Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,629 members, 7,816,592 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War (474 Views)

Beware Of Any Candidate Who Comes In The Name Of Fighting Corruption / Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century / APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by dukeprince50: 11:07am On Oct 01, 2020
So I watched a program on Nat Geo Wild and I saw how monkeys, having different clans fought territorial war against other clans, it was so interesting but there were casualties.

Then I thought of Syria war which was fought in 21st century and there was a whole lot of difference between these two war.

While there is a winner when monkeys clash, there is never a victor when humans fight civil war in this present time, forget 1960

What Wikipedia will tell you about Syrian war is that The Syrian civil war is an ongoing multi-sided civil war in
Syria fought between the Ba'athist Syrian Arab Republic led by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad , along with domestic and foreign allies, and various domestic and foreign forces opposing both the Syrian government and each other in varying combinations.

But we all know that is not true, yes the people of Syria started the war and gave way to foreign countries, these countries didn't come to help, what they did was hide under the shadows of Syrian govt and revolutionaries and try to use Syria as a land to train their military powers and take their natural resources

First they(foreign powers) came into Syria and killed every opposition male youth capable of protesting, Yes, there is no male youth in Syria, not even one... There is no single standing building in the country. Damascus that was once a beautiful place is now like a cemetery.

Then they took the children and women as refugees, these women lost their husbands, their energetic male youths. All you see in refugees camp are women and children below the age of 14, show me any male child of 20yrs and above in refugees camp, there is none.

Some of these children, especially the females are sold of as sex slaves but few are lucky to escape and u see them begging in other countries. If u travel a lot, u may have seen few in Nigeria streets, if u try to tell them to show u their parents that u wish to adopt them, they will run away, knowing what they went through in the hands of their masters and will never believe you.

Only those rich men who forced them to war are capable of leaving the countries but the poor ones and mid class will have their fate in the hands of other countries, either as refugees or are being killed on sight.

Those that started the war wish to end the war but the power to end the war is no more in their hands, and the war is now 9yrs old.

A slow progressing country is better than a desert

u may think u want to fight for ur unborn generation but just a little mistake and there will be no place for that unborn generation to live.

meanwhile a country in west Africa is thinking of fighting a war, make ona wait first make I get small money so I fit run comot cos as a male youth, I know I'll never become a refugee but I'll be killed on sight.

one is already a citizen of Israel, the other is already capable of flying out whenever he wants, Even if u dont like urself, wat about your children, your mother, your sisters? Do you have any idea of what will become of them because of your foolishness?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 01, 2020
grin

Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by Justice35: 11:21am On Oct 01, 2020
Yen yen yen......still waiting for pictures of oduduscam protest... grin
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by gidgiddy: 11:50am On Oct 01, 2020
The only people who talk about war are Nigerians. They want to fight war for their fraudulent 'one Nigeria'

Others are talking about referendum
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by dukeprince50: 11:52am On Oct 01, 2020
gidgiddy:
The only people who talk about war are Nigerians. They want to fight war for their fraudulent 'one Nigeria'

Others are talking about referendum
I really don't know neither do I care who is talking about war but I think war should be our last resort, infact, it shouldn't even be in the table for discussion
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by Yujin(m): 11:55am On Oct 01, 2020
dukeprince50:
So I watched a program on Nat Geo Wild and I saw how monkeys, having different clans fought territorial war against other clans, it was so interesting but there were casualties.

Then I thought of Syria war which was fought in 21st century and there was a whole lot of difference between these two war.

While there is a winner when monkeys clash, there is never a victor when humans fight civil war in this present time, forget 1960

What Wikipedia will tell you about Syrian war is that The Syrian civil war is an ongoing multi-sided civil war in
Syria fought between the Ba'athist Syrian Arab Republic led by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad , along with domestic and foreign allies, and various domestic and foreign forces opposing both the Syrian government and each other in varying combinations.

But we all know that is not true, yes the people of Syria started the war and gave way to foreign countries, these countries didn't come to help, what they did was hide under the shadows of Syrian govt and revolutionaries and try to use Syria as a land to train their military powers and take their natural resources

First they(foreign powers) came into Syria and killed every opposition male youth capable of protesting, Yes, there is no male youth in Syria, not even one... There is no single standing building in the country. Damascus that was once a beautiful place is now like a cemetery.

Then they took the children and women as refugees, these women lost their husbands, their energetic male youths. All you see in refugees camp are women and children below the age of 14, show me any male child of 20yrs and above in refugees camp, there is none.

Some of these children, especially the females are sold of as sex slaves but few are lucky to escape and u see them begging in other countries. If u travel a lot, u may have seen few in Nigeria streets, if u try to tell them to show u their parents that u wish to adopt them, they will run away, knowing what they went through in the hands of their masters and will never believe you.

Only those rich men who forced them to war are capable of leaving the countries but the poor ones and mid class will have their fate in the hands of other countries, either as refugees or are being killed on sight.

Those that started the war wish to end the war but the power to end the war is no more in their hands, and the war is now 9yrs old.

A slow progressing country is better than a desert

u may think u want to fight for ur unborn generation but just a little mistake and there will be no place for that unborn generation to live.

meanwhile a country in west Africa is thinking of fighting a war, make ona wait first make I get small money so I fit run comot cos as a male youth, I know I'll never become a refugee but I'll be killed on sight.

one is already a citizen of Israel, the other is already capable of flying out whenever he wants, Even if u dont like urself, wat about your children, your mother, your sisters? Do you have any idea of what will become of them because of your foolishness?
Then support the push for a referendum. Let's decide peacefully. We have never sought for your land. We just want to control our land and build it as we wish without any hindrance.

1 Like

Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by IamWonderful: 11:56am On Oct 01, 2020
Ok I hope igbos shouting coward up and down can this with open mindedness
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by dukeprince50: 11:58am On Oct 01, 2020
Yujin:

Then support the push for a referendum. Let's decide peacefully. We have never sought for your land. We just want to control our land and build it as we wish without any hindrance.
This isn't the topic of discussion, I have no problem with referendum that is why I didn't say anything about it, but the latest revolution and stopping of police vehicles and throwing bottles at them by the Ipob group, killing of unharmed protesters by the police, etc is not helping the future
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by Yujin(m): 11:58am On Oct 01, 2020
We're currently monitoring the war in the lower Caucasus between Armenia and Azerbaijan. This is the latest mode of warfare. Wars are usually the last resort. We don't wish for war but if that's the last option then so be it. We want to control our land where any terrorist that crosses the border to rape or kill our people in the bush will be skinned alive publicly on national TV.
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by History555: 11:59am On Oct 01, 2020
Op, can you explain why nations all over the world spend

Billions of dollars buying arms, building, maintaining and

upgrading the military.
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by Yujin(m): 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2020
dukeprince50:
This isn't the topic of discussion, I have no problem with referendum that is why I didn't say anything about it, but the latest revolution and stopping of police vehicles and throwing bottles at them by the Ipob group, killing of unharmed protesters by the police, etc is not helping the future
They've always started it. We do protest peacefully but the trigger happy security officials in Nigeria believe they can kill our people with reckless abandon. Gone are those days.
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by dukeprince50: 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2020
History555:
Op, can you explain why nations all over the world spend

Billions of dollars buying arms, building, maintaining and

upgrading the military.
Yes, they do it to prepare for any invading country and also to keep peace in their own country, no country will buy weapon and decide to fight in it's land, I watched documentary of Russian military power, all they talk about is that they are prepared to counter attack any country that decides to attack them and are prepared for an alien invasion if there is any.
They didn't talk about how to start a civil war in the 2hrs documentary
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by Yujin(m): 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2020
IamWonderful:
Ok I hope igbos shouting coward up and down can this with open mindedness
No reasonable human should be comfortable with the way Nigeria is. Syria and Libya's cases are different. Nigeria's case is local colonialism together with forceful religious subjugation. It's equivalent to modern day slavery. I'd rather die becoming a free man than living as a slave.
Come to think of it... The problem in Nigeria is just fulanis and Kanuris lording it over 100million people simply by manipulating them. It's just easy to see.
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by dukeprince50: 12:08pm On Oct 01, 2020
Yujin:

No reasonable human should be comfortable with the way Nigeria is. Syria and Libya's cases are different. Nigeria's case is local colonialism together with forceful religious subjugation. It's equivalent to modern day slavery. I'd rather die becoming a free man than living as a slave.
Come to think of it... The problem in Nigeria is just fulanis and Kanuris lording it over 100million people simply by manipulating them. It's just easy to see.
being a Nigerian is better than a refugee, stop thinking you will be spared.
In refugees camp, they decide when you will sleep, what you will eat, how you live, where you live but its not same thing as being a Nigerian. But do not worry, its your mother, and your female siblings that will enjoy all the aforementioned privileges of a refugee, u will be killed as a young man and if you have a beautiful sister, not minding her age, she may be sold as sex slave but if luck is on her side, she will escape and become a beggar in another country, but u have nothing to worry about, u will not be alive to see her suffer like this
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by Yujin(m): 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2020
dukeprince50:
In refugees camp, they decide when you will sleep, what you will eat, how you live, where you live but its not same thing as being a Nigerian. But do not worry, its your mother, and your female siblings that will enjoy all the aforementioned privileges of a refugee, u will be killed as a young man and if you have a beautiful sister, not minding her age, she may be sold as sex slave but if luck is on her side, she will escape and become a beggar in another country, but u have nothing to worry about, u will not be alive to see her suffer like this
Ok be prepared to die a slave because the local colonialists have no other continent to go back to. It's either you fight him to go back to his own side of Nigeria or you lose your own land and freedom to him. Make your choice.
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by Yujin(m): 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2020
dukeprince50:
If that's all you see then you're certainly not alive at present. Wars will never cease as long as oppressors continue to be greedy. What has reduced drastically is senseless wars like that of WW1 and Vietnam.
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by dukeprince50: 12:17pm On Oct 01, 2020
Yujin:

Ok be prepared to die a slave because the local colonialism has no where to go back to. It's either you fight him to go back to his own side of Nigeria or you lose your own land and freedom to him. Make your choice.
How am I a slave? I eat what I want, travel to wherever I want, sleep whenever I wish to, have romantic relationship with whoever I like and agreed to date me, laugh when I want.
which slave are you talking about? if its about who leads the country, then that's not slavery, cos even in USA, many do not like the president but he's still the leader, that doesn't mean they are slaves
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by dukeprince50: 12:20pm On Oct 01, 2020
Insulting Nigeria cos of her present status and not on par with the big guys despite the age is like insulting you father cos he's not like Otedola
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by Yujin(m): 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
dukeprince50:
How am I a slave? I eat what I want, travel to wherever I want, sleep whenever I wish to, have romantic relationship with whoever I like and agreed to date me, laugh when I want.
which slave are you talking about? if its about who leads the country, then that's not slavery, cos even in USA, many do not like the president but he's still the leader, that doesn't mean they are slaves
Lol. So you can't see the flood approaching? You will only believe when you're directly affected? Wait let them complete that rail line going to Niger... You'll see it then. Didn't we warn you 5yrs ago? Did you believe us? Why do you think they're releasing terrorists as repentant but kill your likes - 'the peaceful ones'? Are you under a spell? When men like T.Y Danjuma have openly said that these Nigerian Army under the fulanis are colluding with the killers to kill innocent villagers yet you can't smell the coffee. Have you ever studied what happened in the old Sudan which led to the creation of a new country? Can't you see from the forceful land acquisition they attempted last year? Wake up Mr. Man.
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by Abasman008(m): 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2020
War is being cooked... It'll be done soon...
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by Yujin(m): 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2020
dukeprince50:
Insulting Nigeria cos of her present status and not on par with the big guys despite the age is like insulting you father cos he's not like Otedola
I know you're Yoruba as against your numerous claims of being from the SS. Your allegory is totally wrong. Go and watch Ahmadu Bello's video where he was interviewed in the early 60s. That alone will tell you that Nigeria was never meant to be. If a supposed Nigerian will publicly say he prefers an expatriate over a fellow Nigerian in his locality simply because of the region from where he originated, then you would see that there was a foundational fault already.
Face reality Mr man.
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by dokie: 1:26pm On Oct 01, 2020
dukeprince50:

Wars have been fought from time immemorial and wars would be fought till the end of time.

Wars are devastating no doubt, but nations emerge and become better after them.

Another Nigerian civil war should be avoided by every means necessary except maintaining the current status quo.

The calamity you wish to avoid by avoiding a war is being dispensed in installments under the current status quo: people are dying by the gun, women are being turned to sex slaves, others are living in idp camps etc. Everything that happens in a war like situation is happening piecemeal in Nigeria today without an end in sight.

The only difference is that during a war proper, the killings and other ills will happen wholesale. But, when the war comes to an end, the problems of the present Nigeria will be gone, and those who are alive will face emerging problems armed with the experience of hindsight.

Two things we should avoid at all cost: a war, and the status quo.
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by gudia3933: 1:34pm On Oct 01, 2020
Op, can you explain why countries all over the country spendBillions of bucks buying weapons, renovation, keeping and upgrading the army.
Re: In 21st Century, Only Monkeys Still Think Of Fighting War by dukeprince50: 4:00pm On Oct 01, 2020
gudia3933:
Op, can you explain why countries all over the country spendBillions of bucks buying weapons, renovation, keeping and upgrading the army.
The answer was already explained in this thread, try to read

(1) (Reply)

While We Fight Over Them, They Party Together.be Wise. / Nobel Laurete Winner Wole Soyinka Vs. Chinua Achebe: We Have Settled The Matter! / Ondo Election 2020: Pdp's Eyitayo Arrives Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.