Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,843 members, 7,824,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria (17788 Views)

Garba Shehu To Yakasai: Buhari's Support For Bola Tinubu Is Unquestionable / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: Buhari Lacks Power To Restrict Movement In Lagos, Abuja / Buhari Lacks Powers To Order Zakzaky’s Release – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by blacknp(m): 6:35pm On Oct 06, 2020
muykem:
This is exactly my point that didn't go down well with many people here on nairaland. President power is also limited since all his actions must conform with constitution. The army of government that empowered to alter constitution is legislature. Buhari has no power to restructure or refuse to restructure Nigeria. The power rest on Nigeria people through their representatives at state and national assembly.
Leave them to keep fantasizing in their mental oblivion, President Buhari should restructure Nigeria? Ignorance kill Mumus, Adeboye & Co should know better.

1 Like

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Burruchaga71(m): 6:37pm On Oct 06, 2020
Redcrafton:
But he has the powers to circumvent the constitution on Federal character on his appointments?
. Don't mind the idiot...
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by blacknp(m): 6:39pm On Oct 06, 2020
Xisnin:

Buhari is so powerless that he initiated RUGA.
He didn't wait for the assembly.
Ignorance again, RUGA is a presidential initiative not an act of parliament, The Lands Use Act, an act of Parliament has already made provisions for RUGA, you just have to go and read it properly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by blacknp(m): 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2020
Burruchaga71:
. Don't mind the idiot...
What Section of the Federal CharacterPrinciple did he circumvent? A lot of kids just talk without going to study for themselves, follow Follow Zombies. He made a Northerner the head of agency, is the deputy also a Northerner?, that is circumventing the principle.

1 Like

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by bejeria101(m): 6:45pm On Oct 06, 2020
The last cowbender would die trying.

No need to bother, his brain cannot handle it.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by PrudencyFeats: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2020
muykem:
This is exactly my point that didn't go down well with many people here on nairaland. President power is also limited since all his actions must conform with constitution. The army of government that empowered to alter constitution is legislature. Buhari has no power to restructure or refuse to restructure Nigeria. The power rest on Nigeria people through their representatives at state and national assembly.

We understand. But since the legislature are mere rubber stamp in the hands of the president, be can also present the necessary bills Nigerians want and equally use them to stamp it and get it approved.

Shebi he said Saraki led senate was withholding his progress, now that Ahmed led senate is now pencil in his hands, nothing stops him from restructuring.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by IkwerrePikin: 7:32pm On Oct 06, 2020
DMerciful:
Niger Delta Republic is just a mirage! Nobody is even agitating for it

Who told you?

I’ve told you stick to your boundary and stop your attach by force.

Our father rejected your biafra in 1967 and we the generation of today will continue to reject it.

We Niger deltans will gain nothing to join Igbos for biafra absolutely nothing.

Niger delta republic for South South alone is far better than join igbos for biafra.

Can your biafra Enugu, onitsha, aba and owerri be compared to Port harcourt city, Benin city, Calabar city, Uyo city, Warri and Asaba?

Stay your lane and fight for your Igbo biafra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Guide777(m): 7:35pm On Oct 06, 2020
The real restructuring has started. We have witnessed the formation of the Northern Nigeria Bar Association in preparation for Republic of Northern Nigeria. Expect others to follow suit. When you hear of Oduan Bar Association and Biafran Bar Association then you what it means.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by DonX001: 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2020
SLAP44:

I'll gladly help grin
grin grin grin
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Coldie(m): 7:39pm On Oct 06, 2020
Miracle2020:
which appointment? Do you know how many tribes we have in this country? Must everything be given to you people? During Tafawa balewa regime 78% of his cabinet were igbos but the same igbos killed him. Why are you people so greedy like this?
Shut up this is not true.

If u can back this up let's debate.

Balewas death is regrettable but its not d way u put it.

What do u mean by greed?

OK tell me who is greedy amongst these 2 something thats meant for 6people one person takes half and shares the other half with the remaining 4, the remaining one who didn't receive anything and is complaining is that the greedy one.

A lot of u talk asif u only know what English language is but u don't know the Meaning of the words u type
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by 1solution: 7:39pm On Oct 06, 2020
Who do they think they are fooling, the national Assembly they have rigged with there false claim of being more populated and so have more representatives. We are not interested in the Abacha constitution again on a new slate of brand new constitution devoid of nepotism and imbalance we stand. We say no to federal character and cashment area on merit we stand
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Xisnin(m): 7:47pm On Oct 06, 2020
blacknp:
Ignorance again, RUGA is a presidential initiative not an act of parliament, The Lands Use Act, an act of Parliament has already made provisions for RUGA, you just have to go and read it properly.
The land use act has nothing to do with RUGA where the government
want to use public funds to acquire land for private businesses.
But I don't expect use to get it because the document is too simple.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Coldie(m): 7:48pm On Oct 06, 2020
Xisnin:

The land use act has nothing to do with RUGA where the government
want to use public funds to acquire land for private businesses.
But I don't expect use to get it because the document is too simple.
I won't lie, there's nothing wrong with the ruga initiative.

If the fg can come out clean and ensure its for every Nigerian its a nice idea
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 7:54pm On Oct 06, 2020
I am from Delta state and I cannot say I'm in the same ethnic nationality as Urhobo. Niger delta is just a collection of many minority tribe that are not one people. So if Nigeria breaks up, it would be foolishness to think Niger Delta as presently constituted will form a nation
IkwerrePikin:

Who told you?

I’ve told you stick to your boundary and stop your attach by force.

Our father rejected your biafra in 1967 and we the generation of today will continue to reject it.

We Niger deltans will gain nothing to join Igbos for biafra absolutely nothing.

Niger delta republic for South South alone is far better than join igbos for biafra.

Can your biafra Enugu, onitsha, aba and owerri be compared to Port harcourt city, Benin city, Calabar city, Uyo city, Warri and Asaba?

Stay your lane and fight for your Igbo biafra
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by ultiliberty(m): 7:57pm On Oct 06, 2020
This is news
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by NAIJAilliterate: 8:04pm On Oct 06, 2020
Coldie:

Nigeria is a blessing to us o, if u no know know now.

To me what's the use of saying u want whether restructuring or Biafra then u all relocate from the region to another?

If Igboland present SE was a country of it's on, considering it's present location, I assure u the SE will be very poor, take it from me. I am an avid reader and researcher.

Benin republic and Togo is larger than the SE land mass and has access to sea yet it's as poor as poverty, togolese are one of the poorest in the world.

Sierra Leone and Liberia almost same size with SE with sea access they are very POORRRRR, govt of Liberia is always begging Nigeria for aid.

Not to talk of Niger republic that's like times 10 of Biafra, look how they suffer...

LoL... Make short sighted thinking no go make I'ma make big mistake o

illiterate in human development index Benin Republic and togo there is not much difference with Nigeria which shows Nigeria is a total failure with its huge population

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by NAIJAilliterate: 8:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
Whoever is calling for one Nigeria whoever is calling for restructuring these people are only illiterate every region was going separate ways that is the only development in this country

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Coldie(m): 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2020
NAIJAilliterate:

illiterate in human development index Benin Republic and togo there is not much difference with Nigeria which shows Nigeria is a total failure with its huge population
The world has gone far, like father than u think o.

Theirs lots of things u can do with your phone now for free.

Use it
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Coldie(m): 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2020
NAIJAilliterate:
Whoever is calling for one Nigeria whoever is calling for restructuring these people are only illiterate every region was going separate ways that is the only development in this country
U go old, if u keep waiting for Nigeria to divide
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Earnonline7: 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2020
Ehy
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by nonhuman(m): 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
I am very stupid for voting this man, please my Benue people should forgive me, I was influenced as a lagosian
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by EMMY76: 9:34pm On Oct 06, 2020
Long story buhari have never believed in restructuring he will even frustrate what ever efforts the legislatures come up with.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by jacoik(m): 9:51pm On Oct 06, 2020
Supermugu:
grin Restructuring na small thing nowww !!!!!

DISINTEGRATING NA EM grin grin grin
lolxxxxx hahahaha aswear guy u don mad finish oooooo. then which people come get Nigeria as u don share everything like this
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Sagay212: 10:03pm On Oct 06, 2020
Abo.kis always jittery when they hear restructuring. They love free govt jobs and money.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Wahala90: 10:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
360degreess:
.. Where is the RUGA today?.
Why are you thinking through your anus?

Why e no initiate this one?
Why tell Nigerians he will do it when he does not have the power?
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 10:43pm On Oct 06, 2020
muykem:
This is exactly my point that didn't go down well with many people here on nairaland. President power is also limited since all his actions must conform with constitution. The army of government that empowered to alter constitution is legislature. Buhari has no power to restructure or refuse to restructure Nigeria. The power rest on Nigeria people through their representatives at the state and national assembly.
The same President forcing RUGA and other law/bills without going through the legislations. This amount of changing the goal post.

If change enter Nigeria we will know.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by DrJordan(m): 11:53pm On Oct 06, 2020
This old fool,, talking trash, when it comes to a proposal that will benefit other regions you people will now remember that they have representatives.Good,if there's must be any debate on the floor, there must be equal States in all regions, equal Senators and NAS.Because as it stands now if the bill is thrown on the floor,the region with highest senators and nas member will manipulate it because it is not in their favour.2 things must happen in Nigeria btw now and 2023, either they restructure this country or we break up.The northerners has been cheating other regions for decades.

NE--compriese of 6 states with 18 Senators
NC--comprises of 6 states with 19 Senators including FCT which produces 1 Senator.
NW--comprises of 7 states with 21 Senators
SW--compriese of 6 states with 18 Senators
SE-- comprises of 5 states with 15 Senators
SS-- comprises of 6 states with 18 Senators

Senators from the North 58
Senators from the South 51

Federal House of representatives,(360 members)

Abia--8
Adamawa--8
Akwa Ibom--10
Anambra--11
Bauchi--13
Bayelsa--5
Benue--11
Borno--10
Cross River--8
Delta--10
Ebonyi--6
Edo--9
Ekiti--6
Enugu--8
FCT--2
Gombe--7
Imo--2
Jigawa--10
Kano--23
Kaduna--16
Kastina--15
Kebbi--7
Kogi--9
Kwara--5
Lagos--24
Nassarwa--5
Niger--10
Ogun--9
Ondo--10
Osun--10
Oyo--13
Rivers 13

More senators North,more nas North.So bringing any bill that's not in their favour is dead on arrival.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by themanderon: 12:12am On Oct 07, 2020
Anything that will remotely tilt the balance of this one sided nation away from the north is always met with one hurdle after the other but one day all these Will change either they like it or not cos evil cannot last forever.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by ofiko123(m): 3:29am On Oct 07, 2020
Supermugu:

Disintegration is never an option.. It will lead to loss of lives and properties..
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Prinnce1: 5:23am On Oct 07, 2020
Supermugu:

no de put akwa ibom with Biafra for any reasons
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by akigbemaru: 6:15am On Oct 07, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NIN Enrolment: NIMC Seeks N25bn For Storage Servers / "I Have Found My Missing Original Certificates" - Obaseki / Tegina Kidnap: Victims Narrate How They Survived Without Food, Water, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.