Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki (30865 Views)

Breaking: 14 APC Governors Sign For Oshiomhole's Removal / See The 14 APC State Chairmen Who Wants Adams Oshiomhole Removed As National Cha / Shehu Sani, 14 APC Aspirants Reject Indirect Primaries In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by uniqueboi1(m): 8:49am On Oct 06, 2020
zoedew:

No way to chew someone whose palms you eat from.

Na true.
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by babyfaceafrica: 8:51am On Oct 06, 2020
zazzi:
The matter will take 3 years to get to supreme court as it will be delayed tactically by then their tenure must have finished.
till then,.. Even if it takes ten years and the lawmakers win, hope you know they will collect all their salaries and allowances for doing nothing .... It is Edo citizens that will lose of this is the case
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by Misterdhee1(m): 8:51am On Oct 06, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

Who sell pure water for Lagos pass Yoruba women ?

They're everywhere in Lagos high ways hawking there pure water and gala.

And if you must talk of prostitution, remember that all it takes to sleep with a Yoruba lady is a plate of Indomie.
It's their land, selling pure water is no biggy. It is coming all the way from Edo to sell pure water in a yoruba land that's a curse. And btw, do you want to be comparing a tribe of less than 5 million people with a tribe with over 50 million people? grin You guys are minority and will remain so.

And the fact that you can sleep with a yoruba lady with just a plate of indomie means you're most likely living in Lagos or ogun state. Why not go back to edo and do Yahoo since that's the only means of employment over there? grin Or probably follow your brothers to Italy through Sahara desert? grin

1 Like

Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by ignis: 8:54am On Oct 06, 2020
This is serious
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by Cool83(m): 8:57am On Oct 06, 2020
go ahead and conduct election if their post is vacant
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by Buksaylor: 9:00am On Oct 06, 2020
Friend22:
This is the same man who said he would uphold the rule of law declaring seats which were as a result of election vacant?!.
Some e rats were busy shouting oshiomole this ,oshiomole. i that.
Even Buhari as "bad" as he is to the land of the rising sun people he never did something like this.

Let them see their *Edo no be Lagos" governor acting like Pompey.

I knew Obaseki was not has he presented himself.

You can read it up on research if you're litterate or you let somebody that went to school read and explain to you about declaration of seats vacant.

1 Like

Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by rolams(m): 9:00am On Oct 06, 2020
BengaziTherapy:
APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRz6Zm_9iR0

Addressing newsmen after paying a "Thank You" visit to the PDP National leadership in Abuja, Governor Godwin Obaseki said he has no powers to bring back the 14 APC lawmakers since their seats have been declared vacant by the Speaker, Frank Okiye and the matter is still argued in the courts.

When quizzed about what APC National leader, Bola Tinubu said about him being undemocratic, Governor Obaseki reiterated his earlier statement about Tinubu's position in the APC as undemocratic.

Obaseki also responded to the pre-election cases, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu has instituted against him.

He has said the truth. God don catch the stupid lawmakers. May their seats remain vacant till eternity. The seats are going to be taken over by PDP.

1 Like

Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by ariesbull: 9:01am On Oct 06, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

Who sell pure water for Lagos pass Yoruba women ?

They're everywhere in Lagos high ways hawking there pure water and gala.

And if you must talk of prostitution, remember that all it takes to sleep with a Yoruba lady is a plate of Indomie.

Even the word Ashawo is a Yoruba word they invented it just like Agbero
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by airoport: 9:02am On Oct 06, 2020
[quote author=daddytime post=94652658]

"Always get educated and acquainted with issues to avoid embarrassing yourself in a public space as huge as this."

Don't mind him. Is it Abuja Hotel that they were supposed to represent Edo people. They didn't learn from history, Saraki emergence as leader of the Senate. Is Abuja their duty post?
I liken their situation to students abandoning their examination hall seeking favour from the examiner or invigilator at a different venue. They lost out due to their fixation on planting themselves in key positions and later impeaching the governor should he deviate from the pact with Osho. They didn't know when to retreat in the face of defeat as real warriors would. Very myopic Representatives.

1 Like

Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by Conrod: 9:03am On Oct 06, 2020
Friend22:

Which speaker?
A speaker that was sworn in the dead of the night?
How many members are currently in the house?
Please spare me the platitudes.
You sound like a familiar loice........oshomole. is that you?

1 Like

Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by SIONKPO1(m): 9:07am On Oct 06, 2020
Those lawmakers gets themselves to be blamed,they should have gone to the house and get inaugurated by the speaker ,then perfect their impeachment coup
Wisdom

2 Likes

Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 06, 2020
Friend22:

Lol grin
See this comedian oh.

I am a full,breed, born Edolite.

I have spent virtually all my life in Edo state from my primary to tertiary education were done in Edo state.
So,what are you trying to claim now?!
Eh?!

Aviele my hometown if you even know anywhere like that .

Alright
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by jneutron4000: 9:07am On Oct 06, 2020
[s][/s]
Ogbuu101:
Thiefnuubu's position is undemocratic grin
"National leader" is a nickname cheesy
[s][/s]
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 06, 2020
Idiot governor don't go and work in Edo State no road almost all the roads are bad, no streets light is working go to Ebonyi an Akwa Ibom state and see what your mate are doing.
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by bright007(f): 9:12am On Oct 06, 2020
Misterdhee1:

Lagos is working and making progresses that's why the people are sane enough not to change a winning team. Are Edo people half as educated as yorubas? Or do you think politics is about prostitution? grin Edo isn't working, so it's understandable that the people can make varied choices. It still doesn't mean Edo will ever even measure up to Agege, not to talk of Lagos. Ask Obaseki himself cheesy

Ode!

Prostitution and skull mining which one is better?

Mind you what's the meaning of Yoruba?

Same name given to a confused set of people by their hausa/fulani slavemasters.

By the way Lagos is no man's land. Get it into your thick afonja head

1 Like

Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by bright007(f): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2020
Misterdhee1:

It's their land, selling pure water is no biggy. It is coming all the way from Edo to sell pure water in a yoruba land that's a curse. And btw, do you want to be comparing a tribe of less than 5 million people with a tribe with over 50 million people? grin You guys are minority and will remain so.

And the fact that you can sleep with a yoruba lady with just a plate of indomie means you're most likely living in Lagos or ogun state. Why not go back to edo and do Yahoo since that's the only means of employment over there? grin Or probably follow your brothers to Italy through Sahara desert? grin

Oga shut up.

When it comes to those seing pure water or gala in Lagos, it's not Edo people.

1 Like

Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by Bluntemperor: 9:15am On Oct 06, 2020
Bola146:
grin small small Mr governor

My Dear,don't preach to him!
Humans don't learn from history,it was this very matter of not swearing in Legislatures that got the People's Mandate,that was the crux of the matter in Edo in the first-term of Obaseki as a Governor.Now he is consolidating power under-PDP.But foolish people will be deceiving him-ride on Mr Governor,after all,the Edo's Crude-Oil is with you,you still want to make Legislatures your enemies! Well,time will tell who is now our new 'Godfathers',after all Edo no be Lagos or Port-Harcourt.
It was Fela Ransome Kuti's Songs 'trouble sleep,yanga de wake am'.Time will tell,if Nigeria Democracy is winning.
Remember,every power in Nigeria-Local govt,State and Federal,including our Legislatures are feeding on the Lacunas in the Constitution and even the Nigerian Courts are helpless,so are the Citizens!
It is well with my Country Nigeria.
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by yaki84: 9:21am On Oct 06, 2020
Friend22:
This is the same man who said he would uphold the rule of law declaring seats which were as a result of election vacant?!.
Even Buhari as "bad" as he is to the land of the rising sun people he never did something like this.

Bros the speaker declared those seats vacant, yes I know money and power must have been the factor involved but u don't expect the govr to go and act where he doesn't have jurisdiction.
It was all politics and it went south which can only be amended or fix by the court.
Your blame should be unto oshiomole for trying to play godfather role from day 1.

1 Like

Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by jimter44(m): 9:23am On Oct 06, 2020
This governor should walk the path of peace and reconciliation and not be bragging online. By denying these legislators to function, it's indirectly affecting those people they represent.
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by Mejor79(m): 9:25am On Oct 06, 2020
I upheld his response on somebody speaking from Lagos on being undemocratic. Its a very intelligent response on Godfather-ism.

1 Like

Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by Judeerons32: 9:31am On Oct 06, 2020
You should ask for the court case. Obaseki knows most people do not take time to dig. In the court case the factional speaker denied denying seats of members elect vacant. But said he only declared 2 seats vacant. But that has been overtaken by the inauguration of the members. I hope when the Federal govt provides security for the members pdp will gently go to court for interpretation.
teebaxy:
Governor Godwin Obaseki said he has no powers to bring back the 14 APC lawmakers since their seats have been declared vacant by the Speaker, Frank Okiye and the matter is still argued the courts.Governor Godwin Obaseki said he has no powers to bring back the 14 APC lawmakers since their seats have been declared vacant by the Speaker, Frank Okiye and the matter is still argued the courts.
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by hush15: 9:32am On Oct 06, 2020
Friend22:

You said nothing...
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by Misterdhee1(m): 9:33am On Oct 06, 2020
bright007:

Ode!

Prostitution and skull mining which one is better?

Mind you what's the meaning of Yoruba?

Same name given to a confused set of people by their hausa/fulani slavemasters.

By the way Lagos is no man's land. Get it into your thick afonja head
Outside prostitution, how many successful people even dey Edo? Captain Hosa and Oba of Benin abi? cheesy

EDO people are minorities. Fact is sacrosanct. grin
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by Misterdhee1(m): 9:34am On Oct 06, 2020
bright007:

Oga shut up.

When it comes to those seing pure water or gala in Lagos, it's not Edo people.

Hahaa. Sorry, I meant househelps grin
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by voiceless1(m): 9:35am On Oct 06, 2020
Friend22:

It's either you didn't play the video,
Or it's comprehension is beyond your mental capacity.
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by Notatribalist(m): 9:38am On Oct 06, 2020
Friend22:

Why will I say anything "reasonable" to people like you.
No,I didn't say you should say it to me,but say it to fellow zombies like you.
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by daddytime(m): 9:40am On Oct 06, 2020
Friend22:

Oga,shift go one side abeg.
What has getting educated and acquainted to an issue that I have always known from the begining?

You think I dont know how the current speaker and other floor members were sworn in under duress at the dead of the night by your "Edo no Lagos" Pompey.
You think you can brow beat me with your so called "awareness"
Sorry to break it to you bro, the 14 members whom after election we were expecting to carry out their duty as our representatives were not allowed to be sworn in properly except a forced minority,but no, I need to get educated and acquainted with issues were minority gets to decide the fate of the majority by someone who thinks he knows my state better than I do.

Abeg,don't come all on "intelligent" on me when I can easily pick out what you don't know.

As I said,just shift go one side make I see front.

Smh for you. Smallie
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by Bizibi(m): 9:41am On Oct 06, 2020
Friend22:

Why will I say anything "reasonable" to people like you.
mtcheeeeew
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by Ategberoson(m): 9:44am On Oct 06, 2020
Oshiomole expose himself politically too much or who will think a man that claimed to be politically smart wouldn't adopt forgive and strike tactics to get through Obaseki's political engine

the lawmakers were only queuing behind the man that influence their primary election maybe which is political loyalty but still they were not smart enough. why would Oshiomole raised the issue of these lawmakers somewhat of telling them to resume unconstituted plenary in one building aside from the constituted House of assembly complex during election?

the hope those 14 lawmakers have now is to decamp to PDP, reconcile with Obaseki and settle the case out of court because their victory in court will still be challenge in court of appeal which will waste their tenure period

you can blame Obaseki from now till tomorrow but those lawmakers will still be seen as rebellion and enemies to him
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by onatisi(m): 9:45am On Oct 06, 2020
is your head correct at all,? so all what the man said in simple understandable English that even a 10 years old will understand without any problem is too difficult for your brain to understand and comprehend ? dmmm . see the leaders of tomorrow
Friend22:

1 Like

Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by bright007(f): 9:47am On Oct 06, 2020
Misterdhee1:

Outside prostitution, how many successful people even dey Edo? Captain Hosa and Oba of Benin abi? cheesy

EDO people are minorities. Fact is sacrosanct. grin

Shut up and stop shifting goal post!

Skull mining and prostitution, which is better?

I asked you earlier what's the meaning of Yoruba?
Re: Edo: The 14 APC Lawmakers Seats Remain Vacant - Obaseki by PROPHETmichael: 9:49am On Oct 06, 2020
Friend22:

Which speaker?
A speaker that was sworn in the dead of the night?
How many members are currently in the house?
Please spare me the platitudes.

They were sworn in the dead of the night so that they can become Oshiomole's nightmare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Are Continuing Our Enquiries On Kanu’s Arrest – UK / APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper / Obituary: Burial Of UN Aid Worker & Medical Doctor Killed By Boko Haram In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.