Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,839 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price (21611 Views)

Cross River Man Machetes Lover Over Failure To Visit On Valentine Day (Graphic) / Teenager Sells Brother To Ritual Killer To Pay Bride Price In Niger State / Zambian Landlady Pours Hot Porridge On Tenant's 1-Year-Old Baby Over Unpaid Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by Islie: 7:22pm On Oct 07, 2020
Police recover baby sold by grandmother over father’s failure to pay bride price

By Davies Iheamnachor

Operatives of the Rivers State Police Command have recovered a baby boy sold out by his grandmother, Victoria Christopher, and arrested the suspect and two others.

Victoria had abducted the baby and sold him for an undisclosed amount to child traffickers, over failure of the little boy’s father to pay for the wife’s bride price.

Mother of the little baby, Anthonia Christopher, said she managed to inform her husband of the development, in spite of threats from her mother.

Anthonia narrated: “My mother told me that she was going to sell the baby because my husband had not fully married me and I begged her not to, but she said if I continued resisting her from selling the baby, she is going to strangle me and my baby to death.

“Reaching on Thursday morning, the buyers came and took my baby away, as I could not bear it, I asked my mother why she sold my baby and she said if I exposed her, she would kill me.

Father of the baby, Christian Duru, said after his wife informed him of the crime, he informed the police, at Trans Amadi Division who immediately swung into action.

He said: “My wife called me in the night crying that her mother is wicked and has sold our baby boy.

“She described the place they were and pleaded with me to get there immediately, that her mother was looking for a new house to move to and also planning to destroy their sim cards so I could not reach them anymore.

“Immediately, I went to the police and logged a complaint and the police moved swiftly to the place and caught my mother-in-law when she was about to leave.”

“When my wife was about to give birth, her mother came to our house and insisted to take my wife somewhere for a check, meanwhile the last time my mother-in-law visited us and said she was going to take my wife to a place where she would give birth I refused and told her that I have already registered her somewhere else in Port Harcourt.”

However, the Public Relations Officer of the Rivers State Police Command, SP. Nnamdi Omoni, who confirmed the development, said the suspect would be brought to the command on Thursday.

Omoni noted that details of police findings and report would be disclosed to the public.

VANGUARD

1 Share

Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by SmartProf(m): 7:29pm On Oct 07, 2020
Lol... that grandma must be a Marlian. She sold the baby without remorse like Joseph's brothers sold him to Egypt. Two wrongs cannot make a right in this case...I hope the baby is handed over to the welfare ministry for adequate care for now. And for the man who couldn't pay the lady's bride price, he can go there on Black Friday cos he may recieve a discount of 70% off, or he can begin now to stagger the payment in instalments.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by Asquare84(m): 7:32pm On Oct 07, 2020
Wao, I can't just imagine human beings no longer have conscious. Let her rot in jail

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by Benevee: 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2020
This is serious
Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by oluwaseyi0: 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2020
Sell your granddaughter because you couldn't sell your daughter

36 Likes

Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by Miracle2020: 8:33pm On Oct 07, 2020
Victoria Christopher. hmmmnn......
They want to confuse us, but the moment I see the shape of the head I will know where she come from.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by Zico5(m): 7:54am On Oct 08, 2020
In fact, things are happening in this contraption called Nigeria. Everyone is feeling the heat and it's time we all brace up for the future ahead. What on earth can make a grandma to be desperate to the extent of selling ur child son. This is worrisome and barbaric.

4 Likes

Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by chinavs9ja(m): 7:54am On Oct 08, 2020
Things are really happening in the society we are

I am a professional website designer and developer check my signature
Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by Mokason28: 7:55am On Oct 08, 2020
grin Christopher Duru they said you haven’t paid bride price yet you are shouting my wife... my wife upand down
Meanwhile that woman is heartless

17 Likes

Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by Odunolumide(m): 7:55am On Oct 08, 2020
Many are mad but few are roaming. Have you ever wondered why you haven't come across any Nigerian with all those complex mental ailment the Europeans do have?
Is it that Nigerians are immune to those ailments?
One would wonder how someone in his/her right mind will decide to commit such evil acts.

7 Likes

Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by DenreleDave(m): 7:55am On Oct 08, 2020
grin

Ehnn matter Don settle

End time grandma

End time baby

End time husband

End time wife

End time bride price
Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by EllemGiggy: 7:55am On Oct 08, 2020
This reminds me of the saying 'wonders never ends'
But Oga husband you self go pay your wife's bride price, its very painful after suffering to bring up a child to marriageable age and your type come and corner am and give belle(wicked people)
Madam mother in-law selling your own grandchild.. Haba..are you normal at all?

7 Likes

Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:55am On Oct 08, 2020
This is so wrong shocked shocked

The grandma just overstep her boundary

1 Share

Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by Oluwauchebest(m): 7:56am On Oct 08, 2020
You see this life

1 Like

Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by juniormod: 7:56am On Oct 08, 2020
Some parent's entitlement mentality is really a cause for concern, so because you gave birth to her, you can now do as you wish with her and her decisions.
God help us.

Meanwhile,

I am looking for a job, anyone at all provided it is legal, even if na houseboy, man got to pay school fee during resumption.
I don't want to beg, I want to work for it my good people of nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by Mindlog: 7:56am On Oct 08, 2020
A grandmother.....sighs.

2 Likes

Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by milkyworld(m): 7:56am On Oct 08, 2020
That grandmother should be investigated properly. She may be amongst those who shipped our ancestors as slaves during Lord Lugard era...

3 Likes

Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by stag: 7:57am On Oct 08, 2020
undecided
Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by tonididdy(m): 7:57am On Oct 08, 2020
God forbid
Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by Mkelv0106(m): 7:57am On Oct 08, 2020
Maybe this one has bipolar disorder like chacha Eke too
Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by TechyMm0: 7:58am On Oct 08, 2020
Ipobians and baby trading

4 Likes

Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by chrysan(f): 7:58am On Oct 08, 2020
there are always heartless people in this world...... they don't end.

2 Likes

Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by onomeabuja: 7:59am On Oct 08, 2020
Okoko biako grin E don happen....so even our granny de do yahoo-yahoo bizness? Make I go carry my pikin sharp sharp o shocked

2 Likes

Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by Califlma: 7:59am On Oct 08, 2020
angry
Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by omowolewa: 7:59am On Oct 08, 2020
Gbam! Debt recovery

Why not sell another thing

1 Like

Re: Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price by SaintBishop: 7:59am On Oct 08, 2020
Nawa.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bandits Kidnap 21 Passengers In Niger State / How Man Stabbed Neighbour On Manhood In Lagos / Illegal Arm Manufacturers Arrested In Delta By Soldiers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.