Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters (51925 Views)

APC Admits Oyetola, Others Took Away Official Vehicles After Approval / How Tinubu Diverted N22.4bn, $4.4m From Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters / Oluwo Of Iwo Land Welcome Tinubu, Oyetola & Others For Next Level Campaign (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by deboysben(m): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2020
Deloo:
No wonder nothing is happening is osun state. No impacts of government.
cool down ok osun shall be librated come 2022.

Tinubu will lose osun state.
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by deboysben(m): 10:26pm On Oct 08, 2020
Tareq1105:
Some people, in collaboration with some lightweight Yoruba politicians, are bent on destroying Tinubu before 2023.

We know that the permutations is to make South West free for them to penetrate.

We also know that they want a South West without an acceptable leader. They want a South West where "free transfer" will happen.

Even the Bible says that "strike the Shepperd (Tinubu) and the sheep (Yoruba nation) will scatter" Yoruba politicians are being influenced and deceived.

We're watching. But I will never join in their antics.

I want to recommend to all Yoruba politicians the Article written by Shobowale, a Vanguard Newspapers columnist in 1998 when Gen Abacha got Gen Diya arrested for coup plot. It was titled : The Curses of Oduduwa.

I was highly disappointed when I saw Seyi Makinde of Oyo state in Akure wearing the cap "Ondo No Be Lagos" Meaning what? What brought about that? It's desperation.

When you gang up with outsiders against your own, you will definitely see the curses Oduduwa pronounced centuries ago even to generations. We need to be careful while pursuing positions.

Good luck to Ondo electorates on Saturday. It's Election and not War.

lamentation 1vs 1
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by MikkieEl: 10:31pm On Oct 08, 2020
deboysben:
i swear this is time for him to defect to pdp and see how it will rise the moral of all lagosians.

His defection will send fears into the nerves of tinubu and his minions.
Unapologetically, Ambo is not a "politician".
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by deboysben(m): 10:34pm On Oct 08, 2020
MikkieEl:

Unapologetically, Ambo is not a "politician".
he can become one today.
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by charlesssssssss: 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2020
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by Ategberoson(m): 10:46pm On Oct 08, 2020
I wish the idiot can go to jail, I hate the fool with passion both him and that idiot obasanjo who couldn't do Lagos/Ibadan expressway, ikorodu/sagamu road

may thunder fire those two idiots that called themselves Yoruba leaders

1 Like

Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by olamoses75(m): 10:47pm On Oct 08, 2020
Tareq1105:
Some people, in collaboration with some lightweight Yoruba politicians, are bent on destroying Tinubu before 2023.

We know that the permutations is to make South West free for them to penetrate.

We also know that they want a South West without an acceptable leader. They want a South West where "free transfer" will happen.

Even the Bible says that "strike the Shepperd (Tinubu) and the sheep (Yoruba nation) will scatter" Yoruba politicians are being influenced and deceived.

We're watching. But I will never join in their antics.

I want to recommend to all Yoruba politicians the Article written by Shobowale, a Vanguard Newspapers columnist in 1998 when Gen Abacha got Gen Diya arrested for coup plot. It was titled : The Curses of Oduduwa.

I was highly disappointed when I saw Seyi Makinde of Oyo state in Akure wearing the cap "Ondo No Be Lagos" Meaning what? What brought about that? It's desperation.

When you gang up with outsiders against your own, you will definitely see the curses Oduduwa pronounced centuries ago even to generations. We need to be careful while pursuing positions.

Good luck to Ondo electorates on Saturday. It's Election and not War.

I hope you are not referring to Ondo as "outsiders" to the SW?
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by tunapawizzy: 10:48pm On Oct 08, 2020
THE ONLY PERSON THAT IS INVINCIBLE IN NIGERIAN POLITICS IS THE MAN SITTING ON THE THRONE-THE PRESIDENT...if dem never come for you na im be say your cup never full

Tinubu is too big to drag if you dont have the express approval of the powers that be.....The Hausas are ready to rub him in the mud...they will do it, they will stain him and nothing will happen. If he doesnt step back and cooperate, they will render his machinery in Lagos useless. Power is a bitch
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by nnamdi640: 11:25pm On Oct 08, 2020
Thank God this is coming from their fellow Omoluabi,if not,they would have tagged him Ipob.
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 08, 2020
nnamdi640:
Thank God this is coming from their fellow Omoluabi,if not,they would have tagged him Ipob.
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by RuddyFusion(m): 11:58pm On Oct 08, 2020
spy24:
This man should forget anything that has to do with election come 2023

Federal politics is not a one man show . Since the man ventured into Federal politics he has not remain the same

Even the Lagos wey e take dey brag if care is not taken would be taken away from him

If them never get your time for this country you will look invincible until you match line

Many have tried and failed to displace him from his base even from the center,....so if his divine time of dethronement never reach nothing go doaam
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by deji17: 12:46am On Oct 09, 2020
deboysben:
cool down ok osun shall be librated come 2022.

Tinubu will lose osun state.

To PDP? Can you name any PDP state managed by PDP that is better than Osun?
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by redsun(m): 1:13am On Oct 09, 2020
SmartProf:
For reasons best known to Nigerians, we project only people with questionable corruption records to lead us. I hope it's not a curse.

Nigeria is a gangster paradise and a country of the blind. But the thing that will eventually open is their eyes is the WEB; when they begin to see beyond 419 potentials and the best spiritual healers online.

They need undiluted information about what it means to be humans.

2 Likes

Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by AngelicBeing: 2:04am On Oct 09, 2020
YoungDaNaval:
Where is nwaamaikpe
Hian shocked

1 Like

Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by TerungwaDan: 3:12am On Oct 09, 2020
This is a very painful side of our "colonial" politicians; looting and impoverishment of the masses. one would expect that Tinibu, who had tested true democracy, in the early republic, will ensure that he passes same legacies unto the younger generation. However the reverse is the case. He is a disgrace to himself!
One painful part of the story is that most youths Who should stand against his corrupt personality in 2023 will be the ones campaigning for the party and not the candidate. Are the youths after party or individual credibility?
The youths must say no to the old politicians, they must change their mentality about "political party" voting and instead go for credible candidates. It must be people with clar cut ideologies and pedigree.
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by foxton: 3:53am On Oct 09, 2020
U cant justify stealing especially funds meant for the masses.. neva... U r a total disgrace dude. Wit less people like u we can finally be a Nigeria we ought to be.
cana882:
You came with an idea (idea without capital = poverty), someone financed the project and today you are wealthy and renowned enough to drag him down.

He stole 10% of the state tax which is criminal but he ensured the 90% remainder is put to good use and that is why Lagos keeps developing everyday. SS and SE governors that don’t steal 10% of the state tax, we don’t see any development cause they steal 90% of the income not even tax.

N/B: I’m from SS but let’s say the truth: Tinubu has helped his people and I wish we had someone like him in SS.
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by NGpatriot: 4:35am On Oct 09, 2020
cana882:
You came with an idea (idea without capital = poverty), someone financed the project and today you are wealthy and renowned enough to drag him down.

He stole 10% of the state tax which is criminal but he ensured the 90% remainder is put to good use and that is why Lagos keeps developing everyday. SS and SE governors that don’t steal 10% of the state tax, we don’t see any development cause they steal 90% of the income not even tax.

N/B: I’m from SS but let’s say the truth: Tinubu has helped his people and I wish we had someone like him in SS.

Tinubu or Alpha Beta is not stealing anything, it's payment for services rendered, there are tax consultants and all manner of consultants in Nigeria doing legal work and getting paid just like Alpha Beta.

You can argue that 10% is too high, but for the massive amount they are generating and how they moved Lagos state's IGR from N500 million to N39 billion per month, personally, I think they justify their 10 %.

Alpha Beta is also doing the same thing in Abia, Imo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Sokoto, Kano, Plateau and Nasarawa.

Aloha Beta is a legitimate company doing good business in Nigeria and even West Africa.

Now, back to the noisemakers and the Tinubu obsessed Igbos, Alpha Beta is consulting in Abia and Imo so how come you are not going after your SE governors for hiring Alpha Beta?

Or you just don't mind Tinubu looting you in your states, you are just concerned about Lagos.
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 09, 2020
NGpatriot:

Tinubu or Alpha Beta is not stealing anything, it's payment for services rendered, there are tax consultants and all manner of consultants in Nigeria doing legal work and getting paid just like Alpha Beta.

You can argue that 10% is too high, but for the massive amount they are generating and how they moved Lagos state's IGR from N500 million to N39 billion per month, personally, I think they justify their 10 %.

Alpha Beta is also doing the same thing in Abia, Imo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Sokoto, Kano, Plateau and Nasarawa.

Aloha Beta is a legitimate company doing good business in Nigeria and even West Africa.

Now, back to the noisemakers and the Tinubu obsessed Igbos, Alpha Beta is consulting in Abia and Imo so how come you are not going after your SE governors for hiring Alpha Beta?

Or you just don't mind Tinubu looting you in your states, you are just concerned about Lagos.

You never heard of conflict of interest. He awarded them the contract without any competitive bidding when he was Governor with 10% commission knowing he was going to be the prime beneficiary in 2002.

David Cameron was talking about Tinubu here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg7lfHL_l1w
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by NGpatriot: 5:54am On Oct 09, 2020
[s]
RuudVanNisteroy:

You never heard of conflict of interest. He awarded them the contract without any competitive bidding when he was Governor with 10% commission knowing he was going to be the prime beneficiary in 2002.

David Cameron was talking about Tinubu here.

https://www.you
[/s]

What was his interest in the conflict of interest?

Apara himself named the 3 owners of the company which he himself was part of, but not Tinubu before or after his time in office so where is the conflict or bidding rubbish?

It's already being established that Tinubu's name is not on any documentation regarding ownership or participation in AB, or do you know more than Apara himself?

I keep telling you, I'm not interested in your market women rumors, gossips, conjectures and innendoes.
Stop using english words that are above your meager capabilities.
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by TheRareGem1(f): 6:27am On Oct 09, 2020
oluwaahmed:
And some fools are saying him or osinbajo should govern Nigeria. By the time they are true they would have loved even the funds in your bank account

Is Osinbajo, Tinubu?

You will just ope. Your mouth Gbuaaa
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by Atk1nson(m): 6:47am On Oct 09, 2020
Miyachi:

Read properly. He never stated that he needed capital. Tinubu realized the potential of the company and decided that he must have a share in it.
Overall, that the company charges 10% on IGR collected is not the problem. What is morally questionable is that he [Tinubu] used his position to enrich himself and his cronies and from what is stated it seems that the company became a front for him to carry out alledged corrupt practices.

I see this blowing up. All it takes is for some forensic auditing on their books and accounts. When you follow the paper trail, you'll be more surprised.

Anyone who say charging 10% is not an issue need to have his checked or doesn't know what the benchmark of such services are
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by cana882(m): 7:31am On Oct 09, 2020
foxton:
U cant justify stealing especially funds meant for the masses.. neva... U r a total disgrace dude. Wit less people like u we can finally be a Nigeria we ought to be.
Kindly redirect your opinion, sentiments, probity, energy and aggression to your state government. We would have a developed country if you did.
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by Miyachi: 7:41am On Oct 09, 2020
Atk1nson:

Anyone who say charging 10% is not an issue need to have his checked or doesn't know what the benchmark of such services are
Charging 10% is not the issue - they are clearly providing a service and with results (I don't know how true their figures are but that's an increase of 3,000% in revenue). The problem is that it's illegal.
By law, no person other than the relevant tax authority is allowed to assess or collect taxes or levies. (Taxes and Levies act - Decree 21 of 1998).
One would then wonder what the IRS in the state is doing.

As for your retort on benchmark of such services, I would like you to know that some states pay between 10 - 50%
I doubt that there is a benchmark for non-essential services in capitalist society - market and greed sets those.

1 Like

Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by Atk1nson(m): 8:03am On Oct 09, 2020
Miyachi:

Charging 10% is not the issue - they are clearly providing a service and with results (I don't know how true their figures are but that's an increase of 3,000% in revenue). The problem is that it's illegal.
By law, no person other than the relevant tax authority is allowed to assess or collect taxes or levies. (Taxes and Levies act - Decree 21 of 1998).
One would then wonder what the IRS in the state is doing.

As for your retort on benchmark of such services, I would like you to know that some states pay between 10 - 50%
I doubt that there is a benchmark for non-essential services in capitalist society - market and greed sets those.

ABC collecting 1naira for every 10naira made in Lagos is massive fraud, as igr consultants typically collect less than 1% which why they never gave a tender for the service in the first instance.

The market-unrealistic ABC has been charging Lagos was simply to funnel funds to strengthen tinibu's hold of Lagos, which shows in the way they have been throwing away billions investing in Wema, oceanic, hitv and the nation

ABC manages only manages the platform for payment collection and keeps digital records or revenue. A function they can do with probably less than 10staff, the real work is done by LIRS, who keep boots on the ground, raise assessment, carryout distrainment and audits using thousands of staff.

Anyone implying 10% of Lagos IGR fair compensation to ABC is criminally minded. I challenge lasg raise an open tender for it

1 Like

Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by deboysben(m): 8:13am On Oct 09, 2020
deji17:

To PDP? Can you name any PDP state managed by PDP that is better than Osun?
oyo is better than osun ×100
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by Miyachi: 8:24am On Oct 09, 2020
Atk1nson:

ABC collecting 1naira for every 10naira made in Lagos is massive fraud, as igr consultants typically collect less than 1% which why they never gave a tender for the service in the first instance.

The market-unrealistic ABC has been charging Lagos was simply to funnel funds to strengthen tinibu's hold of Lagos, which shows in the way they have been throwing away billions investing in Wema, oceanic, hitv and the nation

ABC manages only manages the platform for payment collection and keeps digital records or revenue. A function they can do with probably less than 10staff, the real work is done by LIRS, who keep boots on the ground, raise assessment, carryout distrainment and audits using thousands of staff.

Anyone implying 10% of Lagos IGR fair compensation to ABC is criminally minded. I challenge lasg raise an open tender for it

I see it for the ruse that it is. There are better ways to do what the company does - heck, the IRS could create a department and train staff to do what ABC does. At most they will be paying licensing fees for software or even create it in-house. It all boils down to greed, they find loop-holes in the law that allow for such behavior and exploit it. I do not support this, but they usually get away with it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by adebayour04: 9:05am On Oct 09, 2020
Bullion Van Lord must be bully out of Lagos state
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2020
Miyachi:

I see it for the ruse that it is. There are better ways to do what the company does - heck, the IRS could create a department and train staff to do what ABC does. At most they will be paying licensing fees for software or even create it in-house. It all boils down to greed, they find loop-holes in the law that allow for such behavior and exploit it. I do not support this, but they usually get away with it.
Alpha Beta was written into the Lagos tax code by the stooges in the House of Assembly.
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2020
Atk1nson:

Part of the conflict of interest and massive corruption. There was no tender for the contract and now we know why.

If there was a public tender PWC,Deloitte,Ernst and Young or KPMG would have won the contract and charged 1%-3%. What Alpha Beta is doing is not rocket science and they had to prior experience doing it like the long established accounting firms. The 10% commission in unjustifiable anywhere in the world, especially in a state with a population of 20 million people.

You see how they spend throw away money investing, there running cost is next to running as you could see like you said they have been throwing away billions investing in HITV that later collapsed. Just like that N1 billion of Lagos tax money gone and worst of all they didn't pay a single tax, quite the irony.
Re: How Bola Tinubu Used Oyetola, Others As Fronts For Alpha Beta - Sahara Reporters by maste: 1:13pm On Oct 09, 2020
To award a contract to a company you have interest in rather than via an open bid is authority stealing. It's worse than armed robbery. However, it's going on in every state in Nigeria including Abuja. But who will pay for the blood they have shed?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku’s Supporters Tripled After Makinde Endorsed Tinubu / Soldiers Accompanying Children To School In North-eastern Nigeria. / Onnoghen: Protest By Lawyers Against Tanko Mohammed (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.