Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass (29371 Views)

Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University / Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by SmartProf(m): 10:07am On Oct 09, 2020
anastasius:

I've always had questions about inaugural lectures. Is it a must or optional to present one as a professor? Also why would one decide not to present?
It's an optional thing, but it should be a thing of pride for any professor before retirement. After many years of impact in research and knowledge dissemination, valuable knowledge especially in a professor's field is expected to be presented in an inaugural lecture which can help to address societal needs. Unfortunately, many of them retire without being able to present one out of maybe lack of motivation, laziness, and other distractions.
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Kyase(m): 10:08am On Oct 09, 2020
NigeriaB:
They will never give it to Omudu Agbo because he is an idoma man..

An idoma man has never been the VC of BSu

An idoma person has never been the governor of Benue

Only few idoma students are offered medicine and surgery in the college of health sciences..

Pathetic!!!!

Very bad
But how's that bad, or are you blind to see what's also happening in Ugbokolo

2 Likes

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by crossfm: 10:14am On Oct 09, 2020
AlphaT1:

My brother leave this tribal sentiment thing. In as much as I don't support what the Tivs are doing (in terms of over-dominance in the state), I don't think Idomas are any better. We have a leadership problem in Benue state that cuts across all the tribes there. Was David Mark not the Senate President for 8 years, has anything changed in otukpo? The roads in Otukpo are in a comatose state...The Tivs point same accusing fingers at the Idomas (David mark) for hijacking federal appointments and recruitment into federal agencies! The counter accusations go on and on and on....leaving the poor masses to continue suffering.
Instead of the "foolish'' youth in the sate to come together and reason beyond tribal lines, to see how they can displace those "oldmen" and take over the leadership....they (youth) are towing the same tribal route. Quite unfortunate!
I love the way you placed your argument.

What I will want you to remove from your mind is the name D.Mark.He is a disgrace to Idoma race and the state at large.

Back to the matter.The state level is what am talking about. We have 2 major tribes in Benue state.1 tribe has been the one in power since 1999.That is 21 years and counting. Is it fair?.Presently,the governor and the minister from Benue are all the same tribe.Another unfair situation.

As for the youths,they are another big problem. Cultism induced by idleness is tearing them apart in that place.Poverty,both physically and mentally have taken over their lives.

The state is blessed with natural resources,but visionless leaders are in abundant over there.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by garfield1: 10:16am On Oct 09, 2020
fergie001:

The usual method that is used.

Usually, they have a stipulated amount of years you must have been a Professor....In most senior institutions...at least 10years as a Professor

Number of scholarly publications

How you can draw grants etc....

Submit your CV...score you based on that...then interview...then pick top 3.

Who sets an exam for a Professor?
Scripts marked by Professors are not even reviewed to start with.

I agree with setting minimum of ten years but as far as a prof sets exams for others,they too must be subjected to exams oh...
I dont think you can determine who will make a good vc from their publications
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 09, 2020
crossfm:
You people don't understand the politics playing out in Benue state.The examination is a game plan to put another tiv man as a VC in BSU.

The governor is a biased triabalist we all know.Building house's for his chief and ignoring another.

They should continue. You can all see the reason why Benue state will remain backward.

The idoma people are been neglected, we all know they are the smart ones in the state.

The idomas have always been neglected and I like them more. They're more likely to be less hostile, less greedy and more intelligent than the average tiv person.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by LoveThemChubby(m): 10:21am On Oct 09, 2020
flyingpig:
Quota system professors grin

Professors wey dey teach with Hausa language.
Benue quota system professor? I guess you've never moved out your village since you were born that is why you talk about teaching with hausa in Benue. Your ignorance is worse than that displayed by products of quota system

1 Like

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by fergie001: 10:22am On Oct 09, 2020
garfield1:

I agree with setting minimum of ten years but as far as a prof sets exams for others,they too must be subjected to exams oh...
I dont think you can determine who will make a good vc from their publications
Set an exam for a Professor?
No true Professor, I mean none will take a pen to write an examination, you intend to set for an appointment position.

Even if you intend to leave Nigeria as a Professor to hold a Chair or international position...You are interviewed.

They are subjected to interviews at all levels. It is just that the Nigeria Political System is making Professors look awkward.
Professorship is the summit of one's academic career.

They don't use only publications:-
There are other qualification criteria for post of VC-ship but exam.....NO NO NO NO

1 Like

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Patriotic9ja(m): 10:23am On Oct 09, 2020
fergie001:

They should have withdrawn.
Why set examinations for Professors in the selection for VC'ship?
The Professors who even wrote the exam don't know their worth @ all.
I doubt if they know what they Profess in the first place.

It is obviously skewed to favour someone.

Well spoken. All of them that sat for the exam are saboteurs and disgrace....

Personally with my over 10years of experience in my energy industry. I cant subject myself to any exam or aptitude test if I should change job. Rather, I go for oral interviews or strictly on-the-job assessment where experience is the criteria. I did all the exams and aptitude tests back then as a fresh graduate with no experience, and passed them all back then. Now I'm an authority in my own right and should be assessed based on capacity, ability, management, and experience. I have paid my dues.

Na eye service and lack of self worth dey worry all the naughty Professors that allowed themselves to be ridiculed by the system. Imagine asking Falana to come write exam 1st. What an insult!!!!!!
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Mayflowa(m): 10:24am On Oct 09, 2020
SmartProf:
They weren't Smart Profs. These types have no reasonable papers in high impact factor indexed journals. I won't be surprised if their professorship were given just to increase the number of professors in their various departments to ensure their departments scale NUC accreditation. These ones retire from the university without presenting any inaugural lecture. They only want to be VC to loot and have a chance to announce elections results as returning officers.

How can a professor be subjected to exam? What happened to interview. Except is a competency based questions on how they have lead in the past. An administrator may not necessarily be the best academics. What is fail? Do you test all professors on one knowledge point or varieties of discipline or managerial skills. This leaves a bitter taste in anyone's mouth
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by AssistantJesus1: 10:25am On Oct 09, 2020
MajesticKris:
Who set the questions,? grin
You exam center
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by LoveThemChubby(m): 10:26am On Oct 09, 2020
crossfm:
I love the way you placed your argument.

What I will want you to remove from your mind is the name D.Mark.He is a disgrace to Idoma race and the state at large.

Back to the matter.The state level is what am talking about. We have 2 major tribes in Benue state.1 tribe has been the one in power since 1999.That is 21 years and counting. Is it fair?.Presently,the governor and the minister from Benue are all the same tribe.Another unfair situation.

As for the youths,they are another big problem. Cultism induced by idleness is tearing them apart in that place.Poverty,both physically and mentally have taken over their lives.

The state is blessed with natural resources,but visionless leaders are in abundant over there.

Shalom.

Tribalism is something that can hardly be totally eliminated. As regards marginalization for the governorship seat it is normal. The idomas are also doing the same thing to the igedes as regards the zone C senatorial seat. Politics is a game of numbers and if they are also not been fair to the Igedes then why cry foul about the Tivs?

2 Likes

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by tsagir(m): 10:26am On Oct 09, 2020
id4sho:
cheesy
Kerewa Profs
BENUE ARE NOT AREWA BUT ITs a NORTH
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Karmatyra(f): 10:26am On Oct 09, 2020
flyingpig:
Quota system professors grin

Professors wey dey teach with Hausa language.
kindergarten pikin sabi pass you. na Loamy soil dey that your head. next time Google about benue before disgracing your entire generation here.

1 Like

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by lincs25(m): 10:27am On Oct 09, 2020
crossfm:
You people don't understand the politics playing out in Benue state.The examination is a game plan to put another tiv man as a VC in BSU.

The governor is a biased triabalist we all know.Building house's for his chief and ignoring another.

They should continue. You can all see the reason why Benue state will remain backward.

The idoma people are been neglected, we all know they are the smart ones in the state.

Crying without checking inward! What about the Idomas relegating the Igedes in zone C yet they want Tiv to give them chance. Politics is a game of number. SIMPLE...

2 Likes

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Anago55: 10:27am On Oct 09, 2020
SmartProf:
They weren't Smart Profs. These types have no reasonable papers in high impact factor indexed journals. I won't be surprised if their professorship were given just to increase the number of professors in their various departments to ensure their departments scale NUC accreditation. These ones retire from the university without presenting any inaugural lecture. They only want to be VC to loot and have a chance to announce elections results as returning officers.
. Why do I have this feeling that you are Nwamaikpe?

I miss Nwamaikpe a lot

3 Likes

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by AnanseK(m): 10:29am On Oct 09, 2020
Anyone can set exam for professors and they can all fail.

In the first place, the question paper will be in Latin and the answers must be written in Arabic.

There will be a hundred essay questions to be answered in one hour.

Answers for each question must be not less than five hundred words of classical Egyptian Arabic.

The second paper will be in Chinese and it includes translation of the Idoma Bible into Chinese.
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by fergie001: 10:29am On Oct 09, 2020
Patriotic9ja:

Personally with my over 10years of experience in my energy industry. I cant subject myself to any exam or aptitude test if I should change job. Rather, I go for oral interviews or strictly on-the-job assessment where experience is the criteria. I did all the exams and aptitude tests back then as a fresh graduate with no experience, and passed them all back then. Now I'm an authority in my own right and should be assessed based on capacity, ability, management, and experience. I have paid my dues.

Na eye service and lack of self worth dey worry all the naughty Professors that allowed themselves to be ridiculed by the system. Imagine asking Falana to come write exam 1st. What an insult!!!!!!
Those Professors who wrote the exam need their Certificates properly verified.

Who would even think about that?
I am in the Academia and even recently where PhD students are subjected to Written exams, many still complain it should be purely research-based.

Place that side-by-side with a someone who should have at least over 10 years experience as a Professor, sitting down to write exams for others to score him/her.

Who would now mark and score the Professor?

I don't understand...let me believe the news is fake.
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by frog12: 10:30am On Oct 09, 2020
Kyase is another TIV.
it's just for education, what are those NAMES similar to? Which culture?

Kyase:

What's your concern?
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by frog12: 10:31am On Oct 09, 2020
Are IDOMAs similar to TIVs?
which one is closer? IGALA and IDOMA?

NigeriaB:
They will never give it to Omudu Agbo because he is an idoma man..

An idoma man has never been the VC of BSu

An idoma person has never been the governor of Benue

Only few idoma students are offered medicine and surgery in the college of health sciences..

Pathetic!!!!
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by tollyboy5(m): 10:35am On Oct 09, 2020
MalaikaEH:
There is another angle to the matter.

A professor is a professor in a particular area of study: not in all fields. For instance, if a professor of Physics sets questions for a professor of Philosophy, the Professor of Philosophy is likely to fail woefully. The same thing will happen when the Professor of Philosophy sets questions for that of Physics.

You must be a joker to say physical scientist would fail the test of philosophy! sad
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Kyase(m): 10:35am On Oct 09, 2020
frog12:
Kyase is another TIV.
it's just for education, what are those NAMES similar to? Which culture?

We are from planet Venue.
Happy now?

2 Likes

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by NigeriaB(m): 10:38am On Oct 09, 2020
frog12:
Are IDOMAs similar to TIVs?
which one is closer? IGALA and IDOMA?

Idoma and Tiv are tribes in BENUE state
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 09, 2020
MalaikaEH:
There is another angle to the matter.

A professor is a professor in a particular area of study: not in all fields. For instance, if a professor of Physics sets questions for a professor of Philosophy, the Professor of Philosophy is likely to fail woefully. The same thing will happen when the Professor of Philosophy sets questions for that of Physics.

If know what is called vetting process, you wouldn't talk this your epistle, a professor should be conversant and updated with the current happening on the area of study, as he or she is involved in a career path, nobody would set questions outside where you have nothing to do with. How come 7 pass the exams.

1 Like

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Amarachieze(m): 10:42am On Oct 09, 2020
BSU employment/recruitment examination is not actually meant to select the best. It is a charade and mere waste of time, intellectual energy and resources. Prof.
Eugene is very correct.
Sometime last year, I sat for Assistant Lecturer examination in BSU. The cut off mark for interview was 65% and in my department we were 48 that sat for the exam and only 6 passed. The 6 of us were actually interviewed and 3 recommended. But after months of politicking, people who neither sat for the examination nor were interviewed were giving appointment by October last year. At first I thought that my case was because of Indigene and non Indigene syndrome (even though I am a product BSU both at first and second degree levels) but I discovered that even Indigenes who had no connections were also shortchanged
Nigeria is a big fraud
At the federal level, Nepotism rules with impunity
At the state level tribalism holds sway with highhandedness
At the local government level? No! that tier of government is not existing in Nigeria. It is the property of the state Governors who want free and fair elections at the federal level but sit at their offices and write down the names of LGA chairmen and councillors who serve as their money laundering agents and election rigging mercenaries.
Prof. Eugene Aligba, a Professor of political science understands the politics of BSU recruitment examination. He is the only prof that passed the exam, the rest failed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by adesharp2(m): 10:42am On Oct 09, 2020
Wetin you been expect
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by idahme(m): 10:51am On Oct 09, 2020
flyingpig:
FEMALE STUDENTS

No be only female student oooooo, male inclusive.
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 09, 2020
Patriotic9ja:

What's there to write an examination you have full knowledge of, if you are shying away it means you are half-baked or incompetence in that area of study. Professors that teach people can't confidently write an exam, with fear of failure is that one a professor. Imagine the satisfaction with the knowledge as a professor.
Don't be petty.

1 Like

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by balitaaluminium(f): 11:02am On Oct 09, 2020
Contact Balita Aluminum for quality Aluminum for house roofing.
At Balita, we can assure you of purchasing accurate GUAGE and as well as buying quality.
give us a try today and i can assure you, you will be glad you did.
You can reach me on 090-38-14-51-66
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by frog12: 11:03am On Oct 09, 2020
We know.
are their culture similar?

NigeriaB:

Idoma and Tiv are tribes in BENUE state
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by ImmaculateJOE(m): 11:04am On Oct 09, 2020
crossfm:

That's why Idoma needs to form alligience with the Nssuka part of Enugu State and create their own state.. Or better still, clamour for An Idoma State with Otukpo as its capital.
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by bakobenjamin198: 11:04am On Oct 09, 2020
crossfm:
My brother ,your advice is noted.

Its really disheartening to know that some people are second class in their own state.If you know the history of Benue state well you will know that since 1999 till date,no idoma man have smelt the government house.

Even common VC of a university is not an option.
The governor is using government money to built structures for a particular traditional leader,ignoring another.

My point is there should be a fair share in distribution of social amenities and political appointments in a state.Civil service inclusive.
though, I am not from Benue, neither do I live in Benue. Is only ignorant people who don't know the politics of tribalism that is being played in Benue that are busy vomiting trash. The same Tivs who are grade one tribalists in their state are crying fouls and marginalization in Taraba where they are minority. What an irony!

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Some Common Errors In English. / May/june 2007/2008 Waec Result Out / Four University Reading Partners Graduate Together In Flying Colors (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.