Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Help My Husband Lacks Self Control - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Husband Lacks Self Control (74640 Views)

My Husband No Dey Knack Me Well- Cheating Wife's Confession To Her Pastor(Video) / Help My Husband Lacks Self Control / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 05, 2020
Madam tell us the truth,
Your Husband sounds like a married friend I have.
So tell us,
What does your Husband do for a Living??!
Is He still Happy Being Married?!
He tells you he's lucky to have you as a wife coz He has nothing and seems Hopeless if not for you and your Federal government Job bah?!
Do you have Kids?!!May be none yet!!
Coz most Druggies and Alcoholics are mostly Frustrated and Depressed.
My own friend doesn't even like the Wife he ended up marrying and she doesn't even know it's one of the reasons for his Drunkenness.
Las Las na only your Husband close friends fit help am.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Kavod: 7:26am On Oct 05, 2020
MhisTahrah:
I have never seen any of your posts actually make sense.
Thats simple....... You don't have sense. Canal minded people can't see sense in it.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by DedeNkem: 7:32am On Oct 05, 2020
Righteousness89:
Launch yourself Fully into God ...
Stand in Gap for your Home and Husband In Prayers.
At midnight call call on the GOD of Heaven
Prayers Changes things..
When He sees a New you, that Could Just be the Tonic..

Absolutely nonsense! Lazy people's advice!
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by addexx: 7:37am On Oct 05, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
Pls how do I handle this problem of hubby that does not have self control when it comes to alcohol?

He drinks too much and sometimes messes the bed up with urine.

I have talked to him still no change pls I need practice solutions that will make him stop because he is the type that doesn't take things serious unless it gets to him and this his behavior is making me regret my marriage to him.

U need desperate measures. undecided think of something like this.

1 Share

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by eaddyboy: 7:40am On Oct 05, 2020
IamD18:
If only people will leave sex, cheating and money to focus on important things during courting, we won't have people in miserable marriages or high rate of divorce.

Anger management, personalities, addictions, abuse, level of mutual understanding, friendship, goals, genotype, differences, family background and histories are very very underrated in relationships these day.

Sex, money, birthday, hanging out, cruise, sexchat, cooking and gifts are the only things existing in 99.742% of relationships in Nigeria.

Great Insight! God bless you smiley
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Touchfarm: 7:41am On Oct 05, 2020
Highesschief1:
So sorry about your situation, I have seen a lot of the advice people gave but you need to do something practical here..
You will need the family doctor or any doctor he trust to work with you on this.. The doctor will check and tell him that his liver is going bad already and with any bottle he takes he is going closer to his grave that he has less than a year to live unless he stops drinking the liver will not recover but if he continues drinking that he will die in less than a year.
On your part you should arrange a temporary break up tell him you are not ready to be a widow but since he is ready to die and leave you with the kids you might as well start getting ready for a life without him.
The fear of losing his life, kids and wife will sobber him up fast.
Good luck as you try this, it worked on some one I know

God bless you immensely for this advice
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by dorin27(f): 7:44am On Oct 05, 2020
yanabasee:

From your signature....

I'd like to tell you the things I like about you....

I like that you're beautiful, you've a slim face with sweet tiny cheeks and well carved shining looking forehead and adorable chin....

I like that you're very smart and very mature with your comments and intelligent...

You got me crushing on you.....
obrigado senhor smiley smiley
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by DWJOBScom(m): 7:53am On Oct 05, 2020
IamD18:
If only people will leave sex, cheating and money to focus on important things during courting, we won't have people in miserable marriages or high rate of divorce.

Anger management, personalities, addictions, abuse, level of mutual understanding, friendship, goals, genotype, differences, family background and histories are very very underrated in relationships these day.

Sex, money, birthday, hanging out, cruise, sexchat, cooking and gifts are the only things existing in 99.742% of relationships in Nigeria.

You've ran out of 'likes' that I don't even have one to click.
I will patiently wait for an opening to add mine.

Well said!
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Akolawole(m): 8:05am On Oct 05, 2020
gaius01:

I like your name, to be sincere nothing can change such conditions unless God intervene. Na prayer get you, pray and seek for somebody who will help you pray.

Prayer is NOT everything. Don't get me wrong, I believe in efficacy of prayer ANYDAY.

1) Where is the habitat of his alcoholism? Bar, home, parties?

2) What kind of friends does he keep? Are they like that too?

3) Has he always been like this?

You have a big role to play in this and you CAN do it.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by starnigeria: 8:06am On Oct 05, 2020
Go medical and thank us later:

Buy Disuphiram Tablet at any pharmacy outlet. put it In his drink and see how he personally run away by himself from alcohol. Cheers in advance.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by RosyIsBlessed: 8:07am On Oct 05, 2020
IamD18:

Too much sense in this comment
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 05, 2020
So, many persons here underrating the power of prayer. If they were atheist it would have been understandable, but many of them are christains. If you don't believe in the unlimited power of prayer, then you are skeptical about JESUS CHRIST likewise. If JESUS can do anything and prayer is a means to call on him for help, then prayer can do anything likewise.

But one thing you should know is that the word of GOD and prayer that did not change you, cannot change that which you wished it for. That is, your life must be change to that of CHRIST before your prayer can be effective. There were many who followed CHRIST but HE only spoke to the twelve in plain words and the multitude in parable because he saw their heart that they were not serious.
If you think prayer have not work for you before, then you need to reevaluate your salvation: there must be something first wrong with you not the prayers. I don't also expect a sound christain to marry wrongly. Search your very life before you pray. God help us all.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Tonitoniton(m): 8:24am On Oct 05, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
Pls how do I handle this problem of hubby that does not have self control when it comes to alcohol?

I have talked to him still no change pls I need practice solutions that will make him stop because he is the type that doesn't take things serious unless it gets to him and this his behavior is making me regret my marriage to him.

U dont have to start regretting marrying him.

Try and help him cos he needs u now more than ever.

Put him up in heart felt and constant prayers.

Show him love and understanding u will be glad u did.

Talk to him more when he is sober, ur talk will prevail if u are indeed praying for him.

Some times, spirit following the women are the cause of such situation to break up the marriage if they tried all ways and failed.

Madam, up hold ur man in constant and fervent prayers and not to chicken out
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by OvaSabi1(f): 8:28am On Oct 05, 2020
IamD18:

You're not typing like someone in a committed relationship. This is because some of the things you mentioned as unimportant are actually important. Money for example is a leading cause of fights and divorce. Same with intimacy incompatibility. For you to know that someone wets the bed, you might need to spend a couple of nights with them and this may lead to actually having !nterc0urse. We cannot continue to blame people based on "what were you doing during courtship". Some people are blindsided and some habits will actually develop AFTER the marriage.

1 Like

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by bisiswag(f): 8:32am On Oct 05, 2020
IamD18:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Cree: 8:36am On Oct 05, 2020
IamD18:

God bless this writer!
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Awoleesu(m): 8:47am On Oct 05, 2020
Note his brand of beer... Buy a Bootle of the brand... Chill it well!
Get local (non iodized) salt... pour a teaspoonful of the salt in the beer...
Serve him the beer... with good sense of curtsey!

Come back here and share your testimony...
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by americaninja1: 8:53am On Oct 05, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
if he buys drink fr himself he goes fr his gauge 3 bottles but when he goes to an event where there is excess drink, my God he will be feeling like getting all the drinks into his mouth that's where the lack of self control comes in
he’s just been greedy with the bottles, I know drunkards are carefree and very generous, start billing him if he has money. He will limit the drinks he buys if he doesn’t have much on him. Try to always go out with him, so u could b able to control him. Tell him weird or cooked stories about drunkards dat end up living miserable lives.(don’t b aggressive) , make joke with him, don’t push him hard further.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by OvaSabi1(f): 8:57am On Oct 05, 2020
I don't know if someone here has mentioned it but have you taken him to the hospital to have his blood sugar checked? Also at this stage you need to start using subtle shame tactics like drying the mattress outside everytime he bedwets. Or refusing to sleep in the bed for like a week.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by criuze(m): 9:14am On Oct 05, 2020
virtuouswoman77:

your hubby is your baby

if urine is the problem then talk to him about using Pampers at night.

probably he may get ashamed and start adjusting.

but don't discuss that in public you're actually killing your self, and neither let that break your family it's childish too.

hopefully things will change one day
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Fourwinds: 9:26am On Oct 05, 2020
Righteousness89:

Madam Hope there is no Problem?
why do u have to quote me?
Why not Give her your PRATICAL Solution

Did I Hinder you from Giving Her your PRATICAL SOLUTION??

Don't allow the Devil to Begin to make use of u..

Oboy. This one dey kpara ooooooooo... Jesus drove the merchants out of the temple
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 05, 2020
virtuouswoman77:

I'm seeing this late and it has gotten to page 12. I hope you see and read my submission.

Do not mind anybody condemning you about not seeing the signs while dating or courting! Human beings are very deceptive. People show their real self after marriage, which you don't see during courtship. It is not your fault and No marriage is ever perfect!

Now, you have to be proactive. Take charge. Be his guide! When he wants to go out to drink, follow him. Sit beside him. Don't let him take above normal. If he's going out the next day, lock the door, don't let him go. Cry if you have to! Kneel and plead with him, if need be caress him and take him to bed! The urge for alcohol would die that moment and maybe come up the next day, about same time. Don't let him drink everyday. Any day you choose to allow him go, then follow him there and control the amount he takes.

You need to fight this through together. You should also pray hard. Though prayers without work will yield nothing. The work is what I explained above. With time, he will adjust. He might not stop, but he needs to control it.

The reason for wetting the bed is because he drinks late. Adults are advised to take in less liquid or none at night. My aged mom doesn't take any liquid as from 6pm.

In all, take charge! Be the man! Carry the cross! You will win!

Sorry!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Kenneth10110(m): 9:28am On Oct 05, 2020
Righteousness89:

She said the real truth we need practical solutions to prayers. Heaven helps those who help themselves even preaching the gospel you need practical motives to change people around you.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Graxie(f): 9:35am On Oct 05, 2020
Sorry for what you are going through since he is a government worker, seek transfer to Minna, Gombe, kano or zamfara.

No alcohol except inside barracks.

That is the only way he won't have access to it during parties.

Too many owambe in Lagos, it will be very hard to achieve soberness there.

It is well
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by navzla(m): 9:43am On Oct 05, 2020
IamD18:

ur head still dey ur neck
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by goshen26: 9:50am On Oct 05, 2020
lilmax:
look at this fool

So the meaning of marriage is a woman suffering

Is that what she signed up for?

If she starts drinking will the man also take care of her

Why are you a BASTARD this evening?

You are obviously son OF a BASTARD
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by manunitedbabes: 9:50am On Oct 05, 2020
lilmax:
Start cheating, coming home late, stop cooking

Just lose yourself and see your husband start focusing again

Your husband lacks self control because you tolerate it

My opinion

Abi? Your opinion? Any ways so shall it be unto u hahhaahha

Just assuming
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by francislin(m): 9:51am On Oct 05, 2020
Absolutely right.
IamD18:

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by lilmax(m): 9:56am On Oct 05, 2020
goshen26:

You are obviously son OF a BASTARD

ILLITERATE

go and research the nonsense you wrote

What a LOW LIFE grin
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by rottennaija(m): 10:36am On Oct 05, 2020
virtuouswoman77:

Tell him liver transplant is very expensive.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by urbanshoppersng: 10:46am On Oct 05, 2020
Righteousness89:

Does this sound familiar sir?

"... when ye caution, caution with love"

No one is perfect, so we can't expect you to be but don't allow yourself to become a tool that will drive people away from God...

Peace!
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Charly68: 10:52am On Oct 05, 2020
Send him for deliverance from the spirit of addiction and glutton..all is under the strongman of whoredom..once the demon leaves,he will lose taste for alcohol..all this practice of self control exercise is a farce..only the power of the Holy Spirit can give man self control. Read 2Tim 1:7

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Will I Ever Get Married? / Trolls Say My Disabled Husband Can’t Satisfy Me But They’re Wrong / Unclad Man Roaming The Streets Of Abuja With His Kids All Dressed Up (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.