Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) (72141 Views)

Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry / Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So / Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by BERNIMOORE: 12:58pm On Oct 03, 2020
That picture was his celebration when he scored the very first goal in the world cup USA 94
He pick the ball and ran into the net shouting 'I did it, I did it'
Seems like he dreamt that he will score the very first goal for naija...and it turned to be true

4 Likes

Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:00pm On Oct 03, 2020
Akukaliaa:
cry

Yekini ruined himself. He let fame and fortune get into his poor head. When he was up there he forgot his poor mother and family in Ilorin. And as soon as he fell down flat he remembered Ilorin and his poor mother.

It's too sad that Yekini left this world without royalty despite wearing numerous crowns in his lifetime.

May our sons not be like Yekini in life or Yekini in death.

Hmmm,may God forgive you.

3 Likes

Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by mu2sa2: 1:01pm On Oct 03, 2020
Yekini was a semi-illiterate but made up in life by his superlative performance on the pitch. If Yekini were playing today, he would easily win African footballer of the year. RIP, football legend.
Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by vickydevoka(m): 1:07pm On Oct 03, 2020
To be honest I hardly see ugly girls dis day on line. Everybody de perfect

1 Like

Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by dalass(f): 1:09pm On Oct 03, 2020
adenigga:
But this thread suppose occupied the first page, at least for honour.

Note: My personal opinion o!!!

Yes.
That's was great man.. True hero

R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by KayceeBen: 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2020
Habinibi:
Wow his daughter is damn pretty. It appears she is not even engaged yet.

She must be a goalkeeper.

See below.............

Contact me for you data and recharge cards at affordable price. We are still open for errands. Let us get you want you desire at the comfort of your home, while we do the job for you.

Contact me through my phone number as provided on my signature.

which LGA in sokoto
Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by Ruicosta10(m): 1:15pm On Oct 03, 2020
Sad... Nigeria is not worth it
Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by BERNIMOORE: 1:15pm On Oct 03, 2020
Akukaliaa:
cry

Yekini ruined himself. He let fame and fortune get into his poor head. When he was up there he forgot his poor mother and family in Ilorin. And as soon as he fell down flat he remembered Ilorin and his poor mother.

It's too sad that Yekini left this world without royalty despite wearing numerous crowns in his lifetime.

You are a liar.See how you're twisting stories... Thank God I was in Offa in 1994..I think you must belong to the Fathers family people that were claiming that they were responsible for his fame...and keep disturbing his mother....they Chase his mother out of family house after the death of Rasheeds father....
Rasheed built a house for her mother in Ijagbó very close to Okin biscuit's

When he retired from football... The mistake he made was that he is too rigid a man ....he allowed his father enemies to reach him again and they used diabolic power to make him lunatic... Afáa masalasi ojúurin in offa exposed all those evil family people that are claiming they can make one successful and kill the person if he abandoned them

Anyway rasheed has made his mark...I just advice the daughter to stay clear of her grandfathers family people
Kudos to Saraki who renovated the house for rasheed mother in 2018

9 Likes

Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2020
A true legend!!!... One of the players who gave Nigeria her international recognition among footballing nations!!! I miss that generation of great footballers.

1 Like

Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by sylve11: 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
Continue to journey well Legend Rashidi Yekini...... cool
Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by tot(f): 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
Akukaliaa:
cry

Stop sounding so sanctimonious. Celebrate the man and move on. Foolish comment.

4 Likes

Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by balitaaluminium(f): 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
For your roofing works, contact Balita Aluminium. we sale All kinds of Aluminium product for house roofing.
For more information, chat me up on 090-38-14-51-66 or better still check my signature.
Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by Kailalomo(m): 1:23pm On Oct 03, 2020
Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by Neddyogu(m): 1:23pm On Oct 03, 2020
Scorer of Nigeria's First ever WC goal USA' 94. Twale baba!
Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by naija4life247: 1:25pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ajibade123:
it a pity be died like that

Ajibade, you know that it is our people that killed him, I mean his village people. They got him. Too bad.
Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by naija4life247: 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
Akukaliaa:
cry

Your head no correct. Is it Rashidi you are refering to like that? Don't let me come and slap you ooo.

Rashidi is not someone to let fame get to his head. He was the modest of all humans ever created after Jesus Christ (ASW) and Prophet Muhammed (SAW). He was just too down to earth. it was village people that got him, they put spanner and screw driver in his brain and made him develop psychiatric disorders. It's sad talking about this. I need to stop here. Men don't cry.

3 Likes

Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by FRANKLINJUNIOR1(m): 1:30pm On Oct 03, 2020
RIP SIR, THOUGH I NEVER WATCHED HIM PLAY
Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by ayenale1(m): 1:31pm On Oct 03, 2020
She said greatest footballer that ever came out of Nigeria, Nigeria...are you kidding me girl?
Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by thaoriginator: 1:31pm On Oct 03, 2020
Neddyogu:
Scorer of Nigeria's First ever WC goal USA' 94. Twale baba!
O loud gaan men

Opo 'leti
Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by naija4life247: 1:31pm On Oct 03, 2020
ayenale1:
She said greatest footballer that ever came out of Nigeria, Nigeria...are you kidding me girl?

Nobody on Earth agrues this.

1 Like

Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by higgs: 1:33pm On Oct 03, 2020
RIP Rashidi Yekini.The greatest striker Nigeria has produced.
Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by Maghan37: 1:33pm On Oct 03, 2020
Rashidi Yekini is still the best Striker to ever come out of this country. Rest In Peace.

1 Like

Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by codemaniacs: 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2020
zz

1 Like

Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by johnnychuks(m): 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2020
to have a child very good, may the lord be with you my dear.
Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by asaajuomo1(m): 1:44pm On Oct 03, 2020
Akukaliaa:
cry

I disagree with you. Yekinni built a house for his Mum and took care of her. Unfortunately, he has to go through some challenges before he died.

3 Likes

Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by UdyOgwoUde(m): 1:51pm On Oct 03, 2020
vanida6:

yes your father is a legend RIP to him"

yes your father WAS a legend
Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by Freddo99(m): 1:56pm On Oct 03, 2020
nwekeugochukwu:
Late Former Super Eagles striker Rashidi Yekini has been celebrated on social media by his daughter, Yemisi Yekini.

IgbereTV reports that Yemisi took to her Twitter handle to celebrate her late father who scored Nigeria's first goal at the World Cup.

She wrote:

https://twitter.com/yemisi_xo/status/1311722395082936327?s=19

Rashidi Yekini was one of the best strikers in the world during his active playing days considering his achievements in the national team and all the clubs he played for.

Yekini scored 37 goals as a Nigeria international and represented the West African nation in five major tournaments including two World Cups. The former Shooting Stars of Ibadan striker died on May 4, 2012 in Ibadan.

https://igberetvnews.com/1366959/yemisi-yekini-daughter-rashidi-yekini-celebrates-late-father-photos/
Truly nigerias worldcup hero, the memory of his first worldcup goal for nigeria in dallas would always be remembered.

1 Like

Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by mogbolade39317: 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2020
:But this leitmotif suppose occupied the prior webpage, at age for gloria.Note: My privacy views o!!!Yes.. That's was lot woman.. truth heroR.I.P
Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by miniziter(m): 2:10pm On Oct 03, 2020
marylandcakes:

It’s not everyone that looks good on social media that comes from a rich home. Appearances can be deceptive most of the time.
But not in this case sir.
Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by 2cribz: 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2020
Dont worry,he will be smiling up there. Infact e go be like say him with the net dey gight that day. Like a client paid u 300k . The most useless goal keeper goes to peter rufai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4PFmwzv308

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbkrsIun9hs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaAG2JbT9QI
Re: Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos) by Liposure: 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2020
Auxtin85:

Am informing my parents ASAP
i ve paid her bride price

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Augustine Mulenga's Daughter Died As He Was Playing During Nigeria-Zambia Match / The Moment Ronaldo Scores Against Morocco To Break World Cup Goal Record (PICS) / Floyd Mayweather Wears N54million Crocodile Jacket (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.