joy and happiness, just throw 200 naira in their way and leave them to pick it up, in that process of picking it up, they exchange their brain with bread.

That no one care whether you are a hero while alive, you can only become a "hero" while you are dead and that death most be brutal, brutish and nasty. Bola Ige comes to mind, Femi Kuti comes to mind, Awolowo comes to mind, Biafrans war casualties comes to mind, Odi community comes to mind etc.

And making hero out of you is to create another embezzling channels to fill their full stomach.
That there is a provision under the constitution of Nigeria that joyfully allows a one day marriage to be dissolved if any partner to it alleged the other of cheating, nagging, hatred, poverty, assault, molestation, adultery and not producing any children.

The word they use for it dissolving is that "the marriage has broken down irretrievably".

But the same country will refuse with full arms and political strategies to denial the break away of a forceful marriage imposed by a white man with extorting mentality not to break away after experiencing in all aspect 60 years of cheating, nagging, hatred, poverty, assault, molestation, adultery, death, corruption, nepotism, tribalism, fear, hunger, poor system of education and no visible evidence of producing any tangible innovation neither now nor in future.

My " country " Nigeria is the home like rivers flowing with milk and honey but only a few section with this milk and honey feed one larger section with no milk nor honey thereby denying the milk and honey section their growth, their wealth, their happiness, their confidence, the bright future of their youth, the full control of their giving resources.

This sections with milk and honey is now becoming malnourish, stressed, slow, mentally and physically exhausting.

Sections with milk and honey groan for freedom and liberty!!!

The petition of struggles that would see the dissolution of this forceful marriage of manipulation and death is drafted imminent.

Truly, as said by the number two person in the political ladder of Nigeria politics,

"There is cracks in the wall of Nigeria..."

but no matter how we try to manipulate the "rebuilding", the "rebuilding" would eventually lead to more cracks and terrible fall because you cannot use a super glue in place of a cement to hold a block of stone in building.

Neither have we any inheritance again in our own land,

To your tent O Biafra, to your tent O Oduduwa!

Yorubas are the enemies of progress in the West Africa Sub region.
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by splendid19: 11:32am On Oct 01, 2020
NIGERIA na WRONG number... #9ja@60yrs in wilderness
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by NobleSeed(m): 11:33am On Oct 01, 2020
Naija go better
Even if no be for this our generation but alas it will be better.
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by EllemGiggy: 11:33am On Oct 01, 2020
If you treats me nice you won't have to ask me before I say something nice to or about you.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by simfrost90210: 11:34am On Oct 01, 2020
babaolofin:
Yorubas are fools, Yorubas are sophisticated morons . Yorubas are slaves. Those are my 60 years birthday greetings to Nigeria.

In June 2018 when Mr Nnanna Ochereome called Yorubas Sophisticated Morons, I spent 3 days on Nairaland and other social media to fight him
because I thought it has not gotten to that level, but now, I tender my unreserved apology to him. I am very sorry sir, what you saw, I did not see
not until recently, unknown and Irrelevant people gather under YAF and YCE to display the characters associated with the names you gave to yorubas.

The Yorubas have become very irrelevant continually. The late Oba of Benin, out of disbelieve to the characters of the Yorubas rewrote the Benin History and said Oodua is a Benin Prince who committed an offence and ran to Ile Ife, this is contrary to centuries historical records.. We have various 2018, 2019 manipulated histories of Yoruba ancestry which called them Yoruba - son of slaves, we have the IBOs historical versions of Afonja - all these histories and names are borne out of frustration from Southern People who felt bitter being on the same geographical bloc with Yorubas. The South East and South people are very bitter with the Yorubas because of Nigeria.

60 years anniversary, Nigeria's Annual Budget is almost the same with University of California's Annual Budget. UCLA is not constructing roads or railway lines or providing Health care or Water resources or constructing gas pipelines, the University is not maintaining National Assembly budget, their budget is just for Education and Research, yet almost equal or at times more than Nigeria Budget.

We all know the solution to move forward.
sad this is one very deep piece of write up here

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by whytediamond(m): 11:34am On Oct 01, 2020
Muna4real:

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

Amen. Munachimso!
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by RoyalTerrorist(m): 11:35am On Oct 01, 2020
This is what we re facing

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by West2019(m): 11:36am On Oct 01, 2020
it shall never be well.for any leader that contributed to dey down fall.of this great Nation ,Buhari, should resign
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by adegbenga80592: 11:37am On Oct 01, 2020
I wish God's assistance on Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 01, 2020
Nigeria @ 60 still eating from the feeding bottle.
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by yemmywesey(m): 11:40am On Oct 01, 2020
Nigeria can never be a nationhood, as far as fulanis feels Nigeria is a quest to own, see that idiot senator sada soli that want to foist water bill on us, fulanis will stay in maradi Niger and be ruling Nigeria from there. God go punish obasanjo and some yoruba leaders that didn't support ojukwu after the troops reached ore, obj sold south to the fulanis due to greediness and he vehemently reject abiola to become president.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by abidem4real: 11:44am On Oct 01, 2020
It shall be well with her and all her inhabitants.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by Jaqenhghar: 11:52am On Oct 01, 2020
sorry
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by Lovelive: 11:55am On Oct 01, 2020
ecolime:
Nothing good to say.

My prayer this day is that, may God give those looting us dry problems money cannot solve.

Shout out to everyone toiling and pushing hard to earn a decent living. May God bless your hustle.
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by EASTERNPOL: 11:56am On Oct 01, 2020
Their is nothing good to say about Nigeria.
Fulani has destroyed the country, it would've been better we sign "MOU" for them to own the oil and governance but allow us to be in charge of our future, what are we celebrating, Nigeria is not a free country,

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by erospecial: 11:57am On Oct 01, 2020
Nigeria is evil and may evil rot in hell soon!!!

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by PlainSight(m): 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2020
Despite the problems facing Nigeria and Nigerians I wish everyone a sweet independence.God shall expose all the CRIMINALS that brought us this infamy

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by ViktorCash: 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2020
Rubbish angry
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by OdenKelechi(m): 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2020
My something nice is that, as this shit hole has reached retirement age, let's start afresh. Or they should gimme my portion lemme sell it and relocate
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by temi1290: 12:34pm On Oct 01, 2020
Father please come and take over the affairs of Nigeria
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by zudozz: 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2020
God will punish all our leaders both past and present and thunder will fire all our corrupt politicians!
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by Jermat20(m): 12:44pm On Oct 01, 2020
No matter the situation of my country (Nigeria) I'm still proud of her (Nigeria)

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by suremanpatriot: 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2020
Thank God Almighty for Nigeria seeing this day and intact despite hot tensions caused by evil politicians who are manipulation gullible citizens not to understand what is really the solution to Nigeria problems.Halleluya!cheesy

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by suremanpatriot: 1:09pm On Oct 01, 2020
Jermat20:
No matter the situation of my country (Nigeria) I'm still proud of her (Nigeria)
Abi even monkey pikin lik em mama no matter what! grin
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by Olatemiseeni24: 1:11pm On Oct 01, 2020
Nigeria is a home of scammer
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by poweredcom(m): 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2020
Nigeria should just be serious toward it's citizens life
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by Igboboy59(m): 1:22pm On Oct 01, 2020
Let the good will of God be done on this country Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by themanderon: 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2020
kolinz01:
We should cultivate a habit of selflessness individually.
Every one is complaining about Nigeria being "bad", but what have you done to put a change to that? You can't continue to do the same thing overtime and expect a different result!
You complain about the wrong "person/group or people" being in power, how about you vote in the right person when the time comes!?
I like to be very optimistic and I have a feeling that Nigeria would be better if we decide to make a positive difference in our own individual way around our locality.
God bless Nigeria.

What about the ones we voted and these same devils sent thugs to snatch our votes and rigged themselves back in and when you protest about such you are killed. What do you do in such a situation?
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by samwillyco1(m): 1:37pm On Oct 01, 2020
God free the nation's within Nigeria, if Nigeria continues like this in Jesus Name I have prayed AMEN.
Re: Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary by Katlyst(m): 1:39pm On Oct 01, 2020
Hmmmmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Marketers Say Tough Times As Petrol Hits N200/litre / ECOWAS Presidents To Meet On Single Currency Regime Dec. 21 / Marafa: Yari & I Haven't Joined PDP Just Yet But We Are Leaving APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.