Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:58 AM

Nigeria In 2065 - Pics - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria In 2065 - Pics (11118 Views)

Not Even America Can Defeat Nigeria In A War Now..... / Atiku is best candidate to defeat buhari- : Atiku Nigeria In Actualisation 2019 / Obasanjo Finally Reveals Who He Will Support To Lead Nigeria In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 06, 2020
Rossinky Nigeria can look like this in 2040 (not even 2065) because technology is greatly improved. But it may require a good communist system of government/leadership and not democracy. Never!
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by andyanders: 9:50pm On Oct 06, 2020
Op, you must have been on weed.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 10:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
lexy2014:

If GDP and population size are d criteria for foreign investment, what foreign investment have d present GDP& population size of Nigeria attracted and how has that translated to better living standard for Nigerians?

Out of the 54 African countries, Nigeria is the 4th highest recipient of Foreign Direct Investment after South Africa, Egypt, and Morocco:

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/africa-in-focus/2019/10/09/figure-of-the-week-foreign-direct-investment-in-africa/

Living standards are improving generally, and GDP per capita growth is on a steady rise, the current economic recession notwithstanding. See report on Africa - The world's fastest growing middle class, in which Nigeria is featured prominently:

https://www.uhy.com/the-worlds-fastest-growing-middle-class/
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by dukeprince50: 10:03pm On Oct 06, 2020
Rossinky:
Lagos

[img]https://smartcdn.prod.postmedia.digital/vancouversun/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/png0713-weather-04.jpg?quality=100&strip=all&w=380[/img]

no offense but crase deh do u for not putting portharcourt.
I wish we had visionary leaders, achieving this would have been possible
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by lexy2014: 10:05pm On Oct 06, 2020
Rossinky:

Out of the 54 African countries, Nigeria is the 4th highest recipient of Foreign Direct Investment after South Africa, Egypt, and Morocco:

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/africa-in-focus/2019/10/09/figure-of-the-week-foreign-direct-investment-in-africa/

Living standards are improving generally, and GDP per capita growth is on a steady rise, the current economic recession notwithstanding. See report on Africa - The world's fastest growing middle class, in which Nigeria is featured prominently:

https://www.uhy.com/the-worlds-fastest-growing-middle-class/

D report was about Africa in general & not about Nigeria specifically. Ur thread was specific. Nigeria is known to have d highest number of poor people in d world. Where's ur "improving living standards" coming from?

In terms of d FDI u say Nigeria is the fourth highest in Africa, has it impacted in d rate of employment & unemployment in d country?
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 10:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
sbaks:
Rossinky Nigeria can look like this in 2040 (not even 2065) because technology is greatly improved. But it may require a good communist system of government/leadership and not democracy. Never!

I actually have some sympathy for this view, believe it or not. I think we will get there quicker if we adopted a China-type, top-down, centralized approach characterised by radical bans on imports and heavily enforced self-sufficiency.

But there will be heavy opposition to such measures, just as they were in China. China resorted to serious repression and curtailment of civil liberties. I doubt such tactics can succeed in Nigeria for long. It will therefore need to be a mix of Chinese style control, and substantive democracy, to get to where we want by 2065.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 10:14pm On Oct 06, 2020
lexy2014:

D report was about Africa in general & not about Nigeria specifically. Ur thread was specific. Nigeria is known to have d highest number of poor people in d world. Where's ur "improving living standards" coming from?

In terms of d FDI u say Nigeria is the fourth highest in Africa, has it impacted in d rate of employment & unemployment in d country?

The plunge in oil prices has led to recession in Nigeria, and this has affected all sectors of the economy. Nigeria is STILL a mono-product economy in terms of govt's dependence on oil revenues. However, this is changing, as the non-oil sector accounts for an ever greater share of govt revenues.

Diversification away from oil and gas is Nigeria's top priority at present, and the govt has shown every sign that it recognises that fact, and has hence invested huge sums in the agriculture and agro-processing sectors, as well as in infrastructural development in rail particularly, which is aimed at bringing down the cost of doing business in Nigeria, a move which on completion, will explode the economy in terms of opportunities.

So, we are on the right path in general.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by AustineJohn908(m): 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2020
kenny714433:

That district was designed for that purpose by Arch. Obong Attah, the governor Akpabio succeeded.

We already have the Ministry of works complex, the tropicana, the 21 storey building, another proposed 15 storey building, the international worship center, banking layout etc there. In the nearest future, individuals will start developing the place alongside the government. It's well planned with amazing roads and sweet surroundings.
Can I have some pictures of those places especially the roads please?
I'll be grateful if you can send me pictures of the roads and all of Dem together
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by lexy2014: 10:22pm On Oct 06, 2020
Rossinky:

The plunge in oil prices has led to recession in Nigeria, and this has affected all sectors of the economy. Nigeria is STILL a mono-product economy in terms of govt's dependence on oil revenues. However, this is changing, as the non-oil sector accounts for an ever greater share of govt revenues.

Diversification away from oil and gas is Nigeria's top priority at present, and the govt has shown every sign that it recognises that fact, and has hence invested huge sums in the agriculture and agro-processing sectors, as well as in infrastructural development in rail particularly, which is aimed at bringing down the cost of doing business in Nigeria, a move which on completion, will explode the economy in terms of opportunities.

U didnt answer d questions I asked about I didn't about recession (even though u got it wrong) and I didn't ask u about diversification. What I asked is this:

"The report was about Africa in general & not about Nigeria specifically. Ur thread was specific. Nigeria is known to have d highest number of poor people in d world. Where's ur "improving living standards" coming from?

In terms of d FDI u say Nigeria is the fourth highest in Africa, has it impacted in d rate of employment & unemployment in d country?"
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 11:23pm On Oct 06, 2020
lexy2014:

U didnt answer d questions I asked about I didn't about recession (even though u got it wrong) and I didn't ask u about diversification. What I asked is this:

"The report was about Africa in general & not about Nigeria specifically. Ur thread was specific. Nigeria is known to have d highest number of poor people in d world. Where's ur "improving living standards" coming from?

In terms of d FDI u say Nigeria is the fourth highest in Africa, has it impacted in d rate of employment & unemployment in d country?"

Just because it's not the answer you want to hear doesn't mean the question hasn't been answered.

For instance, you don't need to 'ask me about recession' for me to tell you that the recession accounts for the rise in unemployment, since that is what happens during all recessions anywhere on earth. But recessions are not permanent, and thus, neither are bouts of unemployment.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by lexy2014: 11:31pm On Oct 06, 2020
Rossinky:

Just because it's not the answer you want to hear doesn't mean the question hasn't been answered.

For instance, you don't need to 'ask me about recession' for me to tell you that the recession accounts for the rise in unemployment, since that is what happens during all recessions anywhere on earth. But recessions are not permanent, and thus, neither are bouts of unemployment.

Still haven't answered what I asked u. Your responses are off point:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Flytime: 1:04am On Oct 07, 2020
Rossinky:

Yaawwwnnnn........Same thing the residents of Broad Street said in 1954.

Same thing the villagers of central Nigeria said in 1975 when we told them there would be a modern, world class city named Abuja replacing their huts.

Same thing the villagers of Uyo said when we told them in 1982 that their village, Uyo, would be among Nigeria's most beautiful cities in 2020.

NIGERIA keeps proving you naysayers and negativists wrong.

the question is wouldn't the world have gotten past that and new styles of buildings would be erected and all that would be ugly and outdated?
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 07, 2020
Rossinky:

Nigeria should focus on recovering the $600 billion dollars looted and oil blocks cornered by it's leaders looters.

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 1:25am On Oct 07, 2020
Rossinky:

Which country on earth is not ruled by 'corrupt criminals'?

Name ONE, let me educate you.

Listen, we know you detest Nigeria, and expect nothing good from her. ALL your posts scream the fact.

What I wonder is why people like you feel the need to come here everyday when you have no hope for the country.

Why dwell in a place of hopelessness?

Do you gain energy from it?

If I felt the way you did, I wouldn't even bother visiting a Nigerian forum. For what?

But your type feel like if you haven't come in here to convince the rest of us to lose hope in Nigeria, your day is not complete.

Why are you so desperate to drag us all down with you into your abyss of hopelessness and failure?

Nigeria will remain a failed state as long as PDP,APC and APGA the dens of robbers,drug barons and ritualists hold sway.

Look at the Dream Team I put together to salvage the country from the abyss.

https://www.nairaland.com/5690877/dream-team-transform-nigeria-2023
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by LeeMason(m): 7:48am On Oct 07, 2020
sbaks:
Hahah you never can tell. Singapore, Malaysia, China and even Rwanda are perfect examples

Bros me and you know the kind country we frm and the kind of politicians we have.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Etrusen(m): 9:16am On Oct 07, 2020
Jesus!!!
my belle wan tear for laugh because I just can't stop laughing.
Mr man this can never be possible

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Etrusen(m): 9:21am On Oct 07, 2020
Supermugu:
grin...I thought this is what people are agitating for

where is Niger delta republic

if you think Niger delta will join either Oduduwa or Biafra, you fail.

this is how it will look when it is divided

Niger delta republic
Arewa republic
Oduduwa republic
Biafra republic

Mr man you better design your map again
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2020
LeeMason:

Bros me and you know the kind country we frm and the kind of politicians we have.
lol but e still dey possible. Anything can choose to happen last minute. The eyes of the citizens could finally be opened and then they'll begin to hold their politicians accountable for everything. We just never can tell
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Techcrunchng(m): 5:20pm On Oct 07, 2020
Rossinky:

No wahala. Let it be obsolete. We're not in a race with anyone. Are those pictures not looking better than what we have today? So long as we've made progress, we're good. Even if by then the USA and co are building cities in the sky. No wahala. We like to build on the earth.
it's ok

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Timatayo1: 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2020
Are you sure with situation of things in Nigeria now I don't think so
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2020
Bialegend:

Bro, you have simply done justice to that Ayahuasca fool called Rossike. The idiot has been posting same pictures since twenty years ago. Visit cybereagles.com/forum and search for his posts 20 yrs ago and you will find same pictures and many topics on this same photos all over the forum. He is a certified Ayahuasca drinker and the Ayahuasca has damaged his brain seriously. The idiot is above 60 yrs old and still believe in a failed one zoo.

Please take it easy bro, you're taking things too personal.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 07, 2020
Rossinky:

20 years ago? But I thought YOU were saying, ''20 years ago'', that Nigeria would break up in the next 2 to 3 years.

Just like you're saying today.

I think you're the loon.

Meanwhile, in the last 20 years, Nigerian cities have improved in infrastructure by an absolute mile. Uyo, Calabar, Lagos, Kano, Enugu, Onitsha, Port Harcourt, Owerri, Asaba, Awka, Abuja, et al, have all witnessed SIGNIFICANT infrastructural development in the last couple of decades.

And who can ignore the investments in rail and airport infrastructure that have transformed those sectors?

So I'm right. We ARE moving forward, and you, Mr Nigeria will break up tomorrow, are wrong.
The military performance was so terrible. They were just busy looting.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by omoharry(f): 7:30pm On Oct 07, 2020
Laughing in Swahili .I love your spirit .We cannot achieve this unless we fight for it
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by omoharry(f): 7:32pm On Oct 07, 2020
Rossinky:

Nigeria is a capitalist society. You do not use emotion or sentiment when dealing with commerce.

If and when Nigerian manufacturers produce affordable, durable, relevant goods, they will get Nigerian patronage.

Nigerians are buying Innoson vehicles. I plan on getting one too.

Nigerians used to patronise foreign films, music, fashion etc, until sharp Nigerians began to Nigerianize those sectors, and now, Nigerians want nothing else but the Nigerian version, so your point is baseless.

If you come out with something good that makes sense, and is well-branded, Nigerians will buy!

you are right .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2020
johnpablo541:

Your photo of Abuja 1975 was actually taken January 2020.

Is it the normal Google search you use in getting those information?
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2020
BabaOwen:
The military performance was so terrible. They were just busy looting.

Yep. There is definitely more accountability now than in the days of military rule. Politicians can be corrupt today, but they still need to show some work on ground, or they'll quickly become irrelevant, and worse, potential EFCC customers.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 8:31pm On Oct 07, 2020
sbaks:
lol but e still dey possible. Anything can choose to happen last minute. The eyes of the citizens could finally be opened and then they'll begin to hold their politicians accountable for everything. We just never can tell

This thing you said is already happening, even though we tend not to notice. Political accountability has improved in Nigeria, most notably among state governments.

There was a time looting was just a normal thing, and Nigeria was Number 2 on Transparency International's corruption index after Colombia or something. This was in the early 90s under Babangida. It was just free for all. Nothing like EFCC, and anyone who tried to raise alarm was quickly 'settled' by the IBB govt (egunje).

We underestimate how far we've come politically. There is no reason to think that this trajectory of rising govt accountability will not continue into the future, as Nigerians become more politically sophisticated, and socially attuned to their rights and responsibilities.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 8:48pm On Oct 07, 2020
Flytime:
the question is wouldn't the world have gotten past that and new styles of buildings would be erected and all that would be ugly and outdated?

I don't actually think so. 45 years is not THAT long a period whereby architectural styles would radically change.

Here's a picture of Los Angeles 45 years ago...(1975)

Sure, it's hardly Dubai, but this skyline wouldn't look out of place in a city today.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by harrystories(m): 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2020
Rossinky:
Uyo, Akwa Ibom

Nuh be lie, I believe in Uyo. I was there early this year and I was impressed with what I saw. This City can achieve greatness.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 08, 2020
harrystories:
Nuh be lie, I believe in Uyo. I was there early this year and I was impressed with what I saw. This City can achieve greatness.
Nigeria lacks maintenance culture and most Nigerians don't pay tax for maintenance . Once a place experiences little development ,everyone runs there and destroy the place. Now it's Uyo's turn. Nigerian cities are what I call one hit wonders,they reign for a period and fade, Just as Calabar was popular from late 90s to 2010s. Though Calabar has always been a historic tourist city with beautiful culture and nature , and Calabar has existing advantages and potential of being a worldclass mega city. Uyo does not have Calabar's depth of surviving long without attention, it was only lucky to be given a face lift due to high oil prices then.
Just as Ibadan built cocoa house in the 1960s ,I foresee Uyo may not see another highrise like the 20 story in decades, while Calabar already has numerous highrises and other projects being planned by private sector.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by jubilee55f: 1:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
That will be about 39 years after the
rapture, according to Pastor Chris Oyakilome . He said rapture will take
over the world in the next three to nine years and definitely not more than that. Meaning more than 98 percent of Nigeria's sinful populace must have been swept away by the rapture . Including definitely President Buhari and all his descendants. Who then will be the Nigerian president that will bring about this great change?
That is, if Nigeria still exists by then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

New APC Members Can Contest 2023 Elections / Governor Akeredolu Woos Investors At London Summits (Photos) / Keyamo: APC Will Win 2023 Presidency Irrespective Of The Zone It Picks Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.