Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,791 members, 7,813,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? (2229 Views)

Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week / Did You Do This In Your Secondary School Days? / What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by Omuneizzy6(m): 10:03am On Oct 03, 2020
For those of you who are done with your Programs, what was your major source of finance during your Educational pursuit.
How did you manage to get your Tuition fees, Textbooks, Handout, project, Apartment etc.

What was your major source?

6 Likes

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by Legalcriminal: 10:20am On Oct 03, 2020
Just link up with Geez and be selling weeds. You will never go broke grin

And make bombing your side hustle.

A Good Samaritan should wake me up if this post hit FP so I can cash out my first FTC.

4 Likes

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by osamz007: 10:26am On Oct 03, 2020
parents
God bless all parents out there INSPITE of difficulties

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 03, 2020
Legalcriminal:
Just link up with Geez and be selling weeds. You will never go broke grin
That na hard business, you go sweat b4 your connection go reach something.
All my guys wey dey sell weed dey broke.
One of them dey thief join.
One na chronic gambler.
Na another one wey introduce me to impersonation for exam.
I use that one chop for some time b4 them nearly catch me, since then,I no do again.
Sporty bet done Barb my head,but Aluta continua.grin
Online marketing na better scam.
I try to run projects and term papers but I too lazy.
The best hustle na make your sponsors get money.

17 Likes

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by GreaterFuture1(m): 10:47am On Oct 03, 2020
No major Source, Strict Management and Brokenness were my companions.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by Emmaxy9(m): 10:51am On Oct 03, 2020
It was Freelance content writing then. I had a client who I do write articles for at a fee. But it was though my doom was planned. When I resumed one particular semester I started getting too many jobs, and yes, better clients who pay at higher rates.
But I messed everything up. Not my fault though, the school workload was tiring, would finish struggling to learn in class, attend fellowships, meetings, and come back late at night very tired.
However, I felt I could do something more. I missed the opportunities because I sourced for another worker to write for me. So I had a middleman under me. I didn’t do too well by reviewing and was sending the articles directly to client. He told me I was fired, because of the poor jobs.

Well that period was fun sha. I was never hungry

6 Likes

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by chariisGRACE(m): 11:15am On Oct 03, 2020
I never enter school yet, but i'm looking forward to selling Okrika clothes as a side hustle

9 Likes

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by Richdee1(m): 11:24am On Oct 03, 2020
Lala make this trend
Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by Columbine(m): 12:23pm On Oct 03, 2020
- some sold data

- Some did part-time at babbling saloons

- Some wrote projects for others

- Some did part-time doing photocopy, printing and bidding

- Some sold fries, writing materials in lecture halls

- Some did summeries on hard-outs, text books and sold them

- Some bought sachet water in bulk/set and resold

- Those who can make cake did, on contract

- Some bought tie in bulk and resold ( medical students)

- Some gambling ( SMH )

- Some from " my father's brother" , "my sister's husband" , my grandmother's mother, and "my grandfather's father"

- Some mended clothes and shoes

- Some sold snacks

- Some by " abeg you cook?"

- Some by " abeg borrow me 1k, I'll pay you next month"

- Some by church and fellowship donations

But one thing I know, be say hunger no fit kill student, at least not in Nigeria. we're hustlers

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by JimmyDarmody: 1:27pm On Oct 03, 2020
I learnt fashion design

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by juniorstar(m): 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2020
some did tutorials

some had some connect and sold btc

some dey sew cloth

some get dry cleaning business

some be painter

some dey sell frozen foods

some get bread and egg/ indomie joint

some dey collect sch fees from 3 relatives for 1st semester and 2nd semester!

some dey sell shoes!

some get boutique

some dey sell Gas

some dey sell pop corn

some dey fry yam and akara

some dey sell cloth, perfume, boxers, chinos

some be photographers

some get restaurants

some dey do shawama/ grilled chicken

some dey do pizza

some dey do electrician help people fix cable

some dey repair phones/laptops

some dey buy and sell fairly used electronics

some be estate agent dey find hostels for fellow students

some dey cook soup and stew/ dey do hostel delivery

some dey sell human hair and attachment

some get beer palour/mini lounge

some dey do branded sweat shirts for associations

some be MC

4 Likes

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by Richnerd69: 1:33pm On Oct 03, 2020
I sold okpa grin

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by DrBrainstorm(m): 2:52pm On Oct 03, 2020
Richnerd69:
I sold okpa grin

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by merieam16(f): 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2020
My boyfriend undecided
Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by DankemzI(m): 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2020
I did modelling for my fellow course mates that are not yet done with their drawings
Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by doggedfighter(f): 4:00pm On Oct 03, 2020
My friend
Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by Uyi168: 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2020
JimmyDarmody:
I learnt fashion design within 5 weeks and already doing a good job. Strictly male for now sha. My love for tailoring is from above.

In 5weeks.. shocked
I pity person wey go give this one cloth..

6 Likes

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by 1Sharon(f): 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2020
Uyi168:

In 5weeks..

grin

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2020
Help guys did their assignment and also exam mercinary, I was never broke but it affected my result. If you are an engineering student and you are good at engine. drawing, you will know what I'm talking about.
Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by Karlifate: 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
doggedfighter:
My ex-boyfriend
FIXED!
Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by AgentGoat: 5:00pm On Oct 03, 2020
Uyi168:

In 5weeks..
cheesy
Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by Karlifate: 5:01pm On Oct 03, 2020
Uyi168:

In 5weeks.. I pity person wey go give this one cloth..

4 Likes

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by WoeBetide666: 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2020
La cram la pour
Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by Uyi168: 5:57pm On Oct 03, 2020
Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by Abudu2000(m): 5:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
Buying and selling of street phones. Was so popular especially in engineering block. If u wanna sell ur phone same day its me, if u need any kind or type of phone same day its me, i was the fone plug

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by KingsoChuks101(m): 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2020
Artwork and Graphics
Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by jericco1(m): 7:04pm On Oct 03, 2020
I did projects, seminars and assignments for other students cool

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by alphaRego01(m): 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2020
Na God o.

I know plenty girls wey their source of income na only abakiliki club road
Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by Yinkey6(m): 7:45pm On Oct 03, 2020
1. Photography (Passport, Photoshoots.... and events)

2. I do type, print and do photocopy of various group assignments & Projects.

3. I do Usher at events/ event center alongside some caterers at party.

The thing there is that if you don't plan your activities very well it will affect your academies.

Imagine having an event to cover around the same day you're having test. Or having to complete typing some works around exam time.... �
Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by javaRookie: 8:25pm On Oct 03, 2020
Lalasticlala read public administration.

So boss how did you survive your varsity years?
We're you selling snake meat pepper soup? grin grin

Well I got a little finance from graphics design, website design, organising programming tutorials and helping CS students with programming assignments.
At least, it will be enough to hold belle...

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by javaRookie: 8:27pm On Oct 03, 2020
Uyi168:

In 5weeks..

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Major Source Of Finance During Your School Days? by zeenab(f): 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2020
chariisGRACE:
I never enter school yet, but i'm looking forward to selling Okrika clothes as a side hustle
That's what I do currently as an undergraduate. I pay my school fees and feed from it and still send my beloved mama small small change from it but mama left me some months ago. May God have mercy on her soul.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Does The Post-ume Screening Test Look Like? / Obafemi Awolowo University Pre Degree For 2009/2010 / Lasu And All Institution Under Lagos State Going On 7month Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.