Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

My Cucumber Farm Dairy - Agriculture (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (118637 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by REUBEN010(m): 7:04am On Oct 31, 2022
freshrose:

My desire is pepper and perhaps Okra

Be sure to stay away from Ogun-Osun river banks because of annual flooding. If you can, take a trip down to Igan-gan after Mokoloki to enquire for land close to a stream (not the river).
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by freshrose: 10:46am On Oct 31, 2022
REUBEN010:

Be sure to stay away from Ogun-Osun river banks because of annual flooding. If you can, take a trip down to Igan-gan after Mokoloki to enquire for land close to a stream (not the river).
Thanks so very much.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:45am On Oct 31, 2022
aquadude15:

Why did this year glut persist till now
price will be good starting from next week..I was in market this morning and there was cucumber. Also, this is best time to plant..
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:48am On Oct 31, 2022
Olaleyeabdullah:
think i saw anointing oil in the materials you used for your farm. Any reason for that sir. Just having some random thoughts on what farmers battle to have good yield
Am a member of mountain of fire and miracle ministry...I always anoint my self, house and work.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by freshrose: 4:51pm On Oct 31, 2022
REUBEN010:

I will appreciate if you can give me a link. Though, l live at Ofada and always hear Mokoloki but l have not been to the place.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Omonaijani: 7:49pm On Oct 31, 2022
freshrose:

I will appreciate if you can give me a link. Though, l live at Ofada and always hear Mokoloki but l have not been to the place.
Mokoloki is very popular, it's along papa road, you may go through Omu junction or via Mosadomi, you might want to use bike because of the poor state of the road.
If you live in ofada, it might be a good idea to get a motorcycle of your own if you're thinking of farming around Moko because daily bike should be around 1k to and fro.

As for the popular OgunOsun Farm settlement which is rented to the general public at 20k/hectare/year, there's river there that you can make use of and this will save you the stress of traveling farther inside Moko, while it is true that the OgunOsun land has been over used and will definitely not be good for doing pepper, there are some lands around OgunOsun that belong to private families that have not been overused, the only thing is the lands are not tractorable like OgunOsun, but they'll be good for pepper and okra.

Another thing you can do if you live in Ofada is to meet land agents or Omoonile's, there are some landed properties in acres all around that are fenced that you can rent on yearly bases, while these properties may not have boreholes, people leaving around those properties usually have boreholes, you can talk to them if they'll allow you pump water and pay.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by freshrose: 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2022
Omonaijani:

Mokoloki is very popular, it's along papa road, you may go through Omu junction or via Mosadomi, you might want to use bike because of the poor state of the road.
If you live in ofada, it might be a good idea to get a motorcycle of your own if you're thinking of farming around Moko because daily bike should be around 1k to and fro.

As for the popular OgunOsun Farm settlement which is rented to the general public at 20k/hectare/year, there's river there that you can make use of and this will save you the stress of traveling farther inside Moko, while it is true that the OgunOsun land has been over used and will definitely not be good for doing pepper, there are some lands around OgunOsun that belong to private families that have not been overused, the only thing is the lands are not tractorable like OgunOsun, but they'll be good for pepper and okra.

Another thing you can do if you live in Ofada is to meet land agents or Omoonile's, there are some landed properties in acres all around that are fenced that you can rent on yearly bases, while these properties may not have boreholes, people leaving around those properties usually have boreholes, you can talk to them if they'll allow you pump water and pay.
Thanks so very much. I really appreciate your analysis. Will take a step.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:11pm On Nov 02, 2022
Cucumber begins to go up... I sold 6.5-7k this morning.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Chidiebubeoji: 7:49pm On Nov 02, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
Cucumber begins to go up... I sold 6.5-7k this morning.

That's really good to know...

Sir, about transplanting;
You transplant 3 days after germination.
At that time cucumber seedlings are still very young and do not have any true leaf yet.

So, I suppose that is only practicable with drip irrigation system which ensures steady and light supply of water after transplanting, right?

The question: I'm not using drip irrigation yet it's manual watering. Can I nurse my seedlings until when they have 1-2 true leaves before transplanting?
Does staying that long on seed tray affect plants?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Ayobami3310c(m): 1:42pm On Nov 03, 2022
Una wahala too much get d fuk out of here man!!
Orwasen:
Connect directly with soyabeans farmers in Benue state and buy soyabeans with high quality and to the quantity you desire call or whatapp us today @ 07069670428
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 9:09pm On Nov 03, 2022
freshrose:

Thanks so very much. I really appreciate your analysis. Will take a step.
There use to be a Mokoloki agent here but he died last year.

Mokoloki is a very good place.. Been there to get a land before... It's close to the Dam.

And very safe as well
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:07am On Nov 05, 2022
Farmtech pls do the needful! This guy orwAseN is spamming threads like seriously... cucumber price today is 8.5-8k if the head is up if not 6k.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:32am On Nov 05, 2022
Chidiebubeoji:

That's really good to know...

Sir, about transplanting;
You transplant 3 days after germination.
At that time cucumber seedlings are still very young and do not have any true leaf yet.

So, I suppose that is only practicable with drip irrigation system which ensures steady and light supply of water after transplanting, right?

The question: I'm not using drip irrigation yet it's manual watering. Can I nurse my seedlings until when they have 1-2 true leaves before transplanting?
Does staying that long on seed tray affect plants?
once your cucumber has two leaf successfully it is ready for transplanting. It is not good enough to leave the seedlings to have 3-4 leaf before you transplant.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Chidiebubeoji: 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
once your cucumber has two leaf successfully it is ready for transplanting. It is not good enough to leave the seedlings to have 3-4 leaf before you transplant.
Ok, thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
Farmtech pls do the needful! This guy orwAseN is spamming threads like seriously... cucumber price today is 8.5-8k if the head is up if not 6k.
Ok.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Chidiebubeoji: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2022
Please bosses, I have NPK 12 12 17 I bought early this year. I was told it is good for cucumber.
What do you think?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by aquadude15: 3:14pm On Nov 09, 2022
Chidiebubeoji:
Please bosses, I have NPK 12 12 17 I bought early this year. I was told it is good for cucumber.
What do you think?
You can use it when the cuke is fruiting

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Chidiebubeoji: 6:56pm On Nov 09, 2022
aquadude15:

You can use it when the cuke is fruiting
Alright. Thank you sir.
Like how often?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by aquadude15: 5:40am On Nov 10, 2022
Chidiebubeoji:

Alright. Thank you sir.
Like how often?
You can apply like 15.15.15 also when it start fruiting and after 2weeks
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Chidiebubeoji: 6:35am On Nov 10, 2022
aquadude15:

You can apply like 15.15.15 also when it start fruiting and after 2weeks
Gorrit. Thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by HornyTave: 11:53am On Nov 18, 2022
what's the cause of this wilting in cucumber
it's not manure burn

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by aquadude15: 5:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
HornyTave:
what's the cause of this wilting in cucumber
it's not manure burn
You sprayed a concentrated mixture of chemical.
Don't worry it will heal up.
But avoid that next time
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by HornyTave: 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2022
aquadude15:

You sprayed a concentrated mixture of chemical.
Don't worry it will heal up.
But avoid that next time

I used 5ml of Lara Force Gold to 10L of water when I noticed pest. what other causes might it be?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by REUBEN010(m): 8:45am On Nov 19, 2022
HornyTave:

I used 5ml of Lara Force Gold to 10L of water when I noticed pest. what other causes might it be?

If you sprayed under hot sun even with moderate dose, it can burn the leaves.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by aquadude15: 10:24am On Nov 19, 2022
REUBEN010:

Gbam
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by HornyTave: 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2022
REUBEN010:

I found out the problem.
It's over watering.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:27am On Nov 21, 2022
Those that eat gluten period money has begin to vomit it..I sold 10k flat today, no cap . I no even look uche face lipsrsealed.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Chidiebubeoji: 11:27am On Nov 21, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
Those that eat gluten period money has begin to vomit it..I sold 10k flat today, no cap . I no even look uche face lipsrsealed.
I hope this price will stay high for the next 2/3 months or do you think next glut will come anytime soon?
I'm starting my nursery this week smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (72) (Reply)

Quality Bulldozer Land Clearing Service Nationwide. Reliable services. / 10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.