Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia (324 Views)

My Visit To Chad (live Update). / Asaba To Maiduguri Via Abuja By Road (live Update). / I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by jasbur: 5:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
Hey. I'm from Australia and I travel to politically interesting place and make documentaries about them. I'm independent and not with any organization. Tell me, realistically how safe is Maiduguri for a white guy if I was to have a local with me? What about lake chad? Is it even accessible? What about Kano? I'm not worried about a bit of danger, I've been to war zones before, but I need to know about accessibility and stuff.
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by Froshloaded: 5:27pm On Oct 05, 2020
jasbur:
Hey. I'm from Australia and I travel to politically interesting place and make documentaries about them. I'm independent and not with any organization. Tell me, realistically how safe is Maiduguri for a white guy if I was to have a local with me? What about lake chad? Is it even accessible? What about Kano? I'm not worried about a bit of danger, I've been to war zones before, but I need to know about accessibility and stuff.

Post this in the travel section
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by feemi: 5:31pm On Oct 05, 2020
As a white guy,u are joking.

But u can go, if u need to take risk. Otherwise, give guys some does cos u may need to pay plenty to be alive.
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by Adrian9(m): 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
If you are going with the Justice League, then its OK!
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by ITbomb(m): 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2020
Deposit your ransom money with the bank first

In case you don't know, a sitting governor was attacked along the road thrice (with combine military and police security cover).
Our president don't even go there

However, if you really want to go to Lake Chad, go through Chad and with Chadian soldiers
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by RemoveKebab: 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2020
OP State your real mission

1.Gun runner
2. Mercenary
3.Or Humanitarian service/war reporter

Because any foreigner that want to visit a warzone have either of this missions

1 Like

Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by jasbur: 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2020
RemoveKebab:
OP State your mission

1.Gun runner
2. Mercenary
3.Or Humanitarian service/war reporter

Because any foreigner that want to visit a warzone have either of this missions

Yeah #3, reporter. Making a documentary about Boko. Would Boko kill me simply because I'm white? I would live as a muslim while I visit.
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by RemoveKebab: 6:10pm On Oct 05, 2020
jasbur:

Yeah #3, reporter. Making a documentary about Boko. Would Boko kill me simply because I'm white? I would live as a muslim while I visit.
you can start visting this thread to prepare you and how you can find your way there.

Goodluck and dont get killed by uncircumcised goat fvckers

And dont get scammed.

https://www.nairaland.com/2239266/battle-field-discussion-picture-video
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by ogaofficer(m): 6:26pm On Oct 05, 2020
A state governor was attacked twice recently. That's to tell you how unsafe things are down there. But there is what we called calculated risk, if you can take it you are fine.
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by richidinho(m): 6:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
I'm presently in Monguno LGA where idps from 3 other LGAs displaced by BOko haram are being sheltered, presently the road connecting Maiduguri with the place is very risky to travel on considering the fact that the AOGs has 8 different check points where they are collecting money from the travellers
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by ednut1(m): 7:00pm On Oct 05, 2020
jasbur:

you will be likely kidnapped for ransom. Don't be unfortunate

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Travellers To The US Will Now Pay $15,000 Visa Bond According To Trump / How Do I Get A Bus From Abuja To Aba / How God Saved Me From Death - Victim Of Abeokuta Tanker Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.