Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

I Need Help With My Sienna - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Help With My Sienna (847 Views)

What Kind Of Work Can I Use My Sienna To Do In Lagos / Which State Can I Go To From PH With My Sienna Car For Transportation? / Please I Need The Experts In The House To Enlighten Me On The Gear Of My Sienna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With My Sienna by ASPIREX: 9:54am On Oct 07, 2020
My wife stopped to help anithet lady to jump start her car on Third Mainland bridge on Monday night.

They disconnected her battery from her Sienna and used it to start the lady's ford focus. On returning the battery, they placed it wrongly before suddenly realizing their mistake. Fortunately, they hadn't ignited the car before correcting the polarity.

However the few sparks the batter emitted is enough to show that some damage had been done. The car has refused to fire/accelerate well. It starts alright, moves very reluctantly but with a cacophony of noises.

My Kazeems have tried to check the plugs and cleaned the injector but this doesn't seem to work.

I need advice on how this can be corrected.
Gurus in the house I count on your support by way of prescription or recommendations.

cc; radauto
Nurey
Gazzuzz
Others too numerous to mention

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:57am On Oct 07, 2020
ASPIREX:
My wife stopped to help anithet lady to jump start her car on Third Mainland bridge on Monday night.

They disconnected her battery from her Sienna and used it to start the lady's ford focus. On returning the battery, they placed it wrongly before suddenly realizing their mistake. Fortunately, they hadn't ignited the car before correcting the polarity.

However the few sparks the batter emitted is enough to show that some damage had been done. The car has refused to fire/accelerate well. It starts alright, moves very reluctantly but with a cacophony of noises.

My Kazeems have tried to check the plugs and cleaned the injector but this doesn't seem to work.

Gurus in the house I count on your support by way of prescription or recommendations.

cc; radauto
Nur ey
Gazzuzz

Thanks in anticipation.

Replace engine ecu
Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by drskyfly007(m): 9:58am On Oct 07, 2020
ASPIREX:

cc; radauto
Nurey
Gazzuzz

Thanks in anticipation.
It is the work of a car electrician and not a mechanic..Try and get one to look into it.
Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by Jojopikin85: 10:14am On Oct 07, 2020
ASPIREX:

cc; radauto
Nurey
Gazzuzz

Thanks in anticipation.
It is not the work of a mechanic, call your rewire to fix it. Such mistake has happened to me before, some coil has burnt as a result of the spark.
Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by ASPIREX: 10:17am On Oct 07, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Replace engine ecu

Wow!

That's equivalent to the brain box right?
Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by ASPIREX: 10:18am On Oct 07, 2020
Jojopikin85:
It is not the work of a mechanic, call your rewire to fix it. Such mistake has happened to me before, some coil has burnt as a result of the spark.

Can you recommend a good rewire? Preferably someone you used to effect the correction in your situation?
Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by SpaceAngel: 11:03am On Oct 07, 2020
Looks like your ECU is suspect.
Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by yinkeys(m): 11:39am On Oct 07, 2020
ASPIREX:

cc; radauto
Nurey
Gazzuzz

Thanks in anticipation.
Please tell your wife I said God bless her beautiful soul. It’s hard for anyone to consider pausing their life activities in these hard times when one can get robbed or something.
A nice person she is

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by ASPIREX: 11:58am On Oct 07, 2020
yinkeys:

Please tell your wife I said God bless her beautiful soul. It’s hard for anyone to consider pausing their life activities in these hard times when one can get robbed or something.
A nice person she is

Thanks for the encouragement.

It's actually the rush involved in pre-empting any nasty occurrence that led to the error.

But no regrets whatsoever.
Help can be expensive at times though.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by Jojopikin85: 12:40pm On Oct 07, 2020
ASPIREX:

Can you recommend a good rewire? Preferably someone you used to effect the correction in your situation?
if u stay around abule egba lagos that will be fine but I don't know where u stay but just get a rewire and explain to them I'm sure the rewire will know what to do.
Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by ASPIREX: 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2020
Jojopikin85:
if u stay around abule egba lagos that will be fine but I don't know where u stay but just get a rewire and explain to them I'm sure the rewire will know what to do.

I am quite close to Abule Egba. I am in Ogba/Agege.

If you recommend someone proficient and reliable I can go to him today.

You've been very useful and I appreciate.
Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by Jojopikin85: 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2020
ASPIREX:

call him on this line. 09032864152
Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by ASPIREX: 3:50pm On Oct 07, 2020
Jojopikin85:
call him on this line. 09032864152

Thanks! I will do just that and then revert to you and others here on the thread.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by BamBamK: 5:40pm On Oct 07, 2020
then go and meet Gazzuzz na.... him dey ur location

ASPIREX:

Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by dicksonadams(m): 6:31pm On Oct 07, 2020
ASPIREX:

Look for Gazzuzz or autologic contacts on nairaland, either of these two gurus will help you diagnose and resolve whatever is wrong with your car...

1 Like

Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by ASPIREX: 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2020
Many thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

I am grateful.

I can also happily announce that the problem was solved through the thread.

Perhaps I will create time to recount my experience here so that others can benefit.

Once again, many thanks.
Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by Jojopikin85: 4:26pm On Oct 08, 2020
ASPIREX:

I am grateful.

Perhaps ai will create time to recount my experience here so that others can benefit.

Once again, many thanks.
Good. Let me use this opportunity to advertise what I do. If you're a car owner and want to sell /looking for a buyer, contact me.
Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by Kaybaba5(m): 5:21pm On Oct 08, 2020
ASPIREX:

I am grateful.

Perhaps ai will create time to recount my experience here so that others can benefit.

Once again, many thanks.

What did they do to make it work well again? Pls share with us
Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by MaziBillionaire(m): 8:22pm On Oct 08, 2020
ASPIREX:

cc; radauto
Nurey
Gazzuzz

Thanks in anticipation.

Get an electrician to try a different Brain box. Mistakes in connecting battery terminals usually affects the brain box
Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by sultaan(m): 1:21am On Oct 09, 2020
Why not scan first
Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by EPIJOE: 11:16am On Oct 09, 2020
BLOWN BRAIN BOX
Re: I Need Help With My Sienna by sultaan(m): 6:37am On Oct 10, 2020
EPIJOE:
BLOWN BRAIN BOX

why do you think blown brain box, when polarity swap is a common mistake manufacturers would have put things in place to prevent

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Advice About This Car. / Nissan Xterra / Can You Remember This Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.