Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea (71613 Views)

GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger / Ten Normal Things You Can't Buy Or Possess In North Korea / Top4 Strange Things About Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by solmus: 10:41am On Oct 02, 2020
KingAzubuike:

They might not be propaganda. There are alot of documentaries I watched on natgeo about NK. Undercover agents with the aid of secret cams. Some of those things are real.

Some are real some are fake news

Imagine NatGeo a network whose HQ is domiciled in Washington DC America, and it's CEO is an American by the name Gary Knell

The very day North Korea surrenders it's nuclear program to US, and bows to Western Supremacist the very day US would start painting them differently

26 Likes

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by EXOUSIAng: 10:45am On Oct 02, 2020
Yaldee:
So the only good thing in north korea is nuclear weapons. Still better than some place in west africa
Your Village I guess.
hate is a disease don't let it ruin your life

10 Likes

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 02, 2020
solmus:

Some are real some are fake news

Imagine NatGeo a network whose HQ is domiciled in Washington DC America, and it's CEO is an American by the name Gary Knell

The very day North Korea surrenders it's nuclear program to US, and bows to Western Supremacist the very day US would start painting them differently

Sorry, the US is not going to take over NK

1.China won;t let them

2.Russia won't let them

3.South Korea won't let them....because it means that the South Koreans would be taking over NK, which means they have to spend trillions of dollrs briging up NK to SK's standards

A word aboout Korean reunification. Many think it would be like German reunification, forgetting that West Germany spent a trillion dollars on the East in the first ten years ofreunification.

NK reunifyng with South kprea would coat 5 trillion in the first few years...and that's the optimist's estimaation...plus the money will continue to rise as the years go on.

4.Japan won't let them

China and Russia have large Korean minorites, and those ones would want to join their brethern in case of reunification...especially in CHINA.And the last thing Chinawants is another separatist movement

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:51am On Oct 02, 2020
This is so harsh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:51am On Oct 02, 2020
solmus:

Oh it isn't so... I have had privilege of chatting NorthKorean Hackers, and counterfeiters on Darkweb with the aide of a translator, they are even more sufisticated than Russian and Ukrainian hackers, and their prices are cheap

Now before I started using deepweb, I was of the opinion that NorthKoreans are completely locked out of internet, and they all leave in labour camps

The NorthKorean was also of the impression that Nigeria was an undeveloped rural village with huts , malnourished kids, HIV everywhere

Good morning sir. How can I connect to you ??. I want you to tutor me on somethings. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:53am On Oct 02, 2020
lazypenguin2000:

Those hackers work for a government office called Room 39. Their job...to raise money for the Kims

They don't work in the country, most of them are based in China.

Most of NK uses a self contained intranet. CAN'T have them exposed to dangerous ideas.. wink

Good morning sir. How can I connect to you ??. I want you to tutor me on somethings. Thanks
Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 02, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Sorry,i am not a computer savvy person, so can't help. Apologies.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by solmus: 10:56am On Oct 02, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Ok sir ... Comment your Email on one of your threads and quote me , I'll contact you

1 Like

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:56am On Oct 02, 2020
lazypenguin2000:

Sorry,i am not a computer savvy person, so can't help. Apologies.

Ok
Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:59am On Oct 02, 2020
solmus:

Ok sir ... Comment your Email on one of your threads and quote me , I'll contact you

Ok
Will do that right away. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by solmus: 11:05am On Oct 02, 2020
lazypenguin2000:

Sorry, the US is not going to take over NK

1.China won;t let them

2.Russia won't let them

3.South Korea won't let them....because it means that the South Koreans would be taking over NK, which means they have to spend trillions of dollrs briging up NK to SK's standards

A word aboout Korean reunification. Many think it would be like German reunification, forgetting that West Germany spent a trillion dollars on the East in the first ten years ofreunification.

NK reunifyng with South kprea would coat 5 trillion in the first few years...and that's the optimist's estimaation...plus the money will continue to rise as the years go on.

4.Japan won't let them

China and Russia have large Korean minorites, and those ones would want to join their brethern in case of reunification...especially in CHINA.And the last thing Chinawants is another separatist movement

Not disputing some of your facts

But

I think the main reason US won't take over Iran in the middle East and North Korea in the Korean Peninsula, or even broker a meaningful peace deal is , US benefit greatly from all this conflicts as it cost some of this panicking Countries Billions to secure access to US Defense either through weapons or continuous running of various US base accross the regions

Seoul coughs out between $1bn to $5bn for just a single US anti Missile Defense system just to feel secured from Kim,

UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Oman and many Gulf countries fork out billions in cash to run US base and get weapons while Isrealis give research and some technology all to keep them safe from their enemies

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by Goldeno(m): 11:07am On Oct 02, 2020
lazypenguin2000:

I wish it was, but no

NK is an absolute dictatorship. Ruled for the beneft of the Kims and the Kims alone.
have you been to N.Korea before undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 02, 2020
solmus:

Not disputing some of your facts

But

I think the main reason US won't take over Iran in the middle East and North Korea in the Korean Peninsula, or even broker a meaningful peace deal is , US benefit greatly from all this conflicts as it cost some of this panicking Countries Billions to secure access to US Defense either through weapons or continuous running of various US base accross the regions

Seoul coughs out between $1bn to $5bn for just a single US anti Missile Defense system just to feel secured from Kim,

UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Oman and many Gulf countries fork out billions in cash to run US base and get weapons while Isrealis give research and some technology all to keep them safe from their enemies

The Kims don't want to even leave power. Reunifiying with SK...unless they are in charge, doesn't appeal to them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 02, 2020
Goldeno:
have you been to N.Korea before undecided

No, and I don't want to . (Al foreign visitors are assigned a minder, and you can't travel freely in the country, and you must vissit a pre-approved list of sites, and you must bow before the statues of the Supreme and Dear leader....)

But i have read extensively on North Korea. It's part of my wider interest in communist and formerly communist countries...something that began with a biography of Lenin i read when I was very young.

And yes, I think the US has done a lot of bad and evil things. I also beleive that NK is run by tyrants.

12 Likes

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by Goldeno(m): 11:20am On Oct 02, 2020
lazypenguin2000:

No, and I don't want to . (Al foreign visitors are assigned a minder, and you can't travel freely in the country, and you must vissit a pre-approved list of sites, and you must bow before the statues of the Supreme and Dear leader....)

But i have read extensively on North Korea. It's part of my wider interest in communist and formerly communist countries...something that began with a biography of Lenin i read when I was very young.

And yes, I think the US has done a lot of bad and evil things. I also beleive that NK is run by tyrants.

More was said about Libya's Gaddafi until he was killed

so until you visit N.Korea and stay there for a while, you shouldn't go propagating falsehood.

that's how somebody who's never been to North or S.East and will come here and be spewing tribalistic bullshit

12 Likes

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by solmus: 11:21am On Oct 02, 2020
lazypenguin2000:

The Kims don't want to even leave power. Reunifiying with SK...unless they are in charge, doesn't appeal to them

The Kim don't have to leave power, Democracy is not for all, Monarchy and Communism has favoured many countries and western democracy is still throwing many people off

The truth is majority of North Koreans are not fools and they know what they want and what style of Government they prefer hence no nationwide complain , just handful of defectors conniving with the west

10 Likes

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by Denique(f): 11:22am On Oct 02, 2020
Vianna:
Sanitary pads and tampons are not available in North Korea

Women result in using re usable fabrics or cloths. They simply use, wash and reuse again.

Ehnnnnn?!! Stop it!! angry
Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by Angelnath(m): 11:22am On Oct 02, 2020
The kim family are sharp people, all those law are put in place to stop the citizens from thinking about revolution or even plan a coop...
an hungry man is a weak and sober man

16 Likes

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by Denique(f): 11:26am On Oct 02, 2020
Vianna:
5. Cold noodles are commonly served on wedding days
It is quite usual for someone on a wedding day to ask: “when can I eat your cold noodles?” which just sounds like a horrible innuendo to us.
As if there weren’t enough rules, you cannot hold a wedding whenever you fancy in North Korea. They are usually only held in the spring and autumn.
Korean newlyweds must visit the statue of Kim Il-sung on their wedding day to honour it with flowers and then take pictures. Also you can forget about having a honeymoon. Weddings are also prohibited when Kim has an upcoming important event. People also cannot marry on 15th April or 16th February because these are the birthdays of former leaders Kim Il-Sung and Kim Jong-Il.
On those days you can sit and think about how great your glorious leaders are instead!

Heeeey! Mo fo o shocked

Ezzycarter coman see something grin

2 Likes

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by Denique(f): 11:27am On Oct 02, 2020
Vianna:
6: There are no condoms in North Korea
Condoms are banned from manufacture or sale in North Korea, and are blocked from entry at customs posts. That's little wonder STDs seems to be rampant in the country.

Strikeback... It's a lie! Eh!! shocked
Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 02, 2020
Goldeno:

More was said about Libya's Gaddafi until he was killed

so until you visit N.Korea and stay there for a while, you shouldn't go propagating falsehood.

that's how somebody who's never been to North or S.East and will come here and be spewing tribalistic bullshit

Have you been to North Korea?

Yo should read Lankov, and also books by Yeonmi Park, and others who actually lived there. I have. So, i know.

Just because countries oppose the US does not mean they are nice places.

FYI...things were good in Ghaddafi's Libya because Libya produces five times more oil than Nigeria and has less than 10 million people. And no one had the right to criticise their leaders as a result. What you see in Libya now is repressed anger that has built up....which is why freedom of peech is important.

And no, I did not back foreign intervention in Libya.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by EzzyCarter: 11:28am On Oct 02, 2020
Denique:

Heeeey! Mo fo o shocked

Ezzycarter coman see something grin

Lmao. I sure would love to settle down there cheesy by the way, Can I eat your cold noodles? grin

2 Likes

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by Denique(f): 11:30am On Oct 02, 2020
If this country existed before the old testament, the wicked rules would still not be excusable! Like damn!!

Hian!
Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by Denique(f): 11:31am On Oct 02, 2020
EzzyCarter:

Lmao. I sure would love to settle down there cheesy by the way, Can I eat your cold noodles grin

Kim-Chon-Chon has just denied you access tongue

1 Like

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by EzzyCarter: 11:36am On Oct 02, 2020
Denique:

Kim-Chon-Chon has just denied you access tongue

Lmao. Who born am? Lemme give him a call
Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by Denique(f): 11:37am On Oct 02, 2020
Vianna:
4.You’re only allowed to date someone if you plan on marrying them
Many things that we take for granted in the West, North Koreans are not allowed to do. This includes things like public displays of affection (including hugging and kissing, even for marries couples,) getting tattoos and having piercings.
North Korean men expect their brides to be chaste and to have been in no previous marriages. They must also be without child.
In the DPRK, if a woman gets divorced then it is always her fault and as such, she has very little chance of ever finding another husband. Domestic violence is not frowned upon and many men who abuse their wives will be supported by the government.
Again, Kim Jong-un gets a free pass to do what he likes with women. Female defectors from the country have described how school girls are pulled out of high school and taught how to become sex slaves and pleasure the notorious leader.

Kriss216 left the WhatsApp group, followed by 99thEnemy tongue

In fact, all the Alpha males left the group. I said what I said! angry

4 Likes

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by Denique(f): 11:45am On Oct 02, 2020
EzzyCarter:

Lmao. Who born am? Lemme give him a call

Nor flash am o...the guy nor get joy o angry

Imagine you were N/Korean, not only will you kiss the earth goodbye but your assets will be seized too! That I'm sure of!! E be tinz shocked

Awa own still beta o grin
Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by olasehinde35130: 12:00pm On Oct 02, 2020
:Good afternoon mister. How can I connect to you ??. I want you to tutor me on baby boomer. ThanksSorry,i am not a laptop wise woman, so can't help. regret.

1 Like

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by Kriss216: 12:03pm On Oct 02, 2020
Denique:

Kriss216 left the WhatsApp group, followed by 99thEnemy tongue
In fact, all the Alpha males left the group. I said what I said angry
Lol
Must all dates lead to marriage?

1 Like

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by Denique(f): 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2020
Kriss216:

Lol
Must all dates lead to marriage?

Kim thinks so...

1 Like

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by EzzyCarter: 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2020
Denique:

Nor flash am o...the guy nor get joy o angry

Awa own still better

@Bold lmao ya crazy grin grin why would I flash him sad

You sure say our own better sha?

Re: Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea by Kriss216: 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2020
Denique:

Kim thinks so...
Abeg leave that Jew man.
How are you today ?

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why North Korea 'Ghost Ships' Wash Up In Japan Full Of Dead Bodies (Pics) / Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) / Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.