Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,109 members, 7,845,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS (29174 Views)

VAT: Lagos, Oyo, Rivers, FCT Subsidise 33 States / Lagos, Akwa Ibom Rivers To Spend More Than 15 Other States Combined In 2021 / Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by NgwalandAbia(m): 12:53pm On Oct 09, 2020
Onlinesmart:
And what are okoros, Nigerians? You should have achieved your biafla by now but even the UN doesn't know what you want because you're neither here nor there. Confused fellows. Nyanmiris claiming Nigeria. All your woes and lullabies online is because buhari have benched okoros from looting of national cookies.

We knew how your silence was alarming during the "ineffectual buffoon" era because he allowed 5% okoros to loot from where they did not sow. Only God knows what your paltry IGR from your potor region contributes to national development, yet you want FG to recognize your backward region with projects. Fools even want to be president of Nigeria. Clowns......

Okoro, stay one place make we see road. You're 5% in Nigeria, sealed and signed by President Buhari.

We gave the foolish buhari your jihadist from Guinea conakry 5 percent vote, he can't do nothing...If you are pained go and Bleep buhari OK.

Remember that none from your region were either first president or second in Nigeria, neither even governor general, so when a togolaise like you talk we know because your origin in Nigeria is a debate.

Go and kiss your foolish buhari, he is not recorgnise by us.
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by Bofoy4(m): 12:59pm On Oct 09, 2020
Kinematics:

You get more foreign investment still you cant take your people out of poverty and unemployment. How many Rivers people do you see running to other states for better life just the way your people do?

Rivers state has gone beyond foreign aid, that's why it's the most financially sustainable state in the country today. Akwa Ibom without foreign investment is useless. Tell me what you gonna do when the foreigners pack up and go back home?
Get a life bro
Cos ur hatred and jealousy for Akwa ibom will not change anything.
Yes ur people don't travel out of their slumps no doubt about that,
That people travel out of their comfort zone is not a sign that home is uncomfortable
Get sense mugu

Chinese are everywhere in the world its not a sign dat China is a poor country.
Ur people refuse to hustle outside instead they resort to Cultism, kidnapping and extortion when they notice other tribe have taken over their job in their own land. What a shame

90% of investments and businesses is own by non indigenes yet a fisherman like u is here typing shit.
Get a life once more
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by AustineJohn908(m): 1:24pm On Oct 09, 2020
Kinematics:

You get more foreign investment still you cant take your people out of poverty and unemployment. How many Rivers people do you see running to other states for better life just the way your people do?

Rivers state has gone beyond foreign aid, that's why it's th e most financially sustainable state in the country today. Akwa Ibom without foreign investment is useless. Tell me what you gonna do when the foreigners pack up and go back home?
How is it most sustainable state, where did you put Lagos? I can tell you without Remorse that every of your state citizens if they ask them to choose between Abuja or Rivers they will go for Abuja. not to talk of Lagos.
Give a citizen of your state well paying job in Uyo and same in Porthacourt and tell him.to choose- it will definitely be Uyo.

Even your self can't argue that

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by rafindo(m): 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2020
Taye4j:

You are ignorantly re-echoing what I just said.

Let me give you another hint, why is it that despite having Abuja as the capital territory most headquarters still prefer Lagos as their base?

It called investor location preference.
Can I ask you a question.
If given two option to chose between Lagos and pH as hqtr ,which will you chose. State in US offer coys incentives just to site their headquarters in their state.
Dangote group HQ is Lagos why not kano
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by NkanAkpanika: 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2020
AustineJohn908:
How is it most sustainable state, where did you put Lagos? I can tell you without Remorse that every of your state citizens if they ask them to choose between Abuja or Rivers they will go for Abuja. not to talk of Lagos.
Give a citizen of your state well paying job in Uyo and same in Porthacourt and tell him.to choose- it will definitely be Uyo.

You've said it all.. Those guys are bitter fools, just let them be.. Don't grant them any attention ok

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by jude79(m): 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2020
Simplyleo:
Ogun state - N30B

Kano + Kaduna = N30B

Enugu + Anambra + Imo + Ebonyi = N30B

Mathematically,

Ogun = Kano + Kaduna = South East.

Yet, South East receives 5 times allocation of Ogun or Kano + Kaduna.

Pls lemme look up the meaning of "parasites".

Exactly, that is why South East wants to leave Nigeria, so that your complaint of them being parasite will end, and you'll enjoy the money that is being made from your South West.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by Jdbrasco2: 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2020
tiger28:
OYO state has SEAPORT?? Shameless PIGS!!!
Ports attract industries and human capital but you can twist it all you want. Why the name calling. Poor upbringing is a terrible thing.
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by Kinematics: 2:40pm On Oct 09, 2020
AustineJohn908:

This is for you

Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by Jdbrasco2: 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2020
rafindo:

Who is stopping them from progressing. Go and ask those governors how did they provide security for importers.
Ports and security are controlled by FG not state. But I trust you to change the narrative. Well-done
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by AustineJohn908(m): 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2020
Kinematics:

This is for you
lol...2 years ago.
for 2018.
Didn't I tell you Rivers is living on past glory? where is the one for 2020 ehn?
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by AustineJohn908(m): 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

You've said it all.. Those guys are bitter fools, just let them be.. Don't grant them any attention ok
no problem bro
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by Kinematics: 3:24pm On Oct 09, 2020
AustineJohn908:
lol...2 years ago.
for 2018.
Didn't I tell you Rivers is living on past glory? where is the one for 2020 ehn?

Quite obvious you are blind or lack understanding to see that its 2018-2019, hence 2yrs.
2020 is even worse for Akwa Ibom. Dont worry when it's out I'll definitely remember you.

So something as recent as 2019 including this thread in 2020 is past glory?
This means our past is still better than Akwa Ibom's present.

Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by AustineJohn908(m): 4:29pm On Oct 09, 2020
Kinematics:

Quite obvious you are blind to see that its 2018-2019.
2020 is even worse for Akwa Ibom. Dont worry when it's out I'll definitely remember you.

So something as recent as 2019 including this thread in 2020 is past glory?
This means our past is still better than Akwa Ibom's present.
Lol..that's impossible uncle.
Akwa ibom Future is greater than Rivers Future...ask anyone between Rivers and Akwa ibom which they will go for and they will choose Akwa ibom. that should tell you something.

How can 2020 be worst for Akwa ibom and yet you haven't seen it?
Well, when you do see it please remember to show me...I'm sure even if Rivers will be ahead of us it will be by maybe 3 or 4 paces to our former 20th...that should show you "PROGRESS" AND RIVERS WIL GO DOWN TO MAYBE 5 OR 6�
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by Kinematics: 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2020
AustineJohn908:
Lol..that's impossible uncle.
Akwa ibom Future is greater than Rivers Future...ask anyone between Rivers and Akwa ibom which they will go for and they will choose Akwa ibom. that should tell you something.

How can 2020 be worst for Akwa ibom and yet you haven't seen it?
Well, when you do see it please remember to show me...I'm sure even if Rivers will be ahead of us it will be by maybe 3 or 4 paces to our former 20th...that should show you "PROGRESS" AND RIVERS WIL GO DOWN TO MAYBE 5 OR 6�

This thread is already a pointer to what 2020 is like. Try to use your head for once.

Rivers will go down you say?
THE RIVERS YOU SAY WILL GO DOWN IS ALREADY TOPPING YOU YET YOU ARE STILL DREAMING.

ITS OBVIOUS YOU READ THIS THREAD WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT.
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by AustineJohn908(m): 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2020
Kinematics:

This thread is already a pointer to what 2020 is like. Try to use your head for once.

THE RIVERS YOU SAY WILL GO DOWN IS ALREADY TOPPING YOU YET YOU ARE STILL DREAMING.

It was expected for Rivers to top Akwa ibom for now, just as it is expected for Lagos to do the same.
Isn't it a shame that Rivers are making 65 billion why their mate Lagos made over 300 billion?
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by AustineJohn908(m): 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2020
Kinematics:

It was expected for Rivers to top Akwa ibom for now, just as it is expected for Lagos to do the same.
Isn't it a shame that Rivers are making 65 billion why their mate Lagos made over 300 billion?
Remember just that Lagos much have been invested by Govt and Private companies in Rivers and yet Rivers trail Lagos by over 300 billion....I'm ashamed!
I'm sure if those where invested in Akwa ibom we will definitely be standing shoulder to shoulder with Lagos...
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by Kinematics: 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
AustineJohn908:

Mate that was capital of the country for 30yrs?

Show me any other state that was created same time as Rivers and has never been capital of the country just like Lagos that's doing better than Rivers. I dare you to show me.

Delta that's 4 years younger than your Akwa Ibom is doing better, generating more revenue than your forest.

Indeed you should be ashamed that a younger Delta State is doing better than you.

Spit!

1 Share

Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by tiger28: 6:19pm On Oct 09, 2020
hush15:

Oga calm down. You are missing my point. Na wa o. Am not refuting what NBS put out there. Am only saying why Lagos is declaring so much revenue. That revenue Lagos generates is high because the are milking the people in so many uncomfortable ways. And I cited the toll as one, then licence permit as second and the list goes on.

Of course Lagos still generates the highest IGR but they have such high figures cos Lagos taxes are overbloated because of citizen ignorance or they just powerless and suffer in silence. What makes it more painful is nothing to show for this except godfatherism and padi paid government.
I hear you...it is well!
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by tiger28: 6:45pm On Oct 09, 2020
NgwalandAbia:

Your forefather is the real bassturd here including you...I'm your colonial master, if you get angry go to festac and start destroying our buildings and see if you will leave to tell the story.
E pain am.....Come Oshodi, Come Ajah, come ikorodu, come Obalende, Come ejigbo, Come ebute meta, Come Surulere, Come Ojualegba, Come iyana ipaja, Come and you will know that you are JUST REFUGEES in lagos.....Why do you BASTARDS like DRAGGING with indigenes EVERYWHERE! !!! We have idomas, Binis, Ijaws, hausa, tiv, efik, ibibios in Lagos and NONE of them is dragging with indigenes. AGAIN, ANY African that LEAVES his community and drags about indigeneship with the indigenes, is a BASTARD!!!!!! and your comment SURELY Proves that . We are talking about Lagos and you are telling me (the host) to come to Festac with a threat You think your little igbo community in Festac will fight my boys ALL OVER LagosThat's JUST suicidal! !!!!! Reasons why the Hausas killed most of Y'all in the North when you were Abusing the host IN THE NORTH O!
AGAIN.......You are BASTARD! !!!!
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by CavemanDefuturo: 6:53pm On Oct 09, 2020
Igbo's.. It's time to go home and invest, you can see our billions are not reflecting on our states at all! Rather in other people's states. We will only suffer loss of customers but a little while like a year or so and after that, we will stabilize. Then, everyone in Nigeria would be forced to come down east to buy goods at cheap rate... Not Just Nigeria but the whole west Africa will find their way to East where the business hub is.. ChinaDuabi of Africa! Ndi Igbo, it's time to go home and use our God given talent to develop our homelands maka na ana esi n'uno malumma wee puoa nezi. Onuru koolu nwanne ya!
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by Amooiko: 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2020
Oyo State is doing well but needs to do better ditto ondo
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by EmekaA125(m): 3:15am On Oct 10, 2020
OVB123:
My friend stop saying what you don't know, if Igbos are the boosting the IGR of those states, why is it not reflecting in the states where Igbos are indigenes?
What has it done for you specifically. We are talking about progressive and enterprising development osi m IGR.
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by EmekaA125(m): 3:20am On Oct 10, 2020
LegendHero:

You guys are comedian.

How much is the population of Ndigbo living in the SE states?

At least we all can agree that they are more populous than the Ibos living outside the SE state.

Why is it that the SE states with the highest number of Igbos are nothing to write home about in terms of IGR?

How can people that can’t contribute IGR in their respective region be the sole determinant of IGR in other people’s land?

Can you give what you don’t have or people from that area just suffer from chronic delusional complex such that they regurgitate rubbish everything without thinking through?

It's sheer ignorance to think Igbos are not the determinants of IGR in Yoruba economy. We know the cost of clearing goods at the wharf or seaport and how much is being remitted to Lagos State government. In Ogun state, most of the industries there pay huge revenue to the govt. U can't write Igbos off in building SW economy which would have been impossible without our presence. Thank you
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by EmekaA125(m): 3:22am On Oct 10, 2020
tiger28:
E pain am.....Come Oshodi, Come Ajah, come ikorodu, come Obalende, Come ejigbo, Come ebute meta, Come Surulere, Come Ojualegba, Come iyana ipaja, Come and you will know that you are JUST REFUGEES in lagos.....Why do you BASTARDS like DRAGGING with indigenes EVERYWHERE! !!! We have idomas, Binis, Ijaws, hausa, tiv, efik, ibibios in Lagos and NONE of them is dragging with indigenes. AGAIN, ANY African that LEAVES his community and drags about indigeneship with the indigenes, is a BASTARD!!!!!! and your comment SURELY Proves that . We are talking about Lagos and you are telling me (the host) to come to Festac with a threat You think your little igbo community in Festac will fight my boys ALL OVER LagosThat's JUST suicidal! !!!!! Reasons why the Hausas killed most of Y'all in the North when you were Abusing the host IN THE NORTH O!
AGAIN.......You are BASTARD! !!!!
Trash talking as usual. Coward
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by AustineJohn908(m): 12:35pm On Oct 10, 2020
Kinematics:

Show me any other state that was created same time as Rivers and has never been capital of the country just like Lagos that's doing better than Rivers. I dare you to show me.

Delta that's 4 years younger than your Akwa Ibom is doing better, generating more revenue than your forest.

Indeed you should be ashamed that a younger Delta State is doing better than you.

Spit!
Delta started receiving oil money before we did. And Akwa ibom is not a forest cause if you ask any one... between Delta and Akwa ibom... which will he choose to live in? Akwa ibom will be the answer. that should tell u something
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by AustineJohn908(m): 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2020
Kinematics:

Spit!
Delta started receiving oil money before we did. And Akwa ibom is not a forest cause if you ask any one... between Delta and Akwa ibom... which will he choose to live in? Akwa ibom will be the answer. that should tell u something..
It not by being Richer than us, youre richer but we are far better..
it just like a case of Nigeria and South Africa.
Nigeria is Richer than South Africa but south Africa is better than Nigeria...Uyo is South Africa and Rivers is Nigeria.
Remove sentiments ba, if you're given a job and ask to choose between Rivers and Akwa ibom, which will you choose?...I'm sure it Akwa ibom if you ain't sentimental. same for delta state!

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by Kinematics: 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2020
AustineJohn908:

Delta started receiving oil money before we did. And Akwa ibom is not a forest cause if you ask any one... between Delta and Akwa ibom... which will he choose to live in? Akwa ibom will be the answer. that should tell u something..
It not by being Richer than us, youre richer but we are far better..
it just like a case of Nigeria and South Africa.
Nigeria is Richer than South Africa but south Africa is better than Nigeria...Uyo is South Africa and Rivers is Nigeria.
Remove sentiments ba, if you're given a job and ask to choose between Rivers and Akwa ibom, which will you choose?...I'm sure it Akwa ibom if you ain't sentimental. same for delta state!

No Uyo is heaven while Rivers is earth grin grin grin

How much will that job pay you in Uyo compared to what similar job will pay you in Port Harcourt?
Infact where is the job in Uyo?
Why are your people moving to Rivers on a daily basis to earn a better life?
Why are Rivers people not running to Akwa Ibom?
What's the migration pattern of both states? Which state gets more influx of both Nigerians and foreigners?

Why do people run to Lagos? Is it because Lagos is the best place to live in Nigeria? Use your head for once.

Delta started receiving oil money before Akwa Ibom? My God it's quite obvious I'm replying a kid, so to you Akwa ibom started receiving oil money in 2007? I laugh at your ignorance.

Show us a picture of your tiny enclave of Uyo and show us Rivers and see which is more covered by forest. Even your glorified village of Uyo is just roads with forest around. Show us a bird eye view of the both states let's compare.

Forest dweller!

Even Aba with its bad roads is more developed than Uyo that's just tiny roads and forest all around.
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by karkel(m): 7:36pm On Oct 10, 2020
Golan007:

The SE broke the regional system.
. It was the British that divided this country by the means of war.... Gowon only wanted police action in the eastern Nigeria........have heard of abbori accor that was held in Ghana in 1966 just before the war........it wasn't a war thing......go and read" Nigeria and Biafira civil".... The wasn't anything civil in that war but a genocide on Ibo people.......Do you know that people Buhari could've not won election again if History wasn't scrap in Nigeria curriculum
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by Uchek(m): 5:51am On Oct 11, 2020
Please what is your ethnic nationality?

Do you think the current IGR of different geopolitical components under a centralized mode of governance is a true reflection of the economic potential and
income-generating capacity of the different regions?

He
totit:
If Nigeria split I wonder how the SE will survive considering the fact that without igr a nation is consider poor or bankrupt.

Shm
Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by Uchek(m): 5:55am On Oct 11, 2020
Two blindmen engaged in an argument on how big an elephant looks. Both Rivers and Akwa I'm on are glorified ghettos - like the rest of their counterparts

Bofoy4:

Onne seaport is a mirage
Which sports complex or stadium are u even talking about bro hmmm that secondary school football field can u compare that shit to Godswill Akpabio Stadium the best in west Africa?
Which specialist hospital in Rivers can be compare to Akpabio specialist hospital rated the best in south south,

Aviation
O yes Akwa ibom the only state in Nigeria that owns local Airline
Ibom Air
Is not about how much be ur IGR bro when the cash is pocketed by ur greedy wike and the likes how is the performance of ur government
U can't compare URSELF to Aks when it comes to Good governance.
Continued living in past glory wit degraded infrastructures
Let's complete our ibom seaport that is at hand then we will knw what will make Rivers the best in south south.

Re: Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS by Uchek(m): 6:04am On Oct 11, 2020
Among the 36 states,which of the states innovatively governed?

And how did you arrive at the relationship between innovation and the poor governance of Igbo states?

Please can you list for us the unique development models that SW states have introduced in the last twenty years that has made the region developmental outliers and economic success worthy of emulation by other states - particularly Igbo states?

Goke7:

the igbos are poor in innovation compared to others, they are best in just copy and paste which is their leverage. Reason their states are poorly governed as their govts can't come up with innovative policies to power development. They are trying still in their copy and paste method but until they come up with unique development models for their region, they will continue to lag behind others and give excuses why other regions fare better

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Hints Sit-at-home Order From Friday / Reno Omokri Goes Flyboarding In The Ocean / Is This Nigeria? I Was Moved To Tears By These Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.