Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

#EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police (46331 Views)

Enugu LG Election Turns Violent As Gunmen Kill 5, Set Vehicles Ablaze (Video) / Pro-Buhari & Anti-Buhari Protesters Clash In New York Before Buhari's Speech / Buhari Supporters & Anti-Buhari Protesters Clash In London: Pictures & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by engrchykae(m): 3:29am On Oct 10, 2020
Ezmans:
any nation playing with youths anger is playing with fire
when youths demanded Independence,even great Britain had to give up and Grant our fathers Independence,who come be monkey?
Forgetting that Shiite and ipob are on standby .
We have the most senseless hoodlums claiming to be leaders in the planet
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by engrchykae(m): 3:31am On Oct 10, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
sad I pity some Bois oo.Bullet nor bi stone.Eba dey sweet oo wink cheesy wink sad cool.If u DIE,u DIE for nothing
Yoruba cowardice is evil against manhood.
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by chukwuibuipob: 4:00am On Oct 10, 2020
Kid! Dat is not cowardice.U protest peacefully ,not going about to destroy police property.Can u upload ur picture among the protesters grin sad
engrchykae:
Yoruba cowardice is evil against manhood.
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by Bamibor: 4:52am On Oct 10, 2020
osazsky:
ignore that Yahoo guy..cant u see I have left him...really we dont know our priorities.waitin concern market woman with SARS. We know they are there for thier children or daughters boyfriend na them

You are evidently very naive. You and the others who think the ENDsars protest is only championed by fraudulent people.

I have a legitimate job, have no affiliations nor interests in fraud whatsoever, yet I have severally being accosted by SARS operatives, who not only trampled on my human rights with their very invasive actions ( demanding and searching through my mobile phones and official gadgets) but indiscriminately demanded that I settle them for absolutely no reason.

The most recent encounter was just 2 months ago and one of them, obviously under the influence whatever he drank or smoked, was threatening over and again to shoot both myself and the Uber driver with whom I w as commuting.

SARS, regardless of whatever well-intended purpose for which they were created out of the police force, have abused their authority and as such outlived their usefulness. They should be proscribed and under a reformed police arrangement, other mechanisms of fighting robbery and kidnapping can be put in place.

It was never in the Job description of SARS to go after "yahoo boys". The EFCC & ICPC have that mandate and if an organ is created by the police to support them, their jobs can be done with proper regards to fundamental human rights and without the needless profiling and stereotyping of every yiuth6who appears to be "well to do".

If the government turns a deaf ear now, I assure you that with or without the likes of you who are yet to see the light, the struggle will not only continue, but will invariably snow ball into a full scale revolution until the government realizes they are accountable to the people.

#EndSars #Nigeriansarewakingup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 10, 2020
Thumbs up guys! If only i were a boy...
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by eddyslim(m): 6:05am On Oct 10, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
Say a kid typing from his papa room.How old are u u wen bullet Dey fly during Npn/upn and babangida must go time? Ask ur papa.Kid
Keep wailing grandfather.
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 10, 2020
Stan2330:

There are two sides of this coin
If buhari heeds to the protest to end sars, he knows Nigerians will gain more confidence and demand for a change of government that is why he is acting deaf watching how the protest will end...

What happened in Libya is coming to Nigeria and it's now
You are right, once this is achieved Nigerians go grow horns and come out after and little discomfort.
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 10, 2020
osamz007:
The revolution is coming and they won't be able to contain it

Una one see military abi
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 10, 2020
lexy2014:

I didn't ask if u are in Benin. Am not interested in ur location. This is what I asked u:

"What makes protesting against SARS any less important than d issues u mentioned? So u mean that all d people protesting in various parts of d country are criminals? How did u arrive at that conclusion? Are u saying d women in this story are protesting because they are criminals?"

By d way, are SARS officers law abiding citizens or criminals?
my bro, they are suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

Is it not even a shame that the youths are now so hopeless that they depend on alleged Yahoo to survive?

You talk they call you fraud sympathizer but the average Nigeria youth is scared to put on a good dress have a good phone, I didn't mention car o.

Just been in a bus you can be fished out too and they would still claim you hid your tools then the extortion and killing if you can't pay.

I mean don't we have EFCC again in this country
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 10, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Many protesting Are criminals

Are Nigerian Youth not engaging in Online fraud or not?
firstly not all Nigeria youth or all those protesting are online fraudsters.

Secondly the Sars themselves are not solving any online fraud problem but only extorting the fraudsters for their own criminal gains.

Thirdly you don't arrest persecute and judge a fraudster all by yourself which doesn't take Sars five minutes (hushpuppi, Invictus where arrested after due evidence, naira Marley sang pro Yahoo songs, was raided, the evidence he supported Yahoo was there but is free today because no case)
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by Fsekillmonger: 6:56am On Oct 10, 2020
I expected such protest on more national burning issues; Ganduje stuffing dollars in babariga, that senator Abba that slapped some one in an indecent store, more transparency and accountability in governance,protesting fuel and electricity hike, Bullion vans entering burdillion in an.election period, mis appropriation of covid 19 feeding funds, lop sided appointment to the north of this administration, herds men marauding, state of security and never changing the incompetent service chiefs, not this that affects what percent of the population; Hope with this few points of mine I AV convinced you without doubt that ain't kemi is right...with out generalising the age bracket though

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by themaestro08(m): 7:02am On Oct 10, 2020
Mikecold:
my ekpoma peeps don carry police sign board go house for broad day light.

No mess with Esan

No mess with Edo

These guys made me proud
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by Kuginzi: 7:04am On Oct 10, 2020
EyezofGod120:
angry no more end SARS seff,,#buhari resign
On Nairaland abi?
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by themaestro08(m): 7:05am On Oct 10, 2020
Kingspin:
#EndSARSprotest#

Nothing is happening in the Northern part of Nigeria?

What are these people up to? No protest what so ever, fuel or electric hike no no
Na only killing and Boko they know?

Poverty everywhere.
Since they can not protest for anything.

#North revolution now

We northerners are bleeping hypocrites. We believe buhari is our own and will never do anything that will portray him in bad light. Shame to us
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by cardoctor(m): 7:07am On Oct 10, 2020
I hope this protest doesn't end with deaths. Pls ooo
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 10, 2020
lexy2014:

How does SARS identify "online robbers" in Nigeria? How does SARS determine whether a person has done fraud on his phone or not?
the real question sef is even when you find fraud in the phone.

You don't have a warrant to arrest him, investigation must have been done stating who you defrauded.

Jay Z in one of his lines said "i sold drugs and got away" can you possibly charge such person who even admitted such?

No cos no investigation pointing he did such
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by osamz007: 7:45am On Oct 10, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Una one see military abi
MILITARY wey no fit handle Boko Haram
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by ProfAmaben(m): 7:51am On Oct 10, 2020
HeadShot:
undecided

Shame on Buhari

Shame on the lifeless presidency

A serious president would have nipped this in the bud by addressing the country..
[s]
God punish all those things that brought this calamity in ASO Roc[/s]k

Calm down and be honest, didn't SARS exist under Goodluck? Why didn't he end SARS then? Buhari has already ordered the IGP to ban their activities, what else should he do?
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by HeadShot: 7:54am On Oct 10, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Calm down and be honest, didn't SARS exist under Goodluck? Why didn't he end SARS then? Buhari has already ordered the IGP to ban their activities, what else should he do?
Don't know why you brought Jonathan into this..

How many times will Buhari issue such directive

Give it three weeks... We will still be right here where we started
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by Myer(m): 8:19am On Oct 10, 2020
osamz007:

Leave Ekpoma youths oh, they are just violent by nature.
In fact dem fit no even know what ENDSARS mean, their own na just to cause trouble.
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:32am On Oct 10, 2020
osazsky:
Them increase fuel no protest..rice no protest...electricity everyone is happy...most people protesting are criminals..if u are not into fraud and respect urself no policeman will harass u...legit work is still the best... though I have never supported the excesses of SARS .we dont know our priority. Until we realise we will remain where we are till enternity.our hospitals looks like prison..hostels looks like where animals are kept..roads are in a deplorable state..a single senator get 36m every month just as travelling allowance and we voted them...during elections the will of the people are upturned..the judiciary is now a political party.most persons can boast of 3 hrs supply of electricity a day and they pay heavily for nothing..u plant cassava cows feed on them..farmers are killed by herdsman.in the north boko haram are celebrities and are rewarded heavily for killing.graduates struggling to get into n power platform becuz of 30k a month.pensioners are not paid retire and go home..someone in the west has 5 bullion Van's in his compound..nobody is taking SARS should be the least of our problems right now
Seems you're not resident in Nigeria. You don't need to be into fraud to be harassed by SARS. As long as you're a young man and drive a nice car you'll sooner or later get harassed
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by ThatFairGuy1: 8:32am On Oct 10, 2020
Our dear Ekpoma, being years we set eyes on you.
Sad to be reading this about you.
Yahoo boys no dey finish for Ekpoma.

In all, Do not End SARS, reform it.
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by OyinO: 8:51am On Oct 10, 2020
osamz007:

Bring it on!!! It's TIME!!!
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by OyinO: 8:52am On Oct 10, 2020
slivertongue:
all the anger against this failed administration is now deployed into end SARS

I beg to differ. End SARS is real. Many people have lost innocent loved ones to SARS BRUTALITY. Don't get it twisted.
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by OyinO: 8:54am On Oct 10, 2020
madridguy:
Nigeria Police should allow people to exercise their right.

The people are not begging them either. If they like, let them not allow the people. Violence will tear the con3 apart, and the so-called Naija police will be nowhere to be found.
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by domicile: 9:35am On Oct 10, 2020
We need peace and order

$120 PayPal funds for sale

360/$

Contact WhatsApp https:///13n22rj8
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by Profadvocate: 9:41am On Oct 10, 2020
With this same spirit
My people after we have end SARS the next is this our corrupt administration in Nigeria
People are suffering and other are busy chopping the nation wealth using different corrupt means
School children feeding scheme
Alpha beta
Niger delta development funds
Cocic 19 donation and alot more

Lets come together and force them to vomit our wealth and go to jail
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by Simplecity(m): 11:03am On Oct 10, 2020
Stan2330:

There are two sides of this coin
If buhari heeds to the protest to end sars, he knows Nigerians will gain more confidence and demand for a change of government that is why he is acting deaf watching how the protest will end...

What happened in Libya is coming to Nigeria and it's now
i reason with you..i now understand clearly because i was wondering why a situation of this calibar has not been spoken about or addressed by the president up till now....chaii...politics is a dirty game sad
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by nurusystem(m): 1:47pm On Oct 10, 2020
my own is revolution now
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by TheRollingStone: 1:59pm On Oct 10, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

there is no uprising coming

Many have eyes but can’t see.
Re: #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police by capatainrambo: 2:06pm On Oct 10, 2020
hopexter:

Noisemaker
abi? Okay na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said / Osinbajo And President Macron Of France At G7 Summit (Photo) / Agege-Pen Cinema Bridge Commissioned By Sanwo-Olu And Tinubu (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.