Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,408 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy (3076 Views)

Finally!!!! I Am 18. Adulthood Here I Come (pix) Advice Me / Ungrateful Girlfriend Was Not Happy With Her Valentine Gift, Scatters Everywhere / Am 18 And Am In Love With A 30yrs Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by chris259(m): 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2020
Well i can say me and u op have a lot in common.
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by cosmos2000(m): 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2020
I was Once in your shoes...Omo I ran to God niooo... Any time I speak what people of my age don’t know about... I feel Embarrassed with their look �
Omo you don stay long for This site ooh... Since I you are 12 Andy now you are 15....
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Hintona(f): 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2020
Stop worrying and plan your life, know what you want and how you're going to get it.

I don't know about you but that's what worked for me and anytime I feel lost or depressed I just pray and console my self that at least there's a God up there who cares about me.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Craig24: 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2020
Happy Birthday young man!

First it's perfectly healthy to feel this way cos I did experience this at 18....

However, your goal should be becoming self dependent n totally independent on anyone going forward; if you should consider going into artisanship, please do learn any handiwork bothering on buildings (houses, shopping malls, schools, etc).

You have quite a handful of them with which you can earn a good living.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Saviolamemphix(m): 7:20pm On Oct 09, 2020
Same tin happening to me.. sometimes i feel am just to exposed fr my age
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by purpinkx(m): 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2020
Happy birthday.

First off, ignore anyone advising you to postpone character development.

I don't know you or who you are, but I admire the fact that you enjoy reading.

So, I'm going to recommend more books.

48 Laws of power is not a good/bad book.

Knowing how gravity works is neither bad nor good. It is how you use it that matters.

Read.

1. Richest man in Babylon (it is idiot
-proof i.e. it seems like a stupid book, but just open your mind ... Let it flow)

2. Mastery - Robert Greene.
3. Attitude is everything - Keith H.
4. Think and grow rich - Napoleon Hill
5. The science of getting rich - Walter [something]
6. The Laws of human nature - Robert Greene.
7. The secret - Rhonda Bryne.
8. The rationale Male (all 3 books)

If you need more just holla.
Books are like playing the game of life with all the cheat codes

Or.

You can do what any 18+ old would do.

Just look around, you will see them.

Once again, Happ birthday.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2020
Otisker:

I don't even go to church again. I have come to the conclusion that religion is for the gullible. I believe that there is God but I don't believe any religion's view and explanation of God because they contradict one another and reality

grin grin cheesy cheesy

They'll say you're on the wrong train but bro you're on the right track ........

Religion is for the gullible....

Reading 48 laws of power is a very wonderful achievement and blessing.....

I hope you learnt a lot and you obey it.......
It'll help you in every aspect of life......

I hold dear as my Bible ever since I set my hands on it.....

Also check for Art Of War by Sun Tzu......

Sun Tzu said "he who knows himself and his enemies need not fear a thousand battles".....this is very quintessential in life.....

Also one of the laws says "Plan all the way to the end"........

Define your purpose and goals ......look not at your limits but at how best you can be.....

Employ the SWOT analysis.......

As for you babe, ........the law is law..... I'll advise you to leave her or else you might suffer some consequences......

Remember... *ELIGE TIBI PROELIS*.......

I wish you the best of life....

Ride on ....
Victoria Acerta.....

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 09, 2020
youngking22:
first off Happy birthday, now you are an adult "legally" taking into consideration you are in charge off every decision from now on. your relationship with a minor is a no-no. Reading is never so many youth stronghold ,but trust yourself it will help your for the path ahead .
MY Advise too you is, build your network , grab every opportunity you can , hit the gym ,set up tasks and work towards it.
once again happy birthday

@op value this ........

Also don't forget the red pill.......you'll never regret it

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
gaius01:

At your age, you have this thought?
It seems your parents ain't helping matters, no offense.

Why ....
How.....

He's on the right path bro....

We need people who have been thought how to think and not what to think

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 09, 2020
Enifloxy:

Your greatest mistake is reading that book 48 laws of power. But I sense you must be an intelligent person. Only advice to you is to calm down and take things easy, go and learn a skill, not I.T based but vocation like handwork. Quit reading books on character development for now. And honest truth is your calibre of person shouldn't date, and if at all you do you must be age mates or a bit older than you which you based on culture and general belief might not like, so it's better you avoid it. BUT TRUST ME YOU'LL BE FINE JUST DON'T RUSH THINGS.

Why did you say it was his greatest mistake?

......IT skills are important.....

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 09, 2020
Cladez:
Knowing too much can be harmful sometimes...

I think what's more harmful is lack of knowledge and speaking too much.....

ALWAYS SAY LESS THAN NECESSARY...

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Clinghton: 9:00pm On Oct 09, 2020
You can still live a fulfilled life, all you need is a mentor.

H B D
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 09, 2020
Jirehz:
I was once like you bro.
I was always cautious of what people will say or think of my actions and inactions.

the above disturbed me alot and at that time I read Dragon it was real war inside of me

You need to Stop judging everything you do. Yes you’re now 18, but you’re still a kid with a lot to learn in life.
You’ll make a lot of mistakes
You’ll fail in certain things
You’ll learn
I learn to see social media for what it is!
Most times my position on issues on here is not what I feel in real life.
Most people here are just chasing clout.
Never take them too serious
Truth is at 18, you’ll find it hard to date a girl of your age. Most 18yo’s are after guys of 21-30. The closest you can get is a classmate.
Learn a skill
Be street wise
Read extensively, but with caution.
Get involved in your local church ( this night sound odd but I’ve come to realize that people who do, receive a special kind of blessing TBH)
Understand that there is never a perfect life.

Dedicate most of your time now learning things that will bring money, more money, extra money and you’ll be glad you did later in life.

Note: Most people in Nigeria are not happy including myself.

I kinda agree with you......

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2020
Dreadlock69:
Get dress
Get a dread
Get a iPhone
Get accessories
Go partying (Sunday)
You ain't gonna lack with e'm hoes older than you
Drink responsibly
Don't do drugs but I'll suggest weed for you if your into it
Education should be your priority now
Don't let e'm snake hoes bleep you up shit hurt badly
Have a handwork
Have few friends
HBD

grin grin cheesy grin grin ;Dniggiiee
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Pancakeey(f): 9:24pm On Oct 09, 2020
Happy birthday Otisker.

Now to begin with you’re an adult “legally” but still not an adult.
You haven’t started footing bills yourself and taking up other adults responsibilities.

You said people your age range do not know it’s bad to date a minor. Lol I’m your age range and I know it’s bad to date a minor. In fact, it’s rape.

And from your story it looks like you just want to be the first guy to have sex with her nothing more. Plus, we’re in the 21st century many people do not end up with the person who took their virginity. Ugh! So dead the idea of a girl being attached to a guy because he took her virginity.

Again, you sound like someone who isn’t emotionally ready to be in a relationship.

The fact you read 48 power of law book whatever still bothers me.

A friendly reminder. Most people are not happy either but at 18 you don’t need character development books. You need friends and what makes you think if you weren’t exposed to social media at an early age you’d be happy?

I think I’ve said a lot so I’ll just stop here.

Happy birthday again!

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by seanwilliam(m): 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2020
Otisker:

I don't even go to church again. I have come to the conclusion that religion is for the gullible. I believe that there is God but I don't believe any religion's view and explanation of God because they contradict one another and reality
say no more.. you will go far with this mentality
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 09, 2020
Happy birthday.

If taking a 15-year old girl's virginity is what is bothering you at your new age of 18, then please take a break from Nairaland and re-think your life, which you should do anyway at 18. Get close to God; focus on your books/education; get productive by getting a job, starting a business and/or learning some profitable skills; and stay away from sex for as long as you can.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Otisker(m): 10:12pm On Oct 09, 2020
I love all the advises
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2020
Cladez:
Knowing too much can be harmful sometimes...
Knowledge is the root of all suffering.
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Otisker(m): 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2020
purpinkx:
Happy birthday.

First off, ignore anyone advising you to postpone character development.

I don't know you or who you are, but I admire the fact that you enjoy reading.

So, I'm going to recommend more books.

48 Laws of power is not a good/bad book.

Knowing how gravity works is neither bad nor good. It is how you use it that matters.

Read.

1. Richest man in Babylon (it is idiot
-proof i.e. it seems like a stupid book, but just open your mind ... Let it flow)

2. Mastery - Robert Greene.
3. Attitude is everything - Keith H.
4. Think and grow rich - Napoleon Hill
5. The science of getting rich - Walter [something]
6. The Laws of human nature - Robert Greene.
7. The secret - Rhonda Bryne.
8. The rationale Male (all 3 books)

If you need more just holla.
Books are like playing the game of life with all the cheat codes

Or.

You can do what any 18+ old would do.

Just look around, you will see them.

Once again, Happ birthday.

Thanks I will try those
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 10, 2020
Otisker:

You’re 18?

I’m impressed. Really impressed. I like the liberal outlook on life. It’s adventurous.

Well done!
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Sixfeetbelle: 1:33am On Oct 10, 2020
Otisker:
Wish me a happy birthday. I am officially an adult today but am not excited because I have had the privilege of being in this forum and I have read wild across the internet since I was around 12 which made me realize that adult life is not easy. I am scared of the future.

I have acquired much knowledge that is beyond my age such that those knowledge are now becoming harmful to me. Sometimes when I speak among people especially my villagers they think am crazy. My emotion is even getting messed up because I worry a lot about things people my age mates wouldn't think of.

For example, I have read the 48 laws of power and am always consciously keeping my behaviours in check even in trivial situations and I always feel bad when I make a mistake in checking my behaviour.

My latest problem now is my relationship. I am dating a minor, a girl of 15. Normally people that are my age don't don't who a minor is, they don't it is a crime to have sex with a minor since the person is not old enough to make important decisions but I do. Now, I can't convince my self to have sex with her and at the same time I am scared because I know I will be deeply hurt if another careless person takes her virginity. I am also aware of the psychological effect that will make a girl stick with the person that took her virginity.

All these and many more which I am unable to type here are making me an unhappy person and causing my pursuit of education to slacken. I wish I was never exposed to mobile phones and the internet at such an early stage. cry

This line really bothered me: You're worried about someone taking her virginity.

Wait ooh, let me understand this. Is it your virginity? Is she your wife? How is her virginity your concern or problem? If somebody else took it, how does it concern you or affect your life?

Is this not an entitlement mentality mbok?
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Otisker(m): 9:42am On Oct 10, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

This line really bothered me: You're worried about someone taking her virginity.

Wait ooh, let me understand this. Is it your virginity? Is she your wife? How is her virginity your concern or problem? If somebody else took it, how does it concern you or affect your life?

Is this not an entitlement mentality mbok?
It is not my virginity but humans are like that. If someone takes the virginity of someone you love, you will be jealous.
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Faithful23(f): 10:14am On Oct 10, 2020
Happy birthday! Welcome to the Adulthood. Try focusing your mind on the positive things and work toward achieving your goals.
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Bojack(m): 10:36am On Oct 10, 2020
Oga op I don't have any advice for you but all the same happy birthday .
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Enifloxy(m): 9:35am On Oct 13, 2020
Xavfra:

Why did you say it was his greatest mistake?

......IT skills are important.....

Reading that book. You have to attain a certain level of maturity to actually digest its content.
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by benzene00: 11:00am On Oct 13, 2020
cosmos2000:
I was Once in your shoes...Omo I ran to God niooo... Any time I speak what people of my age don’t know about... I feel Embarrassed with their look �
Omo you don stay long for This site ooh... Since I you are 12 Andy now you are 15....
. what sort of English is this
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by ibechris(m): 11:39am On Oct 13, 2020
U actually read the wrong book at that age hence ur thoughts.

If u want to recharge your life and change ur perception about this world. Start reading investment books,retirements books and self development books and not self destructive book when u are not a politician.

These books are not hard to get,just Google them using pdfdrive.com and sure u will become a better person.
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 13, 2020
Enifloxy:

Reading that book. You have to attain a certain level of maturity to actually digest its content.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Tell me more......
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by cosmos2000(m): 2:38pm On Oct 13, 2020
benzene00:
. what sort of English is this
Bro use your logic arrange and discard any mistake their...I was just in a haste to contribute
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by EmeraldKing7(m): 1:35am On Oct 15, 2020
Otisker:

Bro it seems we resonate at the same frequency.Ur idea on religion is homogeneous to mine

At my age,it seems am the only one among my mates that isn't into Yahoo and other conventional trivial things and focuses more on intelluctual stuff..

Let's be friends
Re: Help: I Am 18 Today And I Am Not Happy by Otisker(m): 10:37am On Oct 16, 2020
EmeraldKing7:

Bro it seems we resonate at the same frequency.Ur idea on religion is homogeneous to mine

At 20,it seems am the only one among my mates that isn't into Yahoo and other conventional trivial things and focuses more on intelluctual stuff..

Let's be friends
I will respond soon to your email

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Dated A Girl That Was Too Worldly Wise For Your Liking. / Do You Have Secrets You've Vowed To Take To The Grave? / Men Share Their Heartbreaking Experience With Vagina People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.