Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria (17781 Views)

Garba Shehu To Yakasai: Buhari's Support For Bola Tinubu Is Unquestionable / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: Buhari Lacks Power To Restrict Movement In Lagos, Abuja / Buhari Lacks Powers To Order Zakzaky’s Release – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by mimilogistics: 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2020
We wish Nigeria the best of luck in all she does smiley
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Sholaco: 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2020
Okay
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Adrian9(m): 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2020
He has the power,but lacks the will !
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2020
BlackfireX:
grin

Why did I vote for this man in 2015, and reenforced it in 2019

I deserve some slapping..

You do
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by HabaHaba: 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2020
muykem:
This is exactly my point that didn't go down well with many people here on nairaland. President power is also limited since all his actions must conform with constitution. The army of government that empowered to alter constitution is legislature. Buhari has no power to restructure or refuse to restructure Nigeria. The power rest on Nigeria people through their representatives at state and national assembly.

How about when the legislature has been bought to act dumb?!
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by 4gunners(m): 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2020
rontolo:
This is half truth. The president is a powerful symbol of authority, with extensive influence over the current national assembly.

His role here is in the signalling. Expression of openness to popular will. That is good leadership, one which Buhari obviously desperately lacks.

All Buhari is concerned with is sustaining the status quo and hegemony of the North over the rest of us. I don’t blame him, Nigerians are the meekest people ever. Terrible

Dele Farotimi said it all on Arise TV: You don’t expect those benefiting from the status quo be the one to make changes- that’s almost impossible.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Coldie(m): 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2020
If u are from the East pushing for restructuring I only wish I understand what your intention is.

As an igbo man say no to restructuring
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by wink2015(m): 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2020
Supermugu:
grin Restructuring na small thing nowww !!!!!

DISINTEGRATING NA EM grin grin grin

WHERE IS SOUTH SOUTH IN YOUR MAP?

Niger delta region is also one of the geopolitical zones in Nigeria.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by backnbeta(f): 4:33pm On Oct 06, 2020
muykem:
This is exactly my point that didn't go down well with many people here on nairaland. President power is also limited since all his actions must conform with constitution. The army of government that empowered to alter constitution is legislature. Buhari has no power to restructure or refuse to restructure Nigeria. The power rest on Nigeria people through their representatives at state and national assembly.
His actions must 'conform' with constitution when the Southerners need something, but he is free to abuse his powers and disregard this same constitution when he needs to favour the North undecided

3 Likes

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by SOJOSEPH(m): 4:33pm On Oct 06, 2020
But had powers to propose ruga.

Galuba, are the security issues new. Sack your chiefs working for the book haram

Most useless administration in the history of Nigeria. Tueh

1 Like

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Misterdhee1(m): 4:35pm On Oct 06, 2020
Coldie:
If u are from the East pushing for restructuring I only wish I understand what your intention is.

As an igbo man say no to restructuring
Why please? Will restructuring still leave the igbo nation at the bereft of the northern hegemony? The best solution to this nation is a stronger region and a weaker center. Nigerians are no longer patriotic, so it's unreasonable to keep hanging on to the federal system.

1 Like

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by SmartPolician: 4:36pm On Oct 06, 2020
muykem:

You really need to jettison this idea because it's not true.

What he needs is political will not the Constitution

Buhari can send a bill to the national assembly, detailing how the new system should be going forward

Dem no born dem well to thrwoaway the bill

His party is in power and controls the parliament

So, he can easily effect any change he wants

It's as easy as calling for a meeting and talking to the heads of the two houses

They will lobby the members

The only problem here is that the north doesn't want to restructure Nigeria and a united south is a mirage

2 Likes

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Royalfurnitures: 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2020
But he has the power to increase fuel price, give 80% of appointments to his Hausa/fulani kinsmen, build a rail line to Niger, introduce water bill etc

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you

2 Likes

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 4:39pm On Oct 06, 2020
The man is pushing the request for restructuring towards a bill that will be rejected by that notorious region.

1 Like

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Franking: 4:41pm On Oct 06, 2020
Does he also lack the power to initiate the process?

1 Like

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2020
shocked nawao
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by emperorzz(m): 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2020
Why didn't the presidency attempt this response (flimsy as it is) instead of saying that they won't be pressured into restructuring and dishing out subtle insults?
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Coldie(m): 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2020
Misterdhee1:

Why please? Will restructuring still leave the igbo nation at the bereft of the northern hegemony? The best solution to this nation is a stronger region and a weaker center. Nigerians are no longer patriotic, so it's unreasonable to keep hanging on to the federal system.
Our only intentions as igbos should not and never be restructuring.

I have studied the northern thinking to a large extent these people are smarter than us down here.

1st they said they don't support indepence, we in the South called them names, after the British left and gave us the indepence 50years later we are wishing they never left. Them and us who turned out right?

2nd they were against the unification decree proposed by aguiyi ironsi that gave the center the power it has now, u saw what later happened. Now we are wishing it never happened.

3rd restructuring they are saying no, and we are calling them names again until it backfires.

I don't know about other regions, if marginalization or tribalism or nepotism can be fixed in Nigeria, and corruption fought to a stand still there's absolutely nothing wrong with the present system.

Restructuring does not favour we igbos in anyway, d day it will happen u would find out it's we from the East that stands to loose out not the north.

Unlike other regions which have sth they want to restructure from my observation all the East wants is for the SE to have an extra state and nothing more. If we move for extra state and restructuring is done which brings true federalism that extra state will be useless to us, apart from that I know the next regions a state will be created from won't be from the East but from the West.

So its a loose loose situation
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by madridsta007(m): 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2020
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/buhari-lacks-the-powers-to-restructure-nigeria-yakasai/

I love the North.
When it comes to proscribing IPOB, Buhari suddenly has the "powers".
But restructuring so that they can get their region and fully islamise it, "he does not have the powers" grin

1st Class Hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2020
OK oooo northerners ZOOGERIA belongs to you guys alone
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by vioment: 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2020
He is right. The senators and reps are the law makers. When they make a passable law, then Buhari signs it. Let it be he don't sign a general progressive law, then he should be ready for the peoples backlash.

Senators and reps, no one is outstanding yet. They like to get state money and be giving around like it is theirs. They don't do no tangible or outstanding work, only to open eyes big when they hear money sharing.

Senators and rep, know your roles.

Is not to be moving around acting like demi gods with ego; And also siphoning the national money with whoever collaborates with you; and also pitting so called titlers against the elected officals. Be responsible and help raise Nigeria to greater and conducive height.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2020
BlackfireX:
grin

Why did I vote for this man in 2015, and reenforced it in 2019

I deserve some slapping..

Na hanging OR Electric chair them go dey use for you
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Coldie(m): 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
Kingscee:
OK oooo northerners ZOOGERIA belongs to you guys alone
I am igbo and I own Nigeria as much as the next person.

Nigeria belongs to whoever owns power and he can do whatever he thinks with it.

Ok you as an igbo man, collect power NO "you say you want biafla or death"

We have been hearing biafra will come almost every year, Biafra we never see Nigeria is now 60, we are shouting biafra spoiling our chance of leadership giving power to others on a platter of gold and shouting na una get Nigeria.

Make we dae get sense o

1 Like

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by KarLmax20(m): 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Restructuring is a scam
How?
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Misterdhee1(m): 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
Coldie:

Our only intentions as igbos should not and never be restructuring.

I have studied the northern thinking to a large extent these people are smarter than us down here.

1st they said they don't support indepence, we in the South called them names, after the British left and gave us the indepence 50years later we are wishing they never left. Them and us who turned out right?

2nd they were against the unification decree proposed by aguiyi ironsi that gave the center the power it has now, u saw what later happened. Now we are wishing it never happened.

3rd restructuring they are saying no, and we are calling them names again until it backfires.

I don't know about other regions, if marginalization or tribalism or nepotism can be fixed in Nigeria, and corruption fought to a stand still there's absolutely nothing wrong with the present system.

Restructuring does not favour we igbos in anyway, d day it will happen u would find out it's we from the East that stands to loose out not the north.

Unlike other regions which have sth they want to restructure from my observation all the East wants is for the SE to have an extra state and nothing more. If we move for extra state and restructuring is done which brings true federalism that extra state will be useless to us, apart from that I know the next regions a state will be created from won't be from the East but from the West.

So its a loose loose situation
The bolded is a tall dream. An average Nigerian has over time learnt to care more about what's in it for his immediate people, than what's in it for the country as a whole. You don't force a change on adults.

Btw, you've not really explained why a stronger region is a lose situation for igbos? Was eastern region a failure before Aguiyi Ironsi came up with the unit federation nonsense?
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by ivili(m): 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hoojay:
Gbas gbos! grin

Hair growth oil wa o!..Lagos clients only pls! kiss
Hello,so you mean besides Lagos you can't deal with people in other places?
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2020
Is what we have a federal system? Absolutely not! What we have is a unitary system. I'm surprised you call this a federal system!
Misterdhee1:

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Misterdhee1(m): 5:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
DMerciful:
Is what we have a federal system? Absolutely not! What we have is a unitary system. I'm surprised you call this a federal system!
Federalism has different species. What we practice is a unit federal system.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Hoojay(f): 5:02pm On Oct 06, 2020
Except u will have to pay for delivery and for product before delivery...
That's always the issue, so I prefer to deal only with Lagos clients
ivili:
Hello,so you mean besides Lagos you can't deal with people in other places?
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Coldie(m): 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2020
Misterdhee1:

The bolded is a tall dream. An average Nigerian has over time learnt to care more about what's in it for his immediate people, than what's in it for the country as a whole. You don't force a change on adults.

Btw, you've not really explained why a stronger region is a lose situation for igbos? Was eastern region a failure before Aguiyi Ironsi came up with the unit federation nonsense?
If it's a tall dream, then we as igbos need to come together settle down and plan about how we are going to do our own.

If we gave other Nigerians chance and the only thing they had in their mind is how to marginalize others, then let it be on the books, so when we will do ours nobody will complain about igbo domination.

If igbos can let go of Biafra cry, if Nigeria gives us power good but if they don't, I have a well thought up plan to fight back.

The current system should remain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pantami: Presidency’s Statement Confirms Sympathy For Terrorism - PDP / Gunmen Kill Vigilante, Abduct DSS Officer In Abuja / Tinubu Campaign Organization: The 11 Northern Governors Are Nigerian Patriots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.