Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria (17798 Views)

Garba Shehu To Yakasai: Buhari's Support For Bola Tinubu Is Unquestionable / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: Buhari Lacks Power To Restrict Movement In Lagos, Abuja / Buhari Lacks Powers To Order Zakzaky’s Release – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by QuotaSystem: 6:26am On Oct 07, 2020
PrudencyFeats:

We understand. But since the legislature are mere rubber stamp in the hands of the president, be can also present the necessary bills Nigerians want and equally use them to stamp it and get it approved.

The minority, not the majority of Nigerians.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by QuotaSystem: 6:32am On Oct 07, 2020
Coldie:

Shut up this is not true.

OK tell me who is greedy amongst these 2 something thats meant for 6people one person takes half and shares the other half with the remaining 4, the remaining one who didn't receive anything and is complaining is that the greedy one.

A lot of u talk asif u only know what English language is but u don't know the Meaning of the words u type

Trash.

Which region took half and shared the other half with the remaining 4? Is the North not half of the 6 people/regions?

So you're now blind to the fact that the North is made up of 3 sub-regions (out of 6) like the south or what?

Make this make sense.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Coldie(m): 6:34am On Oct 07, 2020
[quote author=QuotaSystem post=94687247][/quote]
Say the truth bro.

Majority of buharis appointments went to the north west. U and I know that
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by QuotaSystem: 6:42am On Oct 07, 2020
Coldie:

Say the truth bro.

Majority of buharis appointments went to the north west. U and I know that

Embrace the truth my friend.

How many times have you heard northerners bicker over micro-zoning of Northern appointments? ZERO.

We do not reason like that.

PMB's appointments to the North are indicative of the fact that the North represents 50% & 3 regions of the whole country (half of the Nations appointments)

Which is why it always looks like ONE region dominates appointments instead of the actual THREE, and our unity + similar names make it more pronounced.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by keneck1: 7:34am On Oct 07, 2020
Coldie:

I am igbo and I own Nigeria as much as the next person.

Nigeria belongs to whoever owns power and he can do whatever he thinks with it.

Ok you as an igbo man, collect power NO "you say you want biafla or death"

We have been hearing biafra will come almost every year, Biafra we never see Nigeria is now 60, we are shouting biafra spoiling our chance of leadership giving power to others on a platter of gold and shouting na una get Nigeria.

Make we dae get sense o
I use to believe that my kinsman were wise,never knew politically NDIGBO are babies,still bathing in the belly,anyi kana awu aru na afo in Nigerian politics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by adekolaelect(m): 7:37am On Oct 07, 2020
SilverNorGold:

SIMPLE!

All those wailers blaming Buhari for everything, including their inability to love, this thread is for you.

Buhari is not the problem. He's the solution.

God bless Nigerians.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
wasted ink on senseless comment .

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by drlateef: 7:56am On Oct 07, 2020
DMerciful:
It's very hard to restructure through the national assembly! The North do not want restructuring and they have more lawmakers so by voting its already dead on arrival. Secondly, restructuring will affect the earnings of those fraudulent lawmakers so there is no motivation to do it. Think beyond the surface Mr man

If you believe that your Rep is fraudulent, whose fault is that? Did you not vote him? And I don’t believe all Reps in the North are against restructuring? And even if that is so, why can’t your Reps from south expose them so that everyone knows those who are against progress in Nigeria? Let your Reps move the bills first and let’s see who will oppose them. That’s where to start from.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Coldie(m): 9:58am On Oct 07, 2020
keneck1:
I use to believe that my kinsman were wise,never knew politically NDIGBO are babies,still bathing in the belly,anyi kana awu aru na afo in Nigerian politics
What do u mean
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Yusman316(m): 10:29am On Oct 07, 2020
wink2015:

TANKO did not understand that the International community led by the United States or one of the world powers can intervene in Nigeria case to get all the party to either agree on restructuring or seek for outright Independence.

RESTRUCTURING OR OUTRIGHT INDEPENDENCE CAN NOT BE ENFORCED BY A NIGERIAN LEADERS ALONE.

The national assembly or the existing constitutional provision is not the only legal way to change Nigeria.

OUTSIDE FORCES CAN FORCE IT ON NIGERIANS.

IT WAS DONE IN KOSOVO

AND

SOUTH SUDAN

Heaven did not fall.

It is just a matter of time.

The International community is getting fed up with all this noise coming in from Nigeria.

Very soon the International community will be forced to entrenched a new order in Nigeria.

GADHAFI IS HISTORY IN LIBYA.

SADDAM IS HISTORY IN IRAQ

Sani Abacha died mysteriously in Nigeria.

The way some people enjoyed deceiving themselves is quite magnificent. Among all the countries u mentioned tell me which one was practising democracy at the time of it separation? No matter how flawed a system may be, no country will come and break another country practising democracy. Especially in situations where oppositions can win elections

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Yusman316(m): 10:32am On Oct 07, 2020
drlateef:

If you believe that your Rep is fraudulent, whose fault is that? Did you not vote him? And I don’t believe all Reps in the North are against restructuring? And even if that is so, why can’t your Reps from south expose them so that everyone knows those who are against progress in Nigeria? Let your Reps move the bills first and let’s see who will oppose them. That’s where to start from.
U nailed it bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Coldie(m): 11:45am On Oct 07, 2020
Yusman316:

The way some people enjoyed deceiving themselves is quite magnificent. Among all the countries u mentioned tell me which one was practising democracy at the time of it separation? No matter how flawed a system may be, no country will come and break another country practising democracy. Especially in situations where oppositions can win elections
She they talk like that with that level of foolishness u should be happy that they are just catching cruise and not saying anything serious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by ogododo: 11:56am On Oct 07, 2020
madridsta007:

I love the North.
When it comes to proscribing IPOB, Buhari suddenly has the "powers".
But restructuring so that they can get their region and fully islamise it, "he does not have the powers" grin

1st Class Hypocrites.

They dont want to miss dem source of food

1 Like

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by jonneljonn(m): 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2020
,,END SAARS ,,,END BAD GOVERNANCE,, AND LOOTING OF NIGERIAN MONEY BY POLITICIANS,,,,END POVERTY AND KILLINGS,,RESTRUCTURE NIGERIA ,THERE IS TOO MUCH POWER IN THE CENTER ,,,WE NEED OUR OWN CONSTITUTION NOT MILITARY CONSTITUTION,,END CORRUPTION
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Nodogragra4me(m): 1:07pm On Oct 07, 2020
muykem:
This is exactly my point that didn't go down well with many people here on nairaland. President power is also limited since all his actions must conform with constitution. The army of government that empowered to alter constitution is legislature. Buhari has no power to restructure or refuse to restructure Nigeria. The power rest on Nigeria people through their representatives at state and national assembly.

That is not what shehu's statement sent across.

At any rate an issue as fundamental as reorganising the foundation of Nigeria cannot come from just nay quarter but the presidency. They are to give to go ahead that this nation is not working as presently arranged. Once they do that, the Nass that is even presently happy with their rubber stamp appellation will produce the United document for the president to sign.

The elite from the core North wants their ordinary citizens to believe that the present arrangement suits and empowers them but that is not the realistic on ground as every indices of development points to a backward North compared to the South

With their overwhelming numbers in the seviruty services, insecurity is still the number finance guzzler in the region.

With federal institutions lined in every state of the core North, they still lack the world class manpower in many states to fill positions of responsibilities if merit was the only yardstick

Let me not continue abeg
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Rawhumper(m): 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2020
The man made sense, but the President can introduce a bill for it.

He thinks Nigeria is business as usual, we all can see Nigerians are now enforcing the right things like End Sars, Edo election, etc.

The Presidency should do the needful, to save the country from breaking up..

muykem:
This is exactly my point that didn't go down well with many people here on nairaland. President power is also limited since all his actions must conform with constitution. The army of government that empowered to alter constitution is legislature. Buhari has no power to restructure or refuse to restructure Nigeria. The power rest on Nigeria people through their representatives at state and national assembly.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2020
It's either you're new in Nigeria or you're playing the ostrich. I don't have time to waste, goodbye
drlateef:

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by writeprof(m): 6:43pm On Oct 07, 2020
Yakasai is not sincere like Buhari also. Did PMB make recourse to NASS to remove a CJN?
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by drlateef: 7:25am On Oct 08, 2020
DMerciful:
It's either you're new in Nigeria or you're playing the ostrich. I don't have time to waste, goodbye

I probably might be older than you. To give you a hint, I was always attending Awolowo’s campaign. We’re you borne then?
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 7:55am On Oct 08, 2020
And yet you're pretending not to know what's happening in Nigeria? If truly you campaigned
with Awolowo then it would suffice to say that your generation failed Nigeria because having gotten independence, you squandered it to bring Nigeria to this pathetic state. If we were under colonialism till 1990, we would have been better. I'm sure you voted for Buhari, a monumental disaster!

The NASS is a fraudulent chamber esp this rubber stamp assembly. A new constitution that will eliminate this wasteful bicameral legislature is what we need
drlateef:

I probably might be older than you. To give you a hint, I was always attending Awolowo’s campaign. We’re you borne then?
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by drlateef: 9:22am On Oct 08, 2020
DMerciful:
And yet you're pretending not to know what's happening in Nigeria? If truly you campaigned
with Awolowo then it would suffice to say that your generation failed Nigeria because having gotten independence, you squandered it to bring Nigeria to this pathetic state. If we were under colonialism till 1990, we would have been better. I'm sure you voted for Buhari, a monumental disaster!

The NASS is a fraudulent chamber esp this rubber stamp assembly. A new constitution that will eliminate this wasteful bicameral legislature is what we need

Ahahahah! The leadership is not the only problem with Nigeria. Even the followers have done more damage to the country. Buhari is not Hush Puppy, Buhari is not yahoo boys. Buhari is not the bribe takers among the police, customs, every staff taking bribe in civil service. Buhari is not the spare parts dealer who sells fake products or the medicine dealer who sells fake medicine. Nigeria is on top when it comes to cyber crimes in the world. We are not the only impoverished people. Somalis are hungrier than us, yet they keep their dignity. We need a social re-orientation. When EFCC picks up someone from your village or church, do you not shout them down? Do you ask for the source of wealth of your village champions ? Do you ask where people get the millions they pay as tithes in churches? People were not this rotten in the early sixties and seventies. But the present generation is a get-rich-quick generation. They will not blame themselves but the government.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Sinistami(m): 9:44am On Oct 08, 2020
Coldie:

Our only intentions as igbos should not and never be restructuring.

I have studied the northern thinking to a large extent these people are smarter than us down here.

1st they said they don't support indepence, we in the South called them names, after the British left and gave us the indepence 50years later we are wishing they never left. Them and us who turned out right?

2nd they were against the unification decree proposed by aguiyi ironsi that gave the center the power it has now, u saw what later happened. Now we are wishing it never happened.

3rd restructuring they are saying no, and we are calling them names again until it backfires.

I don't know about other regions, if marginalization or tribalism or nepotism can be fixed in Nigeria, and corruption fought to a stand still there's absolutely nothing wrong with the present system.

Restructuring does not favour we igbos in anyway, d day it will happen u would find out it's we from the East that stands to loose out not the north.

Unlike other regions which have sth they want to restructure from my observation all the East wants is for the SE to have an extra state and nothing more. If we move for extra state and restructuring is done which brings true federalism that extra state will be useless to us, apart from that I know the next regions a state will be created from won't be from the East but from the West.

So its a loose loose situation

I really don't see what you're driving at. I'm not Igbo by the way but why do you think the present system is good? How do you think Nepotism, tribalsm can be stopped? See ehhhn, If the restructuring means transforming the country to a place was true federalism is practiced then I see at as nice way of curbing tribalism etc.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Coldie(m): 10:32am On Oct 08, 2020
Sinistami:

I really don't see what you're driving at. I'm not Igbo by the way but why do you think the present system is good? How do you think Nepotism, tribalsm can be stopped? See ehhhn, If the restructuring means transforming the country to a place was true federalism is practiced then I see at as nice way of curbing tribalism etc.
If bayelsa didn't have any oil and gas deposits will u be saying this?

Without oil bayelsa is one of the poorest states in Nigeria.

If you were from a bayelsa without oil, would u support restructuring that starves the state of the needed funds for development?

Most of my people shouting restructuring or Biafra plenty of them are plain ignorant and don't know what am saying.

No reasonable Igbo man in this world would ask for restructuring something that the south south is the biggest beneficiary.

No reasonable Igbo man would ask for Biafra, something that the biggest beneficiary is still the south south in the name of Niger delta, yet despite this they hate them for it.

Both Biafra or restructuring no Favour Igbo's in anyway.

Whether IMO or Abia have oil leave it like the way it is, we are not willing nor ready to risk it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by blacknp(m): 11:11am On Oct 08, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

That is not what shehu's statement sent across.

At any rate an issue as fundamental as reorganising the foundation of Nigeria cannot come from just nay quarter but the presidency. They are to give to go ahead that this nation is not working as presently arranged. Once they do that, the Nass that is even presently happy with their rubber stamp appellation will produce the United document for the president to sign.

The elite from the core North wants their ordinary citizens to believe that the present arrangement suits and empowers them but that is not the realistic on ground as every indices of development points to a backward North compared to the South

With their overwhelming numbers in the seviruty services, insecurity is still the number finance guzzler in the region.

With federal institutions lined in every state of the core North, they still lack the world class manpower in many states to fill positions of responsibilities if merit was the only yardstick

Let me not continue abeg
You forgot the right side of your brain in the locker room, Mumu.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:00pm On Oct 08, 2020
blacknp:
You forgot the right side of your brain in the locker room, Mumu.

https://www.nairaland.com/6167629/9-prosperous-states-nigeria-vs

Truth may hurt but living in denial is the greatest disservice to humanity

Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 2:54pm On Oct 08, 2020
Your generation had the golden opportunity to shape Nigeria and to develop it considering the population and wealth at the time. Now you've a lot of graduates with no jobs, so what do you expect smart graduates to do? You already created the right environment from yahoo yahoo, crimes and fraud. Everything rises and falls on leadership so if Buhari that has not improved himself since 1985, has no school he built, no book he wrote, no business he owns will improve the lives of 200 million people then we are expecting way too much! He cannot just give what he doesn't have.

After the civil war, rather than go back to where we were in 1966, we continued with a system of conquest even when we knew that was not what was negotiated by the ethnic nationalities at independence. We thought that if the other two main ethnic groups are having the spoils of war then it's ok but we did not look towards the future to know that such system of injustice would lead us to be the poverty capital of the world and the third most terrorized country. Unless we restructure, breakup is inevitable
drlateef:

Ahahahah! The leadership is not the only problem with Nigeria. Even the followers have done more damage to the country. Buhari is not Hush Puppy, Buhari is not yahoo boys. Buhari is not the bribe takers among the police, customs, every staff taking bribe in civil service. Buhari is not the spare parts dealer who sells fake products or the medicine dealer who sells fake medicine. Nigeria is on top when it comes to cyber crimes in the world. We are not the only impoverished people. Somalis are hungrier than us, yet they keep their dignity. We need a social re-orientation. When EFCC picks up someone from your village or church, do you not shout them down? Do you ask for the source of wealth of your village champions ? Do you ask where people get the millions they pay as tithes in churches? People were not this rotten in the early sixties and seventies. But the present generation is a get-rich-quick generation. They will not blame themselves but the government.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by gtown: 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2020
muykem:
That view actually go down well with many people because everyone familiar with constitutionalism knows it is the right way. But they have to make politics out with it, ie make it as if restructure rest only with the prerogative of Buhari to always have reason to condemn him. Ask them why Obj or GEJ couldn't do it then and listen to their answers. If it were easy that the president alone can restructure the country overnight, at least OBJ would have gotten is third term agenda on Nigerians.
One obvious fact is that most proponents of restructure including those so called constitutional lawyers are confused and don't even know what they are looking for. What is restructure and how it should be carried out are not as When they are not in government and when they are part of the government.
However, I will also agree with you that many doom ass here on nairaland are so ignorant about constitutional operation of the country to know that restructure decision squarely is with their representatives in the NASS. They rely on whatever people like FFk and whoever has declared himself enemy of the admin say to form their own opinion.
What was reported to have been said by Yakassai is the right position of law and constitution of the land. It's the only way those hoping for restructure can take to achieve their desire.
Re: Yakasai: Buhari Lacks The Powers To Restructure Nigeria by Sinistami(m): 7:34am On Oct 09, 2020
Coldie:

If bayelsa didn't have any oil and gas deposits will u be saying this?

Without oil bayelsa is one of the poorest states in Nigeria.

If you were from a bayelsa without oil, would u support restructuring that starves the state of the needed funds for development?

Most of my people shouting restructuring or Biafra plenty of them are plain ignorant and don't know what am saying.

No reasonable Igbo man in this world would ask for restructuring something that the south south is the biggest beneficiary.

No reasonable Igbo man would ask for Biafra, something that the biggest beneficiary is still the south south in the name of Niger delta, yet despite this they hate them for it.

Both Biafra or restructuring no Favour Igbo's in anyway.

Whether IMO or Abia have oil leave it like the way it is, we are not willing nor ready to risk it

My guy there will always be wailers. I believe every state in Nigeria has one or two or more blessings under their soil. Why must we continue with the present system when things are not working. like someone said , even in the US not all states are equal but yes they still survive. I believe all regions have what to survive on. Human resources, natural resources what ever it may be.

And as for the biafran matter. I was once a hater of the biafran concept not the igbos but when I thought deep I found that it was just actually the name I hated and it's true for a lot of Nigerdeltans. The name including the person championing it plus the attitude of a lot of Igbos I've met on-line and offline. You see a lot of Nigerdeltans when they hear the name biafra only think of the amount of bloodshed our people had to go through. The betrayals and lies of both sides of the warring divide. I'm not loud about it but right now I want either biafra or restructure.

They're a lot of Nigerdeltans who think so too but the way a lot of igbo Igbos behave towards us is another major issue. I've insulted igbos before on the net but when I remember that I have igbo friends , a grandma that's Igbo and a little igbo ancestry I just think "who am I insulting? the igbos I see on the net or the ones I see real life? " there's a major difference. Do I really hate Igbos? hell no I don't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court / Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves / Babangida Aliyu Asked To Refund N3bn He Allegedly Looted From Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.