Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,810 members, 7,824,374 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

My Cucumber Farm Dairy - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (118920 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by komoland: 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2021
Bro you did your cucumber nursery on 28th November and transplanting on 3rd December. You transplanted on the field 5 day after seed germinate on the nursery?
Farmerakinloye6:
I Transplant on 3rd
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 1:06pm On Jan 07, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
next time buy rich soil,it work fine and very effective.
alright sir
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by gokpoechi(m): 6:06pm On Jan 07, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
next time buy rich soil,it work fine and very effective.

@Farmerakinloye6 my oga, please what is rich soil? Can you elaborate on this? I have followed your this thread from day 1 and didn't see the stage at which you applied this. Kindly help with more details sir. Thank you for the good work

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 11:20pm On Jan 07, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I use rich soil as my insecticide.am stopping usage of insecticide tomorrow. How do you wet? If you are wetting from the head to the base,it is wrong! It will encourage disease or virus. Wet only the base. To my knowledge I don't think there is way to eradicate white fly fully in a farm. What is happening to crop? Upload it
Why do u want to stop insecticide applicatn?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by okoroemeka(m): 8:32am On Jan 08, 2021
FarmTech:

from my own perspective stopping insecticides use in flowering cucumber farm is a smart idea,the farmer planted to harvest cucumber,he didn't plant to harvest healthy greenish leafs,if he continue to use insecticides this dry season with few bees and pollinators he may have a strange case of healthy crops with poor yield, ironically it is the devil's alternative,if he continues intensive insecticides application he will have very good healthy crops with very poor yield,but if he stops the application he will have a slightly insect infected farm with bees of course and a good yield,for us we always choose yield and good production.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by SESknowledge: 11:41am On Jan 08, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
am not a fan of any kind of foiler fertilizer, I don't use them. If you have already bought it check the instruction on it. 45 days.

Good morning Farmerakinloye6. I've attempted to send you a mail through nairaland.
I'll like to contact you for a little guidance. Thank you sir.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2021
komoland:
Bro you did your cucumber nursery on 28th November and transplanting on 3rd December. You transplanted on the field 5 day after seed germinate on the nursery?
Yes. 28-3 that six days, cucumber know get time Bro, everything naso so speed.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:51pm On Jan 08, 2021
gokpoechi:

@Farmerakinloye6 my oga, please what is rich soil? Can you elaborate on this? I have followed your this thread from day 1 and didn't see the stage at which you applied this. Kindly help with more details sir. Thank you for the good work
forget OGA mater I be learner too. Rich soil is an insecticide(my regular), I use sharpshooter once and caterpillar force twice.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:07pm On Jan 08, 2021
FarmTech:

Mr. Okoroemaka has answered part of the question. Nothing is eating the leafs again, Also want it to be fit for eating. my fear now is Downy mildew ravaging people farm. I went to two of my friends farm, I was shock shocked when I saw damage Downy mildew had caused. It like this weather too contribute to it (south west)
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2021
okoroemeka:
from my own perspective stopping insecticides use in flowering cucumber farm is a smart idea,the farmer planted to harvest cucumber,he didn't plant to harvest healthy greenish leafs,if he continue to use insecticides this dry season with few bees and pollinators he may have a strange case of healthy crops with poor yield, ironically it is the devil's alternative,if he continues intensive insecticides application he will have very good healthy crops with very poor yield,but if he stops the application he will have a slightly insect infected farm with bees of course and a good yield,for us we always choose yield and good production.
My oga I remove my hat, you have said it all!
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:14pm On Jan 08, 2021
SESknowledge:

Good morning Farmerakinloye6. I've attempted to send you a mail through nairaland.
I'll like to contact you for a little guidance. Thank you sir.
am a learner too, if you don't mind posting it here, you May be lucky and get my ogas reply. If you insist check my signature.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by gokpoechi(m): 1:58pm On Jan 08, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
forget OGA mater I be learner too. Rich soil is an insecticide(my regular), I use sharpshooter once and caterpillar force twice.

Thank you sir
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by ideepaul: 3:00pm On Jan 08, 2021
Has rain started falling in your area Boss? Over here, we have had 3 moderate rainfalls within a week
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by safarifarms(m): 3:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
ideepaul:
Has rain started falling in your area Boss? Over here, we have had 3 moderate rainfalls within a week
Really? It only rained last night in my farm area. 3 occurrence within a week in January is a new one o. Climate change I guess.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by ideepaul: 3:50pm On Jan 08, 2021
safarifarms:

Really? It only rained last night in my farm area. 3 occurrence within a week in January is a new one o. Climate change I guess.
we had heavy rain on Tuesday, light rain on Wednesday and the one of last night!
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by komoland: 4:06pm On Jan 08, 2021
Noted with thanks.
Farmerakinloye6:
Yes. 28-3 that six days, cucumber know get time Bro, everything naso so speed.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by SESknowledge: 4:27pm On Jan 08, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
am a learner too, if you don't mind posting it here, you May be lucky and get my ogas reply. If you insist check my signature.

I have about three plots of land in Abeokuta that's cleared and burnt in anticipation of Cucumber farming.
The stream directly behind the land is seasonal and has dried up. I understand a portion beside it could be dug to get water easily ( this is what a farm adjacent mine did) then get a pumping machine.

I'm fascinated and inspired by the orderliness of your farm and I'll wish mine be tailored along this.

My queries.

1. Drip irrigation reduces stress considerably. How much would it cost to run this on a plot of land? In case one isn't able to afford the drip irrigation, would the use of long hose from the pumping machine suffices?

2. I understand you planted Greengo, what comparative advantage does it have over other hybrids? How much is it and where can I get it in Abeokuta?

The beds are about to be contracted out. I hope I can always revert here or contact you via your signature as the events unfold. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
ideepaul:
not yet but am feeling it will soon rain here too.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:49pm On Jan 08, 2021
SESknowledge:

I have about three plots of land in Abeokuta that's cleared and burnt in anticipation of Cucumber farming.
The stream directly behind the land is seasonal and has dried up. I understand a portion beside it could be dug to get water easily ( this is what a farm adjacent mine did) then get a pumping machine.

I'm fascinated and inspired by the orderliness of your farm and I'll wish mine be tailored along this.

My queries.

1. Drip irrigation reduces stress considerably. How much would it cost to run this on a plot of land? In case one isn't able to afford the drip irrigation, would the use of long hose from the pumping machine suffices?

2. I understand you planted Greengo, what comparative advantage does it have over other hybrids? How much is it and where can I get it in Abeokuta?

The beds are about to be contracted out. I hope I can always revert here or contact you via your signature as the events unfold. Thank you.
1.there are some material I listed on my irrigation system and kit thread you will need to price there, or contact cedagrochemical she is on nairaland or the address below. If you are going manual,I will advise you do 500 stand maximum. 2.if you are in South West plant greengo, you don't want to have issue when it is ready for market. I bought 1 sachet (1000 seed ) 8,700 in November, you can contact cedagrochemical she sells, though have not patronize her but Mr okoroemaka and ideepaul once vouch for her. Sure I will always answer your questions here. I feel your passion bro, God will help you.

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by SESknowledge: 10:20pm On Jan 08, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
1.there are some material I listed on my irrigation system and kit thread you will need to price there, or contact cedagrochemical she is on nairaland or the address below. If you are going manual,I will advise you do 500 stand maximum. 2.if you are in South West plant greengo, you don't want to have issue when it is ready for market. I bought 1 sachet (1000 seed ) 8,700 in November, you can contact cedagrochemical she sells, though have not patronize her but Mr okoroemaka and ideepaul once vouch for her. Sure I will always answer your questions here. I feel your passion bro, God will help you.

I'm most grateful bro.
I'll contact the address below since it's close to the proposed farm in Abeokuta.
God bless our efforts.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 10:48pm On Jan 08, 2021
okoroemeka:
Thanks. What about using neem oil at this stage.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 10:59pm On Jan 08, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Mr. Okoroemaka has answered part of the question. Nothing is eating the leafs again, Also want it to be fit for eating. my fear now is Downy mildew ravaging people farm. I went to two of my friends farm, I was shock shocked when I saw damage Downy mildew had caused. It like this weather too contribute to it (south west)
Thanks bro.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by SESknowledge: 1:16pm On Jan 09, 2021
Cedagrochemical:

You can trust us with your money sir. We are looking forward to taking your orders

Hello sir/ma.
I'll like to get the Greengo cucumber seed. How do we go about it please?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Cedagrochemical(f): 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2021
SESknowledge:

Hello sir/ma.
I'll like to get the Greengo cucumber seed. How do we go about it please?

Sorry for the late response, greengo is currently not in stock. But I have Jorad F1. Thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:38am On Jan 12, 2021
Things I don't anticipate is happening, greengo seed is between 12-15k,if you see cheesy. I was in market this morning and price of cucumber was not encouraging at all,3k maximum. Our people that took their own to Lagos last week Tuesday sold it 3k too. If you watch this video you notice someone even mention 2k https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ8Jr8kn8gd/?igshid=zll14cdh6xny or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqTUq6TEaE4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:54am On Jan 12, 2021
So.. harvest started yesterday evening and I took it to market this morning with this (Big boy) farm tool, my farm is 36km to market, and I think if I don't have my own mean of transportation,driver will eat huge percentage of my profit, the minimum I will be paying for transport per harvest will be 11k,so I bought it. If you can afford it,pls buy it too, it a great asset and fine helping farm tool!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by tpben: 3:15pm On Jan 12, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Things I don't anticipate is happening, greengo seed is between 12-15k,if you see cheesy. I was in market this morning and price of cucumber was not encouraging at all,3k maximum. Our people that took their own to Lagos last week Tuesday sold it 3k too. If you watch this video you notice someone even mention 2k https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ8Jr8kn8gd/?igshid=zll14cdh6xny or

Too bad for the stress
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by ideepaul: 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
So.. harvest started yesterday evening and I took it to market this morning with this (Big boy) farm tool, my farm is 36km to market, and I think if I don't have my own mean of transportation,driver will eat huge percentage of my profit, the minimum I will be paying for transport per harvest will be 11k,so I bought it. If you can afford it,pls buy it too, it a great asset and fine helping farm tool!
when someone is selling cucumbers at 3k during the rainy season and also during the dry season, is it worth the stress? it's generally poor, even in my place...the peak of scarcity was just after the August break, since then the price has been generally low.
btw, how much is that tricycle?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:18pm On Jan 12, 2021
ideepaul:

when someone is selling cucumbers at 3k during the rainy season and also during the dry season, is it worth the stress? it's generally poor, even in my place...the peak of scarcity was just after the August break, since then the price has been generally low.
btw, how much is that tricycle?
that is farming for you my brother,it do happen, so no shaking. 660k plus transport and other expenses to my side 720k
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by gokpoechi(m): 8:35pm On Jan 12, 2021
Great farmers in the house, please what is the best treatment for termites? Those things are killing my coconut plants.

Please help
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by SESknowledge: 9:50pm On Jan 12, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:

This drop in price is indeed worrisome, considering the stress put into the cultivation. The least I expect a bag of cucumber to go for at this dry season is 5k. What could be responsible for the drop in price of the commodity? A glut?

I still haven't got the Greengo seed.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:54pm On Jan 13, 2021
SESknowledge:

This drop in price is indeed worrisome, considering the stress put into the cultivation. The least I expect a bag of cucumber to go for at this dry season is 5k. What could be responsible for the drop in price of the commodity? A glut?

I still haven't got the Greengo seed.
500 seed is 7500 here and 1000 seed 15k. Have seen Tokyo production and it fine too, you can try it. If greengo Cucumber do well and don't sick@ 3k you will make huge profit. Using myself as an example, my first harvest is 20 bag, Do the math. Am going to market tomorrow to know current price.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (72) (Reply)

Quality Bulldozer Land Clearing Service Nationwide. Reliable services. / 10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.