Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass (29471 Views)

Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University / Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Yahksbiz(m): 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2020
mechanics:
A question o.
hold yourself,
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by mechanics(m): 10:29pm On Oct 09, 2020
Yahksbiz:

hold yourself,
hahahah.
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by kabillionaire(m): 11:16pm On Oct 09, 2020
AIlahuAkbar:
afraid to draw a sword
I can see the sword they drew when your fulani masters were using your people to prepare barbecue suya

They no born them well.
When Sen. George Akume, now the minister (special duties) told Mr. President that Tiv are killing themselves, it was unpatriotic of him but, it's partly true.
Some unscrupulous Tiv mercenaries were actually leading most of those attacks against their kinsmen.
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Cmanforall: 11:24pm On Oct 09, 2020
mechanics:
Okay o, good luck, remind me to tutor you to test your ability.
In 10 years time.
God willing.

1 Like

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by seunayantokun(m): 1:25am On Oct 10, 2020
Fussion1000:

Yes it says a lot about me, let give meritocracy a chance, meritocracy in Nigeria has been pushed to the back door and that's why Nigeria is going backward everyday, a professor that unable to write and pass competence test has no business put him or herself forward to become VC

U talked about checking their CVs and records, uhmmmmmm, you don't knw what is going on in Nigeria universities.

If you are in the system, surely records will full, some depends on others to write papers, some depends on connection to get to professorial cadre. I doubt if you knw about Babalakin and unilag VC of recent, under immediate VC of unilag a professorial cadre was awarded, in which that course was/is not offered in unilag, how come? Who I know!

I doubt if u even hear ur utterances, a professor that is written papers for publications, local and international journals can not pass competence test.

I don't know how old you are and what you have achieved. But on a faceless forum like this, you have to show respect to everyone while making your contributions. In my response to your opinion, I have been moderate but you have shown aggression and even verbally attacked women because your thought is that I am a girl. So what are you saying you are?

From the way you talk, it appears you have access to the papers or questions given the VC candidates to answer. If you do, that's fine but avoid being arrogant and disparaging remarks while making a standpoint.

The VC office is a management/administrative one and people are in there to manage a community do as to engender peace and advancement. That is SIMILAR to what is done in politics, religion, businesses and other spheres of life.

You have a valid point on the issue of merit but can we say merit is only obtainable in the examination hall? Do we assume all records are no longer reliable in Nigeria? Do we submit scrutinising records and interviewing candidates can no longer produce the merit that is desired? Are examinations only the true test of moral, administrative and academic capability and integrity? Kindly note that there is no hiding place for falsity where and when you have an unbiased umpire. But according to Alexander Pope, a poet, in his Essay on Man, 'when men sre to an evil intent bent, how soon their hands find instruments of wickedness' (paraphrased). So, where and when we don't want fairness, justice and truth, even examinations cannot help us. Plus, examinations cannot show who has an intention to embezzle or misappropriate public funds but past records well-looked into will show it. Your records show your character in the past and what to expect from you in the future. It's like a smoke that cannot be shut in. No matter what, it will always show up. In Nigeria, we have failed to make use of records and our country are in this mess. In 2015, some of us cried out about what Buhari had been known for and today, we are not surprised at what he is doing.

You can pretend during an interview and supply only 'head' knowledge in an examination but you cannot run away from your records unless those who are supposed to look at it wickedly shirk their responsibility.. That means you too have to be careful with how you talk to others on social media because the Internet as a record keeper doesn't forget.

Thank you.
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Nobody: 2:31am On Oct 10, 2020
seunayantokun:

I don't how old you are and what you have achieved. But on a faceless forum like this, you have to show respect to everyone while making your contributions. In my response to your opinion, I have been moderate but you have shown aggression and even verbally attacked women because your thought is that I am a girl. So what are you saying you are?

From the way you talk, it appears you have access to the papers or questions given the VC candidates to answer. If you do, that's fine but avoid being arrogant and disparaging remarks while making a standpoint.

The VC office is a management/administrative one and people are in there to manage a community do as to engender peace and advancement. That is SIMILAR to what is done in politics, religion, businesses and other spheres of life.

You have a valid point on the issue of merit but can we say merit is only obtainable in the examination hall? Do we assume all records are no longer reliable in Nigeria? Do we submit scrutinising records and interviewing candidates can no longer produce the merit that is desired? Are examinations only the true test of moral, administrative and academic capability and integrity? Kindly note that there is no hiding place for falsity where and when you have an unbiased umpire. But according to Alexander Pope, a poet, in his Essay on Man, 'when men sre to an evil intent bent, how soon their hands find instruments of wickedness' (paraphrased). So, where and when we don't want fairness, justice and truth, even examinations cannot help us. Plus, examinations cannot show who has an intention to embezzle or misappropriate public funds but past records well-looked into will show it. Your records show your character in the past and what to expect from you in the future. It's like a smoke that cannot be shut in. No matter what, it will always show up. In Nigeria, we have failed to make use of records and our country are in this mess. In 2015, some of us cried out about what Buhari had been known for and today, we are not surprised at what he is doing.

You can pretend during an interview and supply only 'head' knowledge in an examination but you cannot run away from your records unless those who are supposed to look at it wickedly shirk their responsibility.. That means you too have to be careful with how you talk to others on social media because the Internet as a record keeper doesn't forget.

Thank you.

I tried to restrain from commenting on your comment again, but let me do for the last time, before any employer get to level of writing interview , he would have looked at the CV/records, Everybody knows that there are 3 stages of appointing applicants,

Checking of CVs, those who crossed that stage move to written interview, and the last selection process is oral interview,

I don't need to come online and give lecture on all these stages, .....argument is on PROFESSOR (not politicians or CEOs of organizations) SUBJECTED TO WRITTEN INTERVIEW.

we are talking about academic community here, maybe you will reread the headline again.

How can someone pretends during interview? Unless it's nonentity that interview him, but one can easily falsified record and beat the interviewers.

When a person presents very valid and germane reasons to back opinion which supersede other opinions, I think its honourable to give in to the best opinion, instead of argue endlessly, I have narrated practical examples why they also need written and oral interview in addition to CVs/records presented, but if you insist.........more power to your elbow!

NB: with common sense, one should have known that those professors MUST have presented their records and CVs to the recommended panel.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Liodins: 6:29am On Oct 10, 2020
It's not everyone who sits for exams that will pass, aftwrall some individuals passes the exams so they should work with the qualified people...thank u
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by seunayantokun(m): 9:17am On Oct 10, 2020
Fussion1000:

I tried to restrain from commenting on your comment again, but let me do for the last time, before any employer get to level of writing interview , he would have looked at the CV/records, Everybody knows that there are 3 stages of appointing applicants,

Checking of CVs, those who crossed that stage move to written interview, and the last selection process is oral interview,

I don't need to come online and give lecture on all these stages, .....argument is on PROFESSOR (not politicians or CEOs of organizations) SUBJECTED TO WRITTEN INTERVIEW.

we are talking about academic community here, maybe you will reread the headline again.

When a person presents very valid and germane reasons to back opinion which supersede other opinions, I think its honourable to give in to the best opinion, instead of argue endlessly, I have narrated practical examples why they also need written and oral interview in addition to CVs/records presented, but if you insist.........more power to your elbow!

NB: with common sense, one should have known that those professors MUST have presented their records and CVs to the recommended panel.

Thank you.
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Jackmj(m): 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2020
Chii59:

The idomas have always been neglected and I like them more. They're more likely to be less hostile, less greedy and more intelligent than the average tiv person.

you again, I can see your hate for Tiv is certainly intriguing, but unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it. you hate Tiv but you're coming to stay in their place why don't you go be
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Jackmj(m): 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2020
AIlahuAkbar:
farming, sex and procreation
Hausa good at bokoharam
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2020
Jackmj:

you again, I can see your hate for Tiv is certainly intriguing, but unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it. you hate Tiv but you're coming to stay in their place why don't you go be
I didn't live in tiv land by choice. And when it's time I'll leave.
Tiv nation should wise up and take a stand. Because the days are coming when the fate of this country will be decided...
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Jackmj(m): 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2020
Chii59:

I didn't live in tiv land by choice. And when it's time I'll leave.
Tiv nation should wise up and take a stand. Because the days are coming when the fate of this country will be decided...
The time better come real quick, no time for haters
and Leave us to worry about our own fate it's non of your business
I believe you have your own problems ,try to solve em first. your folks are across the world in various prisons serving hefty jail terms
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 10, 2020
Jackmj:

The time better come real quick, no time for haters
and Leave us to worry about our own fate it's non of your business
I believe you have your own problems ,try to solve em first. your folks are across the world in various prisons serving hefty jail terms
Same backward mindset "if you don't like the situation in our state, go" keeping you guys underneath.
Even lagos state, successful as it is, it's administration gets criticism from time to time.
You claim to be the "food basket of the nation" yet taraba, nassarawa even cross river is miles ahead of you guys in terms of food production, processing and export to other states.
All you have is land. No money to farm.
The hunger in benue state leaves me worried.
Your governor and senators gulp almost all the monies coming to the state. To pay salaries na war.
Want me to keep going on?
If you mention 15 states that are marginally OK in Nigeria, you can't mention benue state.
Your major contribution is population.
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by mechanics(m): 9:08pm On Oct 10, 2020
Cmanforall:

In 10 years time.
God willing.
hahahah, by then you will want me to crack my brain o.
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by mechanics(m): 9:09pm On Oct 10, 2020
Yahksbiz:

hold yourself,
hmmm, so I can't ask a question abi?
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by Cmanforall: 11:41pm On Oct 10, 2020
mechanics:
hahahah, by then you will want me to crack my brain o.
Any assistance will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by mechanics(m): 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
Cmanforall:

Any assistance will be appreciated.
Okay o.

1 Like

Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by phylshan: 5:50am On Oct 13, 2020
angry[center][/center]
Cmanforall:
What kind of questions are asked?

I need to start preparing for tomorrow.
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by duduade: 10:06am On Oct 13, 2020
Fussion1000:

Absolutely yes
Re: 20 Benue State University Professors Fail VC Examination, 7 Pass by phylshan: 8:46am On Jul 02, 2023
crossfm:
You people don't understand the politics playing out in Benue state.The examination is a game plan to put another tiv man as a VC in BSU.

The governor is a biased triabalist we all know.Building house's for his chief and ignoring another.

They should continue. You can all see the reason why Benue state will remain backward.

The idoma people are been neglected, we all know they are the smart ones in the state.

Who told you the Idomas are smarter than the Tivs?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos That Describe Words Used By Nigerians Only / Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU / What Is The Difference Between B.sc And B.eng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.