Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

My Cucumber Farm Dairy - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (117642 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:42pm On Dec 27, 2020
Flowering is obvious now and growing like seriously.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by tpben: 10:51am On Dec 28, 2020
Congratulations sir
How many stands is this?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Calebigor(m): 2:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
Nice job Sir. Where's your farm located?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 10:31pm On Dec 28, 2020
Farmerakinloye6:
Very very good. Keep it up.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:03am On Dec 29, 2020
tpben:
Congratulations sir

How many stands is this?
5000 plus, don't know the plus because I loose some stand. Let say 5000 stand.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:04am On Dec 29, 2020
Calebigor:

Nice job Sir. Where's your farm located?
small London, ogbese, AKURE,Ondo State.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:48am On Dec 31, 2020
Growing but sad I don't have chance to prune sad

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by hadex90(m): 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2020
well done job boss, please can you shed more light on cucumber pruning and the advantage.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Omonaijani: 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2020
@Farmerakinloye6 please like how many fruits are you expecting from one plant on the average; I'm asking because some growers say they get up to 15 fruits per plant
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:07am On Jan 01, 2021
hadex90:
well done job boss, please can you shed more light on cucumber pruning and the advantage.
careful pruning cucumber has many advantage than you can imagine. Unpruned will aid habitation of insect, it will make your pesticide spraying time increase, working through furrow will not be easy, instead for your cucumber to be feeding main stand cheesy it will also be feeding two to three base branch, fruit per stand will increase but not viable for market, during raining season it will encourage sickness e.t.c NOTE understand how to prune before you do it!!!

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:26am On Jan 01, 2021
Omonaijani:
@Farmerakinloye6 please like how many fruits are you expecting from one plant on the average; I'm asking because some growers say they get up to 15 fruits per plant
with what am seeing, I will have more than 15 per stand but not all will be viable for market. If GOD allow me to see 10 viable on each stand grin grin cheesy cheesy BABA my net pt go pass 1m.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 12:58pm On Jan 01, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Been busy like seriously these days with other commodity, I track the farm land to know exact plot,0.2 hectare, I Also install new system. Manure application in progress..more update loading
that is 3 plots
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Mide3367: 11:14pm On Jan 01, 2021
Get this for your cucumber farm and thank me later.
Do you seek a simple and effective solution for plant nutrition with additional benefits for your soil? Neem Organic Fertilizer is here for you!. It gives 15-25% better yield than most other fertilizers. Moreover, Neem fertilizer controls nematodes and other soil-borne pests, thereby helping roots to absorb nutrients in a regular and optimum manner.
The offered organic fertilizer has N-P-K in ratio 0.39:3.38:1.50
Message me on whatsapp https:///2347015585967 to buy.
10k for bag of fertilizer
6k for bottle of Neem oil

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by komoland: 6:35am On Jan 04, 2021
@Farmerakinloye6 am happy for you bro keep it up, please after you apply basal manure before planting that enrich the soil, what kind of fertilizer have you apply after transplanting the cucumber till date that make it grow like this?
Farmerakinloye6:
Growing but sad I don't have chance to prune sad
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:28pm On Jan 04, 2021
komoland:
@Farmerakinloye6 am happy for you bro keep it up, please after you apply basal manure before planting that enrich the soil, what kind of fertilizer have you apply after transplanting the cucumber till date that make it grow like this?
1 Time NPk 15:15:15 I suppose to apply another one but no time again, when I got to the farm yesterday I was like shocked shocked shocked cucumber wan turn Bush..so pruning on point now.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by ojbig1: 7:42pm On Jan 04, 2021
Please I need suggestions. I did a tomato nursery using coco peat and chicken manure. After 10 day the seedlings started dying mostly the stem shrinks before it die.
I consulted with @farmerakinloye and realized the manure is the culprit.
Am ready to do a fresh nursery using coco peat and npk 15:15:15 dissolved in water.
Do I use this method or use coco peat and plain water.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:50am On Jan 05, 2021
ojbig1:
Please I need suggestions. I did a tomato nursery using coco peat and chicken manure. After 10 day the seedlings started dying mostly the stem shrinks before it die.
I consulted with @farmerakinloye and realized the manure is the culprit.
Am ready to do a fresh nursery using coco peat and npk 15:15:15 dissolved in water.
Do I use this method or use coco peat and plain water.
this is not tomato thread sad Bro, only cocopeat!!!!!!!!!! Hope it not a used one?spread it on ground so it root can tap nutrient when it shoot out, don't spread it on concrete!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by ojbig1: 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2021
Thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
this is not tomato thread sad Bro, only cocopeat!!!!!!!!!! Hope it not a used one?spread it on ground so it root can tap nutrient when it shoot out, don't spread it on concrete!!!!!!
bro pls how have u been handling white flies?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by komoland: 6:28am On Jan 06, 2021
Thanks, how do you apply NPk 15:15:15, is it by fertigation system or by hand application to the soil, am asking cos we are in dry season and hot weather now.
Farmerakinloye6:
1 Time NPk 15:15:15 I suppose to apply another one but no time again, when I got to the farm yesterday I was like shocked shocked shocked cucumber wan turn Bush..so pruning on point now.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:41pm On Jan 06, 2021
Olaleyeabdullah:
bro pls how have u been handling white flies?
I use rich soil as my insecticide.am stopping usage of insecticide tomorrow. How do you wet? If you are wetting from the head to the base,it is wrong! It will encourage disease or virus. Wet only the base. To my knowledge I don't think there is way to eradicate white fly fully in a farm. What is happening to the crop? Upload it

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:47pm On Jan 06, 2021
komoland:
Thanks, how do you apply NPk 15:15:15, is it by fertigation system or by hand application to the soil, am asking cos we are in dry season and hot weather now.
by hand application, light deep hole,few inches from each stand,then cover back after the application. If it is 20:10:10, then you will have to be very careful. Am learner, pls what is fertilizer application has to do with hot weather?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:59pm On Jan 06, 2021
Major problem now is cucumber growth is faster than me, some ridges are now lock lipsrsealed. Pruning continue. I also spot Downy mildew infection too today

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2021
2% are like first pix while 60% are like second pix. Who else is agree with me this thing is fast.

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:30pm On Jan 06, 2021
HOW MANY PLOTS DID YOU CULTIVATE?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 9:13pm On Jan 06, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I use rich soil as my insecticide.am stopping usage of insecticide tomorrow. How do you wet? If you are wetting from the head to the base,it is wrong! It will encourage disease or virus. Wet only the base. To my knowledge I don't think there is way to eradicate white fly fully in a farm. What is happening to crop? Upload it
whiteflies started feeding on the leaves, I have sprayed a solution of neem, oil and liquid soap. It seems to work as at the time I left there sha

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by bfag: 10:11pm On Jan 06, 2021
You are doing a great job bro
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 5:31am On Jan 07, 2021
Which Cultivar is this
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by komoland: 11:07am On Jan 07, 2021
Am a learner too bros, some farmers say npk fertilizer can be applied during the summer months if you are ''careful'' while some say it is not advised to applied it because it can burn the plants causing excess growth and lots of stems and leaves will outgrow the root system and create stress as the roots try to maintain the plant, that is why i'm asking and that is the reason i was not apply npk fertilizer to my plants during summer months because i would not like to take a risk i was only applied basal manure to the soil and foilar liquid fertilizer directly to the leaves, but now i will try npk fertilizer application since you had applied it and everything work well, i knew soil applied fertilizers feed the plant longer than fertilizers applied to the leaves because it lays in reserve in the soil.
Thanks for this lesson, after transplanted the cucumber how many days interval you applied npk fertilizer to the soil?
Farmerakinloye6:
by hand application, light deep hole,few inches from each stand,then cover back after the application. If it is 20:10:10, then you will have to be very careful. Am learner, pls what is fertilizer application has to do with hot weather?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:26am On Jan 07, 2021
Olaleyeabdullah:
whiteflies started feeding on the leaves, I have sprayed a solution of neem, oil and liquid soap. It seems to work as at the time I left there sha
next time buy rich soil,it work fine and very effective.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:28am On Jan 07, 2021
komoland:
Am a learner too bros, some farmers say npk fertilizer can be applied during the summer months if you are ''careful'' while some say it is not advised to applied it because it can burn the plants causing excess growth and lots of stems and leaves will outgrow the root system and create stress as the roots try to maintain the plant, that is why i'm asking and that is the reason i was not apply npk fertilizer to my plants during summer months because i would not like to take a risk i was only applied basal manure to the soil and foilar liquid fertilizer directly to the leaves, but now i will try npk fertilizer application since you had applied it and everything work well, i knew soil applied fertilizers feed the plant longer than fertilizers applied to the leaves because it lays in reserve in the soil.
Thanks for this lesson, after transplanted the cucumber how many days interval you applied npk fertilizer to the soil?
my friends do apply after one week, but apply my own after two weeks.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by komoland: 11:38am On Jan 07, 2021
Thanks.
Farmerakinloye6:
my friends do apply after one week, but apply my own after two weeks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (72) (Reply)

Quality Bulldozer Land Clearing Service Nationwide. Reliable services. / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc / 10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.