Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... (6733 Views)

Just When I Thought I Have Seen It All But This Image Proves Me Wrong / I Thought Sleeping Unclad Was Fun, Until Rat Sucked My Nipple - Nigerian Lady / I CAUGHT HIM: I Caught My Friend Doing This...He Thought I Won't Know [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by Dentux(m): 1:36am On Oct 05, 2020
Came across this on Facebook, decided to share here.
What are your takes on this matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by Dentux(m): 1:37am On Oct 05, 2020
More

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by Original4u(m): 1:48am On Oct 05, 2020
Omo
Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by Lethal234(m): 1:48am On Oct 05, 2020
This is serious, at first I thought it was a normal bf/gf thing, but when I read propose, paid for shop rent, bought phone, bought clothes... Just speechless.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by Nobody: 1:54am On Oct 05, 2020
Well well well... Seems Nigerian men are gonna have a field day on this one too, right?

The lady is not marriage material. I honestly would have concluded she isn't to blame but if the guy did all that, come onnnnn

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by Jamixlee: 2:16am On Oct 05, 2020
Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by WoundedLamb: 2:20am On Oct 05, 2020
This is clearly a case of different perspectives (the debate that will come up on this thread will further reflect this) and I see it as something they could have easily discussed and agreed on how they'd rather have things be. As a dating couple, they learn more of each other everyday and they reform to better suit their expectations. This kind of issues are bound to come up and should be taken as an opportunity to further know what the expectations are. If I were the lady, I probably wouldn't collect money from my fiance's mother. That's me though (I wouldn't expect that from others cause friends and family could ruin business). Again, if were the mother, I'd insist she should collect her money especially if I plan to be coming there often cause I wouldn't want to appear as a burden. And finally, if I were the guy, I wouldn't send my mum to the shop with so much certainty that my girlfriend wouldn't take her money. If I wanted to ensure that, I'd tell her upfront. From the chat, I don't think that would have been a problem.

But the issue here is not the money but the poor communication between them. The girl might have collected the money not because she was bent on getting her pay but just that the thought of asking the woman to keep her money didn't cross her mind at that time. Again, if the guy's mum is rich, she might have even felt it was respectful taking the money from her and saying "thank ma" while slightly kneeling just to show she acknowledges and appreciates her support for her business. On the other hand, the guy's discontent is very valid as well. Not only because he's done so much for the girl but because he would have even felt embarrassed when his mum told him that she paid. It's sad that the girl didn't think it through or even saw it that way but we all must agree that they need to learn some communication skills. The guy typed with so much emotions and the name calling came faster than Tonto Dike's ex husband. If this is how he would react each time they have an issue as a couple, then there's a big problem. The lady seemed more put together in my opinion but she should have known when to de-escalate the issue seeing how emotionally charged the discussion was but she kept stretching it.

Communication is indeed everything.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by 50power: 2:55am On Oct 05, 2020
Are you looking for someone to date and marry in any state in Nigeria? Add your profile on https://ehookup.com.ng/
Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by Israeljones(m): 3:02am On Oct 05, 2020
The hairdo can't be more than 5k...comparing that to a product of almost 50k says alot about the lady... That lady is a devil in the making...

11 Likes

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by uboma(m): 3:05am On Oct 05, 2020
Qathafi:
Well well well... Seems Nigerian men are gonna have a field day on this one too, right?

The lady is not marriage material. I honestly would have concluded she isn't to blame but if the guy did all that, come onnnnn

To the contrary, the lady did nothing wrong. She accepted payment for her services irrespective of who's involved. I see nothing wrong in it.

Businesses thrives when family and friends pay for the goods/services they receive.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by otipoju(m): 4:31am On Oct 05, 2020
We don see worse than this one and we survived it.

Someone you supported and helped progress for five years tells you after she thought she had a breakthrough that she doesn't want to be seen with people like you.

Last last she beg us to put am inside one more time.

Baba say no" you can leave my house".

The girl no gets sense and it's good she quick reveal herself.

5 Likes

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by michlins(m): 5:26am On Oct 05, 2020
This no go pass Igbo guy especially those Anambra clique of "mama anyị sị"

This is business and should be handled as one. If you mingle business with family, it's bound to fail. The guy is being a child. When I say a child I mean pikin dem level.

2 Likes

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by Nobody: 5:26am On Oct 05, 2020
The dude is very very silly and doesn't deserve an understanding and mature lady like that so to hell with him.

The lady replying in that manner upon all the insults the idiot is dishing out shows a mature mind dating a grown fool with hairy balls in between his legs.

If she is not a professional hair stylist, this will be a different issue but the poor girl simply got paid for professional service rendered.

The entitlement mentality of Nigerians is so disgusting. angry

11 Likes

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by Dayoebe(m): 7:32am On Oct 05, 2020
When you are dating business minded people
Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by Blackmann001: 7:52am On Oct 05, 2020
J111333:
The dude is very very silly and doesn't deserve an understanding and mature lady like that so to hell with him.

The lady replying in that manner upon all the insults the idiot is dishing out shows a mature mind dating a grown fool with hairy balls in between his legs.

If she is not a professional hair stylist, this will be a different issue but the poor girl simply got paid for professional service rendered.

The entitlement mentality of Nigerians is so disgusting. angry

For the first time..I disagree with you...not everything should b monetised....

Money is not everything.. Sh could as well collect 1500..just for professional sake..so that even the mum would know how big a discount sh got...

Again, sh could stylishly b declining the offer to mk her hair..so as not to bring spat BTW her and the mum....with the level of the guyz investment on her..there shld b serious concession...its very easy to say J111..cuz its not you,until it becomes u...leme ask u..if its her mum and and they are not rich as it seems..will sh form.professional and collect her full money..?

Biz is Biz...but family comes first!

12 Likes

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by Whois(m): 7:58am On Oct 05, 2020
They don't deserve each other. Simple
Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by Joeblazeochola(m): 8:50am On Oct 05, 2020
'my mistake n am sorry' wud have just ended this whole drama.

4 Likes

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 05, 2020
Sometimes we just have to make sacrifices to let peace and harmony reign in the family. It must not always be a win-win situation at all times.

1 Like

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by Breezzy(m): 8:51am On Oct 05, 2020
I thought the lady was making sense until I read "who paid for your shop? Including the cloth you're putting on right now? I sold the phone to your bro 48k instead of 60k, look at the thing I was even planning to propose". The truth is that the lady fall her hand, no matter how stingy, stupid and silly she is, she no suppose collect full payment from her destiny helper's mum or moreover she for request the money from her guy na infact Naija babes no dey belle full even the phone she's using to be typing that trash na the guy buy am. " I'm so sorry " would have ended all these drama but pride won't allow the over sabi

13 Likes

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by Novemberaura(m): 9:08am On Oct 05, 2020
the girl is wrong to take the money,
wrong if she didn't make attempt to turn down the money
wrong for letting her boyfriend hear it from his mom first
owning to how much the guy has done for her financially

it's something worth noting that's probably why they mother mentioned it to her son that look ooo son your soon to be bride took the hair mom from me oo.

this goes without saying that I don't know if the guys mom is very wealthy and the girl very poor that she can't let the money slide.

my mom has done the world to me
she sacrificed everything so I and my siblings would have a better life... this can be said of most mothers

so my wife must love respect pamper and serve my mom and I will devote my life to making her happy that way everyone is happy.

let my wife give the love she has for me to my mother and I will make her the happiest woman in earth

please ladies trying to tear young men between their wives and mothers is unfair to everyone

I don tire to type but I never talk finish Sha
make I rest

3 Likes

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by femi4: 9:12am On Oct 05, 2020
She's really hungry
Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by Dreadlock69(m): 9:12am On Oct 05, 2020
Ee be thing
Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by Korllami007: 9:26am On Oct 05, 2020
WoundedLamb:
This is clearly a case of different perspectives (the debate that will come up on this thread will further reflect this) and I see it as something they could have easily discussed and agreed on how they'd rather have things be. As a dating couple, they learn more of each other everyday and they reform to better suit their expectations. This kind of issues are bound to come up and should be taken as an opportunity to further know what the expectations are. If I were the lady, I probably wouldn't collect money from my fiance's mother. That's me though (I wouldn't expect that from others cause friends and family could ruin business). Again, if were the mother, I'd insist she should collect her money especially if I plan to be coming there often cause I wouldn't want to appear as a burden. And finally, if I were the guy, I wouldn't send my mum to the shop with so much certainty that my girlfriend wouldn't take her money. If I wanted to ensure that, I'd tell her upfront. From the chat, I don't think that would have been a problem.

But the issue here is not the money but the poor communication between them. The girl might have collected the money not because she was bent on getting her pay but just that the thought of asking the woman to keep her money didn't cross her mind at that time. Again, if the guy's mum is rich, she might have even felt it was respectful taking the money from her and saying "thank ma" while slightly kneeling just to show she acknowledges and appreciates her support for her business. On the other hand, the guy's discontent is very valid as well. Not only because he's done so much for the girl but because he would have even felt embarrassed when his mum told him that she paid. It's sad that the girl didn't think it through or even saw it that way but we all must agree that they need to learn some communication skills. The guy typed with so much emotions and the name calling came faster than Tonto Dike's ex husband. If this is how he would react each time they have an issue as a couple, then there's a big problem. The lady seemed more put together in my opinion but she should have known when to de-escalate the issue seeing how emotionally charged the discussion was but she kept stretching it.

Communication is indeed everything.

Don't shift blame to communication. Leave communication alone make e de enjoy hin life.
The guy clothed her, bought phone for her, paid half of the girl shop rent and that is same salon the guy's mom went to make her hair, phone of 60k he sold it for her brother 48k and that's 12k loss. After all this, the only thing this guy could benefit from her is just to make his mother hair for free which the cost might not be up to 2k.

To you, communication should take the blame.

4 Likes

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by Karleb(m): 9:30am On Oct 05, 2020
The boy does not have sense.
Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by HMarshal(m): 9:32am On Oct 05, 2020
Mmm,ion think this particular issue suld be escalated,it's not that serious.that uve not gotten 1naira from her is not a character flaw,to me,she still showed some level of respect in her replies.

It's not big deal she collected money for services rendered,unless the venting is a build up of previous misbehaviors on her part then I think correcting her wuld av been the best way to go.yest it's true some behaviours cant/dosnt need to be corrected but I don't count this one as one...my tots tho

1 Like

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by DonEd(m): 9:44am On Oct 05, 2020
uboma:

To the contrary, the lady did nothing wrong. She accepted payment for her services irrespective of who's involved. I see nothing wrong in it.

Businesses thrives when family and friends pay for the goods/services they receive.

Dont be a dingbat. Think first and clearly too.

There is an extent of compromising especially when two persons are in a relationship.

The man has stood by her to a point where she claims she pays her bills. He even sold his product at cost price to her brother, why didnt he say "business thrives when friends and relative pays for service rendered"?

Be a fair judge.

3 Likes

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by TThhoorr: 10:29am On Oct 05, 2020
The girl is right if the mother in law to be has a rational mind even if the girl didn't ask for payment she will have to insists for her to take it we are meant to support people not bring them down bashfulness, shyness won't feed the lady the guy self bleeped up big time if he had wanted his lady and mum to get along well here should have paid for the mum's hairstyle beforehand so that the mum won't know that way here will kill two birds with one stone
Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by uboma(m): 10:51am On Oct 05, 2020
DonEd:

Dont be a dingbat. Think first and clearly too.

There is an extent of compromising especially when two persons are in a relationship.

The man has stood by her to a point where she claims she pays her bills. He even sold his product at cost price to her brother, why didnt he say "business thrives when friends and relative pays for service rendered"?

Be a fair judge.

You are the stupid fellow who's being unfair in your judgement.

Pass on your opinions without insulting others because we share a different opinion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by openbusiness6: 10:58am On Oct 05, 2020
uboma:

You misunderstood the chat. The guy didn't say she shouldn't collect payment for her services. They guy said she should have asked him for it. He would have paid for it, that he was the one that recommended her to his mother to fix the hair. So he has a very valid point.

3 Likes

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by openbusiness6: 11:01am On Oct 05, 2020
For me, I won't delve into who's right or who's wrong etc, cuz you will end up arguing back and forth for nothing, because this matter is a thing of perspectives and mindset. To each his own or every mallam to his kettle. But this is a classic example or reason why men need to choose spouses based on compatibility, it's very important, intellectual compatibility especially. Mindset is very important. If your way of reasoning is conflicting, or you have conflicting values or ethics, or your mindsets are opposite or you have opposing mindsets, then you can always expect more clashes and dramas like this, and possibly breakups. Mental compatibility and compatibility on values system or ethics & principles is a critical aspect to consider before marriage. Imagine a guy that pays your bills like he supported you with half of your shop rent, bought your phone, buys you clothes, probably gives money for upkeep from time to time too etc, sold phone for your sibling at cost price without making any profit just because he is your brother, but to do hair for his mother, you feel 100% entitled that she must pay for your service. Well, fortunately for him, he hasn't signed court papers before his eyes has opened to reality. Their mindset and way of life is obviously different. If he marries her, he will surely have many problems with compatibility issues.

5 Likes

Re: When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... by ERCROSS(m): 11:06am On Oct 05, 2020
uboma:

Not like one's mother-in-law. Will she charge her own mum if it were to be her own mum. This mother-in-law is someone who is expected to take her as her own daughter after getting married to his son. No, the lady no do well, abeg

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Advice : What Do Men Really Think Of Women Who Smoke. / My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Sex / Even The Decent Girls Are No Better Than The Bad Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.