Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment (24329 Views)

Lai Mohammed: Kidnapping, Banditry Not Federal Offences In Nigeria / Goodluck Jonathan: Ballot, Not Courts, Should Determine Election Winners / How Does One Get A Government Appointment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by Fmghewzy(m): 11:00am On Oct 04, 2020
Arrewa:
an average illiterate in the north is more political enlighten than a professor in the east.

A typical Fulani man is a brilliant, intelligent creature, usually blessed with a natural leadership acumen.

When educated, they tend to excel & dominate wherever they're found hence their exploits. You think Amina Mohammed is the UN Dep. Sec. Gen. just because she is Fulani?

Save yourselves from this self consuming bigotry and hatred towards a great people and be useful to yourselves.
Who God has blessed, no man can curse...

Observe this picture... You'll see three 3 Fulanis... One is the president of Nigeria... The other two are piloting the affair of the United Nation

Apoda shut up,stop being biased in your views,it's no news that a lot of notherners are illiterates yet power hungry,but it doesn't mean all northerners are illiterates .
Osinbanjo is right simple.All he is saying is give us someone with sense,not all the mumu you guys have been giving us.
The nonsense you are saying is unnecessary

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by jimter44(m): 11:00am On Oct 04, 2020
But your boss is doing otherwise. Imagine presenting Justice Ishaq Bello who came last for the ICC job, When there are many qualified Judges in the middlebelt and the south.
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by discusant: 11:01am On Oct 04, 2020
But you wouldn’t be VP if Federal Character was not considered.

The way this man speaks, that presidential post he is looking for will become elusive for him.

Society watches and dismisses persons who don’t stick with the truth every time.
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by frog12: 11:03am On Oct 04, 2020
the WHO of WHO in industry and government. this man speaks TRUE!
hes by FAR better than PMB.
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by AlexJustin(m): 11:07am On Oct 04, 2020
Arrewa:
I pray they bring merit on board.

Igbos will cry marginalization tire!

You think being intelligent is by speaking English??

Being intelligent is all about being logical, strategic and understanding the concept of your course.

The Easterners are not intelligent... Politically and socially.

That's why we will continue to dominate you... Either you like it or not.

Keep deceiving yourself that we are all illiterates.

It's of our own advantage.

This is my state kano...

The state of illiterates and backwardness

your northern leaders are so logical, strategic, understanding in the political and social sphere that they keep on siphoning Dollars in their babariga and looking up to FG for revenue. hoping on their lowest cut off mark for admission.
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by frog12: 11:08am On Oct 04, 2020
who is this lawyer?
e no get name.
i know hear am for news.

SmartProf:
Oga u have spoken well. The so called federal character is even skewed to favour those from a certain abokki region. That's how they carried one expired quota system lawyer and recommended to ICC. His IQ was too low for even phase one of the screening, so ICC evicted him with a straight red card. I'm sure ICC may even have warned him not to check their application portal again.
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by frog12: 11:09am On Oct 04, 2020
you know hear him say, merit from each zone?

FarahAideed:

I am one of the greatest supporters of Osinbanjo here , I have never hidden my belief in him to make a goo president ... But if he say appointments should only be on Merit then the south will fill up 90 percent of all appointment slots in Nigeria and no northerner wants to hear that
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by frog12: 11:10am On Oct 04, 2020
this amina no even do work when she was environment minister. she probably line her bank accounts

Arrewa:
an average illiterate in the north is more political enlighten than a professor in the east.

A typical Fulani man is a brilliant, intelligent creature, usually blessed with a natural leadership acumen.

When educated, they tend to excel & dominate wherever they're found hence their exploits. You think Amina Mohammed is the UN Dep. Sec. Gen. just because she is Fulani?

Save yourselves from this self consuming bigotry and hatred towards a great people and be useful to yourselves.

Observe this picture... You'll see three 3 Fulanis... One is the president of Nigeria... The other two are piloting the affair of the United Nation
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by discusant: 11:12am On Oct 04, 2020
omenka:
Bloody shameless liar. You hate the man with all the cells in your body, not because he has done anything wrong but simply because he is affiliated with APC and Tinubu.

It is simply what you die hard pdp fanatics are hardwired to do. It is the reason you see your brother simply type *slave* up there. Now, someone who doesn't know you guys would probably be wondering what prompted him to type that even though what the VP said was in order.

Didn't read beyond the first line of whatever gibberish you typed there by the way.

PDP and APC are like six and half a dozen.

Develop more sense.
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by Worldoma: 11:12am On Oct 04, 2020
HarunaWest:
We are not that bad as you have been made to believe. Although PMB has gone too far with his sectional presidency, some of the Northerners merit their portfolio while majority are crass incompetent and dormant. We have brilliant minds in the North trust me.

I agree with you because I graduated from one of the prominent Northern universities, there're lots of brilliant minds in the North. Southerners who haven't been to the North always believed that things are as bad as it's being portray in the media.

One thing I like about you is that you always say things the way it is without sentiment.
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by bigiyaro(m): 11:15am On Oct 04, 2020
pls tell your dullard boss, he has filled every available space with his fellow dullards from "northern' daura.
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by SmartPolician: 11:15am On Oct 04, 2020
FarahAideed:

I am one of the greatest supporters of Osinbanjo here , I have never hidden my belief in him to make a goo president ... But if he say appointments should only be on Merit then the south will fill up 90 percent of all appointment slots in Nigeria and no northerner wants to hear that

Huncle, read the article first

This comment shows that you didn't

You were more concerned about FTC
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by kaylavhany(f): 11:19am On Oct 04, 2020
Erojepromise:
biggest lie of the universe an average illiterate in the north is tasked with giving birth to more children they can cater for, marrying more wives, going to his farmland and of course being a religious fanatic.
nb: l don't hate the northerners l am just stating a fact

Vietnam visa will cost how much?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by Tribalism123(m): 11:24am On Oct 04, 2020
Ganger man as VP
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by SmartPolician: 11:24am On Oct 04, 2020
TheRareGem1:

He says the truth everything. Tell us when or what did he said that is not true

Things go wrong when good men keep quiet. Aside from action, silence in the midst of evils is wrong!

Osinbajo never spoke up when the herders were butchering Nigerians of all regions, including his people.

Nigeria has become a mess today because good men refused to take over their country out of fear.

Osinbajo, one of the best political orators, never openly condemned herder killings because he probably didn't want to have issues with Buhari.

I like him because he's smart though, but that doesn't mean it gets everything right.
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by nograv: 11:34am On Oct 04, 2020
Arrewa:

Hahahah Ahh you made me laugh today grin

Arrewa, my boy. If Nigeria became meritocratic in terms lf appointments, there wouldnt be any Northerners left LOL!!

You know it and I know it..

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by thatigboman: 11:36am On Oct 04, 2020
TheRareGem1:

Read the content. Not just the headline lad.
exactly. People just comment without reading the story
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by megama: 11:37am On Oct 04, 2020
FarahAideed:

I support what he has said but this is not the right time to say it
Federal Character supperceed merit. Are being constitutional or not. It seems lots of people on this forum doesn't understand simple English. Merit means lopsided appointment.. Don't tell me one region can produce more competent than others
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by chiedonedoor(m): 11:43am On Oct 04, 2020
1 Corinthians 6:9. KJV
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of Christ is coming soon.
Repent to avoid HELL
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by frog12: 11:45am On Oct 04, 2020
i see, na ishaq bello. chief judge of fct high court. another nepotic appointment.
everything pmb does is nepotic.
to be judge of icc, you must demonstrate high standards, not nepotic standards grin

SmartProf:
Oga u have spoken well. The so called federal character is even skewed to favour those from a certain abokki region. That's how they carried one expired quota system lawyer and recommended to ICC. His IQ was too low for even phase one of the screening, so ICC evicted him with a straight red card. I'm sure ICC may even have warned him not to check their application portal again.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by frog12: 11:48am On Oct 04, 2020
there are brilliant northerners. the problem is the nepotism of pmb blinds everyone to see that smart northerners exists.
former economics and planning minister shamsudeen i think, is a very intelligent mind.

Worldoma:

I agree with you because I graduated from one of the prominent Northern universities, there're lots of brilliant minds in the North. Southerners who haven't been to the North always believed that things are as bad as it's being portray in the media.

One thing I like about you is that you always say things the way it is without sentiment.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by nairanaira12: 11:48am On Oct 04, 2020
Ebenezar2021:
it's obvious that shit was a propaganda

If it was a propaganda, the government would have denied it. They would have demanded for a retraction or threaten lawsuit against Sahara Reporters
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by madridsta007(m): 11:50am On Oct 04, 2020
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by nick50(m): 11:57am On Oct 04, 2020
osibanjo is only a puppet trying to justify his Master's nepositic and loopsided appointment... so u mean only Fulanis are fit to head all the agencies and parastatals?..
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by frog12: 12:01pm On Oct 04, 2020
he said merit from each zone.
the nepolistic appointment is only from certain zones.
its about 2023, osinbajo dey start him own race!
the man talk TRUE!

nick50:
osibanjo is only a puppet trying to justify his Master's nepositic and loopsided appointment... so u mean only Fulanis are fit to head all the agencies and parastatals?..

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by fof1: 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2020
Arrewa:
the media will never show you the innovation that is currently going on in the north.

Nigerian Mechanical Engineering student, Usman Dalhatu made this portable automatic ventilator. He is a 200 level student of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU).
After being empowered by Gombe state Governor he transformed his emergency ventilator idea into portable E-vent automatic ventilator

EXCELLENT WORK. BRAVO AND MORE IMPETUS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by tnerro1(m): 12:07pm On Oct 04, 2020
We don’t need merit, we need to restructure the regions so each can develop at their own pace, not being tired down by other regions that prefer to remain in the Stone Age

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by Arrewa: 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2020
fof1:

EXCELLENT WORK. BRAVO AND MORE IMPETUS
cool
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by ABANA80: 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2020
Prof. Osinbajo, u spoke well but ur notions can never n will never work as soon as we r still together with d Northerner(morons). In fact, we will never be relevant if and only u still make us to believe in one useless Nigeria. Many intellectuals had also make this same point u r making now but they won't listen cos they have their target n know what they want. Sir, with due respect if u want to be relevant till u die n after ur death,.Sir let divided the nation. Infact, we need ur experience n intellect in Oduduwa Nation than any other places. We love u...political hypocrisy won't lead us to anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by fof1: 12:13pm On Oct 04, 2020
omenka:
Good. Then stop pretending and saying trash like *the timing of what he said is wrong*, because as long as he remains connected to Tinubu and APC, it will NEVER be right in your eyes, not the timing nor whatever it is he does.

We know all of you, probably better than you know yourselves.

What is All this Fight for? Tribalism and Ethnicity or Religion Political Affiliations or Egocentrism? All these will fade away in a twinkle of Eyes. Why all this Discontent on a Bright day like Ours. Let us focus on how to Move Ourselves and d Nation Forward for Good. How many have You impacted in ur Circles of Relationships? How many have You Fed and eased from Hunger? Etc.

Osibanjo is talking about d Ideal Situation. We should pursue it in Nigeria. Two Points Made : HE IS NOT AGAINST FEDERAL CHARACTER, BUT ENSURE MERITORIOUS EMERGENCE FROM THAT LOCATION FOR D GREATER BENEFIT TO ALL. NEED FOR REVIEW OF NIGERIA SYSTEM OF COMPENSATIONS TO INDIVIDUALS AND COMMUNITIES.
Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by Racoon(m): 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2020
Arrewa:
Two Ladies from Northern Nigeria Shamsiyya Jibo and Halima Hussein Serving in the United State US Military.Jibo is a sniper
Your media will never show you this...
Good development from the northern region but do you wonder why they choose a sane nation like the US instead of serving in the military here back home?

Remember life in the harem & religious beliefs wouldn't have allowed them do such exploit if it were back home in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Merit, Not Federal Character, Should Determine Government Appointment by Babanah: 12:24pm On Oct 04, 2020
Those giving the northerners a bad name are the middle belters (north central). Trust me people from Kano, bornu sokoto and Fulani generally are very intelligent.

Just as people from south south are the ones drawing the southerners back.

In the case of north central, it’s the case of lack of access to good education.

For our south south brothers (and sisters) it because of lack of seriousness and laziness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Makinde Shuns Atiku’s Presidential Campaign In Oyo / 2018 Budget : The Proposed Versus The Approved- Pictures / Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Leads PDP With 136,351 Votes In Kwara Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.