Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

I'm Not Using My Position As Governors Chair To Advance 2023 Ambition — Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Not Using My Position As Governors Chair To Advance 2023 Ambition — Fayemi (902 Views)

Deputies Lose Out As Governors Anoint Other Aspirants As Successors / How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times / How Cabal Caged Osinbajo, Fowler Via EFCC Probes; To Bury Tinubu’s 2023 Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not Using My Position As Governors Chair To Advance 2023 Ambition — Fayemi by nairavsdollars(f): 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Ekiti State governor and chairman of the Nigeria Gover­nors’ Forum (NGF), Dr. Kayode Fayemi, said on Sunday that insinuation that he had been using his position to advance his ru­moured presidential ambi­tion in 2023 was nothing but falsehood.

Fayemi, who spoke with journalists in Lagos, said he was not interested in the 2023 presidential election as his focus was to provide good governance for the people of Ekiti who elected him for a four-year mandate which will lapse in 2022.

On his visits to governors across the states, he said his position as NGF chairman required him to meet with governors who are having issues either in their states or at the federal level as well as to commission projects, if invited to do so.

He gave the examples of Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State who invited him to commission some projects to mark his first year in office in his second term and Bor­no State governor, Babagana Zulum, who survived three attacks from Boko Haram insurgents.

Fayemi also added that the position of chairman of the NGF mandated the occupant to relate with all governors across the country irrespec­tive of their political divide.

“On those saying my visits to other governors is about 2023 presidential ambition, are they saying I should stop being chairman of the Gov­ernors’ Forum because I’m afraid that whatever I do will be perceived as a 2023 agenda? I will be failing in my duty.

“You don’t think I should have gone to Borno when I have a colleague that was at­tacked three times by insur­gents?

“We have been telling him to take things easy, that he can still protect his people without necessarily throwing himself in harm’s way.

He is our colleague and we owe it a duty to provide necessary support and soli­darity. That was why we went there.

“Governors naturally in­vite the chairman of the Gov­ernors’ Forum to commission their projects.

“When I went to Rivers, I met with Wike for two things. He was having problems with the Muslim community in Rivers over a land that was supposed to be used for a Mosque.

“Two, he was having the first anniversary of his return and I went to commission some projects for him".

"Ditto Jigawa that I went to a few weeks ago. That’s just standard practice. It has noth­ing to do with any ambition. 2023 will take care of itself.”

https://www.independent.ng/my-position-as-ngf-chair-not-to-advance-2023-ambition-fayemi/

Re: I'm Not Using My Position As Governors Chair To Advance 2023 Ambition — Fayemi by Racoon(m): 8:39pm On Oct 06, 2020
It is obvious to well discerning minds but of course Fayemi remains a poisonous snitch politician.
Re: I'm Not Using My Position As Governors Chair To Advance 2023 Ambition — Fayemi by thelinguist: 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2020
Racoon:
It is obvious to well discerning minds but of course Fayemi remains a poisonous snitch politician.
true.. Fayemi na snitch... It is open for everyone to see
Re: I'm Not Using My Position As Governors Chair To Advance 2023 Ambition — Fayemi by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2020
Nothing like 2023 in Odua land.

ODUDUWA REPUBLIC..... NOW

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Using My Position As Governors Chair To Advance 2023 Ambition — Fayemi by Rhapsodia: 9:41pm On Oct 06, 2020
cheesy

Fayemi, we are all fools....we totally believe all you have said cheesy
Re: I'm Not Using My Position As Governors Chair To Advance 2023 Ambition — Fayemi by DEROXMAN: 10:39pm On Oct 06, 2020
Fool, big saboteur
Re: I'm Not Using My Position As Governors Chair To Advance 2023 Ambition — Fayemi by TimeManager(m): 11:50pm On Oct 06, 2020
Anti party traitor.

kiss the truth!
Re: I'm Not Using My Position As Governors Chair To Advance 2023 Ambition — Fayemi by slivertongue: 12:05am On Oct 07, 2020
even if you use it, you will fail like others before you.
Re: I'm Not Using My Position As Governors Chair To Advance 2023 Ambition — Fayemi by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:11am On Oct 07, 2020
All these nonsense permutations and speculations about 2023 presidency are mere rumours.

At the appropriate time we will know who will be president. That's all I can say for now.
Re: I'm Not Using My Position As Governors Chair To Advance 2023 Ambition — Fayemi by bolaayenimo: 6:27am On Oct 07, 2020
That can't happen

jerseyboy:
Nothing like 2023 in Odua land.

ODUDUWA REPUBLIC..... NOW

(1) (Reply)

My Current Observations Here On Nairaland On The Endsars Shooting / Boko Haram ‘kills 12’ In Raid Near Nigeria’s Chibok / Shehu Sani Reaction To Government Freezing #endsars Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.