Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,501 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy (3073 Views)

Finally!!!! I Am 18. Adulthood Here I Come (pix) Advice Me / Ungrateful Girlfriend Was Not Happy With Her Valentine Gift, Scatters Everywhere / Am 18 And Am In Love With A 30yrs Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Otisker(m): 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2020
Wish me a happy birthday. I am officially an adult today but am not excited because I have had the privilege of being in this forum and I have read wild across the internet since I was around 12 which made me realize that adult life is not easy. I am scared of the future.

I have acquired much knowledge that is beyond my age such that those knowledge are now becoming harmful to me. Sometimes when I speak among people especially my villagers they think am crazy. My emotion is even getting messed up because I worry a lot about things people my age mates wouldn't think of.

For example, I have read the 48 laws of power and am always consciously keeping my behaviours in check even in trivial situations and I always feel bad when I make a mistake in checking my behaviour.

My latest problem now is my relationship. I am dating a minor, a girl of 15. Normally people that are my age don't don't who a minor is, they don't it is a crime to have sex with a minor since the person is not old enough to make important decisions but I do. Now, I can't convince my self to have sex with her and at the same time I am scared because I know I will be deeply hurt if another careless person takes her virginity. I am also aware of the psychological effect that will make a girl stick with the person that took her virginity.

All these and many more which I am unable to type here are making me an unhappy person and causing my pursuit of education to slacken. I wish I was never exposed to mobile phones and the internet at such an early stage. cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 09, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

You need God.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Otisker(m): 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

You need God.
I don't even go to church again. I have come to the conclusion that religion is for the gullible. I believe that there is God but I don't believe any religion's view and explanation of God because they contradict one another and reality

8 Likes

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by youngking22(m): 1:59pm On Oct 09, 2020
first off Happy birthday, now you are an adult "legally" taking into consideration you are in charge off every decision from now on. your relationship with a minor is a no-no. Reading is never so many youth stronghold ,but trust yourself it will help your for the path ahead .
MY Advise too you is, build your network , grab every opportunity you can , hit the gym ,set up tasks and work towards it.
once again happy birthday

10 Likes

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by youngking22(m): 1:59pm On Oct 09, 2020
first off Happy birthday, now you are an adult "legally" taking into consideration you are in charge off every decision from now on. your relationship with a minor is a no-no. Reading is never so many youth stronghold ,but trust yourself it will help your for the path ahead .
MY Advise too you is, build your network , grab every opportunity you can , hit the gym ,set up tasks and work towards it.
once again happy birthday.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Otisker(m): 2:02pm On Oct 09, 2020
youngking22:
once again happy birthday
Thanks bro I am already working out at home and I can see the results.
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Cholls(m): 2:02pm On Oct 09, 2020
my brother you will be all right

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 09, 2020
Otisker:

I don't even go to church again. I have come to the conclusion that religion is for the gullible. I believe that there is God but I don't believe any religion's view and explanation of God because they contradict one another and reality
At your age, you have this thought?
It seems your parents ain't helping matters, no offense.

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Enifloxy(m): 2:07pm On Oct 09, 2020
Otisker:
Wish me a happy birthday. I am officially an adult today but am not excited because I have had the privilege of being in this forum and I have read wild across the internet since I was around 12 which made me realize that adult life is not easy. I am scared of the future.

I have acquired much knowledge that is beyond my age such that those knowledge are now becoming harmful to me. Sometimes when I speak among people especially my villagers they think am crazy. My emotion is even getting messed up because I worry a lot about things people my age mates wouldn't think of.

For example, I have read the 48 laws of power and am always consciously keeping my behaviours in check even in trivial situations and I always feel bad when I make a mistake in checking my behaviour.

My latest problem now is my relationship. I am dating a minor, a girl of 15. Normally people that are my age don't don't who a minor is, they don't it is a crime to have sex with a minor since the person is not old enough to make important decisions but I do. Now, I can't convince my self to have sex with her and at the same time I am scared because I know I will be deeply hurt if another careless person takes her virginity. I am also aware of the psychological effect that will make a girl stick with the person that took her virginity.

All these and many more which I am unable to type here are making me an unhappy person and causing my pursuit of education to slacken. I wish I was never exposed to mobile phones and the internet at such an early stage. cry

Your greatest mistake is reading that book 48 laws of power. But I sense you must be an intelligent person. Only advice to you is to calm down and take things easy, go and learn a skill, not I.T based but vocation like handwork. Quit reading books on character development for now. And honest truth is your calibre of person shouldn't date, and if at all you do you must be age mates or a bit older than you which you based on culture and general belief might not like, so it's better you avoid it. BUT TRUST ME YOU'LL BE FINE JUST DON'T RUSH THINGS.

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Otisker(m): 2:12pm On Oct 09, 2020
I love your contributions
Mods please...

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Cladez(m): 2:16pm On Oct 09, 2020
Knowing too much can be harmful sometimes...

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Otisker(m): 2:16pm On Oct 09, 2020
Enifloxy:

Your greatest mistake is reading that book 48 laws of power. But I sense you must be an intelligent person. Only advice to you is to calm down and take things easy, go and learn a skill, not I.T based but vocation like handwork. Quit reading books on character development for now. And honest truth is your calibre of person shouldn't date, and if at all you do you must be age mates or a bit older than you which you based on culture and general belief might not like, so it's better you avoid it. BUT TRUST ME YOU'LL BE FINE JUST DON'T RUSH THINGS.
Thanks what you said about character development is very true. I miss my childhood days so much then I was myself and behaved naturally. Not only 48 laws of power but hundreds of articles on quora and other sites on how to this and that.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Kris24(m): 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2020
Struggled to get your point exactly, at 18 you should be very conscious of self development, getting a skill and furthering your schooling, and not sex, relationship which ends in premium tears.... Happy Birthday Op

6 Likes

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Jirehz(m): 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2020
I was once like you bro.
I was always cautious of what people will say or think of my actions and inactions.
You need to Stop judging everything you do. Yes you’re now 18, but you’re still a kid with a lot to learn in life.
You’ll make a lot of mistakes
You’ll fail in certain things
You’ll learn
I learn to see social media for what it is!
Most times my position on issues on here is not what I feel in real life.
Most people here are just chasing clout.
Never take them too serious
Truth is at 18, you’ll find it hard to date a girl of your age. Most 18yo’s are after guys of 21-30. The closest you can get is a classmate.
Learn a skill
Be street wise
Read extensively, but with caution.
Get involved in your local church ( this night sound odd but I’ve come to realize that people who do, receive a special kind of blessing TBH)
Understand that there is never a perfect life.

Dedicate most of your time now learning things that will bring money, more money, extra money and you’ll be glad you did later in life.

Note: Most people in Nigeria are not happy including myself.

12 Likes

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Otisker(m): 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2020
Jirehz:
I was once like you bro.
I was always cautious of what people will say or think of my actions and inactions.
You need to Stop judging everything you do. Yes you’re now 18, but you’re still a kid with a lot to learn in life.
You’ll make a lot of mistakes
You’ll fail in certain things
You’ll learn
I learn to see social media for what it is!
Most times my position on issues on here is not what I feel in real life.
Most people here are just chasing clout.
Never take them too serious
Truth is at 18, you’ll find it hard to date a girl of your age. Most 18yo’s are after guys of 21-30. The closest you can get is a classmate.
Learn a skill
Be street wise
Read extensively, but with caution.
Get involved in your local church ( this night sound odd but I’ve come to realize that people who do, receive a special kind of blessing TBH)
Understand that there is never a perfect life.

Dedicate most of your time now learning things that will bring money, more money, extra money and you’ll be glad you did later in life.

Note: Most people in Nigeria are not happy including myself.
Thanks this is the reason I love this site. It is the only place I find people who have vast knowledge unlike Facebook. Most of my friends wonder what am always doing here when they continuously see this site on my phone but they never open it twice after I introduce them to it.

4 Likes

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Lightangel65: 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2020
You are now an adult, 15, 16 are meant to date themselves, 18 are meant to date 18 up, if you sleep with her its statutory rape she is still a kid. Just leave her and go Bleep a person older than 18 or a cougar

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Otisker(m): 2:52pm On Oct 09, 2020
Lightangel65:
You are now an adult, 15, 16 are meant to date themselves, 18 are meant to date 18 up, if you sleep with her its statutory rape she is still a kid. Just leave her and go Bleep a person older than 18 or a cougar
Bro it is not easy most girls your age that are 18 love to date way older boys. There is a girl my age whom I dated in the past but she is now dating a boy in his 30s and they are even planning to get married.

6 Likes

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by nappy760(m): 2:54pm On Oct 09, 2020
Op....forget about dating for now , dating is not a crime but most people attach it with sex so I'll advice you to stay away.

At your age it is not a crime to be single. As others have said earlier focus on building yourself. You can achieve this by relating with people older than you. Find something you are interested in and become a pro at it.

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2020
Fix Ur Mind On Productive Things & Education. Remove Ur Mind 4rm Sexual Pleasure Otherwise U Will Suffer D Consequence.

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Otisker(m): 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2020
To those saying I avoid sexual pleasures, I appreciate I only think it will be interesting if I have sexual adventures now so I can remember and talk about them in the future when I am older but it seems I will give up since the result is becoming the opposite of what I expected. I actually thought it will be fun.
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Originalsly: 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2020
You're trying to take in all of life in one go. At 18 you're officially an adult..... in relationships you're either a minor or an adult... 18 or 81 doesn't make a difference if you sleep with a minor... it's statuary rape. If you're more matured than your age then you should have no problem having gf your age or a bit older. Yes... you been diving into books for knowledge......but are you street smart? It is part of man to be social.... physically social.... to socialize with others face to face. If not...mm life will then be really frustrating. Do not let fear be part of your life..... fear of the unknown.... what is goingbto hecome of you next year?... will there be a civil war? Face life one day at a time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Otisker(m): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2020
Originalsly:
You're trying to take in all of life in one go. At 18 you're officially an adult..... in relationships you're either a minor or an adult... 18 or 81 doesn't make a difference if you sleep with a minor... it's statuary rape. If you're more matured than your age then you should have no problem having gf your age or a bit older. Yes... you been diving into books for knowledge......but are you street smart? It is part of man to be social.... physically social.... to socialize with others face to face. If not...mm life will then be really frustrating. Do not let fear be part of your life..... fear of the unknown.... what is goingbto hecome of you next year?... will there be a civil war? Face life one day at a time.
You are right bro I have to get street wise
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Dreadlock69(m): 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2020
Get dress
Get a dread
Get a iPhone
Get accessories
Go partying (Sunday)
You ain't gonna lack with e'm hoes older than you
Drink responsibly
Don't do drugs but I'll suggest weed for you if your into it
Education should be your priority now
Don't let e'm snake hoes bleep you up shit hurt badly
Have a handwork
Have few friends
HBD

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by DontBullshitMe: 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
You don't know how lucky you are.

Your level of exposure and enlightenment should be a thing of pride to you.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Sirjay001: 4:08pm On Oct 09, 2020
please where can I get this 48 laws of power, can anyone send me the PDF on Whatsapp please ��
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by ibrutex(m): 4:11pm On Oct 09, 2020
good to hear!

Dont visit romance section often it can get you confused, equip yourself with necessary skills for now , you will be fine
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by DONFRANSKID(m): 4:18pm On Oct 09, 2020
I am seeing alot of matured comments here. keep on the positive vibes guys

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by ipinuoluwa96184: 4:32pm On Oct 09, 2020
my nephew you will be all everything
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Otisker(m): 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2020
Sirjay001:
please where can I get this 48 laws of power, can anyone send me the PDF on Whatsapp please ��
You will find it in bookshops
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by mrdharkchild(m): 5:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
Go and seek for life's experience, you can't get that in books.
There's a very wide margin between theory n practical
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Pascal11: 5:56pm On Oct 09, 2020
I have been in your shoe for a long time when I worried over practically everything I worried about my life my health academics I worried about my life because I was scared I will die Young because I'm a warrior but thank God for self discipline I've put all my worries beside now and I have learnt to live I'm still worried about my future although but I set is short-term and long-term goal which I have been working on and I can see have been progressing you still have time ahead of you but did not depart from what you have learnt.
You are right to be worried oo especially if you don't have anyone to depends on
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Otisker(m): 5:56pm On Oct 09, 2020
Dreadlock69:
Get dress
Get a dread
Get a iPhone
Get accessories
Go partying (Sunday)
You ain't gonna lack with e'm hoes older than you
Drink responsibly
Don't do drugs but I'll suggest weed for you if your into it
Education should be your priority now
Don't let e'm snake hoes bleep you up shit hurt badly
Have a handwork
Have few friends
HBD
I appreciate

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Had Hot S*X With My Father’s Friend, And In The Process This Happened – Lady / Married Woman Gave Me Her Number In Front Of Her Young Hubby / The Funny Expression Of This Bride During Her Traditional Wedding is trending

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.