Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His (1086 Views)

My Relative Just Called Me That War Is Comming / Vigilante Members Kill Lawyer Hours After Being Called To Bar (Photos) / Police Called To Arrest A Drunk White Woman Fighting In Lekki, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His by nnamx4u: 7:25am On Oct 06, 2020
I bought an airtel sim last week and just this morning around 6am someone called me with private number claiming that the sim is his. He lost his one and he has been calling the number it has not been going.

I asked him where he lost the sim? He said he plugged it in a betnaija shop and they took it from there. he asked them to give him the sim and collect the phone but they did not respond.

I asked him when he lost the phone? He said a year ago.

Can this be true or is their something fishy about this

We are in different states
Re: I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His by LawLab247: 7:26am On Oct 06, 2020
Hmmm
Re: I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His by madridguy(m): 7:30am On Oct 06, 2020
Sim card has sent many to the prison.

I hope you still have your Sim card pack intact? If yes, do you also have a good lawyer?
Re: I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His by iretiolu92(f): 7:30am On Oct 06, 2020
It's true. It is very common to airtel

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His by Jabioro: 7:32am On Oct 06, 2020
Report the issue to Airtel,check your sim name on Truecaller to verified your name,keep all your simpack intact..where and when you bought t ..it is not your concern..let him go and bring his forces from Jupiter..
Re: I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His by Tomtomy98: 7:32am On Oct 06, 2020
nnamx4u:
I bought an airtel sim last week and just this morning around 6am someone called me with private number claiming that the sim is his. He lost his one and he has been calling the number it has not been going.

I asked him where he lost the sim? He said he plugged it in a betnaija shop and they took it from there. he asked them to give him the sim and collect the phone but they did not respond.

It is the truth...Airtel did recycle....so you just bought it
No need to fear
After one year they sell to another customer
Re: I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His by Legalcriminal: 7:34am On Oct 06, 2020
Oga destroy the sim and buy another one na #200 before this guy down here come carry you for house to pay 200k

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His by Goldp5988(f): 7:34am On Oct 06, 2020
iretiolu92:
It's true. It is very common to airtel

I misplaced my airtel sim, and I save the number on my mtn sim, next thing I saw somebody's picture on the airtel WhatsApp display picture, d matter surprise me fa

2 Likes

Re: I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His by nrexzy: 7:38am On Oct 06, 2020
Just get a new one... But ask the person for his location and full name
Re: I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His by Emmanuel909090: 7:38am On Oct 06, 2020
Similar thing happened to me and it's airtel... I travelled for a long time and my airtel sim was dormant, they recycled the sim I guess. But it has not been sold out, I even went to their office to see if I can get it back but when checked he said it's not possible and my details are still associated with that particular sim when he checked on their platform. Now I keep calling that sim to know when it's ON so I can negotiate with the person that will buy it. Because that sim is associated with many things I have done in the past and it's affecting me.

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His by austine4real(m): 7:47am On Oct 06, 2020
It will ends in tears trow it away bro
Re: I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His by sonofthunder: 7:54am On Oct 06, 2020
nnamx4u:

So what does he want you to do? Unless he's insinuating you are a thief and if you are not one then you need to draw a clear line.

Tell him to call airtel to make his complaints that you can't do much. You should also register your displeasure with your service provider.
Re: I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His by izywzy: 7:59am On Oct 06, 2020
Network providers should be SUED by any victim of embarrassment, theft or scam.

If you misplace your SIM, retrieve it ASAP because if you don't the exact LINE will be sold to someone else who will then be receiving your alerts and other notifications.
Re: I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His by DenreleDave(m): 8:02am On Oct 06, 2020
nnamx4u:

Return it to the owner b4 they put police inside oooo..

If u can't, destroy the sim card
Re: I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His by DenreleDave(m): 8:05am On Oct 06, 2020
Goldp5988:

I misplaced my airtel sim, and I save the number on my mtn sim, next thing I saw somebody's picture on the airtel WhatsApp display picture, d matter surprise me fa

Kwara pikin.

Fa angry grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His by Catchfirez: 8:10am On Oct 06, 2020
SIM are recycled after 6 months, you have nothing to fear. Just keep you SIM certificate. It's yours because you bought it. I believe Nigerians don't read T & C of network providers. If the owner call you, tell him you bought it. Because he should have retrieve it between the space if 6 months.
Re: I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His by Goldp5988(f): 11:47am On Oct 06, 2020
DenreleDave:

Kwara pikin.

Fa angry grin grin

No ma'am just like the fa they use to add when they are talking
Re: I Bought A Sim And Someone Just Called To Claim It Is His by DenreleDave(m): 11:51am On Oct 06, 2020
Goldp5988:

No sir just like the fa they use to add when they are talking

Which state r u from fa

(1) (Reply)

Most Of The Unintelligent Guys In Your Class Are Now Into Fraud Called Yahoo / Gunmen Killed Nigerian Soldier One Week To His Wedding / My Sister Misplaced Her Card And Money Was Wiped Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.